#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

I just watched Inside Edition on an Atlanta station, and Clay is shown giving a little wave ........ and looking very happy and hawt !!

They first have a good segment on Jenna, the book, show clips of the little girl, Ana, the subject of the book. Then the voiceover is that there was a launch party where Clay Aiken was seen hanging out with the three Bush women. Just a great mention for him. It was shown in the first 6 minutes.

Loved Clay on ET...he really is adorable and I didn't get the Donald Trump comparisons either.

Amazing how one little appearance is getting him so much publicity...UNICEF or a new PR person?

Kim

Aikim... I think the Trumpness was his round face and blond eyebrows in that picture. Nothing else fit to me. He sure doen't have the combover, so that doesn't leave much else than their imagination... :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, I'm a little astounded that posters are making assumptions about the set list for the Christmas concerts like they know what's on it already. Is that in one of those sooper sekret pm's that make the rounds? Crap, I'm out of the loop yet again!! :imgtongue:

Seriously, this is the first Clay Christmas concert that I get to see in person, and I better get to hear MDYK and AIW live!! :xmas07a: CITH me, bay-bee!

Since he said Holiday stories and not specifically Christmas do you think he would mind a Thanksgiving story? I have a dandy concerning a pan of stuffing that ended up on my Grandma's dining room floor and still made it to dinner (albiet with a few...um...added ingredients...interesting that the grown-ups never noticed the dog hairs and lint mixed in with the celery and onions! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

I think I have 10 pages to catch up on, if I include the last two from the previous thread, so I'm gonna reply every four pages...

I wondered why I was the only one online in the old thread...it took me a half-hour to figure it out!

WestPointlean-1.jpg

Thank you, bottle. That's one gorgeous hunka man in that picture.

281232284.jpg

He looks like a white, southern baptist, accountant from Cleveland on his way to a PTA meeting.

But where did it go? To some snark for not even half a page and then on to the pretty. JMH brought out her whip and made everybody laugh. I saw a great post by Play regarding Clay being a guy. Another one by Scarlett about on stage vs these silly ..look Clay over here shots. Bottle bought the funny and then Stargazer dropped the pretty. Keepingfaith dropped some HTE lyrics on this dummy.Where it went is where most things go here - on to the next subject PDQ. Scrolling is fine. Scrolling can be good. Going to read a book is great too. I don't know what good annoucing your scroll does though. And if it ever got to the point where you scroll more than read or just scroll every day on a regular basis - and that has happened to me - then I can see some atmosphere that needs fixing. And if you're only angry and upet by posts once a week, let alone once a month, on a board that has a thousand personalities -- uh that's a good thing.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Thank you, Couchie. When I started reading to catch up pages and pages ago, I was just about to post a reply but held back. Why? Because on so many boards it's just not good to post a thought that's not in keeping with the 'cool kids', and I could see the opinions wavering back and forth. I was waiting to see where it was going to land before I posted. But you know what? So far, on this board I can't tell who the 'cool kids' are. There's no clearly delineated cool kids lunch table to sit at. I love the varied opinions and don't usually get my nose out of joint unless someone tries to force me to change my opinion to match their own.

I used to have a sign in my library that read: "Attention! If you do not find something in this library that offends you, please contact the librarian immediately." The point being that in a good library with a diverse collection that aims to take the viewpoints and interests of the public into account, there are going to be books representing opinions of all peoples. So creationism and evolution would be represented, Christianity and Judaism, and so forth and so on. In a roundabout way, what I'm trying to say is that this board is kind of like the public library. Opposing viewpoints can be represented without having a book burning.

I don't think having a criticism here and there is letting negativity take over. Having a positive outlook does not mean we have to close our eyes to things that we do not like or shutting our mouth when something bothers us. I do believe that at times...trying to keep all the negative thoughts inside just lets it build up and boil over. Controlling thoughts and posts is not the way to go IMO. Its putting the negative in perspective, expressing it then letting it go hopefully with some humor is the best way to release negative energy. By pointing out why a certain post is bothersome...it simply puts more attention to that post rather than letting the conversation to simply flow.

WORD Ansa. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh yeah ... Clay! :flirtysmile3:

I thought he looked appropriate (dress & hairwise) for the occasion. The angle (poor) & lighting (worse) played a big part in the way those pictures came out. ........................ It illustrated how things like angle and lighting can really affect how someone looks in a photograph.

