#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

This is so late, but to answer questions from the past few days... (pls ignore if you already found a better solution)

00lsee, FromClaygary, for burning clips that don't need editing I use the free utility, DivXtoDVD, that you can download from this mirror site. There's an excellent tutorial for DivxToDVD here. 00lsee, it can be used for a bunch of other formats, not just DivX, eg. flv.

Xena, after sharing melted white & dark chocolate & caramel with you I can only say that you definitely don't need a manual. And the Lena "surprise"? Classic!!! (btw, did anyone ever get Xack/Lack of that?) We all wanted to take you home to Houston with us.

luckiest There are some people who would complain if he'd sung naked on skates, swinging to the rythmn.

Why am I getting the idea to start up some sort of claymate fortune cookie :cryingwlaughter: Wonder who we could get to be Vice President of content. Proceeds to TBAF of course.

ETA: I guess I should check my camera..I think I have a picture of Lena..and while I'm at it maybe I could see what pictures I got from the Vegas Ice Skating trip. heee

Thanks, Scarlett, for the beautiful poem and the tech advice. Just out of curiosity, is there a program you like for capturing streaming video (like swf) in the first place? Hope all is well with you. ((HUGS)) for my sweet sweetie. :)

{{{{merrieeee}}}} Love, hugs and prayers for you and your family. And this short poem...

FAREWELL MY FRIENDS

Farewell my friends

It was beautiful as long as it lasted

The journey of my life.

I have no regrets whatsoever

Save the pain I'll leave behind.

Those dear hearts who love and care

And the heavy with sleep, ever-moist eyes

The smile in spite of a lump in the throat

And the strings pulling at the heart and soul

The strong arms that held me up

When my own strength let me down.

Each morsel that I was fed

Was full of love.

At every turning of my life I came across good friends

Friends who stood by me

Even when the time raced me by.

Farewell, farewell my friends

I smile and bid you goodbye.

No, shed no tears for I need them not

All I need is your smile.

If you feel sad, do think of me

For that is what I'll like

When you live in the hearts of those you love

Remember then

You never die.

~ Rabindranath Tagore

Damn, Scarlett! You made me cry!

Wheeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm finally caught up!

I don't think that cousins marrying is just a Southern thing. It's been a practice of the landed gentry and royalty for centuries -- you know, keeping it all in the family. Lot of famous cousins have married and off the top of my head I'm thinking of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt ... and they were blood cousins, too, and not Southerners.

You're right about it not being a Southern thing. Cleopatra was married to her brother, Ptolemy VIII. And her parents were brother and sister, too. After I learned that, the whole cousin thing didn't bother me so much.

But I'm from New Orleans originally, from a French Creole family. Those original families (about 30 families) all came from France in the 1700's and married only amongst themselves for almost 200 years. So every relative I have on my grandmother's side is also a relative on my grandfather's side, etc., aunts are also second-cousins twice removed, great-granparents are also great-great aunts & uncles. I gave up on a family tree and made a family spider web instead. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm just saying calling someone a skanky, scummy ho' isn't really very kind, and I wouldn't like it a bit if the tables were turned on Clay on a skating messageboard. Karma can really suck sometimes.

Now calling said beyotch off my boyfriend? Fair game!!

Yeah, you're probably right, Clay would probably get skewered on a skating board, but then again I would never know about it. I make it a point not to seek out what other groups think about Clay, and especially, never ever would make a retaliatory post on any other fans forum. It always distressed me a little bit when I see a post from someone saying that the fans on so-and-so's board are running Clay down. I always wonder "How do they know? What were they doing there, anyway?" Sometimes we Clayfans go seeking out trouble where none exists.

But, that being said, the Shae Lyn comments were all just silliness. And as long as it's all in silliness, is it any better to use the word beyotch than it is to use skank or scummy?

luckiest There are some people who would complain if he'd sung naked on skates, swinging to the rythmn.

:hubbahubba: Was this behind the scenes? Is the download available yet?

ETA: Wouldn't the cold air cause shrinkage, though?

Was this behind the scenes? Is the download available yet?

Well, Bookwhore, my dear....considering our boyfriend's inclinations while...er....performing, I'd bet such a scene would be more of an UPload.

ifyougetmydriftandithinkyoudowinkwink

Either way, it's certainly a load! :hubbahubba:

Just out of curiosity, is there a program you like for capturing streaming video (like swf) in the first place? Hope all is well with you. ((HUGS)) for my sweet sweetie. :)

00lsee, this was from a note that I'd sent another FCA'er earlier this year. It's one way (& IMO an easy way) to make DVDs from YouTube files using freeware:

1. I use the Firefox Extension, Download Helper, to save YouTube and other media files. It adds an icon to the the toolbar that lights up and rotates whenever there's a downloadable clip. Clicking it brings up a list of clips to download. Easy & works for most sites.

2. For clips that don't have to be edited or ones that you don't feel like spending time on (eg. most non-Clay) and can just be burned straight, download and Install DivxToDVD from this mirror page

3. There's an excellent tutorial for DivxToDVD here. It can also be used for burning a bunch of other formats. There is a commercial version that can do menus and things but I haven't tried it. It probably works well too.

4. DivxtoDVD creates a folder called VIDEO_TS that will contain your VOB files.

5. Use Nero or Roxio or some other DVD Burner to create the DVD

For Roxio,

a. Open MyDVD and create a new project

b. Click on Add Files and select the .VOB files that were created by DivxToDVD

c. Save or Burn

6. If the file needs tweaking, download and install Super (the mirror site is less confusing) to convert it to a file that your favorite video editor can handle. Super can convert just about anything to anything. Use your editor to apply the change you need and them burn it just like any regular file.

Damn, Scarlett! You made me cry!
CG, I guess I should hurry and render stuff that'll make you do something else entirely. And I know just the clip (Merrillville MDYK -- have to do it for Ansa anyway)... heh! Luckiest1, I haven't forgotten you! I must say though that after mimefan gave me that wide smile&nod in DC, I knew we could all relax.

wandacleo, what does "Naked on Skates, Swinging to the Rhythm" sound like?

Merrieeeee, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hee, I just sat and watched the entire HOI again on my homemade DVD. Son #1 wandered down during Shae-Lynn's DSIAFCD solo, and was quite engrossed. Didn't even notice the back-flap or make a mention of Clay's vocals at all. He was all :hubbahubba: because he's always liked Shae-Lynn. For the record, I don't see anything wrong with her skating moves at all, she's been doing them for years. They are uniquely hers. I've seen a few bendy men imitate them (Canadian Shawn Sawyer comes to mind) but for some reason, no one seems to complain about that. My basis for any negative comments I've made about her comes from my own biased personal opinions of her, as a long time skating fan. I think she performed beautifully in the show, and I had no problem with her getting all up on Clay at all. Since I think he kinda enjoyed it, I'm not gonna take that away from him. ;)

I still can't understand what anyone has to complain about with that special. They mentioned Clay every chance they got, they paid him all kinds of compliments, and I thought the interview portions were great! I loved his rapport with the skaters and I thought his performances were awesome. I also thought he looked gorgeous, and I loved the hint of freckles we got in the close ups. I hope he is able to participate in another skating show in the future, because I think the combination works wonderfully for him.

BWAH about your son! And I agree about Clay's performance, and how he was treated with respect. I love watching HOI clips, particularly AIW and WAYDNE with the finale.

That is one AMAZING visual. Hubbahubba!!! :hubbahubba:

I started out thinking that Clay was going to be a major Superstar, like Elvis and The Beatles, with his talent. I believed he wanted it all and he wanted it badly. I also love a more pop Clay than a Christmas Clay, but I have come to realize that Clay isn't going to be, or even wants to be, the kind of superstar that I had invisioned for him. Well, maybe he did but has come to realize his style of singing doesn't lend itself to that type of superstardom. I do believe he wants to be a famous celebrity, not just a singer, but within the realms of his comfort zone. All I can do is hope there are enough people who will love what he wants to do and will support him in a career.

I was talking to a fellow that I work with about Clay. This guy is into 80's rock but he really loves music. He said that he believes that talent will always find an audience and there is no question that Clay is talented.

The US has a little less the 300 million people, all Clay needs is around 1% to be fans, the other 99% don't need to be interested in him, they can like someone else :cryingwlaughter:

Once he is starts touring outside of this country I think things will really change.

So this portion of a google alert that was visible to me made me LOL. Looks like predictions for 2008

Scandalous bad girls (ie Paris, Lindsay, Nicole) will be replaced by Hollywood bad boys. Zac Efron, the Jonas Brothers, Pete Wentz will all follow the king of all bad boys: Clay Aiken

bookwhore...

QUOTE(wandacleo @ Dec 29 2007, 06:25 PM)

Was this behind the scenes? Is the download available yet?

JJ...

(Bookwhore @ Dec 29 2007, 09:35 PM)

Well, yeah, but when you're packing....would it even be noticeable?

muski...

Well, Bookwhore, my dear....considering our boyfriend's inclinations while...er....performing, I'd bet such a scene would be more of an UPload.

ifyougetmydriftandithinkyoudowinkwink

Either way, it's certainly a load!

OK... you guys CMSU!!! BWAH!!!

For Roxio,

c. Save or Burn

So Scarlett (or some other Mac savvy person)....on my laptop that has iDVD as a built in application, would I then use what I've converted via the DivxtoDVD, with iDVD to burn a DVD? I've never done one before...

CG?

I'm baaack! And I am finally watching some more of the HOI special.....

(and just for the record, I didn't call Shae-Lyn a skank, only the move she made. It's still highly unattractive in my book!)

Anyhow - we are probably waaaay past the flap-flap, but I have made a startling discovery!!

Clay is reaching back to adjust his .... ummm... mic-pack, and the flap of his jacket flips up! So... how could it be still sewn, if it's flipping up?? This occurs about 30 mins into the show - I am not sure because I missed the first 10 minutes or so!!

flapflap.jpg

'Splain, Lucy!!!

For Roxio,

c. Save or Burn

So Scarlett (or some other Mac savvy person)....on my laptop that has iDVD as a built in application, would I then use what I've converted via the DivxtoDVD, with iDVD to burn a DVD? I've never done one before...

CG?

Muski, these steps are for a PC. For a Mac, how about installing Perian instead? It's supposed to allow iDVD to recognize XviD, FLV and many other formats.

(and then Front Row and NicePlayer will be able to play these too)

I'm baaack! And I am finally watching some more of the HOI special.....

(and just for the record, I didn't call Shae-Lyn a skank, only the move she made. It's still highly unattractive in my book!)

Anyhow - we are probably waaaay past the flap-flap, but I have made a startling discovery!!

Clay is reaching back to adjust his .... ummm... mic-pack, and the flap of his jacket flips up! So... how could it be still sewn, if it's flipping up?? This occurs about 30 mins into the show - I am not sure because I missed the first 10 minutes or so!!

flapflap.jpg

'Splain, Lucy!!!

BWAH! You've debunked the theories! Go spread the word! :cryingwlaughter:

(You know I'm kidding, right? You'd prolly be chewed up and spit out.)

cha cha trusty,

I noticed a similar thing. Commented about it quite a few pages back, but the board was moving so fast then that I don't think anyone noticed my comment.

Right after Sasha hands the skates to Clay and he's walking off the stage to go put them on, it sure looks like the flap is flapping a bit--does not look uclipped to me. Wouldn't it be a riot if this whole unclipped flap "flap" wasn't event true!!

Hey, if we go this far to defend Clay over a silly flap, imagine what we'll do when someone says something that's not true that actuallly matters!! We have rolling pins and we're not afraid to use them!! (Remember that from the NH concert this summer?)

Good Morning Everyone,

8 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

19 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just a reminder, Holiday on Ice is going to be repeated this morning on the Style Network at 9:00 a.m. CST, 10:00 a.m. EST

Unfortunately, I do not get this network; darn Direct TV!

Kim

flapflap.jpg

Bwah!!!!!! :woman:

Bookwhore wrote:

I make it a point not to seek out what other groups think about Clay, and especially, never ever would make a retaliatory post on any other fans forum. It always distressed me a little bit when I see a post from someone saying that the fans on so-and-so's board are running Clay down. I always wonder "How do they know? What were they doing there, anyway?" Sometimes we Clayfans go seeking out trouble where none exists.

Too long for a thread title, but it should be the number one rule for every Clay fan. Just say no to searching out those "Haters."

Nice poem Scarlett. Thanks for posting the tutorial information. I think I will copy and save that to give to my son.

I would have to go back and re-watch the HOI show, because whatever Shae Lynn did, it obviously did not stand out to me as gross or skanky. I don't even know what move y'all are talking about. :cryingwlaughter: So I can't contribute to that conversation. Of course when Clay is on, my eyes rarely leave his face. I don't see much of anything, or anyone else. He is all I am interested in.

wandacleo, you wouldn't find any complaining from me if Clay was singing naked. My eyes would definitely leave his face then............... :lipstick:

'

FWIW, I think the "hick" references used by some of Clay's own fans are just used to explain why he has not followed their advice or instructions, or expressed any interest in adding them to Team Clay.

Heh, for anyone who thinks the South is the sole area for "hicks" - read The Beans of Egypt, Maine - disadvantaged people live everywhere, they just have different accents. And just having access to, say, Broadway does not mean everyone in New York attends plays or even cares about them.

In any event, the stuff about The South, and Raleigh in particular, always makes me laugh, because I am pretty sure that access to TV, radio, and the internet are not carefully doled out state by state, so that folks in Raleigh see entirely different network TV and have only got links to Southern web sites.

In this day and age, it is actually stupid to categorise much of anything geographically. There is just as much intermarriage and hopeless poverty in Maine as there is in Arkansas.

Also, I think Duke University and Research Triangle Park denizens would be QUITE surprised to find out how "backwoods" they are. Plus you can spend millions on a home in the RDU area - just because you spend a million for a 1000 sq ft shack in Los Angeles does not make LA better, it just makes LA overpriced. LA has its poor slums, too.

Really, any time Clay does not follow the "accepted career path which will make him a rockin' pop star", it is blamed on his location or his mom.

Ron the God of Irony is actually a bit under the weather. He created a drinking game based on how quick anything Clay says or does that does not follow the demented career guidelines, or offends some fans, is blamed on his environment or his mother, and Ron ended up drinking quite a lot!

Hugs to everyone who needs them!

I was raised in Philly, and went on to live in Bloomington Il, Durham, NC (actually Bahama, but pop. 163), and Tampa, Fl. and have never noticed all that much difference in intelligence, just weather, cost of living, and entertainment preferences. Ran into unpleasant mindsets of some people everywhere I lived. Same goes for places overseas where I have worked.

Anyway, I feel that even if Clay had been raised in the poorest county in NC, with no access to TV or radio or whatever, he would prolly still manage to get out and about with that voice, because Faye encouraged him. I think his values would be pretty much the same, too.

{{{{merrieeee}}}} Love, hugs and prayers for you and your family. And this short poem...

FAREWELL MY FRIENDS

Farewell my friends

It was beautiful as long as it lasted

The journey of my life.

I have no regrets whatsoever

Save the pain I'll leave behind.

Those dear hearts who love and care

And the heavy with sleep, ever-moist eyes

The smile in spite of a lump in the throat

And the strings pulling at the heart and soul

The strong arms that held me up

When my own strength let me down.

Each morsel that I was fed

Was full of love.

At every turning of my life I came across good friends

Friends who stood by me

Even when the time raced me by.

Farewell, farewell my friends

I smile and bid you goodbye.

No, shed no tears for I need them not

All I need is your smile.

If you feel sad, do think of me

For that is what I'll like

When you live in the hearts of those you love

Remember then

You never die.

~ Rabindranath Tagore

What a beautiful poem ! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You're right djs. There are poor, uneducated people everywhere. It is not just indigenous to the South.

I hope they don't show my local TV to the rest of the US. I swear it is no wonder that people think we are stupid hillbillies here. Every time they interview a local person about something, they always find some hick, looking like a toothless hobo, to show on TV. It makes me want to pull my hair out. That is not the way most of the citizens here look. We have two sizable universities here, not to mention a lot of transplants from other states who come here to enjoy our scenery and affordable lifestyle. Unemployment here has usually been very low.

Arkansas does have it share of poor people. However, in the Northwest part of the state, where I live, there is lots of money. You got the Waltons, the J.B. Hunts, the Tysons,, etc. etc. Little Rock is large and has it's share of money also, I suspect. Farther south not so much money.

I simply do not understand the need to bad mouth Faye. Walk a mile in her shoes before you want to take issue with the way she raised Clay. I'm glad I don't see that happening on this board. Clay obviously loves his mother and family very much, and I find talking bad about her more disturbing than blasting his career choices.

I hope they don't show my local TV to the rest of the US. I swear it is no wonder that people think we are stupid hillbillies here. Every time they interview a local person about something, they always find some hick, looking like a toothless hobo, to show on TV. It makes me want to pull my hair out. That is not the way most of the citizens here look. We have two sizable universities here, not to mention a lot of transplants from other states who come here to enjoy our scenery and affordable lifestyle. Unemployment here has usually been very low.

Arkansas does have it share of poor people. However, in the Northwest part of the state, where I live, there is lots of money. You got the Waltons, the J.B. Hunts, the Tysons,, etc. etc. Little Rock is large and has it's share of money also, I suspect. Farther south not so much money.

My dad is from Little Rock so have that Arkansas connection.

But had to LOL at your first paragraph. In Living Color did a skit on this but just substitute hick for the "black" witneses that the news stations always seem to find. It was hysterical. I used to love the hell out of that show.