#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

Playbiller..... :medium-smiley-075:

I want to thank you again for telling me how to find all posts by a specific person.

I can't believe how I used to tediously go through pages and pages trying to find a post from someone (because someone else had made reference to it and I needed to see the original for it to make sense) or for me to find a post I had only read half-way through 2 days ago and find it buried in a bunch of other posts.

NOW I find them so easily I can't believe how DUH DUH DUMB I was !!

I thought that by coming here I'd be learning a lot about Clay, and I'm learning so much more. To think I've been going to Invision forums since 2004 and I never knew some of these incredible features!

THANKS PLAYBILLER!!!

Lucky, it's very easy and quick to make mp4s of any video file you like. I have used both the ImToo MPEG Encoder 3 (easy to use) and the Media Converter SA Edition (more complicated, but allows more customization). Do a search on google and you'll find places to download them for free. I used the ImToo MPEG encoder free edition for quite awhile, but ended up paying for the full edition so that I could load more videos into it at a time, and to get rid of the 5 minute limit on video length. Let me know if you have any problems, and I'll try to help you!

EEEEEEEEEEEE, thanks! When I woke up I told my daughter that my task for the day (since today is our first official "Family Day" statuatory holiday here in Canada) was to figure out how to make my own mp4s. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Looking forward to clack of the FOX Chicago show this morning, since our FOX affiliate comes in from Detroit.

From Demeter at CV:

I just saw Clay on my TV!!!! Good Day Chicago. (local FOX channel)

It was a quick promo and I was not expecting it so I didn't hear when during the show they will be interviewing him.

I saw him singing during the finale with the girls dancing behind him. I had my tape ready but was not expecting it so early. I don't have a way to cap so I hope somone will be able to get it.

ETA: Another promo. He was the runner up on American Idol but he's number one on Broadway in Spamalot. Next... a behind the scenes interview.

ETA: Oh, he looked so good on my TV. The interview was the same as others I've seen. It seemed like it was a combination of all the others. It included Clay singing "The Idol of My Age", the dancing bit with the butt wiggle, and the last bit of singing that I think was on the other clips.

The interview part included the difficult choreography and thinking about the steps and how exhausting it is, the rasberry when talking about being cut from high school musicals.

Plus they had the anchor comments which were all positive then they went on to talk about the other Idols who have appeared on Broadway, plus the touring companies. But Clay they really talked about taking Broadway by storm and that he has had a very successful recording career and now is a Broadway star.

I hope someone capped this.

Awhile ago, I downloaded some converters and found a couple to be hard to use and slow. I don't think the ones I tried were ones mentioned here recently. One of them ran forever, then gave me a message that because it was the free version it only produced 30 seconds. Ugh.

I ended up with goldwave and so far converted several songs from the Christmas tour. It was easy to use and fast. The free version supposedly tracks the number of files you convert with a limit on the total, at which point you need to decide to purchase or to lose it.

Question. Are there any converters that separate the voices so you can remove individual sounds from the audio? I have a good version of the introductory song from the Christmas tour but there is a woman's voice yelling out that she love's Clay and a man's voice yelling out something that I can't figure out. I would love to take out those two voices from the audio. Does anyone know about any free or inexpensive software that has this capability?

I have another audio that I like for Celebrate Me Home but I want the voice part from the play towards the end removed. That may be easy. It seems like it would be a matter of cutting out a section of the audio. So I think this problem is covered.

DH loved the CD except for DSIAFCD. He laughed at all the screaming on that song. Clay's voice is sublime on the opening phrases of that song but I never cared for it much overall.

Awhile ago, I downloaded some converters and found a couple to be hard to use and slow. I don't think the ones I tried were ones mentioned here recently. One of them ran forever, then gave me a message that because it was the free version it only produced 30 seconds. Ugh.

I ended up with goldwave and so far converted several songs from the Christmas tour. It was easy to use and fast. The free version supposedly tracks the number of files you convert with a limit on the total, at which point you need to decide to purchase or to lose it.

Question. Are there any converters that separate the voices so you can remove individual sounds from the audio? I have a good version of the introductory song from the Christmas tour but there is a woman's voice yelling out that she love's Clay and a man's voice yelling out something that I can't figure out. I would love to take out those two voices from the audio. Does anyone know about any free or inexpensive software that has this capability?

I have another audio that I like for Celebrate Me Home but I want the voice part from the play towards the end removed. That may be easy. It seems like it would be a matter of cutting out a section of the audio. So I think this problem is covered.

DH loved the CD except for DSIAFCD. He laughed at all the screaming on that song. Clay's voice is sublime on the opening phrases of that song but I never cared for it much overall.

Since you already have Goldwave, you can add filters to remove certain things. For example, if the woman's voice is strident, you can remove that part. However, if the man's voice is relatively similar (in pitch not quality) to Clay's that'll be difficult. Separating human voices from instruments is relatively easy & I think some auto minus-one devices are available for this though goldwave already has the functions you need.

Mini-recap:

I had the most fun sitting with Ethel and other nice people at the middle of the front row on Saturday night. Meeting Ethel at the Florida VFC (where she stood by and waited to talk to me while I finished my business with the Gala) has been one of my best gifts from this fandom.

On the same vein which is the best MPG to MP3 converter to use? I have d/l a couple of them to try out and before I buy I want to know the best one! Thnx

merrieeee, I use this one and I believe I got the link to the freeware from Scarlett. It works and it's very easy.

http://www.geovid.com/Video_mp3_Extractor/

Yay scarlett!!! Its great to hear that you had fun...I would love to meet Ethel one day. I think she is a very interesting person.

So are you familiar with Adobe Soundbooth? I used it lately to convert and to cut up big audio files...there are so many other functions that I do not understand. I was wondering how I can take out screams or lessen the talking...

FROM CV via CH:

stripedshirts at CV wrote:

hi.....I got a meaty report to share w/ you all tonight, & I'd best post it before I collapse to sleep.

I attended the Broadway Bears XI Auction for Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids. The event fetched over 1/2 a million dollars, complete w/ individual corporate sponsors & the bears in the total.

You'd all be happy to know that Sir Robin Bear, at $17,000, fetched the HIGHEST total of the night of any of the 40 bears on the auction block, & it shocked the hell out of people. I was near bursting when the winning bid came through & it beat out the other bears that were thought to be the front runners: Pirate Queen Bear, Spring Awakening Bear, Little Mermaid/Ursula Bear & Jersey Boys Bear.

Here is a brief of the top earning bears that brought in the fat nos.:

The Lion King/Toomba Bear: $9000

Wicked/Elphaba Bear: $5000

Little Mermaid/Ursula Bear: $5000 (sold to an internet bidder)

Pirate Queen Bear: $4000

Young Frankenstein Bear: $4000

West Side Story/50th Anniversary Celebration/Maria Bear: $3000

Spring Awakening Bear $3400

Titanic Bear, complete w/ 2 tkts on Rosie O'Donnell's cruise: $3250 (someone got this for a steal)

Others I also caught, worthy of mention:

Beauty & the Beast Bear, complete w/ an autographed by Donny Osmond poster: $ 1400

The Color Purple Bear, signed by both Fantasia & Oprah Winfrey.......$1600

(wow, not even Oprah could raise the bar on this one)

this was sold to a telephone bidder

& the brave Sir Robin Bear: $17,000 :biggrin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a good feeling one of the fandom had won. To the winner, I will tell you that your winning total brought a collective gasp all around BB King's when the gavel was slammed onto the podium, & I was shrieking like crazy when the winning bid. was announced. What a triumphant moment!

When the Sir Robin bear was brought out to the auction, David Hyde Pierce wasn't there to help sell it - but due to schedule conflict, he couldn't. His picture was on the screens, holding the signed bear, then it transitioned into a picture of Clay dressed as Sir Robin, holding the rubber chicken.

The opening bid started at $3000, bringing 'ooohs' from the audience. The host of the show said, "This will separate the men from the boys....or the chicken from the egg", referring to the bear. In less than 2 minutes - barely under 1.5 minutes I'd say - the bids shot straight up to the teens. People were bidding hard & fast. I'm sure jaws were dropping as the nos. climbed, & the auctioneer was trying to keep up w/ the paddles & the shouts coming from her assistants who manned the phones & the bar, where there were additional bidders. It was just WILD!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Description of the materials for Sir Robin Bear, as per the Playbill I received & from having talked to the designer herself:

The chain metal was made with a painted knit. The shoulder & elbow guards are painted leather stretched over a thermoplastic base, studded w/ metal grommets. The robe is handpainted, complete w/ brown paint stains at the hem (to give it the 'distressed, sloshed-in-the-mud' look). The boots were formed w/ heavy paper, covered w/ painted leather. The belt is painted ribbon & lase on a leather base. The hair was teased w/ gel, & the rubber chickesn came from the Abracadabra Superstore. The rubber chickens squawk when squeezed & lays an egg.

The bear is just exquisite. ALL of the bears on display, were absolutely stunning, but of course, we only had eyes one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/str...ts/100_5128.jpg

This is the designer of this bear. Her name is Brionna McMahon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/str...ts/100_5130.jpg

Here is the view from the backside of the bear:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/str...ts/100_5131.jpg

In case you're all wondering where are David & Clay's siggys....well, they are under the robe. Under the pants, & on the butt, actually! According to the designer, that's where both guys signed, so I can imagine one name per buttcheek. She didn't want to pull the bear's pants down to give me a look, nor did I ask to (though that would've been so cool if she did) so you all will have to just imagine it til the winner, if he/she chooses to post it. but it'd have been funny to be mooned by a bear. No pic on the signed Sir Robin Bear, sorry guys.

Lastly, I absolutely ate up the reactions of the Auctioneer, the Event Organizer, & the Bear Designer.

The Auctioneer couldn't believe it. Maybe she didn't care, or expected something else - but from my reading, she didn't think Robin would get the biggest bid. duhh

The Event Organizer, who was having a beer after the event was done & over w/, was in a bit of a daze, but w/ dollar signs I'm sure, swimming around his head. I walked right into the moment where he was thanking some of the attendees, & said "We need to get Clay Aiken in here!" I shook his hand, congratulated him & said "You see? You listened to suggestions to get Clay to sign w/ David, & look what happened." I think he's just waking up to that fact.

The Designer, Brionna McMahon was the last one I spoke to. She was glowing w/ happy disbelief at how Sir Robin got so much money when in the past, the most one of her bears ever got, was $4000. & she's been contributing to BCEFA Broadway Bears Fundraiser for yrs & never saw anything like this. I gave her a hug, & said, 'I had a good feeling about your bear. You have bragging rights now'. She herself is also a fan of David Hyde Pierce - I'm sure she's now getting how Clay's name has help boost all interest :)

I can't wait to hear the reactions from David & Clay themselves. The Event Organizer I'm sure will be sending out Thank You letters to all those who helped make the event possible & no doubt may slip in a special note of thx to both Sir Robins.

This is all I can remember. I'm exhausted. I was gloating w/ glee all the way home tonight & want to especially congratulate the winner of this bear again. and oh by the way.....you're not getting the bear til March -- the event organizer is going to take a mental brake for about 2 wks before returning to send the bears out to the winners! Money first, teddy's second, so be patient! You'll see it coming to you in a few weeks, & I personally would love to hear from you :)

Rhustress at CB wrote:

Just got back from a whirlwind of a Sunday in NYC. I went to both the matinee and evening performances. I sat up front for both. One seat was way over to the side and the other was right in the center. I was unsure if I would like the seat on the side but I really did. I couldn't see everything that was happening on the stage but I could see stuff going on backstage which was cool. (Clay getting ready to come back on stage for his big number and others going on and off.)

This is my first time back since opening weekend and he has just grown into the role! I didn't think I could love it more but I do! My friend and I both noticed how his dancing was so much more relaxed and how he was getting his shoulders into it more. He was killing us! The moves the looks....WOW!

I LOVED the Camelot scene when he was chasing the girls around the stage shimming away....too cute! I don't know if this was mentioned upthread but he went to shake the hand of the peasant at the evening show the guy didn't see him and Clay had the funniest expression on his face. It was priceless. We were all laughing. Oh....the slow-mo horse riding action is a MUST SEE!

I would agree with others that said that tonights crowd seemed really loud and filled with lots of Clay fans. I can only compare it to opening weekend. Tonight's crowd was loud but not as loud as that night.

If I had the time I would figure out what you are all talking about. Other than tax software I've thrown aside every techno gadget I bought for the day I am bored with nothing to do. Since I'm still planting tulip bulbs and the daffodils are already blooming, I know that day will never be here.

About the blogger guy. I always thought blogs were for your friends to read so I don't bother whether good or bad. I hope no one bugged him.

Those pictures skrypkm took are to die for. I am amazed at the really good photographers in this fandom. And I appreciate all of them including the members of this board.

Hope you all have a great day!

About the blogger guy. I always thought blogs were for your friends to read so I don't bother whether good or bad. I hope no one bugged him.

I'm sorry, Fear, but bwahahaha! Whee!

Yes, people did apparently bug him and he has already removed the blog entry (or made it private, as some are speculating). So...yeah.

From CH:

hippoga at CB wrote:

Just a short note from our disaster of a hotel room that somehow must be packed up tonight! I've been in NYC since Thursday night and have seen 5 shows and I'm just heartbroken that I won't be seeing it tomorrow. I am totally certain that I could watch it every day til May 4th and find something new in Clay's expressions, body language and little conversations with the other characters onstage.

To give you some idea of how focused I've been on Clay this weekend, I JUST noticed tonight that the lyrics to "Always look on the bright side of life" are projected on the clouds in the background so the crowd can sing a long in the finale! I never looked any higher than Clay's head!

I don't know if tonight was the best show but it absolutely was the best crowd. For a Clay fan, that is! His every appearance drew a response and the solo number was absolutely a show stopper in the best Broadway tradition. Every time he paused, the audience just roared and he received a rousing ovation at the end AND when he kneeled down to King Arthur.

Clay did come out to sign autographs even tho it was raining. He had a hard time signing since many of the Playbills were wet and his sharpie didn't work well but he went down the length of the line and signed as best he could, often on the back of the Playbill where it was drier. Wearing the UK (Go Big BLUE!) hoodie again and jogging pants. Looked mighty fine! Was nice to see Quiana there. Was surprised to see Roger! Met many members of our board, some of whom don't post much-please start!

Do want to share one tidbit I heard. A new friend sat next to friends and family of Christopher Siebert who plays Galahad. They said he said that Hannah didn't want to come over to the US by herself so he came, too, even tho it will be a short stint in the role. They said he wasn't particularly looking forward to working with Clay but within two weeks "Clay owned the role" exact quote! From someone who should have an opinion worth some value!!

I'm being glared at. If I can gather my thoughts, I'll post a novel of a recap tomorrow night! It was a magical weekend. HippoGA

love the bolded part. I did sense a real camaraderie between Chris and Clay on stage. I think its great that it seems Clay earned his respect... COOL!!!

Yeah I don't understand this. Most of these small time blogs don't even get read by anyone. But we step up to plate, just as predictable as always. There's another one that didn't even mention Clay, just said something like his career has lasted all idols but Carrie and Kelly. The first two posts have already put Clay's resume. Why? I don't get that. And once you see the first person has attached a long lists of Clay's wonderful attributes why does the second person do it. Next thing you know Clay fans and haters will be duking it out on this poor Nascar person's blog. My mailmain told me the same thing, what am I supposed to do bring him in and give him and update and pout until he sees the light.

And now, I'm out of here. Some of us have to work.

The stage door picts have been so cute this past weekend. Loved the recaps too. Damn, April is so far away.

Well, good morning GORGEOUS!

SpamEve217.jpg

:hubbahubba: We need this posted more often.

I'm ridiculously pleased that the Sir Robin Bear went for such a high bid. I hadn't really even thought much about it before, I knew there was an auction, but didn't even pay attention to what it was for, or when it was. But for some reason, reading the report from the person that was there, and hearing the amount...well, I'm just all :flirtysmile3:

We picked a winner, y'all!

Why bid in an auction you can't win in? If I knew the bears would go so low, I might have considered bidding for the Dr Suess animal fromthe Grinch. It had a costume made from the same materials as the costume in the show! It was pretty cool. It would be nice to own something really valuable some day. I wonder if they have resale value?

I wonder if the people who were bidding against each other for Sir Robin knew each other? I wonder if it is a regular rivalry? It was interesting that some people were bidding in in the audience. I wonder why people don't bid on their own characters? It would be a great keepsake. Questions, we have questions, just like a three year old, we have lots and lots of questions.

Auctions scare the shit out of me! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm in a silly happy cloud this morning, just THINKING about Clay's HUGE impact on Broadway. :Boss: :Boss:

Established actors speak highly of him! (Chris Seibert and Hannah Waddingham)

Respected directors and writers speak highly of him! (Mike Nichols and Eric Idle)

He's bringing mucho buckos to another great cause! (Broadway Cares)

He's reviving excitement for a long-running musical on Broadway!

He's showing up on tv stations across the country, looking all grown up and whatnot!

He's (according to reports) only growing more confident and happy in the role of Sir Robin!

His friends share in his success! (Quiana and Tyra)

I swear it seems that Clay's like a metal detector, but instead of collecting discarded nickels and soda cans, he finds happiness and fun wherever he goes.

The man's a joy magnet!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Respected directors and writers speak highly of him! (Mike Nichols and Eric Idle)

He's showing up on tv stations across the country, looking all grown up and whatnot!

He's (according to reports) only growing more confident and happy in the role of Sir Robin!

Oh Wow!!!

muski, I loved you post !! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I like to accentuate the positive and there is soooooooo much positive with Clay right now !! He looks all kinds of hot in the stage door pictures ( thank you to all who bring them as well as the wonderful recaps ) and seems happy ! I love that man so much. :wub:

Auctions scare the shit out of me! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm in a silly happy cloud this morning, just THINKING about Clay's HUGE impact on Broadway. :Boss: :Boss:

I swear it seems that Clay's like a metal detector, but instead of collecting discarded nickels and soda cans, he finds happiness and fun wherever he goes.

The man's a joy magnet!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So true....I would add to your great list...he is recording a CD with a Grammy winning producer and getting ready to bring out brand new Clay MUSIC!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Heh, Heh - how many Idol spin offs do they have on the TVG channel now? Seems like 100, but...

From OleMass at CB

It's interesting how Claynguage is creeping into the media. I was just watching Idol Wrap with Justin Guarini and Kimberly Caldwell on the TV Guide Channel. They were discussing Kyle (You Raise Me Up). Deborah Byrd was on and they were discussing his elimination. Deborah said she would have liked to watch him grow as an artist. Kimberly then said she would have liked to have seen how they would have changed his style. Justin then added, "They would have Clayed him up!" It was a good mention, not mean-spirited in any way. Clay is still the standard by which other contestants are measured.

Not surprising, just mildly amusing, but I must now stop reading boards and get work done while the sun shins 62 degrees today!!!