You are soooo right! :clap: As soon as I saw the AP pictures I thought man, that angle sucks! This is what I think happened in the sNOflake pictures, too. The positive in this for me is that I no longer think the sNOflake picture is the worst picture ever taken of Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

but I think in general, we are a cheerful board. But that cheerfulness is a general characteristic - looking closer it's made up of cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....and it's stretching a bit to accommodate a lot of different people. But ya know, somebody said you need a little rain to appreciate the sunshine.

Oh, I love this! Can it be considered as a thread title? I know it's kind of long, but it does capture the essence of FCA, don't you think?

Okay.....I'm ready for the next four pages.....

ETA: oh shit! Y'all went from 8 pages to 11 in the time it took me to write this post. :(

I took a walk with my iPod (hee, don't I always?) and You Were There came on. I have no idea whose clack it is but it is from my "Best of NaT" folder, and WOW, was it clear and awesome. Sounded like it could have been studio recorded.

Ooooooh, I think that song was MADE for his voice. I enjoyed the way he sang it so much. I'd love to know which concert it was from, and which clack goddess recorded it.

I know some people have the impression that I think the sun shines out of Clay's butt,

I think this is the best quote of the day. :cryingwlaughter::clap::cryingwlaughter:

Of course Clay is human, won't always look his best, and will make mistakes. But overall, I think he does pretty damn well. A whole lot better than I'd do in his shoes!

cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....

Oh, I love this! Can it be considered as a thread title?

Hell yeah! Great idea. Off to nominate!

He looks like a white, southern baptist, accountant from Cleveland on his way to a PTA meeting.

In his minivan...

I took a walk with my iPod (hee, don't I always?) and You Were There came on. I have no idea whose clack it is but it is from my "Best of NaT" folder, and WOW, was it clear and awesome. Sounded like it could have been studio recorded.

Ooooooh, I think that song was MADE for his voice. I enjoyed the way he sang it so much. I'd love to know which concert it was from, and which clack goddess recorded it.

OK, I looked it up. It is 090704_Houston_YWT_mime_fan.mp3. Just gorgeous.

Oh God. A contest I can enter, but one I don't want to win. Shit. I have terrible stage fright. I couldn't go up on stage and talk if my life depended on it.

Still, this sounds like fun. Can't wait to read what you peeps come up with.

One word. Xanax. I seriously passed out giving a speech once. It was the spring after my dad passed away and the school he taught at wanted a member of the family at the graduation to present a scholarship in his name. No one in the family would do it and I felt that dad deserved it, so I did it. Passed out cold. Yeah, great way to honor dear old dad, huh? But in my job now I'm required to talk a lot in front of groups so my doctor gave me a prescription. Give me a Xanax and some index cards and I turn into a freakin' Dale Carnegie! :cryingwlaughter:

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness

Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost"

:clap: That's fantastic! I'm going to have to print that out and put it up on the wall at work.

I was just over at the OFC reading a thread about the blog and well.......some people are sooo predictable.

Not just there, either.

Whatevah. I'm sure at this point Clay knows what to expect from his devoted fandom.

This is so disappointing that people are getting their panties in a twist already. Ii think it's a fantastic idea! I have a Christmas story I'm debating on sharing, but it's kind of sappy. No way I could read it on stage because I'd make myself cry.

I suspect too, that the stories will lead into songs.

Ooooo...I hadn't thought of that, but wouldn't that be cool? He could read a story and segue into a song that expresses a similar sentiment or situation. I can see that working.

But I can already see the potential for rabid jealousy. If someone's story is chosen, others will tear it down because theirs wasn't picked. People will claim the story isn't true, or that whoever wrote it is a famewhore. They'll nitpick the writing, or denounce the delivery.

I think I've just changed my mind about submitting a story of my own. :ninja:

I think that all Clay is asking is for people to share their holiday memories. IMHO, that's not a bad thing, and it's done on boards all the time without bitterness or accusation. However, I fear that the prize (Clay's attention) may bring out the worst in people.

In other words, just another day in Clayland?

Hey, ]Muski do you think you can come up with some Christmas Clorn? Something to do with big packages and where to put the bow? Or falling on your knees?

So far, on this board I can't tell who the 'cool kids' are.

:blink::huh:

Obviously, I've been waaaay too humble around here, for "kewl" is my middle name, donchaknow.... B)

Oh, and Christmas clorn, you ask? Why I do believe I have a Thankgiving quickie and a longer New Year's Eve ditty....somewhere in my files... :whistling-1:

Dang! Eleven pages!! You'd think something happened today... :cryingwlaughter: Lots of good reading to catch up on...

As far as Playgirl itself....hmmm....everytime I've purchased it, it's NOT been for the articles. I don't even remember seeing actual words in my copies.

Hee. Me either. Do they still sell that? :27:

I was going to post JennaZ's whole quote but I'll just WORD her... smart woman! I figure someone will know which one I mean...

Oh goody, the let there be angst crowd is at it again. No, I haven't been to the ofc. Jeez, do these people even have a relaxing moment in there life when they are not stirred up by something, or stirring something up themselves?

I read one other board - quickly - saw all the negativity - and it made me remember a friend I used to have - key is the "used to have" - who lived for negativity... honest to God, everything, and I mean everything, got a negative spin. She wore me out on a regular basis... and that drags you down too... I had to get rid of her before I turned into her (not that kind of get of rid of her - she lives on to make other lives miserable, just not mine)... I just think that is how some people are... they are down right negative all.the.time... whatever.

I don't consider myself a Pollyanna when it comes to Clay but I try to find the positives as much as I can... do I think he can take a nasty picture (or two), sure... do I like his mandals, hell no... do I always understand him and like what he may do/say, no... but I try to let that stuff run off and look for the good stuff... for me, there's lots more good than bad... I find more joy in that...

Glad to see that he was out and about last night - and from the ET and Insider clips, it sounds like he likes him some NYC... went there for the first time early this summer and I'm in love with it too... and from a discussion the other day (I think it was here - damn CRAFT), I saw Fantasia in The Color Purple and she rocked! I'm no Fantasia fan - in fact, we joked about scalping our tickets (we had bought our tickets before the announcement that she was going to be in it)... we were sooooooooooooo glad we didn't... it was really good and I highly recommend it (ok, I know most of you don't know me so not sure how much that recommendation counts... but really and truly - I was not a fan and I saw the light... ).

I have no interesting holiday stories... other than dropping the cheesy potatoes on the floor last year and breaking my Longaberger baking dish (which caused me to say FUCK really loud on Christmas day!), I obviously lead the most boring life... so I'm no competition for anyone... but I'm loving the stories that you all have! And I have faith that Clay can make the stories work and if not, it's a small part of the whole enchilada... see how I brought this whole post back to food? :lol:

I just quoted these so I could easily find the links when I have time to go back and watch. I'm supposed to be packing for a business trip tomorrow. So far, the suitcase is still in the basement.

Oh, and Christmas clorn, you ask? Why I do believe I have a Thankgiving quickie and a longer New Year's Eve ditty....somewhere in my files... :whistling-1:

Thanksgiving???? New Year's??? WTF?? Don't you know that the biggest packages come on Christmas? :XmasRed:

Does anyone agree that the girl in the photo with Clay, way back in the old thread, looks like sweater girl? The debate was whether she was the girl from AI rewind, the ex-girlfriend saga. I think she looks just like Sweater Girl...

I thought "we" had determined quite a while back that it IS definitely sweater girl; his NY publicist apparently? But I still think that it looks like the AI girl :lol:

(And no I will not repeat what was written.)

Thank YOU!!

You kow what? I bet he helps sell some of Jenna's books, too.

He sold one to me. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Ii think it's a fantastic idea! I have a Christmas story I'm debating on sharing, but it's kind of sappy. No way I could read it on stage because I'd make myself cry.

Ooooo...I hadn't thought of that, but wouldn't that be cool? He could read a story and segue into a song that expresses a similar sentiment or situation. I can see that working.

Oooh, please do! I love the sap, and what's a Christmas concert without crying?? :wub:

I hope you'll forgive me for being a little late to this subject....hey, a girl's gotta work! But I see an opportunity (maybe) to ask a question I've wondered about the answer to for a long time. Maybe someone here will give me an honest answer.

(and no, the answer isn't 8.5 inches)

So, here goes:

For those of you that would go right up to somone dolled up for an important event and tell them that, in your opinion, they look like hell....can you tell me what is the "win" in this? What is the "win" for the recipient of this information in that situation, and what is the "win" for the giver of it?

As I'm sure you can tell, I've been on the receiving end of this, and at the time I had a pretty hard time with it. It probably colors my feelings about it being said "to" Clay (well, on the boards).

I'd be seriously interested in the thought process behind the statement.

And, I can tell you how it felt from the other end if you're interested.

Thanksgiving???? New Year's??? WTF?? Don't you know that the biggest packages come on Christmas?

Hmmm....good point. Perhaps the woman in the THanksgiving story wore him out so much that he needed to recuperate through Christmas in order to perform New Year's Eve? :imgtongue:

Of course, now you've got me thinking about a Christmas story (and hint-hint: there's no manger in this one :hubbahubba: )

OK, I looked it up. It is 090704_Houston_YWT_mime_fan.mp3. Just gorgeous.

Thank you, thank you! You're right, it's gorgeous.

So far, on this board I can't tell who the 'cool kids' are.

I think that's great! It shows that everyone is welcome, and everyone is important.

Even Muski, 'Ms. Kewl' herself! BWAH!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

FromClaygary :hugs-1: Just cuz...

Oh, and muski? I love when you start thinkin'!! Whee!!!!! :worthy:

And I'll just add that I'm glad that edit counter is gone, gone, gone!!! There's some freedom with that, ya know?

Whoa, if I believed some of what I read tonight I would think Clay's career is over. Somehow I don't think so. Guess I'll stay away from the angst. Call me a pollyanna if you will, but I can't go there.

Does anyone else think that the people who are complaining the loudest about the "famewhores" and the Christmas stories are some of the biggest famewhores out there?

What I read as a lurker on another board surprised me. Why does it continue to surprise me, I wonder. I guess I thought I'd seen it all.

I wonder if some of these people have ever heard that when you point a finger at someone there are 3 fingers pointing back at you?

Does anyone else think that the people who are complaining the loudest about the "famewhores" and the Christmas stories are some of the biggest famewhores out there?

What I read as a lurker on another board surprised me. Why does it continue to surprise me, I wonder. I guess I thought I'd seen it all.

I wonder if some of these people have ever heard that when you point a finger at someone there are 3 fingers pointing back at you?

All too true, jacks! I lurked a bit, and then made a hasty retreat. I really want to enjoy my one and only Christmas concert, and I don't want to have my experience jaded by the negativity about Clay's newest idea.

This is so familiar - Clay announces a new idea for a concert, and much of the fandom lambasts it. But then nearly everyone ends up loving it, or at least enjoying it a great deal. The most popular concert series so far? JBT. Which one had a huge amount of angst preceeding it? JBT. Clay knows how to take an idea and make it successful. I trust that he will do the same with this one.

And just to clarify - this doesn't mean that I think that Clay has sunshine coming out of his butt. :cryingwlaughter:

I just switched over to Dancing etc during a House commercial, and was lucky and caught Jimmy Kimmel's bit - at the end, he said next week we'll find out why everybody on this show is so tan - maybe Clay has already taped a shaven tan skit!

I have been busy. I just had the Fucking Cheery Car moved over here - I am the founder, ya know.

Anyways, I am not so much a pollyanna as I am a fucking cheery person when it comes to Clay - if I want to angst about something, I can always do that with real life, not a total stranger who is rich and sounds swell and seems to be having quite the amazing time of his life!

So I don't so much disagree with negativity, everybody has a valid point of view for themselves - I just don't equate that with having fun with my fandom. Which is fun!

WRote one but it's very poignant and serious so I'm sure he won't use it. Gonna send it anyway, just for fun. It just sorta came out.

Good for you! :clap: That...IMO is the spirit of the thing.

My birthday is on Christmas and yet surprisingly I have very few memorable Christmas stories. Unless you count the time E (16 at the time) and I had the one and only huge fight we ever had over decorating the Christmas tree. I mean if you know both of us it's funnier than snot but there's nothing in any way redeeming or uplifting about it. Just two very very stubborn women. Hee.

----

I am a fucking cheery person when it comes to Clay

And I am just a fucking cheery person period. In my mind, life is too short not to be.

I was thinking of sending the one in of how I held my mom in the kitchen while my sister held my dad in the living room so they wouldn't beat the crap out of each other while trying to put up the Christmas tree...

Clay might identify with that one.... :cryingwlaughter:

I'm just staying here in my happy place and not venturing out until the nutjobs run out of steam.

Just so long as you're not holding your breath too.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I was thinking of sending the one in of how I held my mom in the kitchen while my sister held my dad in the living room so they wouldn't beat the crap out of each other while trying to put up the Christmas tree...

Clay might identify with that one.... :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH!! If he doesn't, I sure as hell do! :cryingwlaughter:

Ooooo, two posts in a row, is that a punishable offense?

Hey! How did that happen?! I don't think I hit edit... hmmmm... damn CRAFT....