#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

another WRAL report from CH:

WRAL's behind the scenes of Spamalot revealed that Clay's crotch tear has been repaired 3 times. Sometimes Clay just mouths the words in group songs because he can't breath. There's even a gray hair in his red wig. They also showed his very small dressing room. He looked great, I must say. There were clips of him singing "Idol of my age" and some others from his solo song. Also said that every single cast member has been great to him. Now that they've aired this, maybe there will be video up soon on their site. I'm sure geekette hasn't seen the light of day yet.

ETA: They showed the wall of fame and his picture is not up there yet. But there is a picture there of a girl from Raleigh who played the second Lady of the Lake.

Good Morning Everyone,

10 Days until Daylight Savings Time! :smile:

23 Days until Spring!

66 Days until The Closing Day of Spamalot!

68 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

bwah CG..you and the hair..

What? Hair is VERY important!!!!! Hair is the window to hotness (among other things...)!

RUN TO WRAL!!!

the spamalot behind the scenes is up

click on little picture of Clay on the right side

he is soooo cute...so funny...great clip of Idol of my age...

It seems all the Clay Nation is trying to get this video. All it is doing is buffering and buffering.

Come on folks! Get off the site! I have to go to work!

Thanks, ansa. I managed to watch it before most people came into the office this morning. Well, the one guy came in, made his usual little crack-on-Clay remark, but I can handle him. ;)

Hee, that was a cute interview. Little shit miming clapping his hands while not singing during his solo, CMSU! And so cool to see the little bits of on-stage footage. Do you think he's proud of that crotch tear? LMAO!

I've got the two clips from last night loaded up on the iPod, so I'm good to hit 'repeat' on them today while I work. So great to have fresh album clack! I love what we've heard so far. Played it for my daughter and she was v.v. impressed, too.

Good Morning!

But I found him so fascinating and so open. This felt like he was letting us in....just a little.

Or maybe letting himself out a little more?

Down smutters!

Hey, in the video where he and Quiana and Kipper are talking about "what love's done for me", who's the David Spade guy in the room? Anybody know?

I just love seeing Quiana there with him doing backing tracks!!!

He cracks me up! We finally have it "on tape"! He admits he can dance!! Even if he is spoofing - I want that little soundbyte on loop!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

It pays to log on later - Just saw the video, what a riot - Clay was going to snitch, hee. Name address, everything!

Clay is incredibly funny, he has such a quick-witted mind. I love watching his interviews because he always makes me laugh. I wouldn't be surprised if his first movie is a comedy, although I'd love to see him do a strong dramatic role one day.

FYI - Woot.com has a remanufactuired scheduler Roomba on sale for $99. I bought a $99 scoomba and I am very pleased with it and have had it for quite a while. I have had my Roomba from woot for a year now and it works great, it just takes a little longer to charge.

Play... what language is this you are speaking? What the heck is a Roomba and Scoomba???? :cryingwlaughter:

Love the latest clip... he is soooo funny and CUTE!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Gotta go to work....>>>>>

Roomba is a robot vacum that you scedule to run while you are at work and have it clean your floors. A Scoomba needs more watching. It is a robot floor scrubber. They do a good job and youcan do other things! There is also a workshop floor cleaner that picks up nuts and bolds and other large pieces and a robot gutter cleaner you put in on one end and it runs through and washes your gutters. (no more moving the ