#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

Up to his neck?? There has to be at least a little exaggeration/wishful thinking there. Apart from the fact he has a belt around his middle, I'm sure he'd fix it if flapped up too far

:cry4:

Gosh, cindilu.....it's a good thing I'd already eaten most of my cornflakes before you pissed in them! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm gonna pretend that every word she said is the truth, dammit! And I'm going to pretend that it was ME in that front row looking at a prostrate guard whose tunic was all the way up to his chin and therefore whose lower body was gloriously wrapped only in fake chainmail tights.

yes, I am. :hubbahubba:

Hee! I so sowwy!!! And just exactly what the hell do I know anyway? It coulda happened!!!!!

Thanks for posting the lovely clayaikenpix, ldyj! That first one is YUMMMY. I love the playful, just bordering on naughty look in his eyes. And although I like the ones from the AP/Spam interview, I still like the ones we already got better.

And I want to know exactly what Clay does with his eyes when he takes pictures to make them look so fantastic and magnetic. They are gorgeous, mesmerizing, and they just draw you in!

Thanks for posting the lovely clayaikenpix, ldyj! That first one is YUMMMY. I love the playful, just bordering on naughty look in his eyes. And although I like the ones from the AP/Spam interview, I still like the ones we already got better.

Yeah, that ^ ^ ^

And I want to know exactly what Clay does with his eyes when he takes pictures to make them look so fantastic and magnetic. They are gorgeous, mesmerizing, and they just draw you in!

I do believe that's known as the legendary, patented Clay Aiken Eyef*ck.

I just hope someone pets and kisses those adorable crinkly smile lines beside his eyes...and does it in such a way that the little sideways smirk wavers...just a bit.

And yeah, I think the words luminous and liquid often apply to those eyes. Some terminology ain't just for romance novels, y'all. Sometimes it's for real.

Hey, Y'all!

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts and prayers and whatnot for my sweet little Aunt Hilda.

Long day - left at 9am home right around 7pm.

They have her morphined up pretty good so no more stories. Sadly.

They are making her "as comfortable as possible". I got to sit with her - just me and her - for a good while so my cuz could go take a break after staying all night. Mostly I just sat and read my book while petting her hand. That was okay. I kind of feel like I made peace with her final passage, so to speak. Wish I could ask her more about Mama but I think she'll be taking her secrets with her.

By the time I left her tonight her eyes had that vacant look. Probably the morphine, but I don't think it's going to get better.

Early in the day - when she was still talking a bit, but confused - she asked me "What store are we in?".

And once when she'd dozed for a while, she opened her eyes and said, "I had a dream about you!" Then she looked around at me, my Sis and my Niece, and she said, "I dream YOU came to see me and YOU came to see me and YOU came to see me!" All in kind of an amazed voice. It was cute. But - you know - she had just taken reality and turned it into a dream in her morphine-fuzzed brain.

Just little things. She was still trying to communicate to us on some level.

But as the day progressed, they increased the morphine and a little more of her slipped away.

I hope she has a peaceful night. And a peaceful passing. But she still seems to be hanging on. Bless her.

Thanks again for the cyber hugs.

Now - no news on BF today?? I know. It's Monday, maybe it's good there's no news.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Absolutely nothing. "The eyes are the window to the soul."

He's just that gorgeous inside and out. :wub:

ialreadyam... sniff... you made me schmoopie! He is the bestest, that's for sure!

I was thinking, after those great reviews, about his journey. 5 years... f.i.v.e. years... he was a young man, tall, skinny, dorky, didn't think he was a chick magnet, knew he had a great voice, knew he was smart, knew he was funny, wanted to better the world. The earth shifted its axis for him and wonder of wonders, that shift hasn't changed the core of him.

I would love to get inside his head and know what he thinks about himself now. Does he know how sexy that fearlessness of his is? His determination to give his all to anything he choses to attempt? What a man! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I doubt I was as close as Scarlett but I did see the tunic and it did flip up. He was exposed from his waist to his socks, lying there in his wooly tights.

I don't want to disappoint but there was nothing of epic proportions...there was a bit of bulging....but it wasn't epic, by any means.

I don't want to disappoint but there was nothing of epic proportions...there was a bit of bulging....but it wasn't epic, by any means.

A BIT of BULGING?

a BIT, you say?

Merely a BIT?

jj!...I thought you LIKED my stories?!?!? :huh:?

:cryingwlaughter:

Well, pooh. I don't care what anybody who was actually there says! I'm sure it was dark in there and we KNOW all about his BITS, you know? :whistling-1:

ialreadyam... sniff... you made me schmoopie! He is the bestest, that's for sure!

I was thinking, after those great reviews, about his journey. 5 years... f.i.v.e. years... he was a young man, tall, skinny, dorky, didn't think he was a chick magnet, knew he had a great voice, knew he was smart, knew he was funny, wanted to better the world. The earth shifted its axis for him and wonder of wonders, that shift hasn't changed the core of him.

I would love to get inside his head and know what he thinks about himself now. Does he know how sexy that fearlessness of his is? His determination to give his all to anything he choses to attempt? What a man! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK, I am confused here, I thought Clay was a chick magnet in Highschool and had a small group of Groupies hanging around him. Now Middle school was something else.....Didn't we discuss this a while ago? I guess I should search back for what was said, because I forget the resolution.

What he thinks about today? I think he wasnta career in entertainement, but would still not appear on the Surreal Life, if it came to that. I think he looks around at the fortunes of different people he was on AI with and feels lucky, I think he looks at what happened in other years with some surprise, but since he helped make the show more credible, why not... I don't think he really envies anyone and is happy with his life. It could be better, but then again, it could be worse.

Specualtions R us

Runs in and squeezes FCA real tight. I am keeping my eye on the prize. Going to NYC for me won't be a quickie but I'll be there for 12 days and that's why I am working every spare moment - so I won't be living on the street while I'm there. OK I'm exaggerating but I want to eat at good restaurants and not the dollar menu from the local take out joint.

I'm so proud of Clay. He just continues to amaze me after all this time. I am thrilled by the AP review and the Newsday review. What I particularly liked about the latter is that the woman shared her preconceived notions. She didn't hold out much expectations for excellence from Clay. And she didn't allow that preconceive notion to dictate her review.

A couple of things jumped out at me...this is not a debut for cowards..or something like that. Nope it isn't. Now that it's a success it's easy to say..yeah but this role was perfect for him. But to me it was not the obvious choice and it was damn risky. That he would work hard at it, well I knew he would But all the practice in the world doesn't guarantee that you will be good at anything. We didn't have much to go on..I'd say his concerts told me more than his few little acting gigs. He turned himself into another person during I Survived You... I always thought that was some good acting, not reliving some evils perpetuated against him. I remember a couple of times him finishing up the song with the audience going crazy and him cracking up...like geeze I'm not serious hee. Anyway, did I say I was proud of him.

Second thing that jumped out at me was ...

After all, Clay Aiken, unknown until he was the runner-up in the second season of "American Idol," had been cast, with alarming hoopla, to play Sir Robin and assorted zanies

IT hit me that people come and go all the time on Broadway but they really did pull out all the stops for Clay. That alone can lead to all sorts of acceptance issues, just further proof that he had it easy. But as Clay said in his interview he anticipated resistance. I'm so happy that his cast mates have embraced him. Of all the scenarios that I envisioned when he took this part, we really have been living the best cast scenario. And that's why I'm keeping my eye on the prize. I just wouldn't miss this for anything in the world.

I just hope someone pets and kisses those adorable crinkly smile lines beside his eyes...and does it in such a way that the little sideways smirk wavers...just a bit.

And yeah, I think the words luminous and liquid often apply to those eyes. Some terminology ain't just for romance novels, y'all. Sometimes it's for real.

That made me all scmoopie! :lilredani:

I doubt I was as close as Scarlett but I did see the tunic and it did flip up. He was exposed from his waist to his socks, lying there in his wooly tights.

I'm sure you don't mean to piss on my parade or anything, JJ, but....just so I'm clear....Do you mean "epic proportions" by normal standards or Clay standards? :hubbahubba:

And WORD to your entire post, Couchie! Have a great trip.

funny-pictures-orange-cat-tongue-ta.jpg

Just because. :cryingwlaughter:

Runs in and squeezes FCA real tight. I am keeping my eye on the prize. Going to NYC for me won't be a quickie but I'll be there for 12 days and that's why I am working every spare moment - so I won't be living on the street while I'm there. OK I'm exaggerating but I want to eat at good restaurants and not the dollar menu from the local take out joint.

I'm so proud of Clay. He just continues to amaze me after all this time. I am thrilled by the AP review and the Newsday review. What I particularly liked about the latter is that the woman shared her preconceived notions. She didn't hold out much expectations for excellence from Clay. And she didn't allow that preconceive notion to dictate her review.

A couple of things jumped out at me...this is not a debut for cowards..or something like that. Nope it isn't. Now that it's a success it's easy to say..yeah but this role was perfect for him. But to me it was not the obvious choice and it was damn risky. That he would work hard at it, well I knew he would But all the practice in the world doesn't guarantee that you will be good at anything. We didn't have much to go on..I'd say his concerts told me more than his few little acting gigs. He turned himself into another person during I Survived You... I always thought that was some good acting, not reliving some evils perpetuated against him. I remember a couple of times him finishing up the song with the audience going crazy and him cracking up...like geeze I'm not serious hee. Anyway, did I say I was proud of him.

Second thing that jumped out at me was ...

After all, Clay Aiken, unknown until he was the runner-up in the second season of "American Idol," had been cast, with alarming hoopla, to play Sir Robin and assorted zanies

IT hit me that people come and go all the time on Broadway but they really did pull out all the stops for Clay. That alone can lead to all sorts of acceptance issues, just further proof that he had it easy. But as Clay said in his interview he anticipated resistance. I'm so happy that his cast mates have embraced him. Of all the scenarios that I envisioned when he took this part, we really have been living the best cast scenario. And that's why I'm keeping my eye on the prize. I just wouldn't miss this for anything in the world.

Damn. 12 days in NYC. That's expensive. No wonder you're working an extra job. But it'll be so worth it.

I'm glad you brought up the hoopla. I noticed that phrase too. The hoopla is what gave me confidence that he was going to be fantastic. I was surprised at the huge amount of money they spent--on the newspaper ads, the buses, the train stations, the TV commercials and so forth--so I thought they must have done it because they knew what a perfect little gem of a comedy they had to offer with the new cast. Broadway is one place where hoopla is meaningless if you can't back it up. There's where I have to give Nichols & Co. credit, that they were able to tell before the final rehearsals were done how good he, and they, were going to be.

And now, I'm going to get up from the sofa where I accidentally fell asleep sitting up--ouch--and go to bed!!

KAndre puts her hands on her hips and waggles a knowing finger at Couchie...

Chick! As an auxillary minion of the eHP, I thought we brainwashed indoctrined encouraged you to believe in our philosophy - good restaurants AND the dollar menus! No discrimination except against bad food!

Twelve days in NYC? I'm impressed - I know I couldn't do it - a week in one place is about my limit....

Damn, I think I'm going to need to join y'all in second job mode - I'm beginning to feel the possibilities of a summer tour - and I gotta go to Japan this year. And I neeeeeeeeeeed a new GPS. One whose updates don't kill it.

As for the lack of epic bulging (heh) - frankly we know at least two of his triggers aren't in the dead guard scene - chesty broads or him singing the frick out of something...clearly, playing fake dead isn't as stimulating and provides a nice opportunity for a nap...

Since I couldn't sleep, I am continuing the winnowing of my clack stash and have started on 2004 (95 GB in 2,000 files). I'm up to IT Miami. It's amazing the number of files I have labeled "Some City- WDC grind" from the majority of clack gatherers - except for one named, let me see, oh yeah, Scarlett. You would think Clay was just a singing head! Periodically she pulls back, but within seconds, she is drawn back to the head and shoulders of one Clay Aiken - it's almost like she has a fetish or something!

Of the first 50 files, I could only get rid of 6. I think I'm gonna have a problem.

Good Morning Everyone,

Woke up to a winter wonderland this morning; not looking forward to heading out work in this mess (hoping I'll get a phone call telling me the library is closed), but it does look pretty outside. Probably 4 inches of snow on the ground and the trees are covered; it is just so quiet and peaceful now, no snowplows as of yet.

Yummy new banner! Thanks Cindilu!

12 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

25 Days until Spring!

68 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

70 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

aikim, don't know where you are for sure, but according to the weather guy, where I am sitting is considered, 'the heart of the storm.' :P Pretty as anything. (I will take pictures when I get dressed...like tomorrow or something) but I am looking at 8" of snow (why can't that 8" be of something useful, you know?) with a prediction of maybe 4-6 more throughout the day.

As long as I don't lose power and can watch Clack, I have no complaints. bottlecap :imsorry-1: you have to drive in this stuff. I'm thinking of you.

Beautiful new banner up there!

12 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

25 Days until Spring!

Wheeee! I am so sick of winter. But on the bright side, the big storm they were predicting to hit our area seems to have missed us. We are getting snow, but only a couple of inches. Unfortunately, my car died yesterday, and I had it towed to a mechanic's shop last night. So I am waiting for the phone to ring with the bad news $$. Trying to be postive here! :)

I'm still finding old Cd's I had stashed away, to rip into my iTunes. Heh, it's 80 gb, I'm never going to fill it up! But it's fun trying. I'm over 3400 songs now, plus I've got all the AI2 videos on it, some favourite montages, the David Foster Gala stuff (my favourite!) and whatever misc mp4's I could find in the vaults. Next up - video from at least one venue from each Clay concert tour. Maybe that will inspire me to get back to the gym at some point this week. Will be cool to watch while I'm walking on that treadmill.....

Love the new banner! Hope Clay had a restful day yesterday and is back in top form tonight. I wonder when he'll blog again? It's been a while. But I guess he's been kinda busy. ;)

Of the first 50 files, I could only get rid of 6. I think I'm gonna have a problem.

Not if you get rid of those 6 over here... :whistling-1:

The thought of going through all the clackstacks that are strewn in various hard drives and cd piles/files and car side pockets and whatnot is actually stress inducing, so I ain't gonna do it. :fca:

Mornin', all! I'm sorry for any bad weather anybody's enduring. We've had rainy, dreary weather for a while and then yesterday the sun came out and it was lovely. I'm hoping this trend continues---dreary weather just makes me want to sleep.

Here's hoping Clay got some much needed rest and is up (heh) and rarin' to go knock 'em dead again! :DoClay:

aikim, don't know where you are for sure, but according to the weather guy, where I am sitting is considered, 'the heart of the storm.' :P Pretty as anything. (I will take pictures when I get dressed...like tomorrow or something) but I am looking at 8" of snow (why can't that 8" be of something useful, you know?) with a prediction of maybe 4-6 more throughout the day.

As long as I don't lose power and can watch Clack, I have no complaints. bottlecap :imsorry-1: you have to drive in this stuff. I'm thinking of you.

gnome_snow_grass.gif PPffttbb! I took the day off and stayed home. My only jobs today are watching Clack and shoveling snow. snowshovel.jpg

Although, I swear I just say this guy strolling down my street... polarbear2.gif

It snowed here too, but not as much (maybe 2-4 inches). Not enough to cancel school. However, right now....my throat is raw, my head is filled with gunk, and I'm drinking lots of tea. So, it's good in that I'm not at work, but bad because I feel lousy.

I'm making myself feel better by listening to my CITH song. Remember that project? Anyone? Anyone? I know luckiest1 is finished with hers. I've only got about 25 more to listen to, and then make my final decisions. I can at least get through the major portion of them today.

For those who have to go out today and are in the middle of bad weather -- please drive safe.

I hope Clay is feeling much better today too, and that he got lots of rest yesterday.