#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

and thanks again, mymoam for the Bing site, but could you tell me what page that is on too? I had it open for awhile, and then IE freaked out on me and closed down all my pages.

Cha-cha .... here is the main page for the Christmas shows and Bing's are the best sellers across the top

Bing DVDs

Many hugs and prayers, merrieeee.

Love looking forward to Clay wearing that costume. Cracks me up though, that he found probably the only role on Broadway where he will wear more layers than he does in real life. :cryingwlaughter:

While I am at it, I might as well say right now, how much I love this place. I don't post much because I am always so far behind but I read at several boards and this one is VERY SPECIAL.

Thanks Jaycee

Lord somebody help me with Betty Davis. She wants to make chitlins.

While I am at it, I might as well say right now, how much I love this place. I don't post much because I am always so far behind but I read at several boards and this one is VERY SPECIAL.

Thanks Jaycee

Oh, you poor thing! Make her do it at HER house so that odor doesn't permeate everything in your house!

Thanks Jaycee

Whaaaaaaaaa??

(omg what am I still doing here???) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

00lsee...BWAH! "gentile" indeed...Yeah, I used to be a high school English teacher...what? :cryingwlaughter:

{{{{{merrieeee and family}}}}}

Being a Clay Aiken fan is never boring. He's never boring. I imagine he's ALWAYS been never boring---changing his hair color and style often, wearing funky sneakers, having a pet goat, being obnoxious at times. He's still that guy---just getting smarter as he ages and experiences a broader range of characters and assholes.

And cuter. He's definitely one of those men who get better looking as they age...oh yes.

Re: comments about Shae Lynn....yeah, some are pretty harsh. I imagine many are rather laden with plain ole' silly snark and pretend jealousy, though. This IS a Clay Aiken board, after all, so I reserve the right to tell any beyotch who dares put her hands on my boyfriend to BACK the HELL AWAY! :thdom2:

:cryingwlaughter: (But seriously, Shae Lynn...you really should reconsider ever doing that particular skating pose again. It's NOT aesthetically pleasing at all. :unsure:

I just saw Juno---the movie. It's WONDERFUL! The young girl who played Juno is amazing.

Love looking forward to Clay wearing that costume. Cracks me up though, that he found probably the only role on Broadway where he will wear more layers than he does in real life. :cryingwlaughter:

Bwah!! :cryingwlaughter:

Re: Nastiness about HOI.

There were lots of ignorant, stupid troublemaking bitches with an agenda built around FC and FGF--just causing hate and discontent right and left. Most of them haven't been identified and probably haven't come forward.

Did we think they had gone away?

So sorry for your loss merrieeee.

I grew up in a suburb of Toronto, one of the biggest cities in Canada. When I got married and had my first child, we moved to a small town about 30 minutes away, because I didn't want to bring my kids up in the city, like me. When I went out on my own, after the separation, I moved to a mid-sized town about 2 hours from Toronto, one that was big enough to have a decent job market but small enough for me to feel comfortable in. So I guess I'm the odd man out on this board! :lol:

You are not alone. Playbiller and I lived just outside New York City growing up. I later moved to a borough of NYC and from there to the Jersey countryside. It was always easy to get into the city. When we moved to NC as a young couple with two little kids, it was such a culture shock. Even here with the Reynolds and Hanes families supporting the arts, you could not go to a restaurant and get a drink. As a result there were not a lot of restaurants. Also, I couldn't understand what people were saying to me, it was another language. Happy to say I am now proficient in the language. I know what britches and bedroom shoes and dests are. I have also made some of the best friends ever here.

Growing up (if I ever have):

I was reared on a farm in a valley between the mountains of northern Idaho, near the Canadian border, 8 miles from town.

Went to school in San Francisco (we're talking MAJOR culture shock).

I loved the weirdos in SF and CA so much I moved down the coast and stayed here.

Heheh, who'da thunk you'd have to tell *me* this is a Clay Aiken board. djs, where is Ron, the God of Irony tonight? :cryingwlaughter:

I'm just saying calling someone a skanky, scummy ho' isn't really very kind, and I wouldn't like it a bit if the tables were turned on Clay on a skating messageboard. Karma can really suck sometimes.

Now calling said beyotch off my boyfriend? Fair game!!

Hee, I just sat and watched the entire HOI again on my homemade DVD. Son #1 wandered down during Shae-Lynn's DSIAFCD solo, and was quite engrossed. Didn't even notice the back-flap or make a mention of Clay's vocals at all. He was all :hubbahubba: because he's always liked Shae-Lynn. For the record, I don't see anything wrong with her skating moves at all, she's been doing them for years. They are uniquely hers. I've seen a few bendy men imitate them (Canadian Shawn Sawyer comes to mind) but for some reason, no one seems to complain about that. My basis for any negative comments I've made about her comes from my own biased personal opinions of her, as a long time skating fan. I think she performed beautifully in the show, and I had no problem with her getting all up on Clay at all. Since I think he kinda enjoyed it, I'm not gonna take that away from him. ;)

I still can't understand what anyone has to complain about with that special. They mentioned Clay every chance they got, they paid him all kinds of compliments, and I thought the interview portions were great! I loved his rapport with the skaters and I thought his performances were awesome. I also thought he looked gorgeous, and I loved the hint of freckles we got in the close ups. I hope he is able to participate in another skating show in the future, because I think the combination works wonderfully for him.

Does anybody else have a problem with IE suddenly crashing? I am not sure, but I think it's been happening since the upgrade that allows you to have tabs at the top! I get a notice that it has "encountered a problem and needs to close" - then all the pages just go away!

I DID...but after "reporting" it for the 963rd time a week or so ago, I got a message back that it's a known problem with XP/Vista, and there's now a fix. If you go to microsoft.com and search Internet Explorer crashes or some such, I'm sure you'll find it near the top. I haven't had a problem since I downloaded the fix from them. And yes, I think you're right re the update.

So sorry to hear about your loss, Merrieeee.

I think different people integrate their various sides in different ways. Some people are pretty much the same wherever they are. Some are not. My guess is that a lot depends on the unique demands of an individual's situation.

I had a roommate when I first moved here who had two very distinct personalities. She had her "professional" side which showed itself in pretty negative ways....rigidity, "seriousness" beyond what was needed for the situation, etc. When she was home she was the funniest person...great sense of humor...great heart.

I asked her one time why she didn't show people that side of her personality when she was at work. She said it was because she was a professional and professionals don't have fun when they are working. WTH? We work with kids! She always complained that people never invited her to things but I was always invited or she'd try to be funny like me but no one ever laughed, etc. She admitted she tried to take little bit of everybodys' personalities to create one of her own....YIKES.

What you see is what you get with me. The only thing I change from home to work is my potty mouth and that's just self-preservation! :)

djs, where is Ron, the God of Irony tonight?

Hmmm.....well, I'm not djs...and I don't know nuthin' 'bout no God of Irony :cryingwlaughter: ....but I DO know sumpin' 'bout this God of Iron!!

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

Or perhaps that should be ROD of Iron.... :whistling-1::hubbahubba:

A-men!!!! :worthy:

Thanks, 00lsee! Those are some great pics!

{{{{{merrieee}}}}} I am sorry about your MIL.

This has been a very fun, interesting day of discussion on this board. I love this board!!!

I grew up on farms near small towns. In third grade I was in a school room with 2 grades, 3 kids in each grade. Didn't have indoor plumbing until we moved to 10,000 person town in fifth grade. My graduating HS class was 80. I know from rural! LOL

{{{{merrieeee}}}} Love, hugs and prayers for you and your family. And this short poem...

FAREWELL MY FRIENDS

Farewell my friends

It was beautiful as long as it lasted

The journey of my life.

I have no regrets whatsoever

Save the pain I'll leave behind.

Those dear hearts who love and care

And the heavy with sleep, ever-moist eyes

The smile in spite of a lump in the throat

And the strings pulling at the heart and soul

The strong arms that held me up

When my own strength let me down.