#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

Hi everyone!

I am hoping PuddinsJoy and I can still make it to Omaha Friday. Much of our area including us have been without power since 12/11. They are hoping to have it back on by 12/22.

I'll check back later.

My sympathies to you and everyone without electricity because this week has been very stressful without it, heat and water. We were told we might not have electricity for 2 weeks so I spent 6 days trying to find a generator, purchase it, and get someone to help me lift it out of the car, read the instructions by flashlight and then seconds before I cranked it up, my electricity came back on. I'm not complaining though, it was just bizarre how it happened right before I pulled the cord.

{{{{{{{{{{{CG}}}}}}}}}}}}

Crossing my fingers and everything else that will cross for good enough weather and a great concert!!! Have a great time, those who are going!!!

It's interesting to me that we only got that one recap of THE M&G. I guess the others decided to keep their feelings to themself.

And I hope they continue to do so. I see I've missed a lot of drama this past week but I read a few threads and some people seemed to be getting annoyed that the M&Gs aren't talking. I'm proud of them for keeping it to themselves and I hope they continue to do so.

playbiller

rather than worshiping some fan
This has been a problem from the beginning of this fandom. Too many fans following others and being loyal without questioning. And those that spoke up when we saw the danger or harm that could befall the fandom were villified. It's still happening and it's scary how easily people are taken in by these demagogues.

{{{{claygasm and dad}}}} May you find peace, comfort, laughter and love with each other during this time.

Unfortunately, djs111, there are a lot of people in the online fandom who do give more weight to some people's opinions and posts. An awful lot.

Yeah, I know, and it sometimes cracks me up, sometimes it is a bit sad.

I don't know why anyone would give more weight to an opinion that is, after all, subjective.

Even if they come from rocket scientists or someone who had dinner with an expert.

I am cynical about all of it, really, I just like the fun parts.

This fandom thing brought me out of the severe funky depression I was in when my boyfriend died, and I am only here for the Happy, I don't honestly see the point in anything else, but that is just me.

Pretty much 80% of the stuff I read in some places comes right out of Agendas'R'Us.

I don't know who to not believe the most!

:goaround:

BWAH

You worded it perfectly! I've been feeling the same way, but couldn't figure out how to say it without sounding like a whiney-assed bitch. :cryingwlaughter:

Double blah

yeah I know what you mean. . thankfully I wasn't important enough to be contacted by "clay." BWAH

Heeeee.....I just realised I never have considered anyone who posts as an Important Fan or Prominent Fan - I guess I just have categories like Sure Posts A Lot, Is Sometimes V. Funny, Usually Brings Good Stuff Like Numbers or Clack, Seems To Not Actually Like Clay, Is Oddly Bossy, Is Weirdly Preoccupied with Clay's Family and Personal Life, Gives Good Recap, Seems Like an Interesting Person, etc.

I am sure I have my own category, too!

But I do not consider anyone on any board more prominent or whatever, and absolutely no one is an Important Fan, that is ludicrous. Well, okay, KAndre, but that is IT!

Wow! The stories and counterstories and explanations are really starting to get bizarre. And numerous. Funny seeing people take credit for stuff other people vehemently deny. In any event, the practice of stalking other posters, gathering their posts, and deciding if they are a Bad Fan and then publishing their personal information puts people in the Posters I Would Not Want to Meet Under Any Circumstances Category. Blecccch.

:cryingwlaughter:

Pretty much covers it.

Pretty much 80% of the stuff I read in some places comes right out of Agendas'R'Us.

Yep, pretty hard to find just some good ol' face-value posting anymore. That's why you'll always see me fightin' for the genuine people. Even if they bitch about Clay a little. At least they are just being genuine, not trying to sell anything to anyone. That's all I want from people, personally.

eta... *snort* bottle!!!

Well I am highly disappointed that the usual members of the ClayNation who study Clay's blogs for "clues" like they were the Rosetta Stone didn't interpret and expound on the Riches blog from back in June for the rest of us. After all, It's pretty obvious that Clay's references to a TV show about a family of grifters who assume false identities to scam people were warnings about the fake baby mama and her cronies. D'oh!

Maybe the sooper sekrit decoder rings only work on the RCA stuff. :imgtongue:

Well I am highly disappointed that the usual members of the ClayNation who study Clay's blogs for "clues" like they were the Rosetta Stone didn't interpret and expound on the Riches blog from back in June for the rest of us. After all, It's pretty obvious that Clay's references to a TV show about a family of grifters who assume false identities to scam people were warnings about the fake baby mama and her cronies. D'oh!

Maybe the sooper sekrit decoder rings only work on the RCA stuff. :imgtongue:

OK and on that note.. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Lord I think I need to laugh about this whole thing to keep from just saying WHAT THE FUCK over and over and over and over again.

The more I read, the more I realize, I appreciate being "NOBODY"...

I was never a cool kid growing up and I'm still not a cool kid... not part of the in crowd, yada, yada... I'm thinking that's a pretty good place to be... I enjoy my fandom as simple and as uncomplicated as it is, thankyouverymuch. More joy and fun that way.

This whole thing really blows my mind... I'm stunned at what's been going on... and soooo glad I'm not caught up in it...

Back to my cave...

Hi everyone!

I am hoping PuddinsJoy and I can still make it to Omaha Friday. Much of our area including us have been without power since 12/11. They are hoping to have it back on by 12/22.

I'll check back later.

How awful not having power that long!! You must be freezing and starving!! Please take care of yourself and go someplace to get warm whenever you can.

Here safely and easily...no problem with the roads at all...and SO glad I came! Tomorrow is another day :)

I can hear Clay practising in the venue under my window....eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Thank you so much for checking in with us. Can't wait for the cellcert tonight!

wow no power since 12/11... eek. I hope to see you in Omaha.

Yep, pretty hard to find just some good ol' face-value posting anymore. That's why you'll always see me fightin' for the genuine people. Even if they bitch about Clay a little. At least they are just being genuine, not trying to sell anything to anyone. That's all I want from people, personally.

YSRN... you make a good point.

Unfortunately, djs111, there are a lot of people in the online fandom who do give more weight to some people's opinions and posts. An awful lot.

Ain't that the truth! I am truly amazed at the amount of ass-kissing that goes on in the fandom and that is probably one reason why I tend to end up on a few shit-lists because I refuse to do it and pointed out flaws in their logic a time or two.

Unfortunately, there are too many fans who are totally invested in their board popularity and that kind of power can be very dangerous.

Kim

djs said... Pretty much 80% of the stuff I read in some places comes right out of Agendas'R'Us.
Bolding mine...

djs... BWAH!!! Especially the bolded part!

I have read negative post after negative post by some and just scratched my head as to why they were even in the fandom... Agendas 'R Us explains everything. BWAH!!! Thanks for that insight!

I'm curious as to how much a good cyber detective costs and what else he is having investigated. GO Clay!!!

Off to deliver some gifts...

Have I mentioned that I NEVER believe any negative shit about Clay. About RCA. About Faye. About Roger. About BAF. About anyone connected with Clay or anything he says or does.

As far as I'm concerned, the man's a goddamn saint, and I'm the frigging lead angel in the choir.

Heeeee.....I just realised I never have considered anyone who posts as an Important Fan or Prominent Fan - I guess I just have categories like Sure Posts A Lot, Is Sometimes V. Funny, Usually Brings Good Stuff Like Numbers or Clack, Seems To Not Actually Like Clay, Is Oddly Bossy, Is Weirdly Preoccupied with Clay's Family and Personal Life, Gives Good Recap, Seems Like an Interesting Person, etc.

I am sure I have my own category, too!

Whew! djs! I kept reading, waiting for "Is Weirdly Preoccupied with Clay's Personal Attributes, Espeicially Those Below The Waist and Above the Knees and Between the Thighs"....and when I never saw it in your list, I was oddly both relieved and a bit up.set.

You never read my posts?

You never read my posts?

Bwah! Actually, I had to edit my list, because it was getting so long (that one's for YOU!) that I was gonna have to number it or something. And if I made a complete list, people might start assigning names, and that should really only be done mentally.

But yes, you are firmly (hey! there's another gift!) ensconced in "Is Weirdly Preoccupied with Clay's Personal Attributes, Espeicially Those Below The Waist and Above the Knees and Between the Thighs". Although I don't think it is weird at all!

If I made a real list it would be way too pointy, and that is not what I am here for!

I would put it in a skit!

PuddinsJoy called me this morning and her power came back on and mine just came back on about an hour ago. I've never been so excited to hear the furnace kick on.

Regardless of our crappy week, PuddinsJoy and I will be in Omaha if we have to walk to get there.

PuddinsJoy called me this morning and her power came back on and mine just came back on about an hour ago. I've never been so excited to hear the furnace kick on.

Regardless of our crappy week, PuddinsJoy and I will be in Omaha if we have to walk to get there.

:nana: That's great news!

reindeer_1.gif <=Sounds like we could use some help from this guy for concertgoing transport in the week coming up.

I can't add any more to this than a rousing Amen!

I'm heading to the grocery store now to give them mumbley-million dollars to re-stock the fridge and freezers. Oh well, good excuse to knock out that DingDong that had somehow glued itself to the far back freezer recesses. Dang! I missed out on a perfectly good DingDong somewhere along the line! <g>

Thanks for the warm thoughts everyone - even the 8" of snow that Meesa and I had this morning, on top of the inch of ice on Tuesday, hasn't cooled our jets on getting to Omaha and seeing Clay again AND meeting us some FCA's!

I just noticed I'm full of "temperature" references - think I'm liable to forget a 45 degree house - seeing my own breath in the dining room? anytime soon? Anyone want to take a guess at what happens to aquarium fish at 45 degrees? Uh yeah, probably not *g*

BWAH - I'm jellus - BC has a cuter emoticon that me hurumph

And for some reason YSRN is chading a pig and threatening it? Like pork much?

OK, Fear is wrapping again and wants me to keep her up on the rumors, but I had to clear my garage to put the car in because of a new more hailoriented ice storm coming. What ever happened to snow near me? The soup is cooking and I am checkking PMs for addresses as I pack things and I made a bit more dent in cleaning my dining room. Idol hands are the devil's plaything, heh, right Clay?

BWAH!!

Yep, an awful lot. But I'm not one of them. Nyah, nyah nyah to them!! I'm adult and can evaluate information and think for myself, thank you very much.

Have I mentioned that I NEVER believe any negative shit about Clay. About RCA. About Faye. About Roger. About BAF. About anyone connected with Clay or anything he says or does.

As far as I'm concerned, the man's a goddamn saint, and I'm the frigging lead angel in the choir.

I always wondered why we have these emoticons here at FCA, and now I know why. They're for wanda! :28: :31: :29: :30: Heeeee.

YAY for electricity and heat!!!! I hope to see you in Omaha!

BWAH - I'm jellus - BC has a cuter emoticon that me hurumph

And for some reason YSRN is chasing a pig and threatening it? Like pork much?

play, I suspect we're going to the same animation site.

reindeer_4.gif

And I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to figure out YSRN's avi. :imgtongue:

Speaking of that...er...thing that I'm "Weirdly Preoccupied with Clay's Personal Attributes, Espeicially Those Below The Waist and Above the Knees and Between the Thighs".....

sigh...

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

Have I ever mentioned that I truly love ths picture?

And if wandacleo gets all those angel type thingies, I claim..

:naughty2: :th74: :pinkhandcuffsf::lipstick::XmasRed: :17f71c4d: :hubbahubba: :23: :19:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to the FCA

Guess what? Even in my small frozen corner of the world I heard a rumour that FCA was that board who thought they were better than everyone else and just spent all their time criticizing other larger boards. I laughed and laughed. It's tough trying to just have fun isn't it?

spikesmom said it just perfectly,

The more I read, the more I realize, I appreciate being "NOBODY"...

I was never a cool kid growing up and I'm still not a cool kid... not part of the in crowd, yada, yada... I'm thinking that's a pretty good place to be... I enjoy my fandom as simple and as uncomplicated as it is, thankyouverymuch. More joy and fun that way.

This whole thing really blows my mind... I'm stunned at what's been going on... and soooo glad I'm not caught up in it... Back to my cave...

Regarding the present disgusting disaster Clay has to deal with, it makes me want to run fast and far in the opposite direction. Trouble is one doesn't always have the choice when things like this suck good friends into the muck. It's painful to leave them there when they refuse to open their eyes, and even more uncomfortable to walk away from them if it comes to that. Ironically these fans may just want to "know stuff" and what a powerful lure curiousity and so called priveleged knowledge can be.

My respect goes to the people who can remain themselves; unchanged and uninfluences by the by the seemingly uncanny pull and push of the fandom.

People apparently give up their ability to think logically when one of the big names state what they think they know.

The respect I lost for those people can never be regained from me. Too much damage was done, IMO. And some of them were my friends.

I am praying very hard for all of you in your travels and hoping that you will be safe and warm after the adventure of going to another Clay concert. It's always been worth it for me so far. Of course that's my opinion, not my husbands. hee

Claygasm, my thoughts are especially with you and your father. We walked that excrutiating journey of pancreatic cancer with a dear family member. I pray that the course of your dad's illness will still allow for good quality time together.

So seriously, what the hell is wrong with the fan club management? 10:30 pm the night before the concert and still no M&G emails (reported at least). I don't expect to win (or even make it to the concert at this point) but it's just effing ridiculous.