#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

Do you know what I like best about this contest? It will allow people a chance who have never had a chance to have some Clay time. To me this is like the NANA contest (smooches to my friend that won that) where unexpected people, new people will get a chance to have a special moment. Everybody gets an equal chance. I like watching his mind work and I like him just being him. But it sounds like all of 10 minutes of a concert, maybe 15. Hell I can't even imagine it not working because, well, it's Clay. But it sounds like he's doing some cooking up something a little different for this tour. He can't grow, with his art, or his imagination, if he isn't allowed the opportunity to try new things -- or even to lay an egg now and then. Go Clay!! :13:

WORD!

Why am I not surprised to hear people already complaining? Is it any wonder that he doesn't blog more often, when the responses are often so angry and insulting?

I don't have any worries about his concept. He knows how to run a show, and I seriously doubt he's going to pick stories that will bore or offend the majority of the audience. My guess is that the winners will be those that are simple and either touching or funny. If they're not short, they'll probably be significantly edited. I just don't see this as some sort of elaborate storytime. I think he's looking more for quick anecdotes than long, flowery tales.

But I can already see the potential for rabid jealousy. If someone's story is chosen, others will tear it down because theirs wasn't picked. People will claim the story isn't true, or that whoever wrote it is a famewhore. They'll nitpick the writing, or denounce the delivery.

I think that all Clay is asking is for people to share their holiday memories. IMHO, that's not a bad thing, and it's done on boards all the time without bitterness or accusation. However, I fear that the prize (Clay's attention) may bring out the worst in people.

Normally I don't post comments on his blog but I felt I had to to show support. Whatever happened to all the cliches about unconditional, let Clay.... etc? I guess they only count when it is right for them.

I think this is really funny!

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yo...rity-terro.html

Celebrity Terror Trump Watch: Clay Aiken I was thinking to myself yesterday, "you know, I haven't seen Clay Aiken for a while. I wonder what he's up to?"

Yes, friends, he was locked up in his basement with The Trumpinator2000, an elaborate machine similar to a Bowflex, which -- in only 20 minutes a day, three days a week -- will eventually transform your face, hair and brows from whatever they used to be into something more closely resembling The Donald. Women (especially those with bad eyesight) will flock to you! Your friends will claim to be "amazed" and "stunned"! Your mother will cry! Probably with joy, because who doesn't dream of her baby turning himself into a wee Trumplette, right? A steal for even the regular Joe at just six payments of $79.99, The Trumpinator2000 is thrilled to have superstar Clay Aiken as its first celebrity spokesperson!

Sigh.

I really must have lost my sense of humor. I don't find it the littlest bit funny.

I thought it was funny because I did not think it was mean, didn't have the usual gay slam and it is no more than a lot of people have been saying about the pics.

What she said.

I also liked that they called him "superstar Clay Aiken." *g*

Finally, for some reason, I can see CLAY laughing at this description. And if he's not laughing -- well, he's a grown man. He'll deal. JMO.

Frankly I would wither under Clay's biting humor. I also think he has the ability to take it as well. And if somebody tries to be clever and original I'm willing to give them a little credit. I'd rather see him make the Fug every day of the week than some of the places that do hone in on him.

ETA: Jenna..good points. Lord knows I use fameho a bit too much and probably on folks who would never describe themselves at such but the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Clay Nation is talent. There are a lot of talented, funny, heart touching stories that we tell each other every day of the week. And guess what. Every board has people that can deliver. If people just keep that in mind and stop second guessing and thinking they know what's going to happen before it happens - just be open to accept what people have to offer -- well I think they'll be surprised and who knows, maybe even touched. The least of my worries is who will be chosen to speak. Oh wait..I don't have any worries. heee.

Frankly I would wither under Clay's biting humor. I also think he has the ability to take it as well. And if somebody tries to be clever and original I'm willing to give them a little credit. I'd rather see him make the Fug every day of the week than some of the places that do hone in on him.

ITA. After what I heard was put on PHs site today I would have him be treated like this by the Fug site any day.

(And no I will not repeat what was written.)

WestPointlean-1.jpg

From JNT06 at West Point - The Suit? from a better angle.

I wasn't a fan of the long hair, but this could change my mind! :hubbahubba:

I LOVE this picture and how he looked last year with the long hair. :Thud:

Wiglia? Well, true to my eHP form, my first thought was it must have something to do with what happens right after Angela runs her fingernails up Clay's arm. Or something.

00Isee... BWAH! It has happened! I think his Wiglia even earned BAF some monies if I remember right... :cryingwlaughter:

I have a funny Christmas story that someone who is going can borrow if they want. I live in OC! Sigh!

The kids were ages 7, 11, 12. We were trying so hard to make this Christmas still "Santa" brings the presents for the youngest. One night when he was out of the room, I was impressing upon the girls that this would probably be his last "I believe in Santa" Christmas. The oldest piped up and said... well, then use different wrapping paper for the "From Santa" presents than what you and dad use for the presents from you guys, cause that's how we figured it you were really Santa Claus.

BWAH! At least I thought it was funny!

Hey, how about them Colorado Rockies!! They played the Padres, and were tied through a lot of the game, and finally won at the bottom of the 13th inning. It was the longest one-game tiebreaker in major league history.

I feel asleep watching that game. Hee. It just went on and on and on. But I gotta know. I gotta ask. [shallow]Who dressed those guys? Who decided that the yellow on yellow was a good look for grown men? And who chose the pixie vests for the most important game of the season? I couldn't decide which team looked sillier. No that's a lie. Padres. Hands down one of the worst baseball looks evah! Right up there with the disaster that was the Chicago White Sox wearing shorts! And seriously the pixie vest in baseball must die! Not a good look. [/shallow]

BWAH!! I wasn't paying much attention to the uniforms - I was more concerned about the game. But you're right - both teams did look kinda silly. I'm wondering how well the Rockies are gonna play today, after 13 innings last night. Whew! It was long to watch, so I can't imagine how much energy it took to play all of those innnings. They must be realllly tired today.

Style4_Top.jpg

only wider blonder stripes. And more rhinestones. I like rhinestones.

KAndre, I didn't know you'd been to my house, and that you took a pic of my daughter's hair! That's pretty much how her hair looks right now. She's 13, and needs a way to express her individuality, and I decided why not? Hair's a pretty harmless way to do that. It will grow. It's sure better than a big tattoo, being a floozy, drugs, or any number of other more harmful (and potentially permanent) things.

I thought the Fug site was funny. And even though it's not his best picture, I'm glad it's getting posted around. It shows that TMZ, the Fug site, and People still think he's a superstar, and worthy of mention. Almost every superstar out there has had bad pictures splashed all over the place. Clay will be no different.

http://www.theinsideronline.com/

Now here's a video I can get behind. He's so right. People really do miss the point.

ITA. After what I heard was put on PHs site today I would have him be treated like this by the Fug site any day.

(And no I will not repeat what was written.)

I guess I don't subscribe to the 'any publicity is good publicity' school of thought. I'd rather not see him on either site, if all they can do is mock him. If, even once in a while, they had something good to say, I might feel differently. Constant, one-sided mockery is not my idea of good publicity,

Oh goody, the let there be angst crowd is at it again. No, I haven't been to the ofc. Jeez, do these people even have a relaxing moment in there life when they are not stirred up by something, or stirring something up themselves?

Cindilu, thanks for posting that link. Who was it that set him up with The Insider again? jk....

If someone's story is chosen, others will tear it down because theirs wasn't picked. People will claim the story isn't true, or that whoever wrote it is a famewhore.

English lesson for today >>>>>> "famewhore" noun. 1. Someone who captures, or attempts to capture, Clay's attention - who is not a member of one's own home board. 2. Someone who has previously captured Clay's attention, and tries to do so again - who is not a member of one's own home board. Note - if someone has been declared a famewhore due to annoying behavior, such as jumping up and down and yelling MMMMEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! and obstructing others' view of Clay, and is then discovered to be a member of one's own home board, they are converted to "fun-lovin' fabulous Clay fan just havin' a blast" immediately.

Just so you know.

Hmmmm, when I was about 6 I was spending Christmas on a farm in Louisiana and had to go out after dark to use the outhouse on a cool clear Christmas Eve. By myself. Not happy. When I was done, I started back to the house, heard some noise, turned around - and saw Santa come walking out of the cornfield (sorta like that Kevin Costner movie). I screamed and ran the rest of the way to the house, and would not come out of the bedroom to see Santa.

I don't think that is what Clay is looking for, somehow.

Aarrgghh I cannot access either site. Thank god for Clack.

Now my dilemma do I go straight home so I can watch ET or go buy my MIL a birthday gift? Decision made...she can get her gift late*g*

Our guy still makes news! I guess his "15 minutes" are not up yet!

The ET Online clip is a bit different than the Insider clip posted earlier. They're both adorable, but I like the ET one better. He talks about wanting to take one of the kids he's met on his trips home with him....

Yeah, the pictures didn't do him justice yesterday. But having him talk about this stuff makes me love him all over again. And he's so right -- so much injustice in this world, and yet the focus on the celebrity world and who is being arrested and such. I love a man with his head on straight. (And not just that other head either!)

ETA:

Constant, one-sided mockery is not my idea of good publicity,

But is it truly "constant"? I don't see it that way. I think there's a lot of good out there along with the bad, and there's a choice to be made, whether to focus on the good or the bad. One way to "focus" on the bad is to laugh at it. And if there's some sense of humor about it, IMO so much the better.

Yay Clay-- He really did well. I hope everyone can get the videos to work. It's just so candid and natural.

Someone said there was a short clip on Inside Edition. I hope that means he'll be on the other Ent. shows. today. He seems to really love NYC. He looks so happy. When Clay seems happy, I'm happy. What a nice surprise. I love a sexy, smart man.

Hmmmm, when I was about 6 I was spending Christmas on a farm in Louisiana and had to go out after dark to use the outhouse on a cool clear Christmas Eve. By myself. Not happy. When I was done, I started back to the house, heard some noise, turned around - and saw Santa come walking out of the cornfield (sorta like that Kevin Costner movie). I screamed and ran the rest of the way to the house, and would not come out of the bedroom to see Santa.

I don't think that is what Clay is looking for, somehow.

Bwah! I think that IS funny, and I'd bet Clay would get a kick out of it. See, I think this is all he's looking for, great little anecdotes taking place around the holidays.

It's funny how much press his appearance at the Jenna Bush book signing has received. Just goes to show that he's still a very relevant celebrity.

The ET Online clip is a bit different than the Insider clip posted earlier. They're both adorable, but I like the ET one better. He talks about wanting to take one of the kids he's met on his trips home with him....

Yeah, the pictures didn't do him justice yesterday. But having him talk about this stuff makes me love him all over again. And he's so right -- so much injustice in this world, and yet the focus on the celebrity world and who is being arrested and such. I love a man with his head on straight. (And not just that other head either!)

Or what they're wearing, or how their hair looks.

I love to hear him talking about feeling more free, about hailing a cab in NYC and feeling 'powerful' (gah). I am sooooo heartened when he says things like that. It makes me believe that he can read all the bullshit and just smile knowingly. God, I love him. And I mean it.

It's funny how much press his appearance at the Jenna Bush book signing has received. Just goes to show that he's still a very relevant celebrity

Do you think he got more press than Jenna?

God, I love him. And I mean it.

Me too!

If someone's story is chosen, others will tear it down because theirs wasn't picked. People will claim the story isn't true, or that whoever wrote it is a famewhore.

English lesson for today >>>>>> "famewhore" noun. 1. Someone who captures, or attempts to capture, Clay's attention - who is not a member of one's own home board. 2. Someone who has previously captured Clay's attention, and tries to do so again - who is not a member of one's own home board. Note - if someone has been declared a famewhore due to annoying behavior, such as jumping up and down and yelling MMMMEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! and obstructing others' view of Clay, and is then discovered to be a member of one's own home board, they are converted to "fun-lovin' fabulous Clay fan just havin' a blast" immediately.

Just so you know.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. There are never any famewhores on one's home board. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Somebody translate the ET / Insider video for me: "I can walk around and grab a __________ and kinda hail a cab." Grab a what exactly?

I'm glad Clay can bring some attention to UNICEF, and sadly, I think Jenna's recent engagement and the possibility of a White House wedding are a bigger story than her book and the issues she wants to address.

EEEEEEEEEEE

Someone ripped it and I got to see the ET clip. OMG he looks so much better in the video! He has become so articulate about UNICEF! Not too many umms any more*g*

Clay Aiken...a smart, intelligent, kind, loving humanitarian and let's not forget one hawt sexay man!!!!

When I was a kid we didn't have too much money but I always had pillow case at the end of my bed filled with stuff from Santa. One year I was about 5, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw this monster at the bottom of my bed...no it was not Santa but a balloon that looked like a American Indian with a feather headress! In the dark I could not make out what it was but I remember being really scared and screaming at the top of my lungs. I hide under the covers and refused to come out until all the lights were on and I knew it was not a monster!

My parents were not too pleased with Santa that year!

I think I will submit my story, come to think of it! Not sentimental, it was just funny - Santa of the Corn!

Thanks!

It is amazing how much mileage Clay gets out of an appearance. I also think the Fug site is funny and not mean-spirited - like someone else said, I read stuff on the boards, written by fans, that is decidedly harsh and unfunny, and the Fug stuff is just humorous.