#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

Kendra was GREAT. Thanks for bringing that over KAndre.

I'm soooo behind. First priority = download clack ASAP.

Thanks FCA for sharing my happiness. I'm going to allow myself a few days of complete joy and then turn my attention to doing everything I can do to stop the madness. It will be great to have my son and his family back in the States after several years overseas.

Now to the charts ... I heard this morning some TV chat about Billboard changing their criteria and while it was thought that Britney Spears would be No. 1 this week, she's actually came in No. 2, behind The Eagles. I heard that Billboard has decided to count sales at exclusive retailers after all because distribution is undergoing revolutionary change. Now, did I hear correctly that The Eagles sold over 700,000 copies of the new album just at Walmart? No iTunes either? That's just phenomenal. And Britney was expected to sell 350,000 but sold about 289,000 copies? All I can say is ... who is buying the Britney Spears album? Britney?

Hello FCA!!!

I got back from Vegas last night. What a fabulous, fabulous trip!!

Wait a minute!! There were 2 tables of FCA people at the party??? I was ALL OVER the place making a nuisance of myself and taking pictures and I missed 2 whole tables of people??? I did get my hug from couchie and saw Karen eh? after the show and got to visit with her a bit. I seem to remember meeting lilyshine(s) and she's on other people's list of FCAers others met. Oh well. Maybe next event.

RL is crushing me these days with big events and deadlines. I had to do some work while in Vegas, when I got home last night and have to head into the office for MORE big work stuff.

I didn't expect to be able to take pictures, so didn't get much chance to try to work with camera settings, etc., but I think I did get some drool-worthy pictures. Now I just need time to work on them.

Here's one to get started with:

218914354-XL.jpg

Off to work!!

218914354-XL.jpg

Off to work!!

*fans self*

Oh my.

*mouths "thank you" to Perma*

ETA: Ansa, I just saw on the CH that the two clips you were asking about this morning didn't upload properly to the respective vaults. geekette pulled them for now and they are working on reloading.

Just popping in to say hey! and to :hubbahubba: over the pictures, Perma and AAIT! THank you...I definitely need them today.

This morning was a mess....at least behind the scenes. I think that for most of the attendees, everything seemed to go okay...but ...never mind.

A little down time now...I had to wake up at 4:30 this morning! WIll try to take a little nap this afternoon.

Gotta go. LOVED that Kendra report on YouTube...heh. We need to send that to some of the asshat 'reporters' who keep harping on the 'typical' Clay fan, huh?

Oh..last night the AV guy was trying to set up my laptop to connect to a printer at our registration area. He saw the desktop, which is a gorgeous full body shot of Clay at the Sedaka tribute. (:Thud:)...and he said, "You like Clay Aiken, huh?" I said, "Yup...he's my idol..." (heh)...he sorta chuckled and I said, "What? Hey, you knew who he was right away..." He said, "Oh, yeah, my family always watches AI..." "Yeah, but that was four years ago, you know. As you can see, he looks a bit different these days, but he sounds even better than he did before!"

He said, "Yeah, well the man CAN sing."

well...duh.

Oh..and the admin assistant who got all the various ribbons to attach to the name badges--you know like "Speaker" "Staff", etc.? Well, when she gave me my badge, it had the following ribbons on it:

STAFF

EVENT PLANNER

Rock Star

Queen

heh.

I personally think this is excessively cute...

The Claymate News

hosted by about as typical a "claymate" as you can get. Heh.

Loved it! Might have known I should just come here where the like minded are before letting a put-down on another board annoy me.

Kendra was GREAT. Thanks for bringing that over KAndre.

Now to the charts ... I heard this morning some TV chat about Billboard changing their criteria and while it was thought that Britney Spears would be No. 1 this week, she's actually came in No. 2, behind The Eagles. I heard that Billboard has decided to count sales at exclusive retailers after all because distribution is undergoing revolutionary change. Now, did I hear correctly that The Eagles sold over 700,000 copies of the new album just at Walmart? No iTunes either? That's just phenomenal. And Britney was expected to sell 350,000 but sold about 289,000 copies? All I can say is ... who is buying the Britney Spears album? Britney?

Yeah, 700,000 CDs sold at WalMart. iTunes doesn't have the album for download, but it was available as a CD and download on Music Today and on the Eagles website (and those sales would be in addition to the WalMart numbers). Way to go guys!!

I didn't expect to be able to take pictures, so didn't get much chance to try to work with camera settings, etc., but I think I did get some drool-worthy pictures. Now I just need time to work on them.

218914354-XL.jpg

Yum yum. Thank you.

218914354-XL.jpg

Off to work!!

KAndre carefully places a stack of paper towels under her chin, awaiting Perma's next submission...

Great news Keepingfaith

I would say tell your son to break a leg, Zena, except it is a sore point with me.

Scarlett, Couchie has your hat, I never met Karen Eh? at LV.

Came home exhausted to a freezing house as my furnace is not working, and it was 30 something last night. I am on the list to fix it sometime today, but not while I am at the doctors. Can't shower because it is COLD!!! Am sucking down the hot tea. Found the floor tiles lifting in my kitchen, am very pissed. Floor is also squeaking, I do not have any squeaky floors, so we know this is new.

Holly is back to her old self, full of piss and vinegar and 100 percent healed and want's to play!!

Still tired, don't know how you other guys do it. Thanks for people putting up with my grouchy self at the preparty (especially when I had to go to the opposite side of the room to get a fork because they cleaned up my fork (that I took off plate and put under napkin to hide) while I got more food and then when I had to walk to the opposite end of the long room to get a fork, I found them cleaning up my food!) and my sleepy self at the after party. And thanks to Gibby for letting grouchy my have chocolate cake, it was so tiresome to not be able to move fast. I enjoyed meeting all the FCA'ers after this timeand enjoyed the CV and CB people I also ran into. (Including one person who made me feel very lucky for just hurting my ankle/foot). These are precious memories. I learned that when we met Paola Blues and Laughingoutloud in Cary 2 years ago just before we lost Laughingoutloud. If nothing else, fandom teaches perspective.

The concert/exhibition (hee, Clay took part in an exhibition) was great, but I am notorious for suffering from the Aiken fog. I thought the shies were always brown, I remember thinking how odd they brought out brown shoes, maybe it was angle, or just my faulty memory. I think they wanted to have different color shoes so people would not think Clay was on the ice with his regular shoes and these did not fade into his pants. I am a person who never likes applause before any singer finishes singing, I want to hear them all, or mostly all, some I would not mind being drowned out the whole song. Just the way I feel. Didn't see what happened when everyone stood because I could not get up fast enough without leaning on the peoiple in front of me, so I guess I am against standing in this particular point.

IO thought the concert was great, but not so much the accoustics, Clay was fine, but I had some trouble with the sound, it sounded inconsistently off and on quality wise. I did watch the skaters more than Clay, probably because we were in the middle of the arena and my view of Clay was blocked more often than not. He seemed really happy when doing his final skate salute with the skaters, do they do that with all singers or was he the onlyone who has been game? I thought the Phillippe was very aware of Clay's fans being there and played to them, to the point of jumping in the stand to dance with one, I don't think he skated with any flair, but he played every trick he could for applause. I think Todd skated with flair but never thought about Clay, heh.

I want to know who shouted out CANADA so loudly? Was it someone from here?

Yeay - furnace repair guy is here! Boo, I have to go to doctor, so he better finish fast!!!

I personally think this is excessively cute...

The Claymate News

hosted by about as typical a "claymate" as you can get. Heh.

Oh bwahahah! That is awesome.

"Surprisingly, the ice did not melt." You got that right, honey!

thread title..although it might be a little stale by the time for our next thread.

If you got an email 3 times from FCA ...OOPS..and LdyJ did it! heee

Uhhh, what if you didn't get any email at all? :cry4:

The concert/exhibition (hee, Clay took part in an exhibition) was great, but I am notorious for suffering from the Aiken fog. I thought the shies were always brown, I remember thinking how odd they brought out brown shoes, maybe it was angle, or just my faulty memory. I think they wanted to have different color shoes so people would not think Clay was on the ice with his regular shoes and these did not fade into his pants. I am a person who never likes applause before any singer finishes singing, I want to hear them all, or mostly all, some I would not mind being drowned out the whole song. Just the way I feel. Didn't see what happened when everyone stood because I could not get up fast enough without leaning on the peoiple in front of me, so I guess I am against standing in this particular point.

Hey play, glad you made it home ok, but even my house, with a working furnace, was too freaking cold for me this morning! And you do know that he was wearing skates and not just shoes, right? :lol: The ones they brought him out were definitely black, the ones he wore were brown. Probably the brown ones were already all unlaced and just waiting for him to jump into them backstage. I know it takes me longer to lace up a pair of figure skates than it took him to come back out.....and I've laced many a pair of figure skates in my day! Hee, daughter skated for 12 years.

He seemed really happy when doing his final skate salute with the skaters, do they do that with all singers or was he the onlyone who has been game? I thought the Phillippe was very aware of Clay's fans being there and played to them, to the point of jumping in the stand to dance with one, I don't think he skated with any flair, but he played every trick he could for applause. I think Todd skated with flair but never thought about Clay, heh.

Hee, I don't think Clay is the only one to ever put on a pair of skates, but it is unusual for sure. I was so happy he did! And Phillippe was just being Phillippe....he loves to jump in the audience and kiss the women. Heck, he usually takes his shirt off too, so count your blessings. :cryingwlaughter:

I want to know who shouted out CANADA so loudly? Was it someone from here?
When was that? I don't remember hearing it.

I know Clay was wearing skates, but I remember someone carryiong out these humoungous brown skates, maybe they changed for the presentation and these were just out there by mistake, but I did see brown first because all I could think was "look at these huge brown skates, they must be for Clay!"

Clay had black shoes on, and maybe bklack skates would not have been noticible on TV as he had changed his shoes - for the TV audience. Not for me, I knew.

Hey play, glad you made it home ok, but even my house, with a working furnace, was too freaking cold for me this morning! And you do know that he was wearing skates and not just shoes, right? :lol: The ones they brought him out were definitely black, the ones he wore were brown. Probably the brown ones were already all unlaced and just waiting for him to jump into them backstage. I know it takes me longer to lace up a pair of figure skates than it took him to come back out.....and I've laced many a pair of figure skates in my day! Hee, daughter skated for 12 years.

Imagine how long it would take to tie Clay's shoe skate laces. :hubbahubba:

Sorry to interrupt the flow of conversation here, but I need a little help. Some opinions.

I have left a post at the CB and I need some feed back. Be it..."OMG...NO" or even just a" Maybe it would work." I'd like to hear what you all have to say.

This may only effect you if you are going to the Kalamzoo concert, but I'd still like to know what you think.

Better then kazoo's?

Post #158, it was at the bottom of the page.

Please PM me with any thought's you may have.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Hey Perma..by the time I saw you I think most of FCA had vamoosed. It was so nice to have 2 tables and to know there were other FCAers spread around. Leeana was working her butt off. Leana, you guys did a great job. IT was a fantastic party! And even though I didn't make the breakfast, I was all verklempt to learn there were 12 at breakfast. Anyway, Lucky your daughter is a great sport and she was so happy to have touched the ground in Utah and California. heee. I know I have been to a lot of new states because of Clay. Play, you are not a grouch. It was fun to see you and Fear together. You guys are different, yet the same heee. I know, that makes no sense.

The jersey was funny. I had put about 6 raffle tickets in the jar. Gibby said she put all hers in the jar. And then I learned it was an extra small. EXTRA small. Not just small...but EXTRA small. So I was like oh well if I win it's your heee. Cuz I have a lot of Clay stuff in a box but not clothes. I wear all my Clay gear and the jersey would have been no different. And even though I kept saying..I always win the raffles at Clay events I had to LOL when my ticket got pulled. And I was so busy pulling the ticket that I didn't realize I had won the jersey until it was in my hand. I didn't know what I'd won. It looks great on you Gibby.

Waves to Cotton, who I got to meet. She was sitting one table over from us.

Wandacleo..turns out although we never officially met we have been hanting the same haunts for awhile. She actually attended the JNT05 Oakland preparty that I helped organize. But as soon as I saw her I was like..I know you.

I also met Clay4Shore and her husband. She posts now and then and has been around been around from the beginning. It was great to meet you.

I have to do this in spurts or it will never get done!!

I ADORE Miss Kendra! How cute and funny is she?

Thanks Perma for the gorgeous photo. My internet just came back on - it went out 36 hours ago- so only now have I been able to drown myself in the gorgeousness that is Clay Aiken's voice. Unbelievable. I do believe that boy got some coaching up in New York in preparation for the rigors of Broadway performing. He has never sounded so solid and powerful.

And Jesse continues to amaze me with his many gifts. I love this web that Clay is weaving that sparkles with talented dewdrops in his connections that he makes. Always intriguing, surprising, leading to more exposure and growth and friendships. He is just beginning to soar again, as does my heart.

heh, back from the doctor with a funny joke here. Seems like the radiologist reviewed my xrays and decided the doctor was wrong in declaring any breaks. Turns out the cast they put on my foot made it worse, taking it off was a good thing and, if the EMT people would have let me wrap my own foot, it would have healed from this very bad sprain faster. Duh. So, instead of being yelled at by the doctor, I was congratulated for correcting the mistakes others made. Hey, get enough breaks and sprains and your body knows!! Guess people won't be so impressed now that I went to LV with a bad sprain instead of a break. But I am celebrating having heat and being able to shower!

OK, maybe I will download a little clack and actually see hwat Clay was like while the skaters were getting cheered. It always comes back to Clay.

From Ms Marmalade at CH:

some info from GAD about the upcoming episode of AI Rewind 2: Hollywood Part 1:

Quote:

Clay intros the show via voiceover. That airport shot? He kisses the camera. He is seen in front of the hotel where they're staying saying "our rear ends are tired" and "looking forward to my nap". Shot of him sitting in the theatre listening to the other auditioners. A new short interview clip where he says "God put me here for a reason". Same shirt/hair as the previous interview clip from the Atlanta audition episode.

This is just the opener.

In the first part of the show, Clay is shown introducing himself on stage, saying that he wants to be the American Idol because of the influence (his "Miss America" speech), takes out his pitchpipe from his pocket, and sings "Unchained Melody" acapella. OMG!!!!!!!! Paula is grinning like a loon. Simon is just staring at Clay like a statue. Clay looks a mess with his hair a mess, his clothes sloppy and multiple layers, and long long sideburns. But GOD that voice!!!!!!! He sounds so amazing. New interview clip where he talks about getting serious now that he was in Hollywood.

Quote:

Lots of Clay in the promo for AI Rewind Hollywood Part II.

She said that we're going to see a lot of him in the Hollywood episodes......way more than we saw originally.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE! More "New" Vintage Clack!

Las Vegas was such a great time. I enjoyed meeting so many of you at the breakfast and after the show. I loved, loved, loved the show. I thought Clay's voice was fantastic and so much better than the clack. I really like DSIAFCD and didn't notice any glitches, just proves he doesn't lip synch.

The skaters were very good and four of them had to do retakes at the end of the show. So if Clay is unhappy with his voice he can probably do a retake also. But I thought he was great. My favourite part was WW when Sasha was skating and Clay, who couldn't hear, was not singing. Cracked me up when Clay said, "let's give Sasha Cohen a hand." When he finally started singing it was fantastic. :lilredani:

2 more days to more Clay clack! EEEEE I want to see the judges fall off their chairs. The only thing I don't expect to see, sadly, is Clay singing Superstar.

Play... when did he sing Superstar??? Hollywood, I'm guessing. This is a Clayfactoid I did not know. Course I didn't discover Clay until Finale week on AI2, and then didn't discover the message boards until 6 months or so later, so there is some early stuff I did not get info about.

AAIT... I now have your pic of Clay skating around the rink as my desktop! Thank you!!! I wish I'd known you were there in LV... I'd have hunted you down! I have greatly enjoyed your clack!

Perma... S.W.O.O.N... great picture. Can't wait for some more!

I LOVE the ending of DSIAFCD when Sasha skates up the the skates for Clay. I'll bet there is backstory on that look he gave her from the taping earlier in the day of the "lesson." I'll eagerly await the show to see what they filmed. The producers said they didn't want it to just be a typical skating show, so who knows what else they did. Hope it all involved Clay... :cryingwlaughter: