#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

I'm also a Moulin Rouge lover. My sister and I started watching it one day and after ten minutes she made me turn it off. I think I agreed with her. But after she left I watched the whole thing and just loved it. Have never been able to convince her to watch it though.

I saw Moulin Rouge at the theatre on opening day, in the afternoon, alone, but I can't remember why. I was one of about five people tops in the whole theatre and had no preconceptions about the movie. About thirty minutes in, I was thinking somebody put acid in the popcorn.

:cryingwlaughter:

Hee, I was another one who watched the first 10 minutes of Moulin Rouge and turned it off, thinking it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. But recently, cindilu2 convinced me to give it another chance, so I did. I appreciated it much more the 2nd time around. *g* Plus, Ewan McGregor's vocals are to die for.

JennaZ

Saw Sweeney Todd a few days ago. Not bad musically or dramatically, but JEEZ! it's bloody. Even my husband, who loves to watch Ultimate Fighting, said he was turned off by how bloody it was.

I was very sorry to see from the reviews that Tim Burton made this "artistic choice" and that the movie had an R rating. In an interview, he said he viewed the blood as a 'character' (and reverenced Monty Python gushiness) and that he was going for "horror". I wanted to tell him that he's certainly free to make the movie he envisioned, but by making it so gory, he prevented many of his teenage fans from even getting to see it. But hey, it's Johnny Depp/Tim Burton! Therefore, required viewing for my 16 year old. Unfortunately, the 14 year old won't get to go. To me, there's a difference in letting the kid watch "Gladiator" and "The Patriot", both bloody movies...and watching a bloody movie about a serial revenge killer, even one who sings. heh

jumpingjacks

I love Moulin Rouge...I watched it with a good friend and after the first 10 min. we looked at each other and said "what the hell was that????????" Then we rewound it and watched it again.

Bwah!

Well, and keep in mind Clay's reaction to seeing "Spamalot" for the first time. hee

ETA:

Support Clay Aiken and the United States Fund for UNICEF!

progress92.jpg

Progress: 92%

Raised: $ 92105 Goal: $ 100000

:clap:

Now it's at 95%. :nana:

I'll admit that the slow start made me skeptical that the Clay Nation would hit the $100,000 goal in the short time frame. I'm so glad I was wrong! And I think this is a case of "Just Us" this time around, too. GO US!

bananacheer.gifbananajoy.gifbanana-computer.gifbanana6.gif

Yes, I just really dislike the Harry Potter books (my son freakin' loves the stuff) and seriously dislike the characters of Harry Potter (within the first two chapter I just wanted to smack him). Give me the Chronicles of Prydain any day of the week. Even the Eddings series (which went on about 4 books too long). LoTR? Liked the movies - but LOVED the books. Enough of a fangirl to be seriously annoyed with the stuff they left out - I neeeeeed my Tom Bombadil - and the cleansing of Shire is IMPORTANT, dammit!

Yes, yes, and yes again. Sorry, but i'm of the school that thinks the HP books are poorly written, devoid of real character development and have the most absurd plots of any fantasy genre I've read and I've read lots.

Lloyd Alexander could write and Tolkein was a master of the English language. I used his book on "The Pearl" long before I knew anything about LoTR. In fact, it might have been before they were published. God, I'm old! Peter Jackson did a wonderful job, as well as the entire cast. I've watched all of the behind the scenes sequences on the extended DVDs - I think they are longer than the movies. When I want to veg, it's a LoTR marathon. That or Jane Austen! Six hours of P&P? Sounds good to me.

Geez what a bunch of Chatty Cathys. Make that dysfunctional Chatty Cathys..........Bwah :cryingwlaughter: I keed I keed. Interesting reading about people's backgrounds.

playbiller thanks for posting the KLo video. I bet she looked. Living in the same house together I bet she's seen him naked, or almost naked, once or twice. Lucky dog. Karen 'eh I hope you get to feeling better soon. Pneumonia is serious business. Once you have it you are prone to getting it again. I had it 3 times in one year, when I was in my twenties. Had to be hospitalized for it two of the 3 times. Takes a long time to rebuild your strength and energy. So take care. keepingfaith, same for you. Take care of that finger. You don't want infection setting in. wandacleo, that was a funny joke. I think we need a thread for posting jokes and cartoons. Speaking of jokes and buying presents for the little lady, reminds me of this joke. It is an older one but still cracks me up.

Menopause Jewelry

My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings,

bought me a mood ring the other day so he would be able to monitor my moods.

We've discovered that when I'm in a good mood, it

turns green.

When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a big fucking red

mark on his forehead.

Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond.

What a Dumb ass he is..

I am not a lover of musicals. I have watched some and enjoyed them but, for the most part I don't care for them. I always thought it was stupid to sing your lines in a movie. *g* People don't do that in real life. I didn't like sound of music. The musicals that I have seen and liked were Moulin Rouge, Grease, Hairspray, and I wish I had of seen Chicago, because I am a huge fan of Richard Gere. He is dreamy. (Tm. ldyjocelyn) I prefer to watch the movies of things like Harry Potter, and Lord Of The Rings, instead of reading the books. I love the special effects in the movies.

I doubt that I will stay awake untill midnight. I do think I might polish off that bottle of Pomegrante liquor and watch some more of season 3 of Lost. I have watched 3 out of 7 cds so far.

UNICEF: 95%

I feel like a gambling addict. Everytime I check the site and see the number, I have an overwhelming desire to send more money. Thank God this is the last day or I'll be broke!

Clay don't need no stinkin' blog - he is probably over already and they are behind in updating the figures - that is my story and I am sticking to it!

ETA - see I went and looked and it was 96% - I think they are just waiting fora big New Year's ending! Maybe a field note from Clay thanking everyone.

Clay don't need no stinkin' blog - he is probably over already and they are behind in updating the figures - that is my story and I am sticking to it!

ETA - see I went and looked and it was 96% - I think they are just waiting fora big New Year's ending! Maybe a field note from Clay thanking everyone.

I don't think so - the amount changes immediately when your donation goes through. I did mine quite late at night, and it went up the exact amount of my donation as soon as I was done.

However, that doesn't include the last minute people who have mailed in their donation. Maybe the behind the scenes people are counting those. I know some people did that, and emailed them with the amount -no idea if that counts in the thermometer though.

Does anyone remember the Afghanistan fundraiser--was the target amount $50,000 or $100,000? My memory (along with my boobs) is failing me.

I was very sorry to see from the reviews that Tim Burton made this "artistic choice" and that the movie had an R rating. In an interview, he said he viewed the blood as a 'character' (and reverenced Monty Python gushiness) and that he was going for "horror". I wanted to tell him that he's certainly free to make the movie he envisioned, but by making it so gory, he prevented many of his teenage fans from even getting to see it. But hey, it's Johnny Depp/Tim Burton! Therefore, required viewing for my 16 year old.

Hee, I asked my 16 yo if he wanted to go see it with me, and he said no.

I'll admit that the slow start made me skeptical that the Clay Nation would hit the $100,000 goal in the short time frame. I'm so glad I was wrong! And I think this is a case of "Just Us" this time around, too. GO US!

I'm not so sure that this one is just us......it's been pretty steady, and usually something that is "just us" has a huge beginning and then kind of peters off. Either way, I'm thrilled to see him so close to the goal!

Yay I'm so glad he's going to make it. I've been scrounging my couch for loose change..and I'm only half joking.

I think it was also 100K last time as well.

OK off to make black eye peas for good luck. Do we have a rolling eyes emoticon..but my mom will nag me until they are made. Any other New Years Traditions out there.

I think the fundraiser started a little slowly (it's been pretty steady actually) because it's Christmas and people are busy, tired, and broke. Now that it's over, we can all breathe a little and see if we have any money left.

I want to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm staying home, as I usually do, and enjoying the madness from afar. For those of you going out, have a safe and wonderful time. The last time we went out on New Year's eve was so long ago I can't remember. My ex got really drunk and sick and we didn't do that again.

BRING ON 2008!

Yay I'm so glad he's going to make it. I've been scrounging my couch for loose change..and I'm only half joking.

I think it was also 100K last time as well.

OK off to make black eye peas for good luck. Do we have a rolling eyes emoticon..but my mom will nag me until they are made. Any other New Years Traditions out there.

Yup, it was 100K, and I believe it capped off around $175K. Different circumstances and time of year I'm sure made this one more of a challenge. I am honestly surprised, and incredibly happy that he's going to make it. All the lust and smut and angst aside, I really, really do admire him so very much. He's mumblety years younger than me, and yet he inspires me daily. I'll unashamedly steal from Mr. Nicholson and say, he makes me want to be a better person.

Black eye peas for luck? I hadn't heard that one before!

My family is scattered to the wind, and without my parents around to draw us together, pretty much all the traditions I knew growing up are gone now. So my tradition these past few years has been to pour myself a glass of wine and watch the ball drop with my friends here in Clay Nation. I'm glad to share it with you!!!

I do believe I'll listen to Dan Fogleberg this year though. Another Old Lang Syne. *sniff*