#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

Glad to hear the weather in DC isn't too bad today. We were v.v. lucky in the weather department - apparently after we got out of Kalamazoo, an icestorm hit, and some flights out were cancelled because of it. Our drive home was clear, and snow-free, but we woke up to about a foot of snow this morning, covered with a layer of ice. When I went out to the grocery store about an hour ago, it was raining. And it's supposed to freeze over again tonight and snow. Eeeeep.

I have been wallowing in clack this morning. I am in love with the audio from the tour, and can't wait to load it up onto my iPod. Right now I am stuck on the Kalamazoo version of MGUCL. I just love the way he starts out the song so simply, almost speaking more than singing, and then it grows and grows into the full out orchestrated version we've come to know and love. It's so effective. I wonder if he's been doing it this way since the first night? Hee, off to find out. :F_05BL17blowkiss: to all the concert goers tonight - safe travels! I'll be here for the cellcert.

Right now I am stuck on the Kalamazoo version of MGUCL. I just love the way he starts out the song so simply, almost speaking more than singing, and then it grows and grows into the full out orchestrated version we've come to know and love.

I love the face he makes when he sings " but I'm all grown up now" on his birthday -- it's endearing to the max.

I, too have been wallowing - well, more like drowning in an ocean of beautiful, confident luscious sound today. Watching the videos it's even more evident to me that this show is bringing us the next step in the evolution of Clay. He just oozes confidence, both in his voice and in his vision. I think that, more than anything is what is bringing people around to the show. He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.

Right now I am stuck on the Kalamazoo version of MGUCL. I just love the way he starts out the song so simply, almost speaking more than singing, and then it grows and grows into the full out orchestrated version we've come to know and love. It's so effective.

Heh, that's exactly what I said elsewhere last night... it's beautimous, isn't it?? I think Jesse arranged it this way and it's sorta like that the other nights, but K'zoo was really, really nice.

I've watched it umpteen gazillion times already.

Have fun tonight, DC goers!

I am so jellus of the Diva partygoers -- almost more so than the concert goers. I keep looking at flights to all the cities, even though I know I'm not taking any of them, somehow fake planning seems to be cheering me up. Hee!

My fangirly is in full blush, yo!

He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.

Definite thread title there...

Oh man, he was doing the storytelling beginning of MGUCL already in St. Louis, and I was FLOORED. I've always loved his version of the song, but this year, there is so much more nuance to it, and it is simply sublime. This is one instance where "subtle" is a great definition for Clay -- sometimes he can be as subtle as a frying pan to the head, but not with this. I'd say a light spatula tap on the head...

You guys were talking about the piece of clack you've watched over and over? Well, that was me yesterday with toni7babe's MGUCL from Kalamazoo, with the eyeroll. Love that.

I'm really thinking this show is striking a great balance between singing, emotion (via the stories) and his humor. He gave himself a bit of an "out" with the two sections where he can banter a bit -- but it's just the right amount IMO. I'd venture a guess, though, that he's told Jesse "if I start blabbering TOO much, just start in with DSIAFCD...." Heh.

My fangirly is in full blush, yo!

Oh man, another thread title....

You guys were talking about the piece of clack you've watched over and over? Well, that was me yesterday with toni7babe's MGUCL from Kalamazoo, with the eyeroll. Love that.

don't forget to post your recommendations in the thread cindilu started. Some of us can't get to the clack right away and dont want to miss the treasures.

Well, I'm not being sensible. At all. I REALLY, REALLY need to see this show again. And I have a lead on tickets to the Omaha show on the 21st - orchestra row C tickets, to be specific. The only problem is that I'm supposed to be at a huge rehearsal on the 22nd at 10:00 AM, for a performance on the 23rd. Yikes!! But maybe I can get them to change the rehearsal time to later that day. And, I need a partner in crime to go with me, preferably from the Denver area. Hopefully Reiki can get the time off. I don't know if it's really going to happen, but it sure would be fun. I could meet a few more FCAers, too, which would be great fun!

I have watched the jazz medley more times then I want to admit. Several times this am. It is raining here in Michigan after the snow, freezing rain we had last night. My husband had ski patrol today, so he is stuck there in the downpour at this time. Thank goodness it was not my day to patrol, I have it tomorrow and I hope they cancel. I have the week from Hell next week. Everyday is loaded to the max.

Today I have been baking all morning, watching videos while cookies in the oven Made four kinds so far. Peanut butter choc chip, choc. no bakes, molasses, and my middle sons favorite( it is ritz crackers with peanut butter placed between two, then dip in chocolate and sprinkles on top while cooling), If I did not make these he would be very upset. I still have three more kinds to make and candies, fudge,and sugared nuts to do. Some of these will have to be put off till the week after this.

I don't know if it's really going to happen, but it sure would be fun. I could meet a few more FCAers, too, which would be great fun!

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!

You know you won't regret it. You know you want to. You deserve it. You DO! Think of all the times you HAVE been sensible. Who knows when you'll get to see him in concert again? Who knows if there will even be a summer tour next year?

*exerts double arm twist*

this post brought to you by enablers-r-us :lipstick:

Attempting to put the Christmas Tree up; the cat thinks it is her private amusement park; she scurried up that thing so fast...any ideas on how to keep her out of it?

Kim

WORD to everyone about the clack....

Last night...I was crying watching the videos...MGUCL is my favorite and OHN has so much maturity then AIW...beautiful beginning and middle and the dramatic lighting was fantastic.

KAndre! My intelligence source tells me that you do in fact have both my cell phone number and that of Claygasm....

Use it, why don't you? <_<

Muski remembers stilettos with bling and adds...

please? :lilredani: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Neither rain nor sleet nor dark of daytime skies have kept us from our appointed rounds with Mr. HunkaBurnin'Love....we've braved the lousy weather and the absurdly designed streets of Washington DC to safely arrive at our hotel in Crystal City/Arlington. Now we're patiently waiting... :hangin: :PickMe-1: to hear our phones ring so that we can :affection: and :drinking34: and :yahoo: with more Clay pals...

So where IS everybody?

:noidea:

Well, I'm not being sensible. At all. I REALLY, REALLY need to see this show again. And I have a lead on tickets to the Omaha show on the 21st - orchestra row C tickets, to be specific. The only problem is that I'm supposed to be at a huge rehearsal on the 22nd at 10:00 AM, for a performance on the 23rd. Yikes!! But maybe I can get them to change the rehearsal time to later that day. And, I need a partner in crime to go with me, preferably from the Denver area. Hopefully Reiki can get the time off. I don't know if it's really going to happen, but it sure would be fun. I could meet a few more FCAers, too, which would be great fun!

I will not enable. I will not enable I will not enable. I will not enable. I will not enable.

I will not enable. I will not enable I will not enable. I will not enable. I will not enable.

:cryingwlaughter:

Jamar said:

You know you won't regret it. You know you want to. You deserve it. You DO! Think of all the times you HAVE been sensible. Who knows when you'll get to see him in concert again? Who knows if there will even be a summer tour next year?

Jamar - you're right, I've been sensible so many times! So maybe I won't be sensible this time. I just have to figure out how to get out of a few other obligations.

I'm dressed in my sparkly sweater, black pants, and heels (yikes!), makeup is in place, tickets, directions, etc. are ready to go. Just waiting for dd and dh to be ready. We are to leave at 4:00. If all goes well traffic-wise, it will take us about 1-1/2 hours to get to DC. That's always a big IF. DH wanted to leave at 5:00. Nope, I'm not taking any chances.

We'll be in Row F right next to Clay4Shore and her hubby.

P.S., Oh, great, dh just now got in the shower. So much for leaving at 4. He always does this. Should have told him we were leaving at 3.

:xmas07a:

Have a wonderful time, keldanker! And good luck with the traffic.

Gibby, are you flying or driving? If you are driving, would you happen to be coming through North Platte?

Just sayin'... :lilredani:

I'll be driving, and will go right through N. Platte on I80. Do you have a ticket to the concert? If not, I can get three tickets. Do you want to go? Say yes! Say yes!

Have a wonderful time, keldanker! And good luck with the traffic.

Gibby, are you flying or driving? If you are driving, would you happen to be coming through North Platte?

I'll be driving, and will go right through N. Platte on I80. Do you have a ticket to the concert? If not, I can get three tickets. Do you want to go? Say yes! Say yes!

It depends on when are you leaving. That's the last day of work for me before Christmas and I will have a hell of a time getting out of there without some serious trouble...but...if it's later in the day, it will be much easier to slip out.

I don't have a ticket. I sold mine.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

have fun all concert goers...we have two CITH virgins....I hope it was worth the wait for them...

can;t wait for all your reactions...say hi to FCA if you can...hee shout out if you guys end up on the cellcert....

keepingfaith, you're not the only member of the eHP who isn't in Washington today. I got back to Houston last night and have hit the ground running this morning, in a vain attempt to do a weeks worth of stuff in one day...but I am determined. I do have the necessary software open. It's here somewhere, lurking down there along the bottom of my screen, I'm sure of it. In the meantime, I just want to play. This past week in the mid-west was just incredible and my three concerts there sublime. Can't wait to see it again next week because once is never enough (is it Gibby?).....I guess that would be one block is never enough in this case but.....it's all the same. Someday, I'll get some time and will post a recap but for now all I have are a few pictures.

From South Bend:

227852389-L.jpg

227853536-L.jpg

227851998-L.jpg

And from Kalamazoo:

227719308-L.jpg

227719907-L.jpg

227720339-L.jpg

I'll keep working on them, there sure are a lot! But it isn't all that tough a job......can you believe that?

I WILL!!! I WILLL!!!

Do it, Gibby, Do it! Do it! You NEED to see this again.

See??? If you don't do it, JJ won't get to see a show, and IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT!! You don't want to carry that guilt around for the rest of your life, do you?

And those of us who've never met JJ would be soooooo disappointed. JaMar and I will be there, and Couchie. If you don't come, we may just have to talk about you. :cryingwlaughter:

Brought to you by Bookwhore, Certified Enabling Instructor.

Hi all! Muski is napping and I am just sitting here anxiously waiting until Clay sings to meeeeeeee!

No idea yet if we'll meet up with anyone before hand or wing it on our own.

I am very excited about tonight since I have not see one teeny weeny bit of clack!

But as excited as I am about tonight, I am equally nervous about getting out of here tomorrow morning. I MUST be at work by 10am and I think just getting out of DC could take me until then! I am HOPING to leave here by 6:30am. That alone will be a challenge!

But first I have a date with my boyfriend!

Karen Eh? those pictures are GORGEOUS!!! I sure hope there are no glasses tonight.......

The tree is all decorated; the cat decided to take a nap so I was able to get it done in relative peace...and my hubby was oh so helpful. From his perch on the couch where he was watching the Bears game he gave me some very good advice...like move the step stool closer to the tree so you don't have to reach so far...like it would kill him to get off his butt and put the ornaments on himself.

Okay, off to make dinner and clean up the burnt cookies that I forgot about when I was perched on the stool trying to reach the top of the tree...oh yeah, hubby made sure to point out to me that they were burning!

Kim