#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

Next stop..."Speculation Station"...Alllll aboarrrd!

Seating currently available in the hand wringing car :wordpooper:

I'd rather hold onto a strap in an overflow lounge car than have a first-class seat with the hand-wringers. Besides, I don't think they'd like me. I don't worry much, normally wake up cheerful* and other obnoxious stuff like that.

* (As long as coffee is in the picture -- preferably strong black coffee with whipped cream on top).

That look is priceless! What is he signing there? A bobblehead of himself? :cryingwlaughter:

That look is priceless! What is he signing there? A bobblehead of himself? :cryingwlaughter:

Yep and the caption should read, "WTF is this?" BWAH! I love the look on his face. Can you imagine some of the stuff he must have to deal with? Yes, I bet you all can.

I'm actually making my own "Clay as Sir Robin" bear, and fortunately he'll end up costing much less than $17,000! Of course, he won't be autographed either. He's a work in progress right now. I even picked out a tousled looking blond fur....

DSC00643.jpg

Tomorrow he'll get a nice filling meal of poly-fill, a nose & mouth and I'll decide what to do with his ears vs. his wig. Then I can start on his chain mail, armor & tunic....

Oh annabear, can't wait to see him!!

lucky, I got the 80 gig iPod for Christmas and am enjoying the heck out of it. It's kept me company in waiting rooms, on plane rides and just about everywhere since I got it. Have fun filling it up. I've hardly cracked the surface of storage in mine but I add a few more things every week.

Ooooh, Annabear, where did you get the red wig? I wanna build a bear.

Last year the top bid on a Broadway bear was 8,000. Question is - did Spooky win? Somehow I feel like she is the Clay historian and really will open that Clay museum some day! I wonder how many hard drives full of Clay stuff she has?

LOL, muski! Um, no...... :blush:

Once I get the outfit done, I'll add up exactly how much he cost to make. I might take some orders if anyone is interested when I post a pic of the finished product. He'll be 18" tall. BTW, making bears is how I got my nickname/screenname!

Play, I actually found a good deal on the doll wig here - Kemper Dolls. After messing with it a bit, I think it'll look pretty close.

While surfing around other places I have decided that the scroll wheel on my mouse is my new best friend!

Nuff said!!!

Oh and Annabear the bear is going to be so cute! Put me down for one.

I love the bears at Build-A-Bear but they don't have the Robin costume!

Clack alert...Clay is going to be interviewed tomorrow morning on Good Day Chicago...a Fox Station...it airs between 5 and 9 a.m. Thanks to Jazzgirl for this info!

Guess I won't be sleeping in on my day off!

Kim

Kim, I'm guessing Clay will be in the latter part when viewership is the highest, but I'm not taking any chances and taping the whole thing.

Probably the last ten minutes, that is usually when he is on!

Kim

So some nasty unhappy little blogger commented that the next highest bid bear went for $9K. They should be kissing the bidders ass, but ... you know some people have to mock others for their genrousity. Silly people. I hope someone puts them straight.

Quick question - does anyone know if there are mp4 conversions of any of the older files? I have been helping myself to all the AI Rewind stuff, as well as lots of great DCAT (SRHP) and CITH and even some JNaT stuff. A few of the later TV appearances, too. But I was just wondering if there were any conversions of the older tours or TV appearances? TIA. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Lucky, it's very easy and quick to make mp4s of any video file you like. I have used both the ImToo MPEG Encoder 3 (easy to use) and the Media Converter SA Edition (more complicated, but allows more customization). Do a search on google and you'll find places to download them for free. I used the ImToo MPEG encoder free edition for quite awhile, but ended up paying for the full edition so that I could load more videos into it at a time, and to get rid of the 5 minute limit on video length. Let me know if you have any problems, and I'll try to help you!

So some nasty unhappy little blogger commented that the next highest bid bear went for $9K. They should be kissing the bidders ass, but ... you know some people have to mock others for their genrousity. Silly people. I hope someone puts them straight.

Play... I think the blog would have been ignored by most if he hadn't used "Miss Clay Aiken". He's an idiot, for sure!

Interview in the early a.m. So much for Clay's day off. I'm sure he'll be at Quiana's and Sean's performance tomorrow night. I was just wondering the other day if Sean will get to see Clay in Spamalot. I'm sure he can hear him, but will he take a day off and see the play, I wonder.

Aparently he changed the blog some. The version I saw was not as nice as what is posted now. Really, he criticizes people for giving money to a cause he supposedly supports? Who is that stupid?

Time to go back to refolding sheets. Why do I have so much crap? A family of 6 lived in this house before and they had fewer closets? I had two added! I can't wait until after 4/15 when I can take half the towels and sheets and blankets to the beach and leave them there.

Soooooo, if Roger Wydnowski now works for Idol, then this plays into my dream-theory about the Finale. But, what if it's just that Roger actually LIKES Clay? Could it be that Roger never hated Clay at all, and never plotted his downfall, but actually likes and supports him? Wouldn't that just blow the roof off!

The amusing part is all the negative comments about Roger. I would have thought "professionals" would know better, because every nasty little comment can be easily picked up and examined. I don't mean people should only post nice things, or anything like that at all, it is just some comments seem unprofessional.

It just seems silly that people have projected their feelings about Roger so emphatically that they think Clay must also be on board with that. My feeling is that Clay lives and works in a world that is, thankfully, quite closed to the fans. He must feel like a fish in an aquarium sometimes. I say 'fish" because it doesn't seem like a lot of people see him as a human being just like themselves, or something.

Playbiller, the Bear Blogger said this:

(I'd almost pay again to hear him sing "you can't survive on Broadway if you don't have any Jews")

so I think all he means is that he has already paid once to see the show. I bet he has learned his lesson about mentioning Clay in his blog. Personally, I didn't find his comments in the same universe of distaste and embarassment that I feel when I read some fans' comments!

Not looking forward to reading how the P.R. for the next CD SHOULD be done, and then the negativity and carping when that doesn't happen as instructed. I can hear the rustling of feathers starting, though. The actual CD? Shivers.

So far, every single picture I have seen of Clay at the stage door is just glorious - it is funny watching AI Rewind and thinking about how far he has travelled since then, truly meteoric, IMO. Also funny how Corey all but disappeared. Watching again, I find I really like Trenyce better than KimL, and like Josh Gracin a lot more this time.