#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

Clay rolled it out. I was impressed.

Perfect. B)

merrieeeee! Don't GO to OFC to see any of that crappola! How many times do I have to TELL you! :naughtywag:

My Christmas concert stories are rather ho-hum. Took my mom to the first one. Took me to the second one. Took my daughter to Long Island last year and introduced her to the eHP before the show.

:RedGuy:

Hey, wait a minute! Maybe there's a story in there somewhere! :whistling-1:

Hey when they let us out of jail Houston we behave!

::merrieeee looks out of the window to see the porkers flying by::

What no mention of AI runner-up in the People picture! Somats wrong!

Heee...growing up we had all kinds of traditions that I later found out was a hodgepodge of rituals from Filipino, Spanish, some Chinese superstitions and even Dutch culture...I think that's where my dad got having our shoes beside the tree for Santa to put the presents. Basically Christmas day is one long open house...the time for all kinds of extended family to come by and eat and get gifts. Oh yeah and that often maligned Fruitcake plays a prominent part in my Cristmas memories..since I was in high school...my family has been baking hundreds of cakes a way to earn extra money for Christmas...so for me Christmas season means having the smell of Fruitcake baking all around the house. Of course now with my own family...its Christmas cookies and all kinds of squares...YUMMMM.

Clay's picture from last night on People.com's Star Tracks.

The caption:

Singer – and UNICEF ambassador – Clay Aiken stops for pictures at the launch of First Daughter Jenna Bush's new book, Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope, at the New York UNICEF House on Monday.

:3:

Although I am not into perving or adult material, I have purchased Playgirl Magazine in the past due to great interviews of music legends such as Jagger.

I didn't know they had interviews. Makes sense, as Playboy does. Wonder if the interviews are available through Lexis-Nexis. Just made my third trip to campus for another step in the process of getting signed up for access to electronic databases. One more visit will hopefully do the trick. (Turned out something wasn't activated that should've been.) Gotta love bureaucracy!

ETA: Dunno how that happened as I know who I was quoting--fixed now. Thanks!

Although I am not into perving or adult material, I have purchased Playgirl Magazine in the past due to great interviews of music legends such as Jagger.

I didn't know they had interviews. Makes sense, as Playboy does. Wonder if the interviews are available through Lexis-Nexis. Just made my third trip to campus for another step in the process of getting signed up for access to electronic databases. One more visit will hopefully do the trick. (Turned out something wasn't activated that should've been.) Gotta love bureaucracy!

I'm sure lickiest1 luckiest1 would LOVE to claim that quote, but her kids may embarrass her. It's actually lightmyfire that said the original quote. As far as Playgirl itself....hmmm....everytime I've purchased it, it's NOT been for the articles. I don't even remember seeing actual words in my copies.

jmh, good luck with your access to electronic databases. If you need any article NOW, let me know, I've got quite a few databases at my disposal!

Oh, and I'm askeered of you and a whip....

Just reread the blog again, and I double-checked -- the only time "Christmas" is mentioned is when he's talking in context of things that's happened to him, or in regards to the tour. The rest of the time, it specifically mentions "holiday memories." Nowhere does he say WHICH holiday. Of course, that begs the question -- who would like to write a Valentine's Day story and submit it? Maybe that could be KAndre's bearskin rug story.

I'm an auxiliary member of the eHP, so if merrieee cannot perform her duties as assigned, I'll read someone else's story as well!

Gee, do you think my sob story of missing one of his concert last year due to a major snowstorm counts as "heartwarming?"

Yes, I didn't watch the whole thing again - that would be cruel & unusual -- but most of the clips I listened to were the same. For example with the two girls with the same boyfriend, the original voice-over is, "Coming up the fur continues to fly with a good old-fashioned catfight." Same as Clay. and "So Kristen has the boyfriend, but does she have the talent?" Again it's the same.

Thanks! I just realized I called you gran... whoops! :)

See? I was waiting for Scarlett. I KNEW there was more. *waits ever so patiently* Take your time! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ansa, couchie, KAndre... thanks.

Heee...growing up we had all kinds of traditions that I later found out was a hodgepodge of rituals from Filipino, Spanish, some Chinese superstitions and even Dutch culture...I think that's where my dad got having our shoes beside the tree for Santa to put the presents. Basically Christmas day is one long open house...the time for all kinds of extended family to come by and eat and get gifts. Oh yeah and that often maligned Fruitcake plays a prominent part in my Cristmas memories..since I was in high school...my family has been baking hundreds of cakes a way to earn extra money for Christmas...so for me Christmas season means having the smell of Fruitcake baking all around the house. Of course now with my own family...its Christmas cookies and all kinds of squares...YUMMMM.

ah Ansa, that sounds so sweet. What were some of the Chinese superstitions. Oh god, surely you have a good fruit cake story to submit. I can imagine merrieeee telling a story of when she was just a filipino child heh. Are there certain Filipinio traditions I should know about because lord knows my neice and nephew will have to learn it from me cuz their dad is just clueless too American.

I'd be willing to bet that when the ohfishul contest gets posted, it will include any seasonal holiday story (Kwaanza, Hannukah, etc.) I suspect too, that the stories will lead into songs. I'm picturing a fireside chat at the moment, LOLOL! Maybe he'll haul out the beanbags again. :imgtongue:

I'm sure lickiest1 luckiest1 would LOVE to claim that quote, but her kids may embarrass her. It's actually lightmyfire that said the original quote. As far as Playgirl itself....hmmm....everytime I've purchased it, it's NOT been for the articles. I don't even remember seeing actual words in my copies.

So I may own a copy of Swank, but I swear I bought it for the John Lennon interview! Or was it pictures, I don't remember.

Ooooh, cindilu2, a fireside chat in the bean bag chairs? Shit, maybe I better re-evaluate that stage fright thingy.....

Short list of Christmas stories I could submit....the time my brother told my 90 y.o. grandmother (and the rest of us) to fuck off, then wandered off into the snowstorm and never came back....nah, nothing sweet about that.

And ITA, merrieeee. Same shit, different day.

But did he ever come home again? Takes a lot to tell a 90 yr old to fuck off! I agree, same shit, different day.

Ansa, your multi cultural families Christmas traditions would me back in the mood to celebrate the day. I love fruitcake, probably one of the few on the face of this earth (the round one) that loves that stuff. :lilredani:

Does anyone agree that the girl in the photo with Clay, way back in the old thread, looks like sweater girl? The debate was whether she was the girl from AI rewind, the ex-girlfriend saga. I think she looks just like Sweater Girl...

I just love the top!

Gotta go. Mom's got a plumbing emergency. I called a plumber who's coming this afternoon. She says no water still flooding in the meantime. Hope she's right. Gotta go meet the plumber and calm her down. Later.

I'd be willing to bet that when the ohfishul contest gets posted, it will include any seasonal holiday story (Kwaanza, Hannukah, etc.) I suspect too, that the stories will lead into songs. I'm picturing a fireside chat at the moment, LOLOL! Maybe he'll haul out the beanbags again. :imgtongue:

bwah..but no doubt. People should just send in their holiday memories. It's all about family anyway and that's what he's going for. If you grab him, he'll pick it. hmmmm. :whistling-1:

How is scarlett supposed to render clack if she's rating ATD. heee. Give it to Lucky..she can do it in an hour. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Just teasing. Thanks Scarlett. I really think that once he put ATD back into the show it was so energized. He always amazes me.

Short list of Christmas stories I could submit....the time my brother told my 90 y.o. grandmother (and the rest of us) to fuck off, then wandered off into the snowstorm and never came back....nah, nothing sweet about that.

And ITA, merrieeee. Same shit, different day.

But did he ever come home again? Takes a lot to tell a 90 yr old to fuck off! I agree, same shit, different day.

Unfortunately, yeah he did. Until the next time he told us all to fuck off, at a Mother's Day lunch. Good thing he eventually moved to Taiwan. Makes the holidays sooooo much easier to bear. *g*

How is scarlett supposed to render clack if she's rating ATD. heee. Give it to Lucky..she can do it in an hour.

HA HA! You wish.

OK I would have been able to edit that in a lot faster if the board didn't keep logging me out......

Do you know what I like best about this contest? It will allow people a chance who have never had a chance to have some Clay time. To me this is like the NANA contest (smooches to my friend that won that) where unexpected people, new people will get a chance to have a special moment. Everybody gets an equal chance. I like watching his mind work and I like him just being him. But it sounds like all of 10 minutes of a concert, maybe 15. Hell I can't even imagine it not working because, well, it's Clay. But it sounds like he's doing some cooking up something a little different for this tour. He can't grow, with his art, or his imagination, if he isn't allowed the opportunity to try new things -- or even to lay an egg now and then. Go Clay!! :13:

Normally I don't post comments on his blog but I felt I had to to show support. Whatever happened to all the cliches about unconditional, let Clay.... etc? I guess they only count when it is right for them.

I think this is really funny!

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yo...rity-terro.html

Celebrity Terror Trump Watch: Clay Aiken I was thinking to myself yesterday, "you know, I haven't seen Clay Aiken for a while. I wonder what he's up to?"

Yes, friends, he was locked up in his basement with The Trumpinator2000, an elaborate machine similar to a Bowflex, which -- in only 20 minutes a day, three days a week -- will eventually transform your face, hair and brows from whatever they used to be into something more closely resembling The Donald. Women (especially those with bad eyesight) will flock to you! Your friends will claim to be "amazed" and "stunned"! Your mother will cry! Probably with joy, because who doesn't dream of her baby turning himself into a wee Trumplette, right? A steal for even the regular Joe at just six payments of $79.99, The Trumpinator2000 is thrilled to have superstar Clay Aiken as its first celebrity spokesperson!