#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

OMG I had a great day today! No-one died!!!!

I probably shouldn't make fun but it just struck me that way.

I have to work tomorrow morning but I told them I had to leave as I had an appointment at Noon. I didn't say it was with my TV*g*obsessivefan.gif

newclaywink2.gif

fanBlowingShirt.gif

Happy TGIF, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Nothing can make me smile like looking at this man does. Even in the worst of times, I just can't look at him and not smile, even if it's only with my heart.

Love and agree with the sentiments of your post, Cindilu2! Also the "looking back" banner! :clap:

My grandson -- we're calling him Kai this week -- had his first check-up at the pediatrician since his birth Sept. 17. He has gained six ounces to 5 lbs. 8 ozs. and 1/2 inch to 19 inches. Last night he slept five hours between feedings.

The fact that I heard my grandson's voice for the first time on Wednesday is part of my new blog -- Clay Slated for Oct. 11 '5th Grader' / A First for Grandma along with various other stories. There are others, but this is Cindilu2's graphic of a photo by Tangerine:

th_Cindilu_Tang1.jpg

Clickable

I told Jen I printed the promise of a new picture or two in my blog, so I hope to have "adds" this weekend at the OFC and Carolina On My Mind. She is working with a really old, large digital; but that's about to change because late last night her mother ordered her a snazzy little Canon with 2 GB's of memory (selected by Sally). I also told her that the camera comes with "strings" attached. :biggrin:

Belated birthday greetings to Keepingfaith for the 3rd and Liney23 on the 4th! bday3.gif

Have fun in Oceanside, Couch Tomato! I need to find your thread. I would love to have my signature headphones added: listen.gif

Also, for some of us prone to blowing bubbles, Sally mirrored this one so it faces the text: th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

If anyone is interested, Fox has a special on the five students of "5th Grader" at 8 p.m. ET/PT tonight. :)

Have a great weekend, FCA! :wub:

Caro listen.gif

My fondest wish is that all those who critique him have equally loving people in their own lives who offer them the same caring comments, on a daily basis.

BWAH!! Oh so true.... oh so true....

merrieeee - yeah! A great day I'd say!!!

bottlecap - so easy to get spoiled, hey? Me too....

Hi, everybody! I'm back home from my jaunt to Denver...just in time to jump into the usual weekend of softball and soccer. :clap: Unfortunately, yesterday I got a call while in a meeting in Denver from a cousin, telling me that my aunt passed away early in themorning.

She was 98 years old and my mom's only sister. Now Mom has no living siblings. I had to call her to tell her, but first called the assisted living office to have the nurse be with her when I did. She fell apart, of course, and I can only imagine how she's feeling. Three brothers and a sister gone and as with her brother a couple of years ago, she won't be attending my aunt's memorial service. It's in Georgia and there's just no way.

I'm very glad she has her 'boyfriend', you know? I hope she feels she's not alone.

Okay....that's that. Back to more lively stuff.

Hey, woo lover eyes! I have that picture saved in my photobucket account and I LOVE it but I don't know whose picture it is, do you? There are so many things to love about it. I like the hand fur showing, the shoulders, the way his lips are reaching for mine, the shadow of his eyelashes on his cheeks, the gentle way his fingers are caressing that bitch Ms Microphone, the subtle yet maddeningly sexy peek of chest hair, the stubble that begs to be scratched...

gah and gah.:Thud:

Hi, everybody! I'm back home from my jaunt to Denver...just in time to jump into the usual weekend of softball and soccer. Unfortunately, yesterday I got a call while in a meeting in Denver from a cousin, telling me that my aunt passed away early in themorning.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! (Only 7 now but who's counting)

I'm so sorry muski.

Hey, woo lover eyes! I have that picture saved in my photobucket account and I LOVE it but I don't know whose picture it is, do you? There are so many things to love about it. I like the hand fur showing, the shoulders, the way his lips are reaching for mine, the shadow of his eyelashes on his cheeks, the gentle way his fingers are caressing that bitch Ms Microphone, the subtle yet maddeningly sexy peek of chest hair, the stubble that begs to be scratched...

can I just add a couple of gahs and thuds, muski! I also don't know who took that pic. mee2u2 enhanced it or she might have taken it too? Anyone?

Ooh! Ooh! re the flat screen TV. I've been looking at those, as I need just a small TV in my living room (watch TV in the family room for the most part). What kind did you get and how do you like it?

We do the same thing...big honkin' TV in the family room and a smaller one in the LR for me. I got a Sharp flat-screen with a 20" screen. I'd love to have a small 14" for the bedroom. I like the picture on a flat screen better - color is more intense.

Hey, woo lover eyes! I have that picture saved in my photobucket account and I LOVE it but I don't know whose picture it is, do you? There are so many things to love about it.

I like the hand fur showing - check -

, the shoulders, - check-

the way his lips are reaching for mine, - check (back off bitch! They're reaching for MINE!)

the shadow of his eyelashes on his cheeks, - check -

the gentle way his fingers are caressing that bitch Ms Microphone, - check-

the subtle yet maddeningly sexy peek of chest hair, - check -

the stubble that begs to be scratched... - check -

Yep, that about covers it. I have to confess though, when I first looked at it I just thought "oh, that's nice". After reading your detailed analysis I had to go back for a closer look. :Thud:

Clay seems to feel that cause he wore bangs for the last two cds that he should have them for appearances.

Okay here's my theory on the bangs thing. I think he's growing his hair back to ATDW promo style so that he doesn't have to do another photoshoot for year 3 of the fanclub. Which would also explain the delay in the relaunch. *g*

Well, the promo for "Coming up next time" on 5th Grader was definitely not Clay - it was some supersmart college dude. Surely Clique couldn't have gotten it wrong, could they? :cryingwlaughter:

At last I've got Rewind to look forward to tomorrow, so that's something.

Apparently, the CITH Tour schedule finally looks pretty complete on the OFC Tour page. St. Louis on 11/27 and Erie, PA on 12/17 are new, I guess. Good thing laughn and I have Kalamazoo, 'cause I don't see an Ohio concert on there, even though it was discussed at one of the Florida M&Gs.

11/26/07 Wichita, KS, US Central Christian Church

11/27/07 St Louis, MO, US Fox Theatre

11/28/07 South Bend, IN, US Morris Auditorium

11/29/07 Waukegan, IL, US Genessee Theatre

11/30/07 Kalamazoo, MI, US Miller Auditorium

12/02/07 Washington, DC, US Warner Theater

12/04/07 Wilkes Barre, PA, US FM Kirby Center

12/06/07 New Brunswick, NJ, US State Theatre

12/07/07 Albany, NY, US Palace Theatre

12/08/07 Poughkeepsie, NY, US Mid-Hudson Civic Center

12/09/07 Uncasville, CT, US Mohegan Sun

12/11/07 Red Bank, NJ, US Count Basie Theatre

12/12/07 Easton, PA, US State Theatre

12/13/07 Morristown, NJ, US The Community Theatre at Mayo Center for the Performing Arts

12/15/07 Williamsport, PA, US Community Arts Center

12/16/07 Erie, PA, US Erie Civic Center Complex

12/19/07 Minneapolis, MN, US Orchestra Hall

12/21/07 Minneapolis, MN, US Orchestra Hall

12/22/07 Merrillville, IN, US Star Plaza Theatre

Apparently, the CITH Tour schedule finally looks pretty complete on the OFC Tour page. St. Louis on 11/27 and Erie, PA on 12/17 are new, I guess. Good thing laughn and I have Kalamazoo, 'cause I don't see an Ohio concert on there, even though it was discussed at one of the Florida M&Gs.

11/26/07 Wichita, KS, US Central Christian Church

11/27/07 St Louis, MO, US Fox Theatre

11/28/07 South Bend, IN, US Morris Auditorium

11/29/07 Waukegan, IL, US Genessee Theatre

11/30/07 Kalamazoo, MI, US Miller Auditorium

12/02/07 Washington, DC, US Warner Theater

12/04/07 Wilkes Barre, PA, US FM Kirby Center

12/06/07 New Brunswick, NJ, US State Theatre

12/07/07 Albany, NY, US Palace Theatre

12/08/07 Poughkeepsie, NY, US Mid-Hudson Civic Center

12/09/07 Uncasville, CT, US Mohegan Sun

12/11/07 Red Bank, NJ, US Count Basie Theatre

12/12/07 Easton, PA, US State Theatre

12/13/07 Morristown, NJ, US The Community Theatre at Mayo Center for the Performing Arts

12/15/07 Williamsport, PA, US Community Arts Center

12/16/07 Erie, PA, US Erie Civic Center Complex

12/19/07 Minneapolis, MN, US Orchestra Hall

12/21/07 Minneapolis, MN, US Orchestra Hall

12/22/07 Merrillville, IN, US Star Plaza Theatre

Hmmm. The Omaha show is the 21st (have tickets...) and that isn't even listed and the Minneapolis shows are the 19 & 20th per their calendar. Nice first try?

Life - mine seems to be driving between lowes and homedepot. Took the dog to dog park this evening, then fell asleep for a hour or so. So much for dinner tonight.

I think it makes me kind of grouchy.computer_118.gif

Still no concert between Erie and Minneapolis - maybe something fell through.

Hey atinal -- ST. LOUIS!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEE!

I hope I can take off enough time for that one. Maybe I could take a half day personal time to get there, and then drive back afterwards -- meaning I'll be sleeping at my desk, but is that anything new? Heh.

Congratulations to all those who can now get to a new show.

Get ready for some changes though, there are people who are holding tickets for Omaha on 12/21. OFC has MN listed for that date. There be a glitch somewhere.

Yup, I have my Minneapolis tickets and it's the 19th and 20th; and hoping for Omaha on the 21st, because they were really excited! I'm sure it's just someone's typo.

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! The Phillies didn't lose today!!!!!!!!

(Of course they didn't play, but you have to find your joy where you can........)

... slowly crawling out of my sickbed, unexpectedly amped at the sight of ......

clay9.jpg

clayblackwhiteip3.jpg

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone, and thanks for the thanks for the presents/pictures I dropped off... I have good taste in pictures, I have good taste in sexysingerguys, and I have good taste in boards (love you FCA)... :F_05BL17blowkiss:
I'd say that was an understatement! HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY LINEY, and I hope yours was way better than mine. But really, really I'm not complaining -- after what happened on my birthday to certain people having a connection to merrieeee. Did I dodge a bullet or what? Who knew it was my lucky day to only be sick ... I was merely winged!! And you merrieeee should feel absolutely bulletproof for a good while!

muski, thanks for the laugh. If you could see me now, you'd laugh too, I don't think there's enough money in the lottery to get a man in my bed today! But ..... I think I'll buy a Lotto ticket tomorrow on the outside chance. What the hell.

{{{{{{{{YSRN}}}}}}}}}}

I don't feel like talking except to say that I need to take a mental holiday and revisit Jones Hall, because I'm jonesing for this guy who was hotter than a $2 pistol that night:

He likes big butts ... I like full packages .... schwinggggg

HoustonBB.gif

I'm a believer! I believe he is down with OPP!

HoustonOPP.gif

And loving the whip action ...

whipme.gif

But when all is said ... The Thighs Abide ....Duuuude, the things you do with that rivet!!! .....

AClassic.gif

Um, keepingfaith, I don't know about you, but I sure feel better!!! Those thighs!!! :hubbahubba:

Muski, sorry about your aunt. Your poor mom. I hope her "boyfriend" makes her feel loved and wanted - of course she must know that anyway since she has you and Kenny and the kids so near.

So IF the OFC is correct, I might try and take at least part of the day off on the day of the Albany concert and then stay for Poughkeepsie. I think my dear, sweet lurker friend who lives in Albany might be convinced to put up with me me up.......

Now, what excuse can i make up to get out of work early enough for me to make the 4-hour drive to Albany????

And couchie..... I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! LEAVING YOUR HOUSE 2 WHOLE HOURS BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT!!!! WOO HOO!!! :clap:

Good thing you live so close....... :imgtongue:

Hey atinal -- ST. LOUIS!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEE!

I hope I can take off enough time for that one. Maybe I could take a half day personal time to get there, and then drive back afterwards -- meaning I'll be sleeping at my desk, but is that anything new? Heh.

WooHoo. A concert I can get to in 2 hours. I hope St. Louis shows him the love!!! :04: :ura: :bier:

Now off to catch up.

And couchie..... I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! LEAVING YOUR HOUSE 2 WHOLE HOURS BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT!!!! WOO HOO!!! :clap:

Good thing you live so close....... :imgtongue:

:biteme:

Sooooooooooooooooo I just sat through a movie with the kids. Ghostrider. Ghostrider? What happened to Sharktales? Shrek? Daddy Day Care. Ghostrider? I need to have a little chat with my brother. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight.

Why are kids hungry like every 2 hours. This is gonna be interesting.

Um, since I actually have my Omaha tickets at home I'm sure some tweaking of the schedule will take place. And I'm sure the proper feedback thread over at the OFC is already letting them know of their errors. :cryingwlaughter:

Congrats to those that get more shows.

You all have been very chatty - I have been trying to catch up all dang day!! I think I'm still 10 pages behind!

I bring a prezzie.

Untitled-11copy.jpg

(It's not great but I am still learning, thanks to cha cha))

merrrieeee!! :clap: You are getting good!! Very pretty!!

As for Spamalot - LOVE Monty Python and pratically any British comedy...... I hope the rumor is true!!

Am currently listening to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy BBC Radio Show.

Did you know that Douglas Adams was a member of the Monty Python troup for awhile?

Did you ever wonder if the word "Monty" in Monty Python means the same as the word "Monty" in Full Monty???? :lmaosmiley-1:

Spam the meat - last time I had some we were at a car show and a guy with an authentic military Jeep setup was cooking Spam on the cook stove. We had a Grilled Spam Sandwich which was pretty tasty!!

Can't wait to see Idol Rewind tomorrow! ::note to self: check DVR:: It looks like we'll get a little more than what was originally shown!!

I made a new avatar:

applause.gif

:lipstick: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :whistling-1: