#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

Quick LOTR story

I read the books in college and then again after I graduated and had to spend the summer babysitting my brothers while my Mom worked, since I lost my first job before it started due to ... Iread he books again and started translating the elven and other languages again ...

After I was married and had to get up for work at 6AM and was married to a distruptive person - anyway I found this show "Reading Aloud" that had a guy reading books at 11PM it was fantastic and soothing. Well, the station was sold and became a top 40 radio station and they wanted this guy to wind up reading and they told him he could only read one more book - He picked Lord ofthe rings - it was so fantastic listening to him read the voices and the different languages, it made iot all come to life again., how I wish I had taped this show, but it ran for 18 more months after he started reading. That would have been a lot of tape, but worth it in the long run. It was the complete books read by a professional reader. I have seen tapes since then, but never bought them since I believe they are severely edited.

OK! 101 % NOW we need a blog!!!

:04: :Pogo0::manynanas:

I'm so proud right at the moment.

OTOH....plumbing problems at our house. We think one of the drains in the basement floor is clogged. When we were watching movies this afternoon, I was also going to do laundry. Guess not. Damn it.

Anyway, back to celebrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then we're moving on to House. I've never seen any of those.

OOh, couchie, you're in for a treat...we all love House at my house...heh.

So happy about the goal being met for UNICEF...and so proud Clay is associated with that organization...I'm also bursting at the seams (what's new) with pride, knowing that UNICEF is happy with Ambassador Aiken, too. :wub:

My first time online today! Amazing. It's 2:20 pm here! I had set as MY one goal for this time off work to clean out my clothes closet, so that's what I've been doing. Took a big bag of stuff to Goodwill; threw out another big bag of long-dead clothing; and folded a huge hunk of clothes that I can't fit into now...gonna put them in a box (or two) and file them away in the garage. If when I can fit into them again, I'll exhume them; if they've gone moldy or holey from mice nibbles, then so be it; if not, I'll decide if I still want them. But at least they're out of my way now.

Now I need to trim younger daughter's straggly hair. Gawd, it looks horrible, and although I'm not making her cut it or actually (shudder) get a....you know...STYLE to it, I AM insisting that she let me even the raggedy shit at the end of that yucky mess. Then I think I'll give myself a manicure and pedicure and figure out what I can wear tonight for my big date with hubby that will

A. be comfortable enough to dance in

B. be dressy enough to fit the occasion

C. be sexy

D. hide the extra pounds I've gained since the last time I wore something to look sexy :cry4:

Wish me a miracle luck! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: yes, couchie...I know you can see how many times (2 3 4)I edited... :cryingwlaughter: --don't let all that admin power go to your head, 'kay?

ETA: yes, couchie...I know you can see how many times (2 3 4)I edited... :cryingwlaughter: --don't let all that admin power go to your head, 'kay?

bwah..but take heart Muski (and Jamar :cryingwlaughter: ) I have no idea how much you are editing.

Read some of the flap flap.

But - has no one noted that Jesse must be planning to take his suit back to the vendor???

The tag is right there on the left sleeve of his jacket. Unclipped. Unremoved! Just right there!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

bwah...what? Jesse just committed the crime of the century!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Yes, yes, and yes again. Sorry, but i'm of the school that thinks the HP books are poorly written, devoid of real character development and have the most absurd plots of any fantasy genre I've read and I've read lots. <snip>

Tolkien was a master of the English language. That or Jane Austen! Six hours of P&P? Sounds good to me.

:bier: I'll drink to that!!!!! My son and I just had a huge argument discussion over lunch about whether or not Harry Potter should be considered "literature".

Big Big Hugs to Kareneh who will be getting an email or some sort of communication from me sometime soooooon this year or the next. I know you all realize she has been pretty sick but I became concerned about her "health" shortly after I received my birthday present from her in the mail.

Keep it behind your masks girls, but I think we should pull out all the stops, hug emoticons, and positive thought waves we can.

rofl_2.gif Sorry Karen, I do love you, I reeeeeeally do! :hugs-1:

New Years Eve? A church supper, and a quiet evening at home. My two sons, 25 and 22 just left after being home for a week, and I need to recover my territory. And seeing as gingerale is still my drink of choice after my Minneapolis fling, hubby will have to have his champagne alone.

THANKS FOR A REALLY GREAT SIX MONTHS FCA!!!!! :da_best:

:bye6:

Best not be too early, bottlecap! As you see I already started! Just the cyber kind, though!

I'm watching some skaters and that Clay Aiken guy!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Wonder where Mr. Aiken is? I reckon he's in NYC already, but who knows? I just hope he has someone to kiss at midnight!

I have a 37 yr old niece who doesn't have anyone to kiss. And no body invited her to any kind of New year's gathering. It sucks. My poor Sis is crying over the fact that she is her DD's social life. I wish she could meet someone who would see her good qualities. She's not a Barbie, has had health issues that got in the way. And now everyone is either married, gay, or into drinking, partying, etc. It's sad, really. Especially for a single woman her age.

:bier: I'll drink to that!!!!! My son and I just had a huge argument discussion over lunch about whether or not Harry Potter should be considered "literature".

I think HP will eventually be like all those Best Sellers gathering dust in my basement or available from Amazon for $0.01.

That said, I wouldn't mind having Rowlins' income!

But is your niece happy Cotton...or is she as unhappy as the mother. Sometimes parents want for their kids what they don't want for themseves. I'm a perfectly happy single person but still get those looks of concern every now and then. Or maybe they finally stoppoed since its a lost cause :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

God can you guys believe it's been 5 years already. And in this fickle business our guy is still going strong. I really love that he loves to tour and that he can do it in nice comfy places. I'm thrilled that he's doing something as prestigious as a broadway show. And I love that it's a comedy and something so different for him. I can't wait to hear this accent. We just saw him on national TV and he's still working with a major lable on an album. (I know how people feel about RCA but I would NEVER NEVER NEVER want him to be dropped from a label but could care less if he ever moved on by his own design). And last but not least..he's still making a difference in all kinds of ways. I look forward to 2008. It's kinda nice to know where he'll be the fist half of the year.

I'm a happy single female...a few years older than the niece...I always thought I'd be married but guess it just wasn't meant to be. I think about all the things I do that would probably drive a husband nuts...including flying to NYC to see Clay!

Happy New Year FCAers!!

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! on reaching beyond the goal!!

I just made a new wallpaper!!

mexWP-WSsm.jpg

you can find this full-sized, both wide-screen and regular here:

HAPPY NEW YEAR CLAY & UNICEF!

I may have to adjust the regular one, but it won't distort on your screen!

Have you seen this new photo I used for the wallpaper?? :hubbahubba:

prnphotos067933-U.S.-FUND-FOR-UNICE.jpg

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

LoTR - For years, people told me that as someone who loved fantasy, I had to read the series. Could never get into The Hobbit, and so I never read the rest of the books.

Jenna... I started reading LOTR and just got bogged down... put it away, tried again, put it away, till finally someone said to start at the end of the hobbit part and skip the first 50 pages or so. I did and couldn't put it down. Actually read The Hobbit after the other books. It wasn't nearly as good but I read it for back fill of the story of Bilbo.

Peter Jackson did an AWESOME job of making those movies and deserved 20 Oscars! I LOVE to watch the "making of" and listening to the narration as much as watching the movies themselves.

zena... any written word that can get so many to read a whole series of books, some of them very long, is literature in my book. There are better written books, there are better characters, there are more imagative plots, but none of them got millions reading, especially kids. Whether they will ever be a part of any English Lit classes is debatable/arguable *g*, but they have given me HOURS of pleasure!

CONGRATS to the ClayNation for exceeding our UNICEF goal... we rock!!!

I'm going to a friends house to spend the night and the day tomorrow. Last year we watched the ball drop in NYC in real time (9am our time), did a New Year's meditation and were sawing logs by 10:30pm. Great way to go in my book. Staying up till midnight hurts, since my body does not understand the whole sleeping in thing! BWAH!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, FCA!!! Love you one and all!