#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

I stated my opinion on the OFC that I didn't believe it would be radio hit or that it was given great consideration by Clay, Jaymes, and RCA.

But of course... I work for Davis and I am his daughter. HA!

And you haven't given up any freebies? Whatsamattayou? I thought we were friends!

Oh no, acrophobia, V-E-R-T-I-G-O

Is this really a big deal now in other places?

Hmmm....let's see. Clive STOLE Clay's hit song and gave it to someone else so Clay HAD to say he didn't like it to save face. Poor helpless Clay. Evil Clive wins again. That's the vibe I'm getting anyway.

---

I didn't believe it would be radio hit or that it was given great consideration by Clay, Jaymes, and RCA.

I agree lmf (can I call you lmf? *g*)

I thought it was a fun song in concert but to just listen to it? Meh. Nothing special IMO.

I stated my opinion on the OFC that I didn't believe it would be radio hit or that it was given great consideration by Clay, Jaymes, and RCA.

And you haven't given up any freebies? Whatsamattayou? I thought we were friends!

Oh no, acrophobia, V-E-R-T-I-G-O

Come on now, you KNOW that Daddy is all about the bottom line..no freebies! HA!

So someone recorded a song that Clay sang....whoop de doo! :cry4:

It just business and the world is still going to turn.

Besides I know my Claybee has already recorded THE song to make him a rock god! I heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it......etc. etc. etc.guitar.gifclay_1.gifclayaikengrease.gif

Davis has a daughter? I thought he might have a son, but what ever - that comment is good for everything.

Couchie - you were way to late with your not so prescient comment, I think the conspiracy started 2 minutes after the song being recorded was posted.

I don't think Clay was "preparing " the fans, I think iwhat he said was just common sense and, if any fans needed for to be prepared for that, they are stoopid. I guess some believe taht if Clay does not pick their song, the writer will just slit their throat in frustration and have their will set up so the songs are Clay's for perpituity.

Some of my favorite music business stories are how songs are rewritten and resubmitted. Of course, that was tinpan alley stuff from the 60's and earlier. Not much new information in my brain.

I guess it is a good thing that I am busy and don't have time to do more than drop in here and there - tomorrow is anopther day.

Hmmm....let's see. Clive STOLE Clay's hit song and gave it to someone else so Clay HAD to say he didn't like it to save face. Poor helpless Clay. Evil Clive wins again. That's the vibe I'm getting anyway.

Who is that doesn't get what a naturally self-effacing man he is? I don't even want to know who it is that chooses to believe that Clay is impotent and petty, and wounded from having a simple pop song stripped away from him. Don't even tell me.

---

I didn't believe it would be radio hit or that it was given great consideration by Clay, Jaymes, and RCA.

I agree lmf (can I call you lmf? *g*)

I thought it was a fun song in concert but to just listen to it? Meh. Nothing special IMO.

Of course, no problem... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Personally, I found the song (BFM) to be GAWD AWFUL and I will take a Richard Marx cover over THAT any day of the week.

But, that is just me..

jmh... I didn't say they didn't know he was going to appear... I just don't think they knew about the surprise hairdo, IMO. Niguel was interviewed after the show with Ryan and didn't say he knew or didn't know, just that it was a great tv moment. Roger was at the fitting, but he might not of known how Clay was going to do his hair. We had seen Clay from the miliary ceremony he sang at a bit before and his hair was very long then, but no one guessed what he was going to do with it. Especially the 3 stooges and Ryan didn't know. So... I think he surprised almost everyone. JMHO!

Well, Nigel was the one who arranged for Clay to be hidden away in another room and not seen by anyone before the show, so I think he knew. I think the hair was an integral part of that "fitting"--that is, they were working out what his new style would be. I agree that the 3 stooges and Ryan didn't know, and the general public didn't know, and ultimately, that was what it was all about!!

BWAH!!! What's most frightening to me is that he may have actually procreated.... :blink: Is there a Clive Junior or Juniorette wandering around on the planet?

I suppose that was mean, hey? :sorry:

Only not. ;)

I should add that I don't believe in any great conspiracy theories, I just don't care for the man and I think it's time he retired somewhere... anywhere.

BWAH!!! What's most frightening to me is that he may have actually procreated.... :blink: Is there a Clive Junior or Juniorette wandering around on the planet?

I suppose that was mean, hey? :sorry:

Only not. ;)

Yes, your commentary was mean in my opinion. But, you have the right to post it.

jmh... I didn't say they didn't know he was going to appear... I just don't think they knew about the surprise hairdo, IMO. Niguel was interviewed after the show with Ryan and didn't say he knew or didn't know, just that it was a great tv moment. Roger was at the fitting, but he might not of known how Clay was going to do his hair. We had seen Clay from the miliary ceremony he sang at a bit before and his hair was very long then, but no one guessed what he was going to do with it. Especially the 3 stooges and Ryan didn't know. So... I think he surprised almost everyone. JMHO!

Well, Nigel was the one who arranged for Clay to be hidden away in another room and not seen by anyone before the show, so I think he knew. I think the hair was an integral part of that "fitting"--that is, they were working out what his new style would be. I agree that the 3 stooges and Ryan didn't know, and the general public didn't know, and ultimately, that was what it was all about!!

And Michael Orland didn't know. He said Clay rehearsed over the phone -- and then he didn't recognize him in the same room. I think the Idol producers were trying to keep the appearance itself a secret to everyone but the need-to-knows, and I doubt that even the need-to-knows had foreknowledge of the makeover. The picture of Clay at the elementary school for UNICEF was just two weeks before AI5 and there was nothing to indicate from those pictures that he was going to rock the house and the media with a new look just days away. I think he kicked their asses played devilishly well on their assumptions!

My theory? Clay isn't turning into what they want him to turn into. They have to blame someone because they can't blame Clay and they have to believe he may not want for himself what they want him to be. So they blame Clive/RCA/whoever-else-they-can-think-of instead of just accepting that he may not want what they want.
That's a great theory.

Yeah, I'm still here in lurk mode.

---

aaaannnddd....somehow, someway, it's all The Gnat's fault that Clay wasn't allowed to record it in the first place.

aaaaaandd...Clay knew the fans would go ballistic over someone else being given 'his' song and felt sorry for the guy, so he pretended to not like it so we wouldn't give the guy a hard time....

I'm confuzzled. I've heard so many people over the years say, "Clay says such and such, and I take him at his word.." Now we have people saying "I refuse to believe that he didn't like BFM. He's just being nice about it." But he said in a M&G that he didn't like it and he thought it was cheesy. Isn't that like...well...calling Clay a....a liar?

I think some folks can't accept the fact that Clay didn't like something that they did. They were so sure that this was the song that was going to be his rocketship to the top of the charts, and he chose a different path. I think they feel rejected. :(

ETA: Or what Claygasm said.

I'm confuzzled. I've heard so many people over the years say, "Clay says such and such, and I take him at his word.." Now we have people saying "I refuse to believe that he didn't like BFM. He's just being nice about it." But he said in a M&G that he didn't like it and he thought it was cheesy. Isn't that like...well...calling Clay a....a liar?

My dear, I'm sorry...but you ARE confuzzled. It's called "spin." [/jk]

So much of this "taking him at his word," IMO, changed last year, when the press release came out about ATDW and the songs on it. As you say here (and CG said earlier):

I think some folks can't accept the fact that Clay didn't like something that they did. They were so sure that this was the song that was going to be his rocketship to the top of the charts, and he chose a different path. I think they feel rejected. :(

Now, granted -- for some people they realized that Clay wasn't exactly what they wanted (or I feel the word should actually be "needed") him to be earlier than that. But, I think the realization that he may not be the superstar that they needed/wanted him to be on the new album really came through that day. And so, they had to find that scapegoat.

The thing of it, IMO, is that some simply cannot blame Clay. I see a pretty high pedestal there, and some refuse to let him fall. But, the man is human, and he's going to make decisions that some aren't going to like -- whether it be the songs he sings or the way he looks. And, as a fan, I can't do anything about that. All I can do is go along for the ride, and get off if something happens to change my mind (very doubtful in my case).

If this bio is correct, Davis has four children, and one is female. So lmf could be his daughter. Hee! Or maybe I am. :cryingwlaughter:

My proudest moment as his daughter is when Daddy was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

BWAH!!!!!!

Clay is impotent

:3:

keepingfaith! Bite your tongue, woman! :scream:

Oh, by the way. I was in Petco today and saw some dog 'clothes'---black sweater like things with white writing on them. And one of them said,

"I feel a song coming on."

CMSU! :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter:

Just made for Raleigh and Durham, huh? :lilredani:

Carrie has two friends here for a sleepover tonight. :blink:

Pray for me.

If this bio is correct, Davis has four children, and one is female. So lmf could be his daughter. Hee! Or maybe I am. :cryingwlaughter:
My proudest moment as his daughter is when Daddy was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Since you posted this at OFC, has someone approached you with a plan to bump Daddy off so that a Clay Aiken fan could inherit the keys to the kingdom?

<small voice>I still watch him toss that mikestand around once in a while... </sv> but if he didn't like it, he didn't like it. Getting ATD on the album was wonderful enough for me. As for that Rock Star thing... this year I watched both Classic Rock, Alternative Rock and Clay Aiken summer concerts (plus a Chicago concert that doubled as a cellphone/cellcert dry run). Guess where BFM belongs?

ps. I will cry for "Just You" if someone takes it, though.

pps. At the Alternative Rock concert, I wanted my son to dare me to do a "mellow touch" wave in the middle of the crowd (as a shoutout to the tipsy people at Pala) but DS said he didn't want to die yet. The cute thing was that the rock band actually had a sloooooow song segment where everyone lined up stools up front (kinda like on the Independent Tour), making it an awww-I-miss-Miami moment for me.

KF/Muski, wha-wha-what???!!!! I'd still do him.

Since you posted this at OFC, has someone approached you with a plan to bump Daddy off so that a Clay Aiken fan could inherit the keys to the kingdom?

I posted my opinion of BFM on the OFC, not that I was Daddy's little girl....for the record.

Pray for me.

Muski... you'll be doing this tonight...:chair: and... :RandomSmiley:

and, this will be you tomorrow... :couch1:

I went to look for some praying emoticons and do you know there are umpteen angel ones, but not one praying one... What kind of heathen establishment is this here place???? :cryingwlaughter:

Oh Scarlett..I have no doubt you'll see Clay tossing that mic stand again real soon.

Now, Keepingfaith... your next act as daughter of Clive is to leak a studio version of Tears Run Dry to the internet. Please. prety please? Oh, and we'd love to hear the approved songs for Clay's next album :cryingwlaughter:

I do think Clay will have a variety of stuff on his next album...did we even hash out what we think his different direction is? Wait, so much is urban legend. What was his exact words about his new album..something about a certain song not fitting and going in another direction. Did I dream this? heh.

Day one with my brother's kids has gone ok...save that one spilled cherry sluprie in the back of my SIL's car. I think I cleaned it up pretty well. LOL. All in all, I find that they are just like the two I'm used to.

Good luck to Phillies and Rockies' fans. How is that for covering my ass.

I went to look for some praying emoticons and do you know there are umpteen angel ones, but not one praying one... What kind of heathen establishment is this here place???? :cryingwlaughter:

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Soooooo. Just sitting here with hubby. He's switching channels to look at baseball and college football and I'm hangin' with my peeps online...and so I thought I'd just casually say, "Couchie's (used actual name, of course) trying to talk me into going on a Clay trip to the Chicago area for a bunch of concerts."

And I waited for his usual, "Sure! Go ahead!"

But there was deafening silence. (From him at least. The ceiling is vibrating from three 12-year-old girls doing Dance Dance Revolution in the den upstairs. :wacko: )...

I waited. And waited. And then I said, "Did you hear me?"

At first he just looked at me and shook his head, "no". I started to repeat it but then he just blinked and turned back to the tv. I waited. And waited. And then he said, "If it doesn't cost any money, you should go."

Yeah. That's what I was thinking he was thinking. :mellow::cry4: Sigh. It really is beginning to look like my first concert tour without actually seeing a live concert. Guess there's a first for everything, right?

Does that include doing Clay? :hubbahubba:

Pray for me.

I'll pray for ya, Muski! My 13-year old (the one with the wild, multi-colored hair) had two friends over last night, and they were wild! Ran around the house, ran around the yard, giggled, danced and shrieked loudly, went to a nearby field (with my oh-so-patient hubby) to tell ghost stories, watched movies all hours of the night, and left pizza, pop and other stuff all over the house. But hubby and I survived. We both sleep very soundly, and we just went to bed, did our thang (quietly!) and ignored them. I had a bit of a clean up job this morning, but I was just glad that my rather withdrawn daughter actually had some friends over, so I didn't complain.

Oh Scarlett..I have no doubt you'll see Clay tossing that mic stand again real soon.

Ooooh, I like the mic stand throwing, too!

Vermicthrow.gif

Now, Keepingfaith... your next act as daughter of Clive is to leak a studio version of Tears Run Dry to the internet. Please. prety please? Oh, and we'd love to hear the approved songs for Clay's next album :cryingwlaughter:

No darlin', I'm not the chosen one. Maybe lightmyfire can help us out! If it were me, I'd give you what you want. I adored Tears Run Dry from the JBT clack. It was by far my favorite of the try-out songs.