#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

Merrieeee... submit your story! It's a cute one! Unless you are offered/steal an even better one... :cryingwlaughter:

Just be a bit more dramatically descriptive and you've got it!

I guess I don't subscribe to the 'any publicity is good publicity' school of thought. I'd rather not see him on either site, if all they can do is mock him. If, even once in a while, they had something good to say, I might feel differently. Constant, one-sided mockery is not my idea of good publicity,

Neither do I. I really do think it's a matter of I think it's funny and you don't. I also don't think it's one sided mockery. There's a LOT of good out there. A lot. I think too much attention is paid to the bad..and because of the onslaught everybody is sensitive and that's understandable. But no names blogs are also given more credence than an ET appearance of a no name blog that says something good. There's humor to be found in one Clay Aiken. And I think it's ok to laugh somestimes.

DJS..you MUST submit that story. And if you win, Merrieeee will even get up on the stage and freakin' read it :cryingwlaughter:

Stories on TMZ or GoFugYourself are just not on my radar, since I would never go to any of those sites unless someone links them here to say they have a pretty picture of Clay. (And yes, I do think those pictures are pretty. :hubbahubba: ) I'm just not into celebrity gossip, humourless or humourful. And I'm probably not a good judge of either, anyways. Too involved to be subjective, I suspect.

I loved, loved, loved the Insider and ET Online videos! So great to see him out about, and listen to him being articulate about things that really matter. God, I miss him, I really do. It was so great to hear from him today and to get all the new pictures and clack. Only a few more weeks until we get some real, live public appearances.....I think I can make it. :lilredani:

OK, I have a story about ferries because they hadn't gotten around to build bridges yet and DJS has a story about using an out house - goodness gracious - just how old are we?????

ETA - I can think of a few famewhores on a home board narrows eyes to thin slits and looks around

Anybody else having trouble getting that ETOnline link to work?

Yep, what he says is true and wonderful.

I still think this particular "look" of Clay's does him NO favors at all. Nope. At all.

I'd still do him, though.

And spend mucho buckos to travel all over the freakin' country to see and hear him.

And spend waaaaay too much time on message boards talking and thinking about him.

And right click and save pics and videos and all that stuff so that I can spend waaaaayy more time watching and listening to him.

Yep, he's a wonderful, wonderful man.

And I still think this particular 'look' of Clay's does him NO favors at all. Nope. At all.

He does give good interview, though. :hubbahubba:

I guess I don't subscribe to the 'any publicity is good publicity' school of thought. I'd rather not see him on either site, if all they can do is mock him. If, even once in a while, they had something good to say, I might feel differently. Constant, one-sided mockery is not my idea of good publicity,

Neither do I. I really do think it's a matter of I think it's funny and you don't. I also don't think it's one sided mockery. There's a LOT of good out there. A lot. I think too much attention is paid to the bad..and because of the onslaught everybody is sensitive and that's understandable. But no names blogs are also given more credence than an ET appearance of a no name blog that says something good. There's humor to be found in one Clay Aiken. And I think it's ok to laugh somestimes.

DJS..you MUST submit that story. And if you win, Merrieeee will even get up on the stage and freakin' read it :cryingwlaughter:

Couchie, I was strictly speaking of the two sites mentioned. One does nothing but mock (by it's very nature), one does nothing but sling mud and use up oxygen.

I know some people have the impression that I think the sun shines out of Clay's butt, or that he never makes a misstep, or never has a bad hair day. I don't. At all. It is mind boggling in the extreme to me (and anybody who knows me) that I could be considered the Pollyanna or Mary Sunshine of anything. OMG. And maybe, if there weren't so goddamned many people out there actively seeking his downfall, mocking and 'snarking' on him at every opportunity, etcera, then maybe I'd feel a little differently. But there are. And I don't. And surely, surely, if it's okay to do it - to say he looks like shit, or his concert ideas are embarrasing, or he's a jerk, then surely it's okay for me not like it. Isn't it???

I'm not a humorless pollyanna. I guess I just play one on message boards.

I know some people have the impression that I think the sun shines out of Clay's butt, or that he never makes a misstep, or never has a bad hair day. I don't. At all. It is mind boggling in the extreme to me (and anybody who knows me) that I could be considered the Pollyanna or Mary Sunshine of anything. OMG. And maybe, if there weren't so goddamned many people out there actively seeking his downfall, mocking and 'snarking' on him at every opportunity, etcera, then maybe I'd feel a little differently. But there are. And I don't. And surely, surely, if it's okay to do it - to say he looks like shit, or his concert ideas are embarrasing, or he's a jerk, then surely it's okay for me not like it. Isn't it???

I'm not a humorless pollyanna. I guess I just play one on message boards.

ahhh... but I'm not trying to talk you out of your opinion. I've known you too long, that's impossible. :cryingwlaughter: And I'm definitely not saying there's something wrong with you for not seeing the humor. Only saying I like it and it's not because it's the lesser of the evils.

Lucky, you make a point about being too close. I laugh at other celebrities foibles all the time when I hear about them.

To be honest, I wouldn't click on TMZ even for a pretty picture. But I hate shows like ET and Insider more with their "faux" headlines and no content stories. ( and of course I'd watch any and all to see Clay grrrrrr) And acutally I like the Fug Site. I find it funny. We're all in different places and we'll all have different reactions. I think I can continue to laugh at things because 1)I've placed a big gigantic wall between me and the sludge and 2) I understand that practically every bad thing said about Clay ends up somewhere on his message board or google alert, desiminated for all to know. And I've come to realize it ain't that much and the common man on the street probably sees 1% if that. But again, that's based on my experiences. I'm shocked when I read others who have issues with family and co workers and friends. That is just simply NOT my experience at all.

not buying a jenna bush book I'll put a check into one of those envelops UNICEF keeps sending me now that they have all my pertinent information.

KAndre keeps a beady eye wide open for defensiveness...

It is one of my requirements that everybody dislike something. Whether it be mockery, or a particular look, or the singing/not singing of a particular song/genre. As long as everyone remembers that liking something doesn't make it good, and disliking it doesn't make it bad.

There are a LOT of frickin' people out there not being nice to Clay on a number of levels (though personally I think it is very few actively seeking his "downfall") - I just see even more actively propping his fine butt up. Including Clay himself. But honestly? The majority of people are totally indifferent to him and his fans. It's not news that Clay's a nice guy and during performances he looks hotter than fire. It apparently is news when he doesn't look totally hot. And what a difference 5 years makes.

In general, you don't strike me as a humorless Pollyana on anything (except maybe a little on this - and I'm not saying you're not right to be), but others (including moi) aren't totally insensitive bitches on the subject either (except maybe a little on this too). Some things people will just have agree to diverge on.

I think he's a dollface, however he does or doesn't do the hair. In fact, the day I thought it was hottest of all, there were people who didn't like it. And while some of the long hair pictures from last Christmas are gorgeous, some of them do absolutely nothing for me. And some of those are passed around regularly as examples of Hot Clay, so it's all completely subjective.

And, to add two bits to my two cents, I think he looks way better now with a little weight on him than when his cheeks were sunken and he looked like he needed a good hot meal. But that's just me.

And finally, my mother has never liked my hair either, and I don't care. Because when I was a kid she'd cut it and give me a home permanent and that was just wrong.

Well, I guess I won’t need that little DVD player for my trip now that my boyfriend has given me an assignment to work on during that 10 hour flight to Frankfurt and the subsequent 5 hours after that to Baku. There’s a 6 hour lay over in between to change planes, so I can talk to John then. This girl isn’t taking English Comp I for nothing! And here, I thought I had the most abysmal timing of anyone. Yes, the Lord moveth in mysterious ways……kind of like "what happens right after Angela runs her fingernails up Clay's arm. Or something." TM 00lsee

So, I guess I’m packing a Steno pad and a pencil or two. This should be fun. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with because I know there are some absolutely amazing writers in this fandom, none of whom take a backseat to anything else that’s out there. I’m not saying that all of the stories will be top notch writing but I have no doubt that most of them will give us some of those unique concert memories that we love…..and hate. Either way….we sure love to talk about them. I love that he is trying to make each go round during the holidays different than the last, and each concert a little bit different than the one I saw the night before. Clay, I can squeeze you in one more night without having to change a flight. Would you give a girl a break and let me know what you’re doing on December 16th? My dance card’s got an opening that I need to fill that night…..and I saved a few bucks on that DVD player thing you can have.

As far as the pictures from yesterday go….flat hair…..poofy tummy…..whatever…..not my favorite look but one that can easily be converted into same by laying him on his back, grabbing handfuls of blue shirt and pulling……no better way to get rid of a little pooch that I know of since other forms of exercise do not exist in my world….probably not in his either.

I think fug is funny, too. But then again, I referenced God and Waldo in the same sentence…..within one week of air travel.

I’m leaving on Saturday for Azerbaijan for ten days. I guess it’s time I called my Mama and told her I was moving…..just in case she finds out I went half way around the world without telling her. She might be a tad pissed. That’ll be a Christmas memory …..Ho Lee Shit. I will be back on the 15th and I am supposed to have internet at the hotel – wireless. Hope it works.

I got to messing around in my hard drive last night and did a few more pix.

One all sweetness & light…

203260863-L.jpg

And another a little more dark & dangerous

203101400-L.jpg

One of these days I am going to make a dent in those summer tour pix. One of these days....wish me luck.

And one from ET.

I think his hair looks great in the videos. Something about the still pictures doesn't show how good he looks. I think he's so animated, the still photographers (who are not ClackGoddesse!) just can't keep up!

ClayJennaET.jpg

If someone's story is chosen, others will tear it down because theirs wasn't picked. People will claim the story isn't true, or that whoever wrote it is a famewhore.

English lesson for today >>>>>> "famewhore" noun. 1. Someone who captures, or attempts to capture, Clay's attention - who is not a member of one's own home board. 2. Someone who has previously captured Clay's attention, and tries to do so again - who is not a member of one's own home board. Note - if someone has been declared a famewhore due to annoying behavior, such as jumping up and down and yelling MMMMEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! and obstructing others' view of Clay, and is then discovered to be a member of one's own home board, they are converted to "fun-lovin' fabulous Clay fan just havin' a blast" immediately.

Just so you know.

That just had me on the floor. Truer words were never spoken!! :cryingwlaughter:

And one from ET.

I think his hair looks great in the videos. Something about the still pictures doesn't show how good he looks. I think he's so animated, the still photographers (who are not ClackGoddesse!) just can't keep up!

ClayJennaET.jpg

Thanks, Cotton! ^^^Now that's a nice shot - better angle, better lighting, and I wonder if Clay in motion and interacting doesn't almost always come across better than Clay standing still posing.

And one from ET.

ClayJennaET.jpg

I liked the way he looked in the video, too. And he was damn articulate, which I find all kinds of hot.

The pic would look better, though, if he let me plump up his lips by kissing them. While running my hands through his hair to fluff it up, of course. I might loosen the tie a little bit, too. He'd then have hawt, lustful eyes, plump lips and he'd be just a bit disheveled. He'd look purrrrfect.

:hubbahubba:

I know some people have the impression that I think the sun shines out of Clay's butt, or that he never makes a misstep, or never has a bad hair day. I don't. At all.

You don't? OMG. Friendship off! ;) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I took a walk with my iPod (hee, don't I always?) and You Were There came on. I have no idea whose clack it is but it is from my "Best of NaT" folder, and WOW, was it clear and awesome. Sounded like it could have been studio recorded. I would love to hear him sing that again some day. And that got me thinking about this coming Christmas tour, and the set list. I have seen people on other boards complaining that he's going to take up too much time with audience interactions instead of singing some new songs. I think he does the audience interactions as much for himself as for the audience involved. I think it's one way to break up the show, for him, because I do think he gets bored singing the same songs over and over, as wonderful as they sound to us. I hope and kind of expect that he will add a few surprises to the set list again, but for the most part I think he feels that he should stick to his repertoire from MCWL and AIW. And since I love pretty much every song from those CDs (with the possible exception of the JTTW arrangement from MCWL, but there are a lot of variations he could use, such as the Disney arrangement) I am pumped to hear them again. My one wish this year is that he ressurect O Holy Night. I missed it last year.

Did anyone answer the question (I forget who asked it) about what word Clay said in those online clips? Because I can't figure it out either! He said ______ and hail a cab. Off to listen again.....

I sincerely hope I didn't come off as defensive in my post this morning...that wasn't my intent; just to give my perspective and how things effect me.

Cindilu :F_05BL17blowkiss: I totally understand where you are coming from.

Loved Clay on ET...he really is adorable and I didn't get the Donald Trump comparisons either.

Amazing how one little appearance is getting him so much publicity...UNICEF or a new PR person?

Kim

I do like the Fug site because they are pretty funny and clever in their snark. I also thought that the blurb on Clay was pretty positive cos it did present him as a big star, I found it pretty harmless snark. So many celebrities get on the fug site and most of the time I find it pretty funny cos I agree with their assessment...even on this one. Yeah its Clay and I love him...but not the most flattering look.

00Isee... BWAH! It has happened! I think his Wiglia even earned BAF some monies if I remember right... :cryingwlaughter:

I have a funny Christmas story that someone who is going can borrow if they want. I live in OC! Sigh!

The kids were ages 7, 11, 12. We were trying so hard to make this Christmas still "Santa" brings the presents for the youngest. One night when he was out of the room, I was impressing upon the girls that this would probably be his last "I believe in Santa" Christmas. The oldest piped up and said... well, then use different wrapping paper for the "From Santa" presents than what you and dad use for the presents from you guys, cause that's how we figured it you were really Santa Claus.

BWAH! At least I thought it was funny!

Hee that is funny...Cos I always took pains to make the Santa wrappings different from the other gifts...but then my girls would find the left over wrappings and figured it out anyway...

Hmmmm, when I was about 6 I was spending Christmas on a farm in Louisiana and had to go out after dark to use the outhouse on a cool clear Christmas Eve. By myself. Not happy. When I was done, I started back to the house, heard some noise, turned around - and saw Santa come walking out of the cornfield (sorta like that Kevin Costner movie). I screamed and ran the rest of the way to the house, and would not come out of the bedroom to see Santa.

I don't think that is what Clay is looking for, somehow.

Hee this is a cute story....so was that the TRUE santa????

It's funny how much press his appearance at the Jenna Bush book signing has received. Just goes to show that he's still a very relevant celebrity.

I know, I am really surprised... Loveing the ET and Insider interview...

EEEEEEEEEEE

Someone ripped it and I got to see the ET clip. OMG he looks so much better in the video! He has become so articulate about UNICEF! Not too many umms any more*g*

Clay Aiken...a smart, intelligent, kind, loving humanitarian and let's not forget one hawt sexay man!!!!

When I was a kid we didn't have too much money but I always had pillow case at the end of my bed filled with stuff from Santa. One year I was about 5, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw this monster at the bottom of my bed...no it was not Santa but a balloon that looked like a American Indian with a feather headress! In the dark I could not make out what it was but I remember being really scared and screaming at the top of my lungs. I hide under the covers and refused to come out until all the lights were on and I knew it was not a monster!

My parents were not too pleased with Santa that year!

Another cute story...love all of them

I think I will submit my story, come to think of it! Not sentimental, it was just funny - Santa of the Corn!

Thanks!

It is amazing how much mileage Clay gets out of an appearance. I also think the Fug site is funny and not mean-spirited - like someone else said, I read stuff on the boards, written by fans, that is decidedly harsh and unfunny, and the Fug stuff is just humorous.

hee Santa of the Corn...BWAH

I was jsut thinking that this appearance is getting a lot of mileage because he really does not look like that most of the time. When people are used to him looking better...looking less than your best can make news. Those videos tels me that the probelm is mainly the harsh lighting. Made him look paler than he is and created shadows that just did not flatter.

Karen eh...I will suggest you bring one of those DVDs anyway. There are some cheap ones that can last a pretty long time. We have one that is mainly used by my little girl and has been a god send on many travels. I sure hope you have wireless connection cos we will miss you. But what an adventure eh???