#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

Oh, I can't wait for the next Rewind! :clap:

Today's lunch was a fuckin' disaster...enough blame to go all around on this one--just remind me not to listen to my executive director when he tells me to slash the food expenses in order to make up for crappy revenue figures. Of course, I was the person everyone bitched to---that's my job, you know.

GOnna take a break for an hour or so before the receptions and opening session tonight. Hope I remember to wake up.... -_-

I have to admit that I'm way behind on the idol rewinds. I have them saved on the DVR. Mostly cuz..well I just watched them all not that long ago. But new clack? I have to see this!!

Ahhhh view new posts. It's such a cool feature. Did you know that two newbies have joined up in the past couple days. Well, of course, everybody uses view new posts. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Yay for new footabge on Idol Rewind! That's gonna be cool!

Some fantastic pictures from a friend of drmchaser614 at the CH:

AllEyesOnClay.jpg

Flirt1.jpg

Ham1.jpg

Finale1.jpg

Ham2.jpg

GiftorChallenge.jpg

CG -- don't look at this next one, you won't like it (there's a hug involved, and your jellus nature will just come out again....)

Hug3.jpg

What a sweet face...

afterhug.jpg

To be Surya and Sasha...

LuckyMan.jpg

LongNLean.jpg

Heh, I do recognize someone I know in the audience, but I believe she has a stalker as well, so I won't say. The internet is an amazing place, hee.

I forgot to give my sympathy to you, ldyjocelyn, I am glad you got to see you MIL before she passed.

AI rewind: on Hollywood week the groups of threes that had to sing together were given a limited number of songs. According to Clay's story, his group was the first and only to sing completely without error (his group included Jon Secada?? - the guy from Hawaii that he spent some time with at the Hawaiian BAF) . Anyway his group sand Superstar (as did Ruben's) and a very small clip was shown on the top two finale. I will look and put it up at 4shared so you can play it.

Oh no!!!! I hope we don't overdose on cute again - it is so sweet we can all get a sugar high!

To AAIT and all the fanfreakintastic Clack gatherers... :F_05BL17blowkiss: (does anyone know who took those beautiful untagged shots?) :hubbahubba:

RL been kickin' my ass lately, so I didn't get a chance to respond to the 'spontaneous shout-outs' vs. the 'I know it's coming so I'm screaming already' conversation and the merits of both.

I just have to say, I think each fan should have the right to enjoy Clay as they see fit. We all have our own way of doing that. The Ethels, the CAPS, the OMG Woman, the shouters, the moaners, the people who bring the party hats or banners and pass them out before the show. They are part of the quilt, the fabric (TM CHA), of this fandom, and it wouldn't look quite as lovely to me if some of the color were missing.

I think if the planned applause, or the shout outs at the end of a number bothered Clay he would say something like he did in Clio about being respectful while gathering Clack. I know this last gig involved other performers, so it might have been a little more problematic, but I figure if Clay was going for the glory note, the skaters were probably trying to match it with some of their best stuff too...so a thundering round of applause might have been appreciated for their talent also.

I like to think that a long, long time from now, when I'm long gone, Clay Aiken will be sitting around talking with family and friends and telling stories of how at one time women threw panties at him, how his fans sang the words to his songs for him at his concerts, how they all held their breaths and waited for that last glory note....and how they all leapt to their feet when he nailed it.

Beware: this man is dangerously cute!

Ham2.jpg

Those CUTE pics of Clay make me think that he is in a very happy place right now. He is singing great, looking fine and his career just seems to be booming!

As I said somewhere else Clay Aiken is really rawr inspiring!

Play you really got a break there didn't you? :cryingwlaughter:

I hate the Kazoo idea too and I think the books would be something he would like.

Oh and the black skates........way too small for Clay!

I am at work trying to help straighten out the biggest FUBAR ever on a patient in the hospital they are trying to admit to an inpatient study. The study is straightforward, but the logistics are tricky and they haven't solved the staffing problems since they dreamed up the study nearly a year ago.

Why will no one listen to me? I'm waiting for a callback with essential information as we speak.

To answer the question about the untagged pictures, if no one has answered yet, drmchaser614 posted the pictures. She went to the show with a friend who is a fan but not on the boards. It was the first time the friend had tried taking pics with her new camera, and didn't think she could get anything without a flash, but other pic-savvy fans helped her out. Neither of them know how to tag pics.

Obviously, I'm still at work so I haven't been able to do any new pics, but I got a PM from the very talented clayquebec1 wanting to use the picture I posted earlier for a new blend. Naturally, I said yes, since I couldn't make a blend with a gun pointing at my head! She sent me this one that she had made with one of my summer pics.

There are no skates involved in this picture blend, but it's Clay and it's purdy so I'm posting it. So there!!

3novembre2007.jpg

Aha....there's the research pharmacy calling me.

Later!!

Hello FCA!!!

I seem to remember meeting lilyshine(s) and she's on other people's list of FCAers others met. Oh well. Maybe next event.

Off to work!!

Sorry, wasn't me. I was only there is spirit! I'm hoping to meet you some day though. I've always loved your photos.

The jersey was funny. I had put about 6 raffle tickets in the jar. Gibby said she put all hers in the jar. And then I learned it was an extra small. EXTRA small. Not just small...but EXTRA small. So I was like oh well if I win it's your heee. Cuz I have a lot of Clay stuff in a box but not clothes. I wear all my Clay gear and the jersey would have been no different. And even though I kept saying..I always win the raffles at Clay events I had to LOL when my ticket got pulled. And I was so busy pulling the ticket that I didn't realize I had won the jersey until it was in my hand. I didn't know what I'd won. It looks great on you Gibby.

Aw, Couchie, I love the jersey so much! THANK YOU again! I've been sleeping in it. Heeeee! I'll wear it during the day when I'm not working sometimes, too.

I ADORE Miss Kendra! How cute and funny is she?

And Jesse continues to amaze me with his many gifts.

Miss Kendra is adorable! And I agree with you about Jesse - he was amazing at the skating show. He's very inventive about his accompaniments, and has added some jazzy elements to a few songs. I really enjoy listening to him play!

So, instead of being yelled at by the doctor, I was congratulated for correcting the mistakes others made. Hey, get enough breaks and sprains and your body knows!! Guess people won't be so impressed now that I went to LV with a bad sprain instead of a break. But I am celebrating having heat and being able to shower!

Play, I'm so glad it wasn't a break! But sprains are nothing to sneeze at - they are extremely painful, too. I'm still impressed that you did LV. And I didn't think you were grouchy at all!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE! More "New" Vintage Clack!

YES!!!! I'm so looking forward to this part of AIR. New Vintage Clack sounds WONDERFUL!!

:clap:

Oh, I can't wait for the next Rewind! :clap:

Today's lunch was a fuckin' disaster...enough blame to go all around on this one--just remind me not to listen to my executive director when he tells me to slash the food expenses in order to make up for crappy revenue figures. Of course, I was the person everyone bitched to---that's my job, you know.

GOnna take a break for an hour or so before the receptions and opening session tonight. Hope I remember to wake up.... -_-

I'm sending positive energy your way, Muski! And I'm mad that you're right here in Denver, and I can't get together with you!!!! Are you sure you don't have any breaks? Even a break to bitch and moan about the conference for a few minutes, and maybe to gush over Clay for a few more, over drinks? :bier: Reiki asked about you, too, and wondered if we could see you at all during this trip!

Thank you sooooo much for the new pics, ldyj! I love this one, with all of the skaters looking at Clay. They know that he's the star!

AllEyesOnClay.jpg

keepingfaith -- whose pictures are those? Are those the ones from smartypantssuz, that I just noticed were out there when I had to leave for work?

And yeah, I'd say the guy is CUTE.

Yes. They were posted at OFC today.

Yes he's CUTE all right, but I think the technical term is HOT CUTE!

Clay66.jpg

Clay64.jpg

I hate the Kazoo idea too and I think the books would be something he would like.

So I'm not invisible.

Thank you for your response. But it probably isn't going to happen...no one seems to be interested. Which is a shame as I found a great organization to take the books.

And now it looks like it's going to be glow sticks and faux candles fighting with the kazoo's for Clay's attention.

Happy Birthday Clay.....

*sigh*

Sorry Rhody, I would go for books as well, but kazoos and glowsticks - yawn

To the weird world file and safety to our English friends saw this on CB

A tidal surge in the North Sea has sparked severe flood warnings and evacuations on England's east coast. Apparently this is a storm surge and not a tidal wave.

CG -- don't look at this next one, you won't like it (there's a hug involved, and your jellus nature will just come out again....)

Hug3.jpg

HANDS OFF MY CUTE BOYFRIEND!!!!!!! :thdom2: :thdom2:

GORGEOUS pictures all you talented women!!!!

And remember - You need a C to have a CUTIE!!!!!!!

:fca: One of these days I am going to learn that not all boards are the same and that things that can be said on one board are not always welcome on another.

Rhody I like the book idea too (not on the stage), kazoos, not so much. I think the best gift for him would be to look out and see a full room.

Kim

So I'm not invisible.

Thank you for your response. But it probably isn't going to happen...no one seems to be interested. Which is a shame as I found a great organization to take the books.

And now it looks like it's going to be glow sticks and faux candles fighting with the kazoo's for Clay's attention.

Happy Birthday Clay.....

*sigh*

What? heee

I saw your post earlier but didn't have a chance to follow the link. What's this about a kazoo and why in hell would anybody take a kazoo to a clay concert. Never mind. heh. This oughta bring Clay to tears.

Does anyone remember 2004 Texas concert where Clay sang with a little girl named Caitlin? And is there clack available? Or which concert and I'll find the clack. Someone asked this of me in email?

:fca: One of these days I am going to learn that not all boards are the same and that things that can be said on one board are not always welcome on another.

Have you been getting yourself in trouble again, Kim? *HUGS*

Have you been getting yourself in trouble again, Kim? *HUGS*

Yeah, forgot there are certain posters you don't contradict.

Kim

I'm still glowing from my brief shining moments of Las Vegas joy.

Aikim It's not safe out there.

Yep, you think I would have learned that by now.

Kim