#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

I don't know crap about Clay's musical direction--if he has one, if he doesn't have one, if he wants one....

I have no clue what MY direction is. I just get up and wait for inspiiration to hit.

My condolences to you & your family, merrieeee.

Thing is, I think his UNICEF trips are not that part of him. These are public appearances when you think about it. They are covered by press of some sort each and every time. After all, isn't that the whole idea of his trips to raise the public's awareness? If he happens to look more like a "dork" and less like a pop star it is probably more because he isn't traveling with a hair dresser and not wearing make-up.

While i do believe there is a part of Clay we'll never see (no, not that part!), I think UNICEF Clay is very much Clay the pop star, the Clay he WANTS us to see.... even if he does look a bit dorky from to time.

wow so many great posts and ones that make me think. Stop that :cryingwlaughter: . Thanks for this perspective..hadn't really thought of it like that before!

I'm so sorry Merrieeee....

merrieeee, I am truly sorry for your family's loss.

While i do believe there is a part of Clay we'll never see (no, not that part!), I think UNICEF Clay is very much Clay the pop star, the Clay he WANTS us to see.... even if he does look a bit dorky from to time.

Claygasm, I think we all have a part of us we don't let others see. I've always thought of how difficult that is when you're a public figure.

merrieeee, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think all people have a persona which they show to the world and it is often different from the inner self. People also have an ego which is different from the persona. A goal of integration is to allow the persona and ego to merge with the inner self. I guess I view people psychologically because that is what I do for a living and when you scratch the surface and see the depths of a person, they are a lot more complicated than what they present to the world. Clay is a complicated human being who none of us really know but I'm pretty sure his private self is different from his public self and that he is more integrated and clearer about drawing those boundaries to protect that privacy. As he took back his life and gained control of his anxiety, I think he became more comfortable about letting his audience see him for who he really is without allowing anyone to violate those boundaries. Hope that makes sense. I have utmost respect for how Clay has handled everything in his life and I have seldom seen a man his age be so integrated which is why I made the comment I did pages back about how astounded I was when I saw him last summer.

From this summer's LA show - a veritable feast for tongue lovers:

surprise.gif:hubbahubba:

:hubbahubba: And the winkage is just adorable. ;) Angela is a paragon of self-control.

Thanks for posting this Gibby! I don't think I've watched that clip from the LA summer show yet. Doesn't it look like he's going to try to drink the microphone instead of the bottle of guaranade (or whatever it is!!!) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

(It takes me so long to post, and I am not caught up...)

:hugs-1:((((merrieeee and family)))) :hugs-1:

Great big Elephant hugs to merrieeee!

Okay, are you guys serious about an FCA/Spam pin? Doing Clay on Broadway? Is the 'Spamalot' name going to be a copyright problem?

Yes, please. How about something along the lines of "Finding Sir Robin" with the chicken logo and the FCA mascot :lilredani: ? I also like the idea mentioned earlier of incorporating a theater marquee.

Sir_Robin2.jpgspamsmilie.gif

I'm working on it as we type ;-)

Does anybody have a good pic of the shield?

YAY! But, but, but.... we have to have a DOING Clay too! Its part of the tradition! (Not to mention our fantasies....)

Thanks for the good thoughts and hugs. My MIL passed away this morning.

Oh merrieeee. I am so sorry. I hope she had a peaceful passing and I wish you and your family love and peace.

{{{{merrieeee and family}}}}

I'm with you, playbiller. Mr. Ambassador is Clayton Holmes Aiken, not Clay Aiken. He USES his Clay Aiken persona to allow Clayton to do what his heart tells him is important, but the person he shows to all the people he meets through UNICEF and BAF is Clayton---that guy who took Mike Bubel to a grocery store and admonished the 'normal' people who stared at him during a meltdown, the guy who got the YMCA to accept their first developmentally challenged child, the guy who got down on his knees in a tux to dance with a girl who most likely spent her life being ridiculed---he's always been Clayton. He's hawt Clay for the fans...but he's still always Clayton.

He's amazing and I'm feeling pretty damned smug that I recognize how very, very terrific he is.

I am WAY behind but I just wanted to say how much I agree with this.

While I am at it, I might as well say right now, how much I love this place. I don't post much because I am always so far behind but I read at several boards and this one is VERY SPECIAL.

Love the banner, cindilu!

My hubby just happened to come sit next to me right before Shae Lynn flashed Clay with that....move. Hubby stopped in mid bite of sandwich and I said, "Hmmm...that's.....interesting." He just gave me a sideways look and then rolled his eyes.

She's quite the subtle flirt, huh? I mean nothing says lovin' like flashing a spread-eagled crotch shot for umpteen seconds in front of your face...no wonder Clay was rubbing his hands together! He's probably thinking, "Dayum! If she'll do that in front of millions of viewers, imagine what she'll do in a private room! :hubbahubba: )

:cryingwlaughter:

I'm not caught up yet, and have given up any hope that I'll ever be, but I just had to comment on the Skank-Lynn commentary. I personally think the reason he was rubbing his hands together was to wipe off any possibly skank scum that may have transferred while she was rubbing her skanky self all over my boyfriend. Does she give lap dances in the off-season?

I think the days of Shae Lynn having a message board are long gone, unfortunately for her. I have scoured the figure skating boards that I know of, to see if anyone has commented at all on the HOI special, but so far, nada. These type of professional shows are not really very interesting to the serious, online figure skating fan. The eligible competitions are where it's at. I think the audience for this type of show is more of the casual fan who happens to see the special listed on Christmas Day, or just happens across it on TV. I think those people would have been v.v. impressed with our guy. So it's all good.

I grew up in a suburb of Toronto, one of the biggest cities in Canada. When I got married and had my first child, we moved to a small town about 30 minutes away, because I didn't want to bring my kids up in the city, like me. When I went out on my own, after the separation, I moved to a mid-sized town about 2 hours from Toronto, one that was big enough to have a decent job market but small enough for me to feel comfortable in. So I guess I'm the odd man out on this board! :lol:

I've always lived in small towns; less than 50,000 people. I actually worked in downtown Chicago for 6 years and realized that I am definately not a big city person.

My husband's family grew up in the country and when the kids were small, we would take them to visit his sister who lived on a farm at the time...they loved it! Hubby has been talking when he retires of moving down to Southern Illinois where his family is...still thinking about that one. There are small towns and there are small towns and I am not sure If I am ready to really go country.

Kim

cindilu - nice banner! I keep thinking the web cut off the top of the page tho! :cryingwlaughter:

I am to the end (but I skimmed the last couple of pages, I'll go back later)

I would like to know what page KAndre started her HOI commentary -- it was hilariuous and I think I might print it out and watch the special! I haven't watched it all yet, but I did see the 'skank' move and thought it was grossly unbecoming and unattractive, no matter how many sweeps she does with her arms!! But she's used to dancing with a partner and having her body doing all kinds of potentially embarrassing positions, no?? :cryingwlaughter:

and thanks again, mymoam for the Bing site, but could you tell me what page that is on too? I had it open for awhile, and then IE freaked out on me and closed down all my pages.

Does anybody else have a problem with IE suddenly crashing? I am not sure, but I think it's been happening since the upgrade that allows you to have tabs at the top! I get a notice that it has "encountered a problem and needs to close" - then all the pages just go away!

Did anyone answer the ipod question about the files not being accepted? I am not sure exactly without a better description, but if you are trying to import straight into the ipod, that could be the reason. You have to import the files into the library first, and then the ipod will accept them. But sometimes itunes just does some really glitched out things!! Maybe you need to accept the latest upgrade. Mine keeps offering when I open it up at various times, and sometimes I do it, and sometimes I don't have time! You can PM me if you have any more questions... (sorry, I can't remember who asked!!) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Off to go to a "Wedding Celebration" party -- a son of a friend of mine encountered the MIL-to-be from Hell and decided to go to Vegas in July and get married. Please keep the posts down! I'm already behind!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:hugs-1: to merrieeee again!