#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

281232284.jpg

Mine!! :flirtysmile3::biteme:

This is definitely a better picture than the others. They were not exactly flattering. I can't say it's one of my favourite pictures though cos it definitely isn't, and I still don't think I'm quite used to the new teeth. I'm glad to see him again though. I miss him so much already.

Here's some of my favourite pics of him.

122465021-O.jpg

virgincd-25.jpg

DonnaMom4.jpg

Couch Tomato wrote:

Well cool. Since I watched AI2 recently I knew the dialog was familiar. So in essences they didn't even have to shell out bucks for Clay. They could have just gone with what they had. But they chose to do this instead. Makes it even sweeter somehow. I do think Clay fits seemlessly

Agreed. I thought he did really really well. I'm enjoying seeing it all again very much. Clay's commentary is bound to change somewhat though when he comes into it I would've thought.

Um, Orlando TWYMMF. It's really that simple. :cryingwlaughter:
OK, missy. Is this a serious recommendation? Should I post it to FCA Media? :cryingwlaughter: But you gotta tell me who shot the video! You have 3 choices, I think - floridabelle, spotlightlover or canfly172.

*stares at list.... gives a quizzical look....quickly rummages around hard drive .... searches again... sighs and hangs head....* Uh, I think I just gave YSRN an excuse.

To end with a nice thought..... The best thing about falling asleep at the computer is that the first thing you see when you wake up is the screensaver, just inches from your face! *thanks, cindilu2!*

It was always interesting watching my girls interact with each other; sometimes they could be the bestest friends and other times fight like cats and dogs and yet no matter how much they picked on each other, when it came to outsiders, they were always ready to defend each other. This fandom is often like that...let a DJ; talk show host, etc. pick on Clay, make fun or call him names and we are ready to fight to the death, send e-mails, etc. and yet it is perfectly acceptable for the fans to pick on him, tear apart his hair, clothes, career choices and it is all couched under "sharing opinions" and "Clay wants to hear our criticisms". Has always seemed like a bit of double standard to me. I'm not saying he is perfect or that I haven't seen pictures that I didn't like or he hasn't done things that I questioned, but for me, it just isn't necessary to post about it publicly. I usually just pick up the phone and call my best Clay buddy and re-hash the latest drama.

Personally, I spent a lot of time in my middle school years, much like Clay, being picked on and bullied, so I have a pretty low tolerance for criticism and I probably do over-react to things that are said about him on the boards so I do tend to scroll a lot or just leave when I feel it is going beyond my comfort level.

Interpretation can be tricky, what same may consider snarky others may see as being snotty; what some may see a funny, others not so much...it is sometimes difficult and while emoticons may help; sometimes things just strike you the wrong way.

I myself have posted things which I thought were snarky or funny and have been called out as being sarcastic and I am always kind of surprised because that wasn't my intention. So, I tend to be much more conservative when I post.

Just my two cents worth and I am sure there will be many who will disagree with me...just thought it might be worth discussing.

Kim

WORD couchie...

lets take things in perspective. I know some people are gun shy about negative slanting posts because we do not want the negativity to dominate. Most of us are here because the negativity drove us away from other places. BUT I don't think having a criticism here and there is letting negativity take over. Having a positive outlook does not mean we have to close our eyes to things that we do not like or shutting our mouth when something bothers us. I do believe that at times...trying to keep all the negative thoughts inside just lets it build up and boil over. Controlling thoughts and posts is not the way to go IMO. Its putting the negative in perspective, expressing it then letting it go hopefully with some humor is the best way to release negative energy. By pointing out why a certain post is bothersome...it simply puts more attention to that post rather than letting the conversation to simply flow.

BTW...if something on the board is not working right for people...please PM me, couchie or ldyJ since we have access to the admin area. This is the fastest way of getting your problem resolved instead of simply posting it on the board. There are times that we miss those posts and because the admins and mods have different settings, we may not be experiencing the same things as the members.

So I guess its time to change our banner...we have several on queue that I hope you will all enjoy. If you have any comments or suggestions or submission for banners...just pm me.

New Banner is by laughn...I call this mellow blue...

*stares at list.... gives a quizzical look....quickly rummages around hard drive .... searches again... sighs and hangs head....* Uh, I think I just gave YSRN an excuse.

bwah... if Scarlett and her unrendered clack was ever kidnapped clacknapped, how much would clay nation fork over to save her. Remember that movie, Ruthless People, "I've been kidnapped by KMart!" Not our Scarlett heee.

bwah... if Scarlett and her unrendered clack was ever kidnapped clacknapped, how much would clay nation fork over to save her. Remember that movie, Ruthless People, "I've been kidnapped by KMart!" Not our Scarlett heee.

Uh scarlett..you didn't happen to go to gilford did you because my favorite IWTKWLI came from there and there is no good clack of it so couldn't really recommend it...although I advise everyone to check it out. But Scarlett, check your stash heee.

I didn't get into the discussion last night because I TRY to hold to much the same philosophy as luckiest...if you can't say it to their face, it doesn't belong on here. Besides the fact, of course, that I think his smile lights up the room and that's pretty much all I can see when he's smiling. :lol:

Goodness knows, I'm glad as hell that there's noone with a camera around when I go out, many days!

And yes, I think he "styles" himself for most of these appearances.

I'm just delighted to see him, and see him looking well and rested.

Having said that, I'm gonna be as shallow as it gets after that LA signing pic, and just say that I loooooooooooove!!!1!11! his eyelashes dyed. It looks mahvellous on him, dahling! :hubbahubba:

ETA: Kim, I think that's a very good explanation of the way it works for me. Well said.

Hee, Scarlett, yours is the first folder I checked!

But where did it go? To some snark for not even half a page and then on to the pretty. JMH brought out her whip and made everybody laugh. I saw a great post by Play regarding Clay being a guy. Another one by Scarlett about on stage vs these silly ..look Clay over here shots. Bottle bought the funny and then Stargazer dropped the pretty. Keepingfaith dropped some HTE lyrics on this dummy.Where it went is where most things go here - on to the next subject PDQ. Scrolling is fine. Scrolling can be good. Going to read a book is great too.

I agree, it went better than I was anticipating (which is why I came back this morning and quoted a bunch of great stuff that I liked).

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I didn't get into the discussion last night because I TRY to hold to much the same philosophy as luckiest...if you can't say it to their face, it doesn't belong on here. Besides the fact, of course, that I think his smile lights up the room and that's pretty much all I can see when he's smiling. :lol:

Well, if Clay and I were discussing the pictures, I would have said to his face "not your best day". Other than that, eh.

Well, after spending 15 minutes typing this using the laptop ehlper keyboard, I can see I will be buying a new keyboard soon. Who knew people would move the non-letter keys around so much. And NO CAPS LIGHT! Half the time I end up typing in caps and don't know it until I look at the screen. Ah well.

Shoot me. I bought kitchen cabinets and am waiting for the delivery - just reviewed gthe bill and found 3 are the wrong size, I have to refuse the shipment. I knw I had a list in my hand, they guy copied them down and they were right, but on the bill, they are wrong. ACK! must have been a typing error.

Biggio did it at this last Astros game and the news media were amazed he would do that for his fans.

Yup. Its nice to see professional athletes who aren't total jerks!

Being the sports fan that I am..I'd say it's more the rule than the exception, But the media doesn't care about the good guys

AMEN! :preachit:

I've said it over and over and over my sports fandom prepared me for my Clay fandom in many ways and this was one of them. It's what the media chooses to focus on. There are good guys all over the sports world. You just hear the most about the rotten ones.

I know the when the Cornhusker baseball team first got to the College World Series they did several laps around the stadium touching hands. The Twins always do it too. Heck last season they had to wait out another game to see if they won the division and the whole crowd stayed around to watch it on the big screens. Did the players hang out and watch it in the clubhouse? Heck no. They were out in the dugout and the bullpens and in front leading the cheers. Then the team and the fans celebrated together. If your so inclined there's a short youtube up that captures it.

So did THAT make Sports Center? Nooo.

Congrats to the Philly Fans. I remember how it feels!

See above. Just last year. Anyway....pitchers and catchers report in 4 short months!

Hey, how about them Colorado Rockies!! They played the Padres, and were tied through a lot of the game, and finally won at the bottom of the 13th inning. It was the longest one-game tiebreaker in major league history.

I feel asleep watching that game. Hee. It just went on and on and on. But I gotta know. I gotta ask. [shallow]Who dressed those guys? Who decided that the yellow on yellow was a good look for grown men? And who chose the pixie vests for the most important game of the season? I couldn't decide which team looked sillier. No that's a lie. Padres. Hands down one of the worst baseball looks evah! Right up there with the disaster that was the Chicago White Sox wearing shorts! And seriously the pixie vest in baseball must die! Not a good look. [/shallow]

----

Oh yeah ... Clay! :flirtysmile3:

I thought he looked appropriate (dress & hairwise) for the occasion. The angle (poor) & lighting (worse) played a big part in the way those pictures came out. Reminded me of the Wicked Premier pictures a couple of years ago. Lots of the same reactions to them. I checked out some of the other pictures in that first set and there is one of Barbara & Laura Bush that makes them both look like androids. But I thought it was a great event for Clay to be at. Children's book? UNICEF? That's my guy! :wub:

Did anyone ever see the epi of America's Next Top Model where they surprised the girls going into a hotel? They had just gotten off a plane and were all casually dressed and out popped the photographers. They then used those photos for the challenge. Instead of showing their best...they showed their worst. And their were some bad ones. It illustrated how things like angle and lighting can really affect how someone looks in a photograph.

---

edited to add the right youtube...duh...

Sorry, couchie, I didn't go to Gilford. But Clack partner-in-crime LonelyNoMore was there & she's awesome (why-oh-why-didn't I find a way to give her my camera)!!! I have her (unrendered) Clack from Philly, Syracuse and parts of Orlando -- working hard on those.

And thanks for your reminder/post!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And ITA with playbiller about the non-Hollywood look! I think it's great that he doesn't see the need to look like a walking magazine cover every single time and I applaud his gumption (and courage?) to do so -- can we not imagine every female in his harem staring at him as we walked out, exclaiming (or groaning or chortling), "You're going to Jenna's party looking like THAT?!!!"

*oooh, being at the top of the page feels like that split-second in a rollercoaster where it pauses right before plunging down the track*

Sorry, couchie, I didn't go to Gilford. But Clack partner-in-crime LonelyNoMore was there & she's awesome (why-oh-why-didn't I find a way to give her my camera)!!! I have her (unrendered) Clack from Philly, Syracuse and parts of Orlando -- working hard on those.

and I'm so glad she was there Scarlett because I do have a copy and I just love it. I can't turn it up too loud but hey..I don't blast clay in my ears anyway! Your sound is awesome.

Well, if Clay and I were discussing the pictures, I would have said to his face "not your best day". Other than that, eh.

Very good point...once again an illustration of how different we all are. Seriously...if I was Clay's friend and I saw that picture..I probably would call him up and say...What happened to you in that picture??? and have a good laugh with him about it. BUT... What I probably would have a difficult time saying to him in person is ...I wanna do Clay...I have a hard time saying that on the boards since I am not a smutter, but lots of people are pretty comfortable with that so I learned to have fun with it. So really different strokes for different folks. The trick is learning to accept and even embrace those differences. When I saw that picture...I pretty much knew how a few people will react (eg. I knew ldyJ would like it since he had such a huge smile) and I was right and I love you all for that. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

*oooh, being at the top of the page feels like that split-second in a rollercoaster where it pauses right before plunging down the track*

great way to put a positive spin...I think I will start to go WHEEEEE every time I get to the top of the page....

Oh I am going to work on my final Ultimate DCAT list. Thanks so much to all that participated in the recommendations. Its so much easier to listen to 3 or 4 selections than 30...There are some really fine clack out there.

I would really be curious to see people's final list. I know we will all be different...so I find that very interesting.

The only thing I would add to the comments by couchie and ansa is that we know there is history on the boards and people have been burnt - but I think it would help if people gave this board (and the mods) the benefit of the doubt. Hell, half the time we don't know what direction the convo will head - but I think I can say we don't let it get terribly bad. I know there are various levels of of what people find acceptable (I think my family would drive many of you to murder - Lord knows I expect my sisters to tell me I look like the Wicked Witch of the West before I wander out in the world - mostly because I know ultimately they either love me or don't want to be embarrassed by me or are just bitches) - but I think in general, we are a cheerful board. But that cheerfulness is a general characteristic - looking closer it's made up of cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....and it's stretching a bit to accommodate a lot of different people. But ya know, somebody said you need a little rain to appreciate the sunshine. Or to make the flowers bloom. Or to wash away the dirt. Hell, it's this kind of stuff that makes me avoid literature...but we need variety to keep us us.

I said all of that to say this: We expect you to speak your mind, both about Clay and the board, but would like y'all to post in a way to avoid defensiveness on all parts - yours and anyone else's - it makes real communication difficult. It makes posters wary, and we really would like to avoid the wariness that leads to a lot of bad feelings.

I'll admit, I've never been a fan of not saying what I don't like. About anyone or anything. That way, I don't do things like eat squash or beets or cabbage or innards in order to be polite. On the other hand, there's no point in beating what I don't like into the ground either. Like Here, There and Everywhere (which I dislike by Clay and the lighting of horror, the Beatles, and whoever else sang the thing) A happy medium. That's what I like. And Hot, Long-haired Belting Clay in the black Edwardian long jacket, fitted leather pants, clean-shaven, no glasses, full or three quarters profile, playing with a microphone. See, I'm easy.

Just curious. How would y'all like it if Clay posted some of the M&G photos (after all, you posed for it. Asked for it, really, posing with a public figure and all.) and commented on some of the lovely hairstyles and fashion choices? I bet he would have some serious, hilarious snark. I bet that would be a lot of fun.

Please - start with mine. (Sorry, Nick cut off our bodies, so you'll just have to start with the hair).

ofc1.jpg

(eta: KAndre - now that's funny. I ain't tellin where his hands are though)

(eata: Should I post the hi-res version so that you can see the freckles more clearly (his and mine)? And the wrinkles. You forgot the wrinkles.)

(feata: KAndre!! Get out of my photobucket!!! *gasp*)

Doll, you do realize I've even posted a picture of me in my polyester glory of a prom dress on the 'net? I have no shame.

But I'll take you on! I have learned nothing at all LOTS from the other opinionated bitches helpful stylists on the various boards!

Tsk, tsk. You should be ashamed of yourself. You have clearly been out in the sun, making Clay look all pasty. And you are clearly much shorter than Clay - you should be willing to make the sacrifice of wearing the good hooker lady of the evening shoes. Borrow some from Scarlett. You could have borrowed them from me but Solo made me put the last pair back. And since you are clearly naked in the picture (at least I don't see any clothes, next time wear some. Yeah, blame Nick. Nice try.). Just because Clay is clearly happy with a naked cindilu2, you do nothing but fill the rest of us with envy. We don't get naked M&Gs with Clay (though next time you should be more specific which one of you should be naked. Just sayin'.)

Oh shit heavens, I forgot about the hair! Well...you have some. I think those are bangs...wait...FRINGY bangs! I think fringy is good in the fandom this quarter. I think the fringes should be pointing the other way for some reason, especially if you are DTTL. But since you are a girl, I don't think you DTTL. So the fringes are OK. The hair is too close to Always and Forever Clay, so you need to go to that....wait a minute, I'm looking it up. Nice 'n Easy #110 Natural Light Auburn. And some blonde stripes I saw on some girl in the mall. She looked very tigerish. Like this:

Style4_Top.jpg

only wider blonder stripes. And more rhinestones. I like rhinestones.

I can see clearly that you did not show your teeth while smiling. It is obvious that you have better and whiter teeth than Clay and did not want to show off!

And....didn't you learn anything from Kandre....where's the bling girl?

Clay is a public figure and is the topic of this board ...so we discuss him...the good the bad.

Although we let the talk on the board go on...this is not really the topic. It is a bigger buzzkill IMO. I get your point cindilu2...but we are not going to start making policies that will disallow criticisms of Clay...this is not that kind of board. We are all adults that should be able to handle differences of opinion without turning on each other and making it personal.

putting that aside...you are looking totally cute...and you are lucky to have Clay so close to you.

OK, this is my issue, I really feel the need to do this - please be careful posting your picture - this is the internet and you never know who will take your picture and post it somewhere where you don't qwant it to be! I am v ery leery about posting baby pictures as well. please think twice.

Yes, I do think some pewople should look in the mirror before they lay into Clay, but I am not the keeper of everyone. I am not the ruler ofthe boards. Like, Ansa, I can't say I want to do Clay because the thought of it skeeves me out - not into Maud and ???? type of films. (although the age gap is not nearly so large, hehe.)

Why am I on -line when I have work to do - waiting for the second truck, apparently lumber stuff comes on a separate truck. Sheesh, when, when????

I don't even want to get into guwessing how long the mice ran through my house as the droppings keep showing up with every wall I break donw - Ick, ick. ick. - Well, my house will be sterile after all the bleach I am using everywhere and they never got behind the plaster, just where I am tearing things down and moving cabinets in this one room. Things taht should make me so happy to be the 5th owner of a manic unadoptable 6 year old "vicious" dog that likes to hunt and kill mice quickly and quietly and lay them out neatly in parallel lines, rather than eat parts of them. (I think she snaps their necks) I don't even what to think of how bad it could have been if she did not catch them right away when we got home (we were away for a trip when the mice came in).

Play, are you Ms Home improvment or the money pit. I'm skeeeeeeeeeeeeeered for you hee.

KAndre, thanks for your post. I think it's perfect. I advise everyone to give it one more read through. I especially love this:

(I think my family would drive many of you to murder - Lord knows I expect my sisters to tell me I look like the Wicked Witch of the West before I wander out in the world - mostly because I know ultimately they either love me or don't want to be embarrassed by me or are just bitches)

can I come to your next family reunion? and bring popcorn.

Play, I get ya about posting pictures...but I live by the standard anything I put on the 'net I expect to be seen. Unless someone is making money off my image. People may attempt to annoy me by putting my pictures various places I don't go - but then again, I don't go there. In a way, they can't be worse than some of the pictures my people has exposed to innocent bystanders over the years.

Hell, all of y'all can come to the next family reunion!

Just curious. How would y'all like it if Clay posted some of the M&G photos (after all, you posed for it. Asked for it, really, posing with a public figure and all.) and commented on some of the lovely hairstyles and fashion choices? I bet he would have some serious, hilarious snark. I bet that would be a lot of fun.

Heh, it sure would.

But seriously, I'd wear my mother's curlers and my grandmother's housecoat and post that sucker all over the internet if it would guarantee me a M&G with Clay. But I can't get one because I'm Canadian I don't live in the same state I'm not as lucky as my name sounds! Maybe it's time to go back to lickiest1!......but then I couldn't get one cuz I'd be on Jerome's list. *sigh*

I sure hope the OFC updates soon, with a full tour schedule and some M&G buttons.

The close up lipbite pic made the front page of TMZ!

http://www.tmz.com/ (if you dare*g*)

Hmm where is my pic of Kandre eating a White Castle hamburger! Now that 's a pic for the ages!

lucky...it is just a celebrity rag. It seems our guy just generates interest. I was looking at an article about Britney and there he was! Yes I do go to some of those sites and I am not going to apologize for it!

TMZ is a gossip/paparrazi site - tends to the negative. They self-describe as "A telepictures production and America Online joint venture that provides an inside look at the latest celebrity scandals".