#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

I was following the discussion regarding Spamelot and whether Clay will say certain words or not; I think he will...I can't see Clay taking a role and then asking that changes be made. He is an adult and I do believe he has cussed a time or two in his life.

Another pet peeve, fans who expect Clay to live up to their own moral code.

Kim

:preachit:

Is "The Sound of Music" restored on television significantly different in some way than the DVD version I've enjoyed for years now? I don't think the version I have is 4 hours long...so is that with commercials? I had a crush on Christopher Plummer as a young girl, too. That dance sequence where she gets flustered is hawt. heh Used to know all the words to all the songs. :)

Is "The Sound of Music" restored on television significantly different in some way than the DVD version I've enjoyed for years now? I don't think the version I have is 4 hours long...so is that with commercials? I had a crush on Christopher Plummer as a young girl, too. That dance sequence where she gets flustered is hawt. heh Used to know all the words to all the songs. :)

I think it includes commercials. I'm just so happy to see the whole songs rather than cutting to a commercial during it...especially Christopher's only solo. Their song is my absolute favorite.

Oh, hell, what am I saying....I love all the music and still know all the words. I am a dork!

Gibby, I saw these pics on EAYOR and I couldn't BELIEVE when someone suggested that not only was he going commando, but that this gif shows...uh....other stuff normally covered by undies....Unreal....uh...I don't THINK so. :rolleyes:

But I AM enjoying the on ramps revealed.... :hubbahubba:

So interesting---my birth father had four wives (not at the same time, at least) and had children with each one. He totally ignored all the kids from the first three marriages (my mom was number 2)...Meanwhile my mom remarried when I was about nine or ten---and he liked to :all_coholic: Was never physically abusive, but emotionally he was lethal in many ways.

Now...my mom's not perfect by any means. But I was lucky because she TRIED...and she loved me and I always knew that. My half brother, (from marriage number 3)..wasn't so fortunate. His mother was totally irresponsible and she pretty much ditched her motherly duties, allowing whatever man she was with at the time treat him any way they chose to, and my brother has been in jail twice, has done the drug route and fathering children out of wedlock route......I haven't seen him in 17 years and have no idea where he is now--the times I or my mom did reach out to him, he ended up taking advantage of us and moving on to his next misfortune.

So I look at all this and see me and my brother...and how differently we have dealt with whatever we had to work with. And NOW that I'm an adult and have my own children I can look back at some things in my past with my mother and find a way to 'forgive' her for times when I thought she was 'less than'....she's always done her best---HER best, so I can't fault her as a mother, for sure.

I'm with you, too, KAndre, about how Clay seemed to treat Vernon's death being very telling. Funny. The other day when I was with my mom, just out of the blue she asked me, "Do you ever wonder if _______(birth father) is still alive?" I just shrugged and said no. She said, "I do. I'd love to see him again so I could shove a hot poker up his ass."

All righty, then. My mom's not one to forgive easily. :cryingwlaughter:

I love Clay. I think he's a wonderful 'role model'---yeah, sure...for young people. But I admire so much about him that I find myself working on some aspects of my own character that, in contrast, could use some improvement. Age is a number. Character is whatever you make it and whenever, too.

I was following the discussion regarding Spamelot and whether Clay will say certain words or not; I think he will...I can't see Clay taking a role and then asking that changes be made. He is an adult and I do believe he has cussed a time or two in his life.

Kim

I cannot imagine that Clay would ask for any changes to be made, nor that they would be inclined to make any for him, especially something as silly as a few foul words. Clay will be acting a part. He may not personally use profanity as a matter of habit, but the role that he'll be playing has nothing to do with him as a person, it's acting fergoodnesssake. You know, pretend? And he's 28 years old. I daresay a naughty word or two has escaped his lips over the years.....I don't think that he'll choke on them or anything.

Kim

I cannot imagine that Clay would ask for any changes to be made, nor that they would be inclined to make any for him, especially something as silly as a few foul words. Clay will be acting a part. He may not personally use profanity as a matter of habit, but the role that he'll be playing has nothing to do with him as a person, it's acting fergoodnesssake. You know, pretend? And he's 28 years old. I daresay a naughty word or two has escaped his lips over the years.....I don't think that he'll choke on them or anything.

Um...he's 29...I think you forgot a birthday!

Jamar :cryingwlaughter:

God, I've spent the whole day saving money by spending. I'm exhausted.

Faye: She raised two good honorable decent young men. She gets an A in my book.

Shitty: People think that a man who says "crap" and "fart" every chance he gets is NOT going to say "shitty"??

What are they, frigging nutcases?

:lmaosmiley-1:

Ehhh... Monty Python is British comedy. I don't think shitty is even considered a 'swear' there, is it?

I will take any and all bets right now that Clay will say that, and indeed every other word written for the role. What the hell are people thinking? Pfffffffffffft. Will he mimic every mannerism of David Hyde Pierce? No, I don't think so. He's playing Sir Robin, not playing DHP playing Sir Robin. He'll have moves and mannerisms that are Clay Aiken. (And oh, my god, I can not WAIT to see them!!!). But follow the script? Of course he will. Oy and Vey! He will succeed on Broadway, in spite of all his shrews!

And now for something completely different...

January calendars

Regular

th_JAN08Reg.jpg

Widescreen

th_JAN08WS.jpg

And if anyone would like them without the dates, you can get them here on my Yuku page. Scroll down on the left.

I think it includes commercials. I'm just so happy to see the whole songs rather than cutting to a commercial during it...especially Christopher's only solo. Their song is my absolute favorite.

Oh, hell, what am I saying....I love all the music and still know all the words. I am a dork!

I always wondered about "So long, farewell..." how come the musicians hired for the party knew all the notes to a song the kids had made up well enough to accompany them flawlessly (maybe they had a Jesse Vargas?), and how the guests knew how to respond on the last "goodbye". :)

Cindilu2, thanks for this month's calendar pics and for all the others to come!

He will succeed on Broadway, in spite of all his shrews!

Hee!

29??!!!! Are you serious? How the hell did that happen? I must be a baaaaaaaad fan. :cry4: Please don't make me turn in my SuperSpecial ClayFan membership card.

You're OK. You only have to turn in your card if you make him older than he really is.

I always wondered about "So long, farewell..." how come the musicians hired for the party knew all the notes to a song the kids had made up well enough to accompany them flawlessly (maybe they had a Jesse Vargas?), and how the guests knew how to respond on the last "goodbye". :)

Cindilu2, thanks for this month's calendar pics and for all the others to come!

Isn't that just the epitome of a musical....everyone knows exactly what to sing right at the right moment and in perfect harmony. I've laughed about that scene more times than I can count. :cryingwlaughter:

Here's a shocker and it devastated me for awhile...Christopher Plummer's songs were dubbed. He did sing them during filming but they were dubbed afterward.

29??!!!! Are you serious? How the hell did that happen? I must be a baaaaaaaad fan. :cry4: Please don't make me turn in my SuperSpecial ClayFan membership card.

You're OK. You only have to turn in your card if you make him older than he really is.

Yep, anything that keeps Clay AND me older younger is ok in my book.

You know that scene where Maria is dancing alone in the ballroom when she first arrives, then all of a sudden the Captain slams the door open and he's standing there glowering at her? Sexiest. scene. ever! They're both dressed in 5 layers of clothes, buttoned up from neck to toe, standing 20 feet apart, yet the scene sizzles. :naughtywag:

Does anyone have the Unicef link for Clay's 100,000 challenge?

You know that scene where Maria is dancing alone in the ballroom when she first arrives, then all of a sudden the Captain slams the door open and he's standing there glowering at her? Sexiest. scene. ever! They're both dressed in 5 layers of clothes, buttoned up from neck to toe, standing 20 feet apart, yet the scene sizzles. :naughtywag:

see, Clay really could do love scenes :cryingwlaughter:

Thank you so much, cindilu, for that first calendar of 08 !! Gorgeous. Loved those ruffian pics.

Here is a present for our newbies who might have missed it. th_040518_Ohio_KLo_Pantsingmpg.jpg

You don't have to download it, just click on play, it is not a good video, but the story is the thing.

That was a new one for me, playbiller. Thank's so much. I got a kick out of hearing KLo tell the story.

I can only imagine the challenges Clayton presented for his parents...he's VERY precocious and stubborn and determined AND often very SURE he's right!

Probably not as challenging as it was for Clay. And I say that not to disparage his parents, but I understand what it's like from a child's perspective under similar circumstances. It's lonely. That too can have it's ultimate payoffs, but when you're a kid and nobody's speaking your language, it can be brutally isolating.

KAndre -- never lived in South Park, and it's been a long time since I heard it referred to as South Park, but I used to go to a Kip's Big Boy on South Park and Griggs(?) in my teen running days. After the Heights, I lived in Oak Forest, North Shore, Clear Lake, briefly in the Beechnut/Bissonnet area, then back to Clear Lake and then finally I settled in on the South Shore of the lake in League City. And they've all seemed like little townships to me. My nephew just moved into one of the lofts by Minute Maid Park -- they party at the clubs on Main Street on Saturday night and walk home, and I'm sure he's got that urban feeling.

I could write more, but I sliced my thumb open with a paring knife this afternoon and it's still heavily bandaged and bleeding. I probably need stitches -- but nahhhh, I've got that old Gimpy feeling.

I could NOT fail to confess that my eyes slurred over that sentence and "Clay to live" somehow became "Clive" in my brain. And I thought .... Good God Almighty, now there are fans who expect Clive to live up to their own moral code!" Okay maybe you had to be there, but it made me laugh hard. Maybe it's the loss of blood.

muski you mentioned multiple family marriages -- my grandfather was married seven times. When I was in school I entertained classrooms with the antics of my relatives in Dallas, every last one of them. One of his marriages ended when the woman was arrested for shoplifting. Grandad said, "Hell, that woman walked out of Sanger-Harris with a g-damn TV between her legs!" I must have been about 12 at the time and I'm still laughing about that. Grandad was a certifiable piece of work. (His only son, my father, has been married once, to my mother, since 1943.) I've got to write a book one day about these relatives of mine, including my cousin, Bubba -- the funniest master manipulator that ever lived, and I'm sure he's still a legend at Woodrow Wilson High School. Last anybody heard from him was about 20 years ago when he was in Walnut Grove, CA. God only knows where he is now. What is this, true confessions and flashbacks?

I probably need to go to the emergency room.

see, stuff like the love of Sound of Music makes me feel like I am in an alien environment. mocantina.gif

I guess I weird that way.

Sorry...I was raised with musicals. My mother was very involved in music and I guess I inherited it from her.

I hope loving "stuff like the Sound of Music" doesn't make me an alien...or an idiot.

see, stuff like the love of Sound of Music makes me feel like I am in an alien environment. mocantina.gif

Sorry...I was raised with musicals. My mother was very involved in music and I guess I inherited it from her.

I hope loving "stuff like the Sound of Music" doesn't make me an alien...or an idiot.

Look around - who is the person out of step here? me.

Heh, that reminds me whan I read about K'Andre and South Park, I immediately thought of Cartman and Kyle and Butters.

Of course it doesn't....

But Play you're not alone cuz I don't think I ever watched The Sound of Music. I do like musicals a lot though and old movies. ..or should I call them classics. I love Easter Parade.

Raise your hand if you don't have a cousin or uncle bubba LOL. KF that is a book waiting to happen.

Hey you're never more out of step than me when a new Harry Potter book or movie comes out...oh wait...KAndre's with me on that one right?

Look around - who is the person out of step here? me.

Heh, that reminds me whan I read about K'Andre and South Park, I immediately thought of Cartman and Kyle and Butters.

I sure don't consider anyone who doesn't like Sound of Music to be "out of step".... but a personal preference. I'm not a fan of South Park...never watched it and never really understood what people saw in it...I don't feel out of step...different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

Does anyone have the Unicef link for Clay's 100,000 challenge?

Here you go: Clay Aiken and UNICEF, helping children everywhere

Currently at 85% - $84,790!

LOL - me too!

Oh, and thanks for the KLo video, Play! I'd heard about the pantsing, but not directly before.