#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

ISO - another shot of Baileys....... Funny thing happened... I was sitting here reading and someone (I won't say who) mentioned having a bottle of Baileys nearby. So I went rustling in the cabinet for some which I knew we must have. All I found was a single shot bottle that arrived in my stocking. I seized it and brought it back here with a shot glass. Then I poured it in and drank a bit til it needed replenishing. I wasn't paying attention and unscrewed a bottle in front of me and poured a drop in my glass. Looking down, I realized in horror that it wasn't Baileys I poured -- but NAIL POLISH!! yes folks, I ended up drinking a drop of nail polish tonight. So if you never hear from me again, please know I will miss you all!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Who will take my opening night Spamalot seat?????

-----

Just a few notes on the posts I just read....

___

I join in the Legolas love.... In fact Legolas has been coming to our parties for a couple of years!! Here's the visual evidence....

legolas.jpg

From the Halloween party, but someone has already borrowed his wig!!

YSRN - I would love to have your Biscotti recipe!!

ansa - what companion pieces to LOTR do you have?? I hope you are not talking about the Silmarilion! I don't know if I can ever read that!

I am making some black-eyed peas for tomorrow too. But I have to admit I really prefer the canned variety! I tried making from scratch once and they were just not right. The canned ones taste fiiiiine!!

~~~

HERE'S TO 2008......... IN SNARKINESS AND IN CLAY......... I SALUTE YOU!

(2008 just arrived on the west coast!!) :bier: :nanaonacid::manynanas::chacha::confetti2::confetti2::confetti2:

and drink to your continued health and prosperity!!

(even if it's laced with nail polish!!) :rainbowsmile:

BWAH about the nail polish. I also got a one shot Baileys bottle for Christmas but hubby placed it in Caits stocking...hee that was a surprise...

made waffles and 4 berry sauce for brunch this morning and I can't seem to stop eating...hee.

black eyed peas...I think we may have some in the cupboard....might try some of those recipes but I never heard of this tradition so I think it may not be common here in Quebec..

Cha cha ...up its the silmarillion...and when I read it I was really so into the LOTR that I didn't re reading parts I had a hard time understanding. I just got it out to check and I can;t beleive I actually read those pages. Just reading the chapter names was making my head spin...hee

I plan to veg today...lots of food for left overs ....have a good day to all

((((soulsistah4clay and mr Clayzor))))

Nope. I've never had that, but it sounds good. Hows your finger today? Are we going to have to add klutz to your persona? :cryingwlaughter:

Add? Add? It's now my middle name: Gimpy Klutz Keepingfaith. If there's a door I can walk into, I'm headed that way ...

My thumb sucks. Was at Randall's yesterday and reached for a frozen pizza which slid out of my right hand and the corner of the box landed with force on the very exact cut location of my left thumb necessary to open it right up through the heavy bandage ... I won't go into it.

KAndre thinks I eschew doctors and medical attention. Contrare. I just know the drill by now. I spent the first twelve to fourteen years of my life in hospitals, clinics, and doctors' offices -- I had severe asthma, was allergic to life on Earth, couldn't see, contracted every childhood illness in circulation, had several surgeries, but never had accidents because I wasn't allowed to do anything, and only got to go outside when Jupiter aligned with Mars. My childbearing years were fabulous -- I was totally healthy for those years -- those child-bearing immunities are fantastic! But that's all over now, baby blue. I've entered my serious klutz period -- breaking my toes on the legs of furniture, cuts, bruises that I have no idea where they came from, twisting my ankle stepping off a curb, breaking my pinky finger playing water volleyball, burning myself in the kitchen, cutting myself in the kitchen, okay that's enough, huh? I've had it all, I've done it all ... I don't need no doctah ... I need a padded room. Or as my son says ... SLOW DOWN!

Keepingfaith (or should that be Gimpy Klutz Keepingfaith?), you do realize that the admins could possibly, just possibly, change your display name here at FCA? Just sayin'. You may want to ask lickiest1 and Kareneh about that....

I've known about the black-eyed peas tradition -- my Mom would tell me about it, that she did it when she was a kid. However, we never did it when I was growing up, so it doesn't even register for me. Clayzor, that dip recipe sounds wonderful though.

{{{{{MrClayzorback and his beautiful wife}}}}}}}

soulsistah -- just take it one day at a time, and as Clay will be singing soon in Spamalot -- "look at the bright side of life!"

My own personal New Year's Resolution is to cut down on the gnat population. I know I have certain gnats in my life -- both in the real world and in this fandom. These are people that "push my buttons", for whatever reason. My resolution is to ignore them! It may seem wimpy to some to do this, but I think in the long run (and that's key here), it makes life so much better. I think Clay has done a fantastic job of this, and if I can follow half of his example....

May everyone have a healthy and prosperous new year. And I hope that Clay has personal and professional happiness in the coming year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FCA!!!

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy, prosperous and Clay-filled 2008.

I'm concerned that my first opportunity to go to NY for Spamalot will be in March during Spring Break. Anyone going in March? Or should I wait until April for the second wave of eHP? Decisions, decisions.

Me! Meeeeeeee!! Goldarngirl and I are headed there Easter weekend. It's my only opportunity, as I seem to have spent my (limited) vacation time chasing some young man all over the country. Our vacation year goes June - June.

No blackeyed peas up here except on the radio, the radio...I plan on spending most of my day working on the various art projects spread all over the table in my studio room.

I'm concerned that my first opportunity to go to NY for Spamalot will be in March during Spring Break. Anyone going in March? Or should I wait until April for the second wave of eHP? Decisions, decisions.

Me! Meeeeeeee!! Goldarngirl and I are headed there Easter weekend. It's my only opportunity, as I seem to have spent my (limited) vacation time chasing some young man all over the country. Our vacation year goes June - June.

No blackeyed peas up here except on the radio, the radio...I plan on spending most of my day working on the various art projects spread all over the table in my studio room.

Me too, we are going March 12th. Heh, and when I mentioned black eyed peas for New Years to my gang this morning, they responded with "that's a band" as well. Although it does sound yummy to me!

I've been going through some gorgeous CITH pictures this morning. Here are a random few for your viewing pleasure. (First one is by tsunamimommy, rest are tagged)

232751275-L.jpg

237184541-L.jpg

229550532-L.jpg

516NewBrunswick.jpg

2123446541_080a49da43.jpg

Anyone else watching the Rose Parade? The University of Illinois is in the Rose Bowl this year and my nephew is in the U of I Marching Band, so he will be in the parade and on the field at half-time.

Just showed the band on TV; I think maybe I saw him but not sure. This is the second time he is in the parade, his high school band was in the parade when he was a freshman.

I believe a high school from Raleigh is also going to be in the parade.

Kim

Anyone else watching the Rose Parade? The University of Illinois is in the Rose Bowl this year and my nephew is in the U of I Marching Band, so he will be in the parade and on the field at half-time.

My oldest son (DannyMac!) was in the Rose Bowl Parade with the UNL marching band. Think it was the year before Clay was in it. It was his very last performance after a long (8 yrs!) and illustrious marching band career! Said it was one loooooong sucker.

Happy New Year to all!

Thank you FCA for being here and welcoming me in this year.

2007 was a better year because of you all!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

My oldest son (DannyMac!) was in the Rose Bowl Parade with the UNL marching band. Think it was the year before Clay was in it. It was his very last performance after a long (8 yrs!) and illustrious marching band career! Said it was one loooooong sucker.

:clap:

Our high school band is in the Cotton Bowl parade and will be marching at half-time...

HAPPY NEW YEAR FCA!!!

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy, prosperous and Clay-filled 2008.

I will be there March 22 (with hubby and dd), which is the day before Easter.

Well, I was awake at midnight, but not because I stayed awake. DH awoke me by gagging and choking in the bathroom. He is starting to feel the radiation treatments burning his mouth and tongue. Causing him a lot of trouble swallowing and mucus problems. Poor guy. He thought he would take some Vicks Cherry Flavored Nyquil for his mucus problem and it didn't go down well at all. So, I got him squared away and then the fireworks in the neighborhood started. I said Happy New Year and rolled over and went back to sleep.

So. I guess I will go pick up some black eyed peas, make black eyed pea dip, and watch some football.

Here is a recipe for it if anyone is interested in a new use of the peas:

Black-Eyed Pea Dip

1 can (16 ozs.) black-eyed peas drained and divided

3 green onions chopped, with tops included

1/2 cup sour cream

1 teaspoon garlic salt

1/2 cup chunky style salsa

4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled

Reserving 1/3 cup, place peas in a blender or food processor, fitted with a steel blade. Process untill smooth.

Blend in onions, sour cream, and garlic salt.

Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in reserved peas and salsa. Garnish with bacon crumbles.

Serve with favorite chips.

Yield about 2 1/2 cups of dip.

{{{{Hugs}}}} to your hubby & to you, {{{{Clayzor}}}}.

I've never been much for the food traditions of New Year's. I'm definitely going to have to try this dip, though - YUM! I agree that the Eden Oganics (sorry - I can't find who posted that link) canned beans are the best!

My own personal New Year's Resolution is to cut down on the gnat population. I know I have certain gnats in my life -- both in the real world and in this fandom. These are people that "push my buttons", for whatever reason. My resolution is to ignore them! It may seem wimpy to some to do this, but I think in the long run (and that's key here), it makes life so much better. I think Clay has done a fantastic job of this, and if I can follow half of his example....

I don't think it's wimpy at all! I did some "cleaning" and got rid of some gnats myself this past fall and life has definitely been a bit better.

I am! Since I grew up in southern CA, it's been a tradition to watch the parade for as long as I can remember. One advantage to being on eastern time, though? It starts at 11:00 instead of 8:00! Congrats to your nephew - that's cool!

I'll be heading to Spamalot in April. I would like to have gone earlier, but I'm planning to use my bonus to pay for the trip rather than racking up anymore credit card debt. Plus, I used up all but a few hours of my time off when I got sick in Sept. My vacation time doesn't renew until April 15th, so I've already put in for my time off that week & bought tickets for April 18th. I can't wait - I'm taking my mom. I've never been to NYC and neither has she, really - I don't think driving into the city with her CT cousins back in the 1950's counts!

HNYGreetings.gif

All the best to everyone at FCA for 2008! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yay for the UNICEF numbers, which have been at $109,400 most of the morning. The Clay Nation did very well. :yahoo:

Beautiful New Year's banner, Cha Cha! :clap:

YouTube
from dreamlarge.

Thnx for posting this link, Annabear. I really enjoyed Dreamlarge's 2007 review.

Enjoy the food, football, and friendly gatherings of New Year's Day! :bier: :big hug: :wein:

Caro listen.gif

I am going to Spamalot on Clay's Opening Night!! I can't wait!! It's about 2 weeks away! mr cha cha is going to be in Vegas for a trade show, and invited me to go along, but it's not much fun for me if he's working all day. So I opted to go to NYC instead.

Does anybody need a ROOMMATE???? :partytime2::giveflowers::flirtysmile3:

Lotus - thanks for the Ron James hookup! I looked him up on

and now he is CMSU!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

keepingfaith - I'm really sorry about the condition of your thumb!! But I have to admit, when you said "My thumb sucks" - I totally cracked up!! I'm really sorry!! I hope it heals quickly! Your description of how things are lately tho, (i.e. klutzy) sound all too familiar. I think you should take your son's advice and slow down. :) I have nearly chopped off a finger or two myself when the outside layer of the onion slips under the knife. And I have one of those really sharp ones too, the kind that'll cut aluminum cans! (Left over from a job my daughter had in HS, but we won't go there! :D)

I decided to slow down myself after I tripped on a rug and crashed thru a glass door on the way into a bowling alley. Two things that didn't help, besides being in a hurry, were carrying a bowling ball in a bag on my shoulder, and wearing clogs. I have done neither since!! I got too many stitches in that fiasco!! :cry4:

I am going to try a couple of these black-eyed peas recipes! The dip one looks similar to hummus, and I have a bag of chips here just begging for it!! Thanks, clayzor! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks ansa for using my banner!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

off to watch dreamlarge's new montage again!!

I still have a feeling that 2008 for me will be worst than last year for me. I have been so unlucky.

Honey, you think YOU'VE had a bad year? Don't let me get started. I figure, the last two years have been so bad that I'm bound to win the lottery this year as compensation. Join me in thinking positive!!! When things are really shitty, there's really only one way to go.

I still have a feeling that 2008 for me will be worst than last year for me. I have been so unlucky.

Honey, you think YOU'VE had a bad year? Don't let me get started. I figure, the last two years have been so bad that I'm bound to win the lottery this year as compensation. Join me in thinking positive!!! When things are really shitty, there's really only one way to go.

Yep... I'm looking forward to 2008 and have a few goals that I will work hard towards. You can't prevent all bad things from happening but I just plan to work on the things I can fix that will make my life better.

Well today is family day...off to Stockton to see relatives. Have a good day everybody.

Crap! Two admittedly half-hearted New Year's resolutions shot to heck already. All it took was one "Do you want to go to lunch?" question, and I ended up at the mall with my mom and my sisters. "Try to eat better" became a BBQ sandwich and fries, and "Stop using the credit cards" turned into "Hey, that Coldwater Creek store is new. Let's go in and take a look around..." and a shopping bag full of stuff. I think that's a personal record.

Crap! Two admittedly half-hearted New Year's resolutions shot to heck already. All it took was one "Do you want to go to lunch?" question, and I ended up at the mall with my mom and my sisters. "Try to eat better" became a BBQ sandwich and fries, and "Stop using the credit cards" turned into "Hey, that Coldwater Creek store is new. Let's go in and take a look around..." and a shopping bag full of stuff. I think that's a personal record.

I had a 70% off email for Coldwater Creek....I purchased 4 items for the price of one (including shipping and tax). I was so excited!

I hope everyone has a great new year. I look around me and know that all is not well, but do the best we can. I look at the fact my oldest son and wife are expecting in May and yesterday found out it is a boy. I had all sons so I am use to boys. My youngest son is also getting married in Sept. The low point is my Mom. I know she is gradually failling and I take each day with her as a gift.

Today I am home just vegging. We had a foot of snow last night. It took my husband almost two hours to clean everything outside up. I was going to take down my outside lights today, that will have to wait until I can find them. Back to work tomorrow after being off for almost two weeks. Sometimes it is hard to get motivated again. Between all the Christmas stuff and all the skiing we did the time past fast. Yesterday and Sunday I did ski patrol all day, I had to come home last evening and in two hours time get food and drinks ready for several guest we had last night. Got it all done, dressed in time, and had a wonderful evening with some good friends.

For those who did not like the HOI, they missed some great singing. I probably will enjoy it many times. I watched it again this am while I was exercising.

I'd like to read some treatise on who decides which accent is acceptable and which are not.

I don't think I've heard an accent that I didn't like! How boring the world would be if we all sounded the same! Even though I would swear I don't have an accent, people have pegged me from Wisconsin upon first hearing, so apparently, I do have one.... :cryingwlaughter: So I'll just embrace it and flatten out those sounds even more!

Black-Eyed Pea Dip

Yummy sounding - I wasn't going to leave the house today but I think I'm off to the store to get the ingredients for this... thanks for sharing!

I've never heard the black-eye peas thing for good luck - which is probably why I don't have any - but the recipes (and links) I've seen all sound goooood! Off to try some new food adventures!

I've really come to feel at home here... so many interesting and diverse women who are here to have some fun... interesting, enlightening and respectful discussions... snark and smut too! What more could you ask for?! Thanks FCA for being so welcoming and accepting!

If I'm lucky, I'll make it to NYC before Clay's run is over... but I did totally spoiler myself with the YouTube videos last night! It was a fun way to spend New Years Eve - laughed my butt off (I wish!)... thanks for the link to the first one! And I'll see it here when the touring cast comes in Spring so I won't feel too bad about it if I don't get to NYC... I'll just enjoy all your memoirs when you get back!

So sorry bottlecap, but it sounds like a fun way to fall from grace...Coldwater Creek you say? :hubbahubba:

I feel like I should be wearing a hard hat when I come in here, what with sharp knives and nasty doors and people mixing up their booze and their nail polish... lol

Hope you all have a happy, and safe, new year.

Me, me, me PickMe.gif Moulin Rouge beginning to end -- as much energy as I've ever felt in a movie theatre.

Doctor sings: The hills are animated with the euphonious symphony of descant...

Satie: What if he sings "The hills are vital intoning the descant"?

Doctor: No, no, no, the hills are…

Argentinean: The hills are incarnate with symphonic melodics.

Christian: The . . . the hills . . .

Doctor: The hills are chanting . . .

Satie: The hill . . .

Christian sings: The hills are alive with the sound of music!

Argentinean: "The hills are alive with the sound of music!" I love it!

Satie: "The hills are alive with the sound of music". It fits perfectly!

Christian sings: With songs they have sung for a thousand years!

Toulouse: Incandiferous! Audrey, you two should write the show together.

Christian: I--I don't even know if I am a true Bohemian Revolutionary.

Toulouse: Do you believe in beauty?

Christian: Yes.

Doctor: Freedom?

Christian: Yes, of course.

Satie: Truth?

Christian: Yes!

Doctor: Love?

Christian: Love? Love. Above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love.

BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter: You're making me want to watch Moulin Rouge again!!

KAndre thinks I eschew doctors and medical attention. Contrare. I just know the drill by now. I spent the first twelve to fourteen years of my life in hospitals, clinics, and doctors' offices -- I had severe asthma, was allergic to life on Earth, couldn't see, contracted every childhood illness in circulation, had several surgeries, but never had accidents because I wasn't allowed to do anything, and only got to go outside when Jupiter aligned with Mars. My childbearing years were fabulous -- I was totally healthy for those years -- those child-bearing immunities are fantastic! But that's all over now, baby blue. I've entered my serious klutz period -- breaking my toes on the legs of furniture, cuts, bruises that I have no idea where they came from, twisting my ankle stepping off a curb, breaking my pinky finger playing water volleyball, burning myself in the kitchen, cutting myself in the kitchen, okay that's enough, huh? I've had it all, I've done it all ... I don't need no doctah ... I need a padded room. Or as my son says ... SLOW DOWN!

Yikes!!! Do you take bandaids and ace wraps with you when you travel?? Be careful, hon!

Muski and I will be there with our hubbies on March 26th, which is our Spring Break. The more the merrier!

BWAH, bottle! I somehow think of New Year's Day as the day to make resolutions, and Jan. 2nd as the day to start them. After all, New Year's Day is a holiday!! So you can start following your resolutions tomorrow. :)

I had a 70% off email for Coldwater Creek....I purchased 4 items for the price of one (including shipping and tax). I was so excited!

Cool, JJ! I don't usually buy from Coldwater Creek, but I found a couple of cool things and LOVED getting 70% off.

Hubby and I and our two daughers stayed up until midnight, and toasted in the new year with wine (for us) and cranberry juice (for our daughters). Fun times!

So sorry bottlecap, but it sounds like a fun way to fall from grace...Coldwater Creek you say? :hubbahubba:

Yeah, did you know there's now a store at Franklin Park, besides the one out in P'burg? The things you discover when you venture back to the mall after avoiding it like the plague during the couple of months before Christmas.

BTW, one of my purchases was a funky black embroidered t-shirt for our still hypothetical trip to NYC to see Spamalot. Gotta try not to look too touristy amidst all them thar sophistimicated Noo Yawkers.... :cryingwlaughter: