#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

OMG, KAndre, your skating commentary is CMSU! :cryingwlaughter:

The black girl (Suraya-something) also didn't skate to Clay - though I think if I were her, I wouldn't either. She looks like the most powerful female skater I've ever seen - like a Mary Lou Retton on skates. Not particularly graceful though - and I can't think of a Clay Christmas song that lends itself to power skating. I'd like to see her skate to Billy Idol though. The pink feathers were cheesy though.

Hee, Surya Bonaly is amazingly talented and athletic. Only skater, male or female, to land a back flip on one foot. She also has some serious attitude. Thumbed her nose at the judges by performing the back flip in competition, even though it is an illegal move and lost her points. Also once refused to get on the podium when she felt she deserved the gold instead of the silver.

Next is a girl named Karen (she spells it wrong though). Hmmm. Should have let Suraya-something skate to Carol of the Bells (though I didn't like this rendition either - they should have gotten the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Vegas is fairly close to Utah, isn't it?) - the staccato attack would have worked better with the power - and Karen just seemed weak.

I swear, Caryn Kadavy must be older than me, she has been around forever! Not sure where they dredged her up from for this special.......

Ok, I'm annoyed at the French Canadian couple choice of O Holy Night because Clay's not singing. And I can see up the girl's nose at the end of the routine.

I know! I was so pissed! Clay is right there and you don't let him sing the freaking song? Pffffffft to them, even if they are our Canadian ice dance champions.

Ah, Shae lynn is back.

This explains much. This is apparently the skank part of the program. And Clay apparently felt they were lacking in the boobage department for true skankaliciousness.

Is Shae Lynn really a good skater? Am I missing something?

Even good music couldn't make this better for me.

Well, you pegged Shae Lynn - a skank in my books. Loved her when she was partnered with Victor Kraatz, though. They were my all time favourite ice dancers. Haven't enjoyed her since.

I love that Cousins dude (hee, Steven). He's a cutie and a charmer. Went out with Shae Lynn for quite a while, until she broke his heart. And about that French dude, Philippe Candeloro? Just thank your lucky stars he kept it to jumping in the audience and doing hip thrusts. He usually takes his shirt off and THEN jumps in the audience and does hip thrusts. ;)

I think KAndre's skating commentary is a lot more interesting and to the point than listening to ol' Dick Button natter on and on about triple axles and whatnot.

:20:

BWAH! You can say that again.

Man, you people are chatty tonight! I was gone for 3 hours and you went 3 pages!!!!

Love the banner, cindilu!

My hubby just happened to come sit next to me right before Shae Lynn flashed Clay with that....move. Hubby stopped in mid bite of sandwich and I said, "Hmmm...that's.....interesting." He just gave me a sideways look and then rolled his eyes.

She's quite the subtle flirt, huh? I mean nothing says lovin' like flashing a spread-eagled crotch shot for umpteen seconds in front of your face...no wonder Clay was rubbing his hands together! He's probably thinking, "Dayum! If she'll do that in front of millions of viewers, imagine what she'll do in a private room! :hubbahubba: )

:cryingwlaughter:

Ah, Shae lynn is back.

This explains much. This is apparently the skank part of the program. And Clay apparently felt they were lacking in the boobage department for true skankaliciousness.

Is Shae Lynn really a good skater? Am I missing something?

Even good music couldn't make this better for me.

KAndre, I'm sure one of our Canadian skating fans could answer this a little better than I, she is a former World Champion Ice Dancer and she and her former partner parted ways. If you could watch her and imagine a guy behind her doing the same move maybe it wouldn't look so awkward. They really were wonderful to watch together.

Your skate by skate coverage has been great :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah the moves Shae lynn likes to do are some of the moves she and her partner developed....and were well known for...but not very effective as a solo.

I used to love them too and was so frustrated that the ice dancing judging was so messed up during the time they were competing.

Kandre...for a non skating fan your observations are very insightful....

Surya is quite a story in skating...never like her cos I am not too fond of power skaters that lack grace...

Oh gah Philippe always reminded me of Constantine...

and whenever I hear Caryn Kadavy's name...my brain makes it caryn cadaver...yeah she has been around forever!!!

Wow! Such great posts, y'all!

I honestly think with every "wrong" move Clay makes, choses, has foisted upon him, or fumbles away due to the stupidity of his team - many feel the window is closing on his opportunity to be a superstar. We want bragging rights, and proof that we were right. Never mind that he still has a career after all these years.

Yup! You're so right, Couchie. I do think many are still clinging to the idea that Clay must be the next Elvis. While I don't quite believe that Clay is actively trying to avoid superstardom, I do think that he's decided, for better or worse, to stay true to himself, singing the kind of songs he likes, making the kinds of choices that fit his values and interests. Could he have been bigger singing Timberlake-ish pop, cultivating a "cool," "hip" image, suppressing his desire to do Christmas concerts and minimizing his involvement in educational issues? Maybe. But then, I doubt he'd be the same guy we all love.

I still believe that he is an ambitious man. I think he wants to continue to have a career in entertainment, and that he is actively exploring different possibilities, both within and beyond music. But I can't see him abandoning his core values and self-identity just to be a superstar.

Well I think this is why a lot of people believed this back channel inside info...they like the image of perpetual victim Clay. They like to think that he needs his savvy smart fans to run his life and career... but it ain't true folks...the guy is a strong 29 year old MAN that knows what he wants, how to get it and the means to surround himself with people that are truly qualified to help him reach his goals. The man has been in this business since 2003 and has experiences we can only dream about. The guy is way out of any fans league and the thought that these fans have any expertise to tell him how to take care of his voice, run his business or "market" himself is just laughable.

One of many great comments, Ansa! This notion that Clay would consult a fan must have been extremely seductive to some. I imagine that many have fantasized about Clay asking for their advice and expertise, and I'm sure that quite a few feel they are smarter than any actual music or entertainment professional out there. However, the guy is no dummy. While he may occasionally look for some feedback, I do think he understands fan opinion for what it is--amateur babblings by nonobjective, inexperienced, uninformed individuals who are really in no position to judge his career decisions.

Welcome, all you newbies and lurkers!

KAndre - that was the best skating commentary EVAH! :cryingwlaughter:

The only thing you forgot was to yell at that Shae Lynne bitch.....

BACK OFF BITCH!! STAY AWAY FROM MY BOYFRIEND!!!! :thdom2:

Speaking of doing Clay (We weren't? Well shouldn't we be???)...... Any chance we will be doing the third in the continuing series of "Doing Clay" pins for Spamalot? You know "FCA DOING CLAY IN SPAMALOT" or "FCA DOING CLAY ON BROADWAY"? The little sign part could be made to look like a theater marquis or something.

Will we? I mean if we can do him on tour and do him in the heartland, surely we can do him in Spamalot on Broadway! :lilredani:

And Permaswooned... Those pictures made me swoon! Think I may need a new avie......

I don't know why, but I've had a soft spot for Philippe Candaloro for a while. Yep, he's cheesy to the extreme, and probably way too cocky, but I still like him. *shrug*

I haven't seen the Shae-Lynn stuff yet. Eh.

No one answered my one question from earlier today -- what AIW from Merrillville do I need to get to poke my eye out?

Sorry about stealing your avi annabear. My bad.

LURVE the new banner. Thanks cindilu2!

I don't know why, but I've had a soft spot for Philippe Candaloro for a while. Yep, he's cheesy to the extreme, and probably way too cocky, but I still like him. *shrug*

I haven't seen the Shae-Lynn stuff yet. Eh.

No one answered my one question from earlier today -- what AIW from Merrillville do I need to get to poke my eye out?

Sorry about stealing your avi annabear. My bad.

LURVE the new banner. Thanks cindilu2!

was it merrillville canfly? was it also in jojoct?

Oh gah Philippe always reminded me of Constantine...

and whenever I hear Caryn Kadavy's name...my brain makes it caryn cadaver...yeah she has been around forever!!!

BWAH and BWAH!!

Yup! You're so right, Couchie. I do think many are still clinging to the idea that Clay must be the next Elvis. While I don't quite believe that Clay is actively trying to avoid superstardom, I do think that he's decided, for better or worse, to stay true to himself, singing the kind of songs he likes, making the kinds of choices that fit his values and interests. Could he have been bigger singing Timberlake-ish pop, cultivating a "cool," "hip" image, suppressing his desire to do Christmas concerts and minimizing his involvement in educational issues? Maybe. But then, I doubt he'd be the same guy we all love.

I still believe that he is an ambitious man. I think he wants to continue to have a career in entertainment, and that he is actively exploring different possibilities, both within and beyond music. But I can't see him abandoning his core values and self-identity just to be a superstar.

WORD!! I think that Clay decided to be true to himself and not sell out in order to be the latest, greatest thing. I LURVE him for being true to his values and convictions. I wouldn't love him if he were a cocky, self-absorbed rock stah, even if he sold millions upon millions. There are many others who can be self-absorbed rock stahs, who are here today and gone tomorrow. But there's only one Clay, and I have a feeling he'll be around for a long time. Of course I love his voice, but it's his authenticity and heart that keep me mesmerized and coming back for more.

Of course, I like the booty, too -

bscap272.jpg

beautiful banner! Is there a banner library here?

CG You mean like Finding Clay Aiken on Broadway pin?

OK, so am I the only person who preferred Clay's body this summer, more filled out and with the no so double chin? And prefer him with light colored hair and no bangs? And don't mind glasses if he feels he needs them? Ok, then, that goes pretty far in explaining why I am out of step with 95% of the fandom.

NJU stories, I don't mind them much, I brought one here after all, but I would prefer that people did not ooh and aah if it is a teen ager or a male. I feel disrespected as an mature woman when that happens. I spent years trying to point this prejudice out to other women I worked with for decades and only truly bonded with women who understood that my word was just as important, if not more important, as any guy. I hate that crap. But on the positive side, it left me with more intelligent and interesting friends, sort of a litmus test, you might say.

I do not believe that Clay turned away from superstardom, I think he was just lonely and weighed the career cost of moving back. He obviously does not fit into the party scene and there were probably few people he made as friends out west. I say this knowing that I am not insulting people from out west because they probably did not move in the same work and social circles that Clay did and would not have had a chance to be his friend. If you saw Paula Abdul's show Hey, Paula, you wold see that her best friends are people that get stuff from her or work for her, not one would ever tell her the truth. I don't think Clay wanted that. I also think that Clay spent about as much time in his Hollywood house as he spends in his Raleigh house. He can go to a hotel for his few gigs out west. He probably does a lot of work on the computer like so many of us. maybe if he had gotten the elusive movie role, it would have been different.

I also like Philippe. I've seen him do some very nice skating and he is always entertaining and yes, he can be OTT but that's him. I can also laugh at him.

I also don't think Clay turned away from superstardom. I think he made choices based on what was best for him at the time and he had no idea what would happen once he left LA. He mentioned in his ET interview, a while ago, that he realized, at some point, that the world didn't revolve around him. I think he must have come to terms with some things about fame and chose to be true to himself, let go and let God and all that. I'm not saying I know any of this for sure but I get the impression that Clay would like to be as successful as possible without compromising his values and principles. I can't imagine how heady it must have been when he first came off of Idol and had no time to process his success. I believe he has done that and he appears to be a happy guy.

CG You mean like Finding Clay Aiken on Broadway pin?

Well, I suppose we have to find him before we do him....... :whistling-1:

Which reminds me of my favorite banner.....

doingFCA.jpg

ETA: Where is my twin YSRN lately? Seems like forever since she's been here. I miss her!

Whew!! You guys have been soo wordy these last few days it took me a while to catch up. I have watched some of the skating show and what I have seen I loved! Clay can miss a note and have his coat tails sewed up anytime he wants if he gets coverage like that. I could not get over how many times they showed him instead of the skaters.

And as for Mexico..well what can you say about the hawt humanitarian guy...he is gorgeous. You say nuevo and I say nueva...lets call he whole thing off *g* Does anyone seriously think Clay was telling us not to fly a certain airline? Snark anyone?

I posted before about my MIL being ill, well she is now in a Hospice and it looks like she only has 2-3 weeks left! It was not the most pleasant of Christmases I can tell you. It is pretty tough when the whole family is scattered to the four winds.

I decided today to cancel my plans for Spamalot opening night, somehow it doesn't seem so important. There will always be more Clay Aiken.

I get the impression that Clay would like to be as successful as possible without compromising his values and principles. I can't imagine how heady it must have been when he first came off of Idol and had no time to process his success. I believe he has done that and he appears to be a happy guy.

Jenna, I've felt this for a while, too. He's a smart cookie (I LOVE cookies! :hubbahubba: ) I like the idea of him as the tortoise in the fable---going at his own pace (marching to his own drummer, if you will)--and reaching for variety and adventure (I'm truly shocked that anyone would say Clay is not a risk taker!) and excellence as long as he can remain true to himself.

He's so danged talented that I honestly wonder at people who sincerely fear for his success. I cannot imagine Clay ever being satisfied with anything less than success---whatever he's trying to accomplish, be it another multi-platinum album or a healthy, happy family.

merrieee, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL...hopefully, her hospice time will be as peaceful as possible--for everyone. As for opening night, you're right: Clay's going to be on Broadway for months... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Wishing you strength and love during your time with your mother in law. Here's a little hug2.gif just for you, merrieeee.

I need a little help just now. Since K'Andre has done her classic play by play of the Vegas Skate Show, and I was far too scrambled to watch it at Christmas, can someone tell me where I can find it.

I have this sudden need to see flaps and skanks.

Pretty please? sniff.gif

I must have missed the "interesting" skating move, but now I'm curious. Can someone point me to the clip?

I think it's during DSIAFCD, isn't it, y'all? Shae Lyn opens her legs, sqats and then glides by right in front of our man, and shows him her wares. The harlot.

OK, so am I the only person who preferred Clay's body this summer, more filled out and with the no so double chin? And prefer him with light colored hair and no bangs? And don't mind glasses if he feels he needs them? Ok, then, that goes pretty far in explaining why I am out of step with 95% of the fandom.

You are not the only one. I didn't realize how much I didn't like the bangs until he started wearing it off his forehead with his glasses. He looks very natural to me now both with his light hair and his glasses.

I was happy to see the cheekbones back but the extra weight looked just fine on him...to me.