#18: He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Cheerful snark, cheerful criticism, cheerful smut, cheerful acceptance, cheerful sporking, cheerful threats, cheerful maniacal laughter....
    • There are so many different kinds of beautiful...
    • He's blossomed from a confirmed nerd to an international bon vivant.
    • You never know when that rush of emotion will hit you when it comes to Clay!
    • All it says to me is that Clay's critics are full of s***, six ways from Sunday.
    • Clay Aiken:glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!
    • This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more...

Oh hell. I give up trying to catch up. I've been out of town for a couple of dy s without an internet connection and just spent 3 hours trying to ctch up....it's impossible! And please pardon the typos...I ripped off my pinky fingernail and can'gt hit the A or the shift very well. .

Spamalot: do you think it would be possible for any of our clackgoddesses to get video of othe entire show??

I actually hate shopping but plan to go to the Mall of America. It will be my one big shopping day for the year..maybe plan to buy my Xmas presents there. I think I'm most interested in seeing what sort of specialty stores they have..or stores I can't get at any mall USA.

You understand of course that The Mall of America was built on the site of the Old Metropolitan Stadium? Where I used to go with my Daddy to watch the Twins play? Do me a favor and go touch home plate for me. It's still there, bronzed in the floor of the amusement park.

And somewhere BW has a video of me standing on it singing the Twins Fight Song. :cryingwlaughter:

Gosh, that's such cute video! Too bad you never got to see it. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm having so much fun planning my Clay trip. Mall of America has 500 stores? Is that right or did someone add a zero.

Favorite memory of the Mall: My mom had just had a hip replacement and I found a store that had gadgets and whatnot, and I found a keychain of a hip! :cryingwlaughter:

My favorite memory of mall of merica is my one and only time tyere weith Jamar. zi got video of her singing the fight song standying on homeplate and I also go video of my very first time in a Shoegasm (aka DSW). I was so excited sbout that stoere i wipped out my video camera and walked up and down the aisles. I think I alarmed store security more than just a little bit. I wish I could figure out how to get that video off my camera oand uplosd it.

I'm having a much better day so far today...only one person has told me someone has died! Seriously, one of my other co-worker's mother was found dead last night.

Jeez merrieee, what line of work sqre you in?

OMG I love him! I wonder what he'll wear for the skating show......

maybe some nice skating tights? :hubbahubba:

I wish I could figure out how to get that video off my camera oand uplosd it.

Not real high on my wishlist. Just sayin' *g* But awwww. Our trip to the MOA was during the IT KC/St. Paul twofer ... our first Clay road trip together.

Good times!

I'm sorta excited for the next one.

You?

I wish I could figure out how to get that video off my camera oand uplosd it.

Not real high on my wishlist. Just sayin' *g* But awwww. Our trip to the MOA was during the IT KC/St. Paul twofer ... our first Clay road trip together.

Good times!

I'm sorta excited for the next one.

You?

Excuse me???? We were together? I believe you wer ein your car an di was in my car with the Travelling Companion From Hell. :( The only reason MOA was so muc fun was because we ditched her. :cryingwlaughter:

CRAP! [tm Clay]

I just realized that I'm going to be away from home next Thursday night, probably out to dinner with my hubby and my BIL in Minnesota. When I get back to the hotel room, I guess I'll just have to download the entire episode onto the laptop.

But CRAP! I wanted to EEEEEE and SQUEEEEEEE with you guys.

CRAP.

:fca:

BTW -- couchie, I was just at the MOA a few months ago. There are several interesting stores, in my book -- and I'm not a huge shopper either! They have a QVC store -- if anyone in your family is a QVC person, you can pick up stuff from there. There's also a "As Seen on TV" store -- where you can buy those informercial gadgets without having to pay shipping. There's some good game stores, and a store that's nothing but refrigerator magnets! And then there's lots of "regular mall" stores too. If you want an interesting lunch, there's a place that sells all different flavored peanut butters -- and then they make specialty sandwiches out of them too. I liked it myself!

We were together?

In spirit?

Hey...I had the ... *whispers* .... banner in my car.

But I still would not have traded places with you. Sorry. We live. We learn.

---

CG ... I agree with couchie.

Remember the Titans!

Believe! Believe until the third out of the last inning of the last possible game.

Then ....

make excuses, assign blame, shed a tear and wait on next season like most of the rest of us.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone, and thanks for the thanks for the presents/pictures I dropped off... I have good taste in pictures, I have good taste in sexysingerguys, and I have good taste in boards (love you FCA)... :F_05BL17blowkiss: Now, if I would only lose my taste in food and drop 20 pounds, I'd be a very happy camper! :cryingwlaughter:

All of a sudden there is so much to do and watch.... eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

And, only 34 days until Vegas... I sure hope to meet a whole bunch of you there. Can we designate a corner of the pre-party room to meet in? Or somepin????

OOOOHHH EEEEEEE! I just had dinner and a drink with :F_05BL17blowkiss: :clap:Gibby! :manynanas: We discussed many, many things---and not all were about Clay, either! Our two daughters are about the same ages so we did the "Mommy" thing. And we both have great hubbies so we had to EEEEEEEEEEEE over that fact. And then of course we spoke of

Clay. :lilredani:

And how I haven't written about him in oh-so-long and why that is and how I might fix that. And how we think he is most likely such a great f.....

riend and how he probably knows how to use those lips to k...

eep a secret and how those big expressive hands can probably bring a woman many o....

riginal gifts since he's so generous and whatnot.

heh.

I just got back from having drinks and a lovely dinner with Muski. :drinking71::yahoo: Did ya'll know that she's funny and entertaining? :lol2: And great fun to spend time with? It's true. Don't pass up an opportunity to get to know Muski! :bighug:

Sort of like all of Philadelphia right now........ :cry4:

Aw, CG, you need a hug. ***HUG*** But I"ll save the big emoticon hug for later, when the Rockies take their 3rd win. Might not be the next game, but it's comin' soon. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone, and thanks for the thanks for the presents/pictures I dropped off... I have good taste in pictures, I have good taste in sexysingerguys, and I have good taste in boards (love you FCA)... :F_05BL17blowkiss: Now, if I would only lose my taste in food and drop 20 pounds, I'd be a very happy camper! :cryingwlaughter:

All of a sudden there is so much to do and watch.... eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

And, only 34 days until Vegas... I sure hope to meet a whole bunch of you there. Can we designate a corner of the pre-party room to meet in? Or somepin????

Hey, liney! I've been away all day, so didn't get a change to wish you happy birthday. So - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I'm hoping to meet a lot of people before the preparty in Vegas, too. I'd like to meet outside of the preparty room ahead of time, though, so those who want to sit together can do so.

Sorry I missed your birthday, keepingfaith. You know you're one of my favoritest fans in the whole of Clay Nation, eh? I enjoy watching you experience your fandom. Hopefully I'll be able to see it in person one day. :)

And Happy Birthday to you too, liney! Thanks again for the pie recipe. I had no idea... and now I have a food mill so I'm ready for next year!

bdayparty2.gif

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Weeeeeeeeee, top of the world!!! worldturns.gif

Spamalot: do you think it would be possible for any of our clackgoddesses to get video of othe entire show??

Where there's a will, there's a way. ;)

Eeeek, I sure hope not. I don't even wish for my favourite male skaters to wear those things. :cryingwlaughter: Seriously, I think men look skate best in jeans. And short, button down shirts with no undershirt underneath. That ride up when they sing spin. :imgtongue:

Here's hoping that we get a Clay promo on tonight's AYSTAFG! I'm gonna be offline from later this afternoon right through until Monday (heading north for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend) so I'm sure all sorts of clack will become available while I'm gone. It's always the way!

I've heard of Spam, the meat, but I don't think I've ever eaten it. The closest we got as kids was canned ham. LOL.

Luckiest...remember Prem? (or am I dating myself heee) Prem=Canadian Spam

From CH:

A little news from GAD about this week's episode of AI Rewind:

Clay will be interviewed on camera during this series, as well as continue to narrate. Ruben is the host of the NY Auditions; Charles Grigsby the host of the Detroit/Miami Auditions.

Apparently Clay looks really good in his interview clip.........*g*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! He looks so great! What's he got in his hand?

what else, his bucket hat... :cryingwlaughter:

(seriously, that's what it looks like to me but I could be wrong. isn't that plaid on the inside?)

Dead right, I think! :lol::wub: Is that the hat that will never die?? How come he doesn't lose THAT??

Seriously, I have to wonder if he's bought 2 or 3 of them since the original was gifted to him. The fan who originally gave it to him must be either over the moon....or kicking herself :lol:

Where there's a will, there's a way. ;)

Eeeek, I sure hope not. I don't even wish for my favourite male skaters to wear those things. :cryingwlaughter: Seriously, I think men look skate best in jeans. And short, button down shirts with no undershirt underneath. That ride up when they sing spin. :imgtongue:

Here's hoping that we get a Clay promo on tonight's AYSTAFG! I'm gonna be offline from later this afternoon right through until Monday (heading north for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend) so I'm sure all sorts of clack will become available while I'm gone. It's always the way!

*sings* That's what friends are forrrrrr...

I've heard of Spam, the meat, but I don't think I've ever eaten it. The closest we got as kids was canned ham. LOL.

Luckiest...remember Prem? (or am I dating myself heee) Prem=Canadian Spam

And then there's Klik...

I am jazzed about 5th Grader. Not just for the debut, but they re-run this show a lot on Game Show Network and TVtropolis (in Canada).

Good Morning All,

6 Days until Clay is on AYSTAFG!

21 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

32 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

52 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

78 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

81 Days until The Skating Show Airs!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Topic: Clay needs to do a guest spot on one or all of the Thursday night comedies. He could be a relative of Joy's on "My Name is Earl", himself on "30 Rock", or a salesman from a rival office supply company that best Michael in a kareoke contest at the Scranton Chili's on "The Office."

Great ideas! A relative of Joy's :cryingwlaughter: . I love it!

I tried Pushing Up Daisies, but got tired of it part way through. Great concept, so I don't know what it was... maybe my mood. I usually like campy stuff. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Couchie, I'm with you on shopping - not my idea of a fun way to spend a perfectly good afternoon, but after taking shopping lessons from Bookwhore and JaMar, I've learned how to at least be more efficient. There are rules, you know. Rule #1: Never go shopping for Something In Particular. Who knew?

6 days to clack! wow! the time is just flying by!! Need to pack for Vegas!!

I need to book a flight for DH and me!!!

First I was waiting to see about my health - I'm better!

Now, we're waiting to see if DH has to have surgery! The man is NEVER sick. He is finding he doesn't like being on the other side of the lab coat! (He does MRIs and now he's waiting for the ENT doc to decide if when he needs surgery.) Had a biopsy and it was "non-diagnostic" - meaning they don't know nuttin'! Grrr.

I'm gonna have to decide SOON!

DH will PLAY while I CLAY! hee

Oh, I forgot . . .

Good Morning!

th_IMG_0486.jpg

ETA:

Looking at the photo comparison above - if you look at each feature, it's all there. All the same.

But - boy, has he matured!

Invisible926 posted this side by side comparison of current/AI2 Clay at CV. What an amazing contrast!

AIRewindsidebyside1.jpg

Nothing can make me smile like looking at this man does. Even in the worst of times, I just can't look at him and not smile, even if it's only with my heart.

My fondest wish is that all those who critique him have equally loving people in their own lives who offer them the same caring comments, on a daily basis.

But - boy, has he matured!

And how....rawr!

Nothing can make me smile like looking at this man does.

Me too! I don't know what he does but I just have to see that face or hear that voice and I just grin from ear to ear. He makes the day so much brighter. He really has made a difference in ways he has no idea of!

People in Kroger's and Wal Mart must think I 'm nuts. Staring up at a speaker in the ceiling, grinning like a Cheshire Cat! Of course I cannot possibly move until the song is over*g*

Invisible926 posted this side by side comparison of current/AI2 Clay at CV. What an amazing contrast!

AIRewindsidebyside1.jpg

If I was a normal person (normal as in 'not a Clay fan') looking at those pictures I wouldn't even think they were the same person. His face is so much rounder, he's got that little fatty pooch under his chin (yeah, mine's a lot bigger, so what?), of course the teeth are different. I don't think it's due to Krispy Kremes, men naturally fill out in their twenties and trade their boy bodies for man bodies (this is where I would insert the 'thud' emoticon if I could find it.) I think he looks fantastic!

:DoClay:

AIRewindsidebyside1.jpg

I see banner potential in this comparison. Photoshoppers?

Nothing can make me smile like looking at this man does.

Me too! I don't know what he does but I just have to see that face or hear that voice and I just grin from ear to ear. He makes the day so much brighter. He really has made a difference in ways he has no idea of!

People in Kroger's and Wal Mart must think I 'm nuts. Staring up at a speaker in the ceiling, grinning like a Cheshire Cat! Of course I cannot possibly move until the song is over*g*

Heh. Both you ladies are me too. There's something about his "essence" that makes me smile. Good Lord, shoot me -- it sounds like I think he's perfect! And yeah, I'll hear him in a store, and immediately stop, listen, smile -- and think how lucky I am to have him in my life.

If I was a normal person (normal as in 'not a Clay fan') looking at those pictures I wouldn't even think they were the same person. His face is so much rounder, he's got that little fatty pooch under his chin (yeah, mine's a lot bigger, so what?), of course the teeth are different. I don't think it's due to Krispy Kremes, men naturally fill out in their twenties and trade their boy bodies for man bodies (this is where I would insert the 'thud' emoticon if I could find it.) I think he looks fantastic!

:DoClay:

Is this what you're looking for? :Thud: I wish it was bigger....

I think your statements here are very true. We've spent 5 years watching him mature -- not just in his physicality, but also just simply in his life. It's a fascinating process, and I'm glad I've been around for it.

{{{{{{{{{Cotton}}}}}}}}