#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

I love that picture. Thanks it made my day!

(I have just had 2 more phone calls telling me people I am aquainted with have died. I am now up to 6 in two days! No kidding. Good job I'm not too close to these folks.)

Ooooh, fried spam is so very, very good. Gooooooooood.

I grew up with Spam... sliced and fried, cut in chunks in salad, you name it, my mother found a way to feed it to us... and I liked it! Whenever it comes up at work, people look at me like I just got off a spaceship but I always liked it... didya know there's a Spam museum? Austin, MN on the way from Wisconsin to South Dakota....

Spikesmom..this made me laugh. Yeah I ate spam as a child too. Not a lot but enough. We ate Vienna sausages and potted meat too. heh. In Hawaii you find spam on the menu so made sure I ordered it when I was there.

You would not believe how carefully I drove home!*g*

I never drink...don't like the stuff but this is the kind of day where I would say I need drink. A Coca-Cola would go down real nice right now. This reminded me of the time my uncle died on a Tuesday and I found out that another uncle had died the next day.

What bothered me the most was my mechanic was younger than me. He had just worked on my car on Friday and I found out today that he died on Saturday. (Heart Attack) We had become friends over the 15 years he worked on our cars and we trusted him! One of the good guys!

I think I'll go watch some good Clack.

Ah Merrieee, what a day from hell you had. I hope today and every day goes much better. </hugs>

Now, mechanics. hee. It's a freakin' shame that in this day and age I have to ask my brother in law to take my car in when it needs repairs. I've just had bad experiences. Someone actually cut one of the tubey things <heh> so I'd have to come back to them and get a repair. And it just conked out on my when I was going up this steep ass hill on the way to school. But that was the luckiest day of my life because the tow truck driver took me to a mechanic that he said was the most trustworthy guy he knew. A big red flag right there, right? No, it was true. And the day he retired was a sad day for me indeed. If something was wrong with my car and I took it in... I just knew what he was telling me was truth. And if it was some minor little something that took five minutes, he wouldn't even charge me. God I miss Mal. heee. Now I have to go get a smog test well i needed it two months ago actually and I just know I'll end up paying the max to get my car to pass. What a bunch of scam artists. Ahhhh that feels better.

Wow, this sure was the pick on CG post! :cryingwlaughter: II didn't like the vignettes. A lot of others didn't either. You liked them. A lot of others liked them too. Different strokes and all that. I just don't think I should continually have to defend my disliking them!

You don't. Sometimes a different opinion is just a different opinion. Frankly I can accept that many people had issues with JNT05 although I enjoyed it.

on another issue:

I also respect Clay but I definitely wouldn't say things to his face that I post on a message board. :DoClay: This for instance. Personally I don't even mean this literally when I do use it. So I'm not treating him like just any other member because he isn't. Fan boards are for fans. But, the object of one's affection, should definitely be able to read a fan board and know it's a fan board :cryingwlaughter: Sometimes I wonder what he thinks when he reads the OFC.

I watched "Pushing Daisies" also, and I lurved it! Which means it will get canceled in 5 episodes or less. I found it to be very whimsical and quirky, but also a little dark. The visual style was very different and almost cartoon-like.

OMG I absolutely ADORED Pushing Daisies. I loved the entire cast. Chi was a laugh riot...and when the undead girl said she was ruminating on the situaiton..OMG I cracked the hell up. I laughed so much. I hope it lasts I hope it lasts I hope it lasts. heee. That entire ABC lineup on Wednesday is AWESOME... haven't had a night like this since the old Must see TV Thursdays back in the day.

This sounds like an excellent idea, Couchie! I was already thinking about volunteering for a song right after the first concert. Won't be too difficult, since I'll be attending it!

Thanks for the feedback on that. The only problem I can think of is that the people going to first concert won't be around to pick their song so we'll have to do this in a fair way..maybe the next day after the show.

Oh I think it is EXACTLY his type of humor. Big time!!! I would bet IF he was considering it, the humor in it would be one reason why.

<snip>

And I think I'm the only one that doesn't know a thing about Spamalot. I like British humor..A Fish Called Wanda is one of my favorite movies of all time. Is it along that line. Can anyone offere a quick summary of what this is all about.

Jenna: I tend to agree with your assessment of Idol and Rewind. It's hard enough to judge what going on with Clay for the things he says... but for the things he doesn't? Nope, not even going to try. And here's the thing. I'd watch/listen no matter how it came to be because it's Clay and as always he's not half assing.

Haven't been there in several (ok a few more than several) years and 500 might be right - seems high to me, but then it's 3 levels... but it's tricky too... assuming it's the still the same, you'll find a Footlocker, a Lady Footlocker and a Kids Footlocker - one on each floor... there are repeat stores (or there used to be)... but it's still a cool place to go... you get your shopping fix for sure! Plus the amusement park in the middle... had some good restaurants too!

Thanks for the hint... on the website now they are saying 520 stores..by the time December rolls around I will know every story I want to hit. I hate shopping... I can't say that enough but I'm so excited for this. I will buy all of my Xmas presents there. It hit me that I'll be in Minneapolis for 3 days so that's plenty of time to do some exploring. Can't wait for all my little visitor's guides, coupons to arrive in the mail.

Well, FINALLY! I mean, REALLY! That extra Clay tee shirt kept getting in the way here at home, you know? :cryingwlaughter:

I'm on a plane in the morning---at an obscene hour of the morning, may I add. <_< Heading to Denver for the day and hopefully will have a chance to have a :juul: :trink3: or two with a certain Denver FCA woman.... :clap:

Don't forget to ask for a fuzzy treasure trail. heee. My cousin is a bartender and she said she'd fix it for me when I come to her bar cuz it's quite the expensive little drink to put together at home. hee. whoot.

And I think I'm the only one that doesn't know a thing about Spamalot. I like British humor..A Fish Called Wanda is one of my favorite movies of all time. Is it along that line. Can anyone offere a quick summary of what this is all about.

Well, you are on the right track, because Fish Called Wanda is full of Monty Python alumni (esp. John Cleese who I luuuuuurve). It's one of my favourite movies, too! So maybe that means I should d/l the first episode of Pushing Daisies.....

To understand Spamalot, you have to have seen the Monty Python film The Holy Grail. It's based on that. I don't think it would make much sense to anyone attending who hadn't seen the film first. It's a whimsical farce about the Knights of the Round Table in typcial Monty Python style (have you seen the original show?) and features some hysterically infamous scenes, my favourite being the one with The Black Knight who gets all his limbs cut off but keeps on wanting to fight because "it's just a flesh wound!" As much as I appreciate Clay's bawdy humour, and Monty Python, I'm not sure they would mesh. It's just so.......British. In a good way. *g*

I've heard of Spam, the meat, but I don't think I've ever eaten it. The closest we got as kids was canned ham. LOL.

Sooooo....can you here me now? I mean, I AM in a different time zone than my usual one. Crazy about Clay? Sucked in to the whole fandom/message board thing? Who? MOI?

I mean, I don't think it's odd that the first thing I did when I checked in to my room was connect the internet and log on here. My work isn't going anyplace and I'm sure when I check my emails in a few minutes no one will know I came here first, right?

JennaZ, now you know I love you, woman, but really---this paragraph is just too damned grown up and responsible and rational and shit:

I try not to post when I'm upset, because I worry I'll write something I'll regret later. When I'm mad, I may log off the board and do something else to dissipate those feelings before composing a post. When I'm disheartened by what I see online, I often just slink away and concentrate on real life. What these breaks give me is a sense of perspective. I realize that the dramas of the fandom are really, in the grand scheme of things, fairly minor blips compared to what else is going on in the world.
You keep that kinda sensible talk up and you're gonna make me feel guilty for being....

obsessed smitten with a man young enough to be my....

younger lover :hubbahubba: who would, no doubt, benefit from my experience and wisdom in many aspects of life. :whistling-1:

So here I am in Denver...beautiful day. Gonna actually do some work now.

merrieee, Good God! Let's hope today and tomorrow give you a break from bad news! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

keepingfaith I see someone upthread put in an emoticon of someone sleeping in a bed and hoped that you were getting some of that to make you feel better. I have a bed emoticon to share, too, and hope you get some of this to make you feel better: rockbed.gif

That usually makes ME feel better...yes.gif

Ding Dang it! I forgot to wish liney a happy birthday! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Do it up right, babe!

:bday2: :nature-smiley-014:

Sad news - the FCA DCAT pin (sold in a very poor style) only went for under 11 dollars

auction

Page doesn't work for me. Somebody paid $11 for a DCAT pin?

Happy belated Birthday to keepingfaith. I hope you're feeling better. And Happy Birthday to liney23!!

Lurve Spam. Fried crispy edges and mac&cheese. Talk about your comfort food.

Clay content? I'd like to sample him with crispy edges and mac&cheese, too.

I enjoyed Pushing Daisies too, last night. But don't expect it to be cancelled anytime soon. Ratings were phenomenal. It won its time period by a landslide.

I like Spam, especially fried. It's good with fried rice and eggs.

I haven't seen Spamalot, but I do love Monty Python, especially the Holy Grail film. My favorite scene is the one where the Black Knight gets all his limbs cut off. Priceless! I can totally see Clay as a Monty Python fan.

I enjoyed Pushing Daisies too, last night. But don't expect it to be cancelled anytime soon. Ratings were phenomenal. It won its time period by a landslide.

I like Spam, especially fried. It's good with fried rice and eggs.

I haven't seen Spamalot, but I do love Monty Python, especially the Holy Grail film. My favorite scene is the one where the Black Knight gets all his limbs cut off. Priceless! I can totally see Clay as a Monty Python fan.

YAY!!! I really found the guy to be so cute and very sympathetic. It is very similar to Ugly Betty in its campiness...although even more so, so maybe the audience is getting more accepting of shows that are more unique.

Yup...spam, fried rice with garlic and eggs...one of the staple breakfast when I was growing up, along with Filipino sausage. When my mom comes to visit or when we go to visit...cans of spam is a must to make her happy.

LOVE monty python...love that movie. I do need to download it cos I have forgotten a lot of the scenes. I guess another similar type of comedy is Mel Brooks movies like history of the world....just out and out silly farcical fun.

Well, that bit of news deserves a few dancing bananas! I meant to check out the ratings, but forgot.

:manynanas::manynanas:

Seriously, I almost hate to sample new shows anymore since the networks seem so quick to cancel. I like "Chuck" okay on Monday nights, but I'm not sure I'll stick with it because it seemed kind of draggy. I watched the pilot for "Bionic Woman" last week, mostly out of nostalgia for the original girl power show, and only made it about half way through last night's episode before turning it off last.

Topic: Clay needs to do a guest spot on one or all of the Thursday night comedies. He could be a relative of Joy's on "My Name is Earl", himself on "30 Rock", or a salesman from a rival office supply company that best Michael in a kareoke contest at the Scranton Chili's on "The Office."

happybdaysparkle.gif

crystals_flashing.gif to liney23

Bottlecap... thanks. I love the crystals. I teach an all day class in crystals and mineral on the 27th... wanna come? :cryingwlaughter:

I loved the vignettes cause I love that they came from Clay's brain, cause I think his brain is sexy!!! :Thud:

I grew up with Spam... didn't mind it, didn't love it, but wouldn't eat it now.

I also think Clay is far busier than anyone knows. He has so much to do with so many things it isn't even funny! Unfortunately for his middle, none of it is active... :cryingwlaughter: BAF, UNICEF, Presidential committee, legal stuff, investment stuff, tour stuff, CD stuff, writing songs (crosses fingers, arms, legs, eyes), tv stuff, family stuff, personal stuff and I'm sure that's not even all of it.

It's my birthday, so I'm bringing presents...

173577008-L.jpg

I looked at this face in person... :Thud:

Eyes-Lips-and-Hair.jpg

Swoon...

119517878-L.jpg

I was there for this one, too...

smileclay21-1.gif

OMG... how can anyone say he doesn't have a butt... :Thud:

62466682-L.jpg

Love this look... and the look he is looking... LOL

MJforelock.jpg

Could stare at this all day long... :Thud:

WestPointlean-1.jpg

And, finally, to leave you laughing (I hope)...

not20friday20yet.jpg

Happy my birthday to you! Love you, FCA!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Mmmmm....Spam.... I still love it to this day, although I don't eat it very often. I now mostly fry it up with a couple of eggs over easy for a good Sunday breakfast. BTW, did you know there are different types of Spam now? You can buy Turkey Spam, low salt Spam, low fat Spam, I'm sure the list goes on and on. I always keep a can on hand.

liney brought pretties. Me like liney.

Have fun in Denver muski!

As a former Medievalist, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is REQUIRED watching. "It's only a flesh wound" was said in my company a LOT. Personally, though, I preferred that I hung around with "the nights who say "NI!"" (and we could never agree on how "ni" was spelled!!!!!) It such an OTT movie, though, and it's hard for me to decide whether this would be the kind of thing that Clay would like or not. Really crazy offbeat humor, and very unstructured, so I think Clay could like that. But it's also very BRITISH *waves at merrieeee and sylvie*, and that type of humor really turns some people off.

Funny story: my Mom, in her home town, went to see "A Fish Called Wanda" the same day I went to see it in my town. I talked to my Mom that night -- she HATED the movie. Just hated it. I, on the other hand, LOVED every minute of it. Obviously, different strokes for different folks.

bottle, if Clay does the Thursday night comedies, could he also do ER too? I'd like to see him as a patient -- maybe one who sings everything and can't figure out why? Heh.

It's my birthday, so I'm bringing presents...

several parts of my body thank you for that first present liney23 :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You know, this down time between Clay appearances can be dangerous. I mean besides the speculations arguing bitching moaning discussions about what Clay might be doing and his current state of hair weight shoe size political affiliations while he's out of sight, I don't think we message board types do well with free time. Take me this morning for instance. I decided to cook my family breakfast before I leave for work.3 4 5 6am I am scrambling eggs and slicing melon. After nearly severing a useful digit losing the top of the pepper shaker in the egg mess in the skillet preparing a delicious feast I realized that they might expect this more often...you know, instead of the usual, 'What's the matter with you guys?! Can't you find something to eat in all those groceries I bought a week ago a month ago before Clay's last tour started yesterday?!!'

I think I better stop before they get ptomaine poisoning e-coli samonilla full spoiled by my loving attentions

Happy Birthday!!!! liney23 :fest09:

Did you know there was once a jalapeno Spam? There was a warehouse full of the stuff that couldn't be moved! Well the threat of a hurricane can cause people to buy all sorts of things*g*

Monty Python....meh! I never found it funny....now I see Eddie Izzard and I am on the floor laughing.

LINEY23 -- Have a happy happy day today. Thanks for the presents. They are beautiful!! I used to love birthdays but they come so fast now. LOL

Hmmmm. Maybe spending the majority of my life in this area is one reason I am such a cynic in life!

Hey didn't ya'll boo Santa heee. You made Kobe cry. :cryingwlaughter:

This has been a sucky day and I need to go to bed. Rental trucks have bad breaks - and before anyone asks, no accidents just some nervewracking moments. Tomoorrow will be another sucky day. I am no going on-line to see if I can save a few bucks ordering things from the internet rather than in stores. Definitely vote for money pit on this project.

Good Luck Play!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Couch Tomato, I have five extra parkas. What color/style/size would you prefer?

That Christmas game; hee, we finally stopped doing it last year because my three sister in laws kept fighting over the same bowl and making each other bringing it back the next year. And if someone thought a particular gift was the one I had brought for the game, they were dead sure it would have something Clay Aiken in it, and avoid it like the plague. Gah!!!

What a beautiful beautiful post. Thanks Zena. It was wonderful to wake up to this morning.

Now, as for those extra parkas heee.

LOL about crap that returns year after year after year. We resemble that remark!!

Belated Happy Birthday keepingfaith :2164:

Happy birthday today liney :fest30:

Sorry your happy day didn't work out merriee! Mine stayed good all day and today ain't so bad either. We are making great progress on our kitchen remodel and Mr. Fear and I are actually agreeing on colors, wood finish and countertops. Pretty scarey to me. But the absolute best thing yesterday was having the privilege of tutoring a preschooler and having a blast. Should continue for the schoolyear. I'm already working on alternate days for my Clay trips.

I really enjoyed zena's post. Clay is beautiful through and through. His interest in helping others has kept me a fan for all these years; in addition to his most amazing voice. He sounded so excited in the videos for UNICEF. I just don't understand how those gossip sites can bash someone when he is giving his time to charity.

From CH:

A little news from GAD about this week's episode of AI Rewind:

Clay will be interviewed on camera during this series, as well as continue to narrate. Ruben is the host of the NY Auditions; Charles Grigsby the host of the Detroit/Miami Auditions.

Apparently Clay looks really good in his interview clip.........*g*

Monty Python....meh! I never found it funny....now I see Eddie Izzard and I am on the floor laughing.

Eddie Izzard is a huge favorite of mine. He would be PERFECT for King Arthur in Spamalot. Matter of fact, I thought it was him in Denver.

He is too, too funny!!! :cryingwlaughter:

From CH:

Clay will be interviewed on camera during this series, as well as continue to narrate. Ruben is the host of the NY Auditions; Charles Grigsby the host of the Detroit/Miami Auditions.

So, this could mean anything from Kimmel bangs to last Christmas' long dark hair to AI spikes to the other day's Unicef hair....since "looks really good" is kind of subjective. :cryingwlaughter: So cool to know he's interviewed! I wonder what episode that will be......

From CH:

So, this could mean anything from Kimmel bangs to last Christmas' long dark hair to AI spikes to the other day's Unicef hair....since "looks really good" is kind of subjective. :cryingwlaughter: So cool to know he's interviewed! I wonder what episode that will be......

I would think that Clay would be interviewed for the Atlanta audition show, which is scheduled for the weekend of October 13th. I just checked my local listings, and this week is the Detroit / Miami audition show. And it's on locally at at time when it won't get pre-empted by sports. Nobody better disturb me from 4:00 to 5:00PM on Saturday... :imgtongue:

============================

liney23, I'm glad you liked the crystals. I try to personalize the birthday greeting when I can.

I bring a prezzie.

Untitled-11copy.jpg

(It's not great but I am still learning, thanks to cha cha))

merrieeee, I know you had a sucky day yesterday (and today!), and I missed commenting on this one! You did a great job, and I love those pics. Keep them coming!

From CH:

This makes me very happy, although with bottlecap's theory of timing, it also makes me a bit sad, because I'm going to be gone the weekend of the Atlanta auditions being reshown. Ah well, that's what clack is for. (Didn't Dionne Warwick sing that?)

But I'm glad he's going to be interviewed. If nothing else, it shows how much Clay hates AI. [/jk]

merrieeee -- :F_05BL17blowkiss: And Eddie Izzard rawks!

Is keepingfaith feeling better today?