#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

He just came out with Sasha skating on Figure skates...he is goign around the rink...he had his arm around her when he came out???not sure about that one...

He is not as steady with the figure skates as he was with the hockey but he could be hamming it up too according to cellcerter...

it was cute when Sasha came out with the skates after WAYDNE...

he was doing goofy faces as he was skating.

From my friend - They're doing do-overs now.

Ok, Clay skated once around with Sasha Cohen and someone else. After WAYDNYE Sasha came out with skates, they went back stage while others were doing their finale thing and then they came out and skated.

He looked adorable - or as we say here at FCA - CUTE!!!

VERY cute!

It was wonderful!! The whole show was wonderful and Clat was especially wonderful!

From artquest:

He was totally adorable. He seemed a little unsure, but he did a lovely job of circling the arena with Sasha and another cute skater, one on each arm. He grinned and then skated smoothly off with Sasha. And it won't surprise anyone here that the skates were enormous.

Yup, I am heading to bed too. What a fun night!!!

Nothing like a CUTE boyfriend singing to you to make you smile!!!!!!!

By the time I get home from work tomorrow I expect lots and lots of clack - and full reports from the FCAers who were here!!

'Night all!

In landing a quad there's that element of suspense -- will he land it? YAY -- a QUAD! Scream Yell Applause The reaction to a quad is when the jump is completed -- not at lift off

But with Clay singing and hitting a big note, I don't think it should be reacted to like it's a big surprise or something. And, those notes he holds out and modulates and croons, I want to hear every nuance of them -- I'm for screams and applause when he ends the note.

I just want to hear every sound this man makes!!!!!

I haven't caught up with everything, but had to WORD this, keepingfaith. It drives me fuckin' crazy. When I listen to and watch the Sedaka tribute, I'm thanking the clackgatherers and cursing at the same time---just shut.the.fuck.up. Screaming before he even gets STARTED on the big notes...drives me CRAZY! I want to hear HIM, damn it, not high pitched screaming from the audience.

[/]rant

back to catching up...

ETA: CV reporting that Spot got it all! :DoClay: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :hubbahubba::clap:

Thankful4Clay has posted a sendspace for AIW at CV: AIW. There are photos from farouche in that thread as well. Very elegant look to the set, very classy.

ETA: Really, really good. I don't think I've ever heard Clay in such fine voice as he was tonight. The song just gets stronger, and his tones are very round throughout with a bit of harshness in the mid-part but open and gorgeous for the highest part. He's very confident in his voice. Whatever he's been doing while preparing for the tour and recording, it's been great for his voice. And the low notes. So resonant. GAH! I think they've got a great show on their hands--it'll be interesting to see it in edited form, and to see how much promotion it gets.

ETA again: thanks, cha cha trusty for putting all of those on your site. Can't wait for more of this, but even I am going to bed soon.

Hi from Vegas, ya'll! I've been having a great time exploring Vegas and meeting all kinds of Clay fans, including people from FCA! Earlier today some of us met for breakfast, and then Lucky, Fear, Crimsonice and I all went on the HUGE New York rollercoaster. I have a great pic of Fear and I on the coaster!

Tonight the preparty was wonderful! Clay signed some items for the BAF auction before the preparty. I'm looking forward to hearing how much money was raised for the BAF, because I think it was probably a sizeable amount. I talked to a security guard when I was going into the preparty, and he told me that Clay had been rehearsing with the skaters a lot of of the day. He also said that he had met Clay, and that he was a really nice guy.

As was posted earlier, Couchie was a wonderful dear and gave me the XS BAF Hockey Jersey she won in the raffle. However, if she ever wants it back in the future, it's hers!

MUCHO HUGS to Couchie!!! :hugs-1: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

That's all. The rest of the evening was uneventful.

NOT!!!! Heeeeee. We got to see our fantastic boyfriend look soooo handsome and do wonderful job on all of the songs.

As you've heard, Clay wore a sharp-looking black suit with a burgundy shirt and tie for the first half, and changed into a black shirt with an ivory tie for the second half (with the same jacket and pants). The hair looked good! The stage area was relatively small, and he mostly stood still or sat on the stool when he was singing. He did move around a bit for a few of the songs. The skaters didn't enter at the very beginning of a couple of songs, which allowed the focus to be on Clay for a bit, which was nice. He was a little raspy on the first two songs, but then had a break while some of the skaters performed to canned music. I didn't notice the raspiness when he came back. Clay did some really cool vocal change-ups on a couple of the songs. A couple of the songs had absolutely gorgeous, spine-tingling notes, especially at the ends of the songs.

The skaters ended their routines close to Clay's stage on several of the songs, and held out their hands to acknowledge him. Clay was self-effacing, as usual, and gestured back to the skaters to acknowledge them. Clay also got hugs from a couple of the female skaters, and he shook hands with Philippe Candaloro. It was fun to see the interaction between Clay and the skaters.

The last song was WAYDNYE, and Clay sang it so wonderfully! It was a group skate, with the girls and guys skating in pairs. Sasha Cohen came out at the very end with skates for Clay, and held them out to him, as if to indicate that she wants to skate with him on New Year's Eve. It was very cute. There was canned music for a bit, and then Clay came out in skates. Clay was joined by Sasha and Surya as soon as he came out on the skates, and they skated arm-in-arm around the entire arena. He appeared less sure of himself on the skates than I've seen previously, probably because they were figure skates.

I watched the skaters, too, and they were wonderful! Some of the performances were really breathtaking. I especially enjoyed the pairs and the female skaters. There were several numbers done with prerecorded, non-Clay music.

Here is a list of the songs Clay sang, and the skaters who performed to the songs:

Christmas Waltz - Group Skate

DSIAFCD - Shae-Lynn Bourne

AIW - Todd Eldridge

Christmas Song - Sasha Cohen

Sleigh Ride - Phillippe Candaloro

MCWL - Jenni Mino & Todd Sand

Winter Wonderland - Sasha Cohen

WAYDNE - Group Skate

I had fun meeting with Farouche and Thankful4Clay after the show, and got to see their pictures and video. As a result, I'm getting to this recap pretty late. I'll probably remember more details tomorrow, but I'm tired now and should get to bed. I'll be traveling home tomorrow, but will post more if I can.

In landing a quad there's that element of suspense -- will he land it? YAY -- a QUAD! Scream Yell Applause The reaction to a quad is when the jump is completed -- not at lift off

But with Clay singing and hitting a big note, I don't think it should be reacted to like it's a big surprise or something. And, those notes he holds out and modulates and croons, I want to hear every nuance of them -- I'm for screams and applause when he ends the note.

I just want to hear every sound this man makes!!!!!

I do believe there is an element of suspense too on AIW...on any glory note really because the audience recognize that it is a very tough thing to do. Not all live performance will be perfect and the reaction I see as an acknowledgment of a job well done. I also believe that this reaction will always be there because of the history of this song. I just watched that performance...and I'm sorry, but I wanted to just jump out of my seat and scream too. I just think that if the audience was quiet at that part...I would miss it and would seem like a flat audience reaction. I just never expect a perfect audio on a live performance and the audience reaction is part of the deal for me.

I can't listen to this song on cellcert, it does make me nervous and the strength of his voice usually breaks up the sound and hurts my ears. On the video...WOW, he is sounding better than ever. The very very few imperfect tones I think was brought on by the dry air. What I love is how relaxed and confident he looked singing this song.

Now looking forward to more clack!!!! he looked ....CUTE!!!

SO what is it with this board and skunks...this morning I woke up to this strange odor all over the house...Hubby tells me a skunk has burrowed down under our dining room crawl space for te winter...GAH!!!

Anyway...hubby will put in some ammonia and moth balls to drive the skunk out. I think it was looking for some emergency shelter from the driving rain we had last night...

Spots skating video is up...totally cute

I do think he is not as used to figure skates cos the wobbliness happens when he has to stop and I think thats his inexperience with the toe pick. I know my daughters have an easier time with hockey skates.

Watched AIW again...and I loved how Clay would move his jaw down to open up his throat more to control that first big well. The cellcerters were saying that the air is so dry that they were losing their voice...so I suppose this was extra challenging for him last night.

I can;t wait to hear from Couchie and the others. Based on the two videos I;ve seen Couchie had the best Clay view so far!!!!

I really can't wait to see this on the telecast...I am so anxious to see how Todd interpreted AIW...I bet it was pretty dramatic. I also don;t think the available videos would hurt the show after seeing it. It really has a very limited scope. I do thi it may just promote it and make people want to see the show after seeing Clay;s great performance...

Clay looked sooo tall and manly in the midst of all those skaters...even beside Philippe...and specially having Surya and Sasha beside him...

Can't wait for other clack cos he just sounds and looks FANTASTIC and CUTE...

I can't find a clack file for Holiday on Ice. Where is it hiding?

I think its up on CH vault so it must be up on CU...its on TV appearaances, capital one holiday on ice folder

its been a while since I post hoed...but...

IMG_0237.jpg

and the hug...with Shaelyn bourne...

IMG_0227.jpg

so it was Shealyn that skated to DSIAFCD...I think...

Good Morning All,

19 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

45 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

48 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

61 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

74 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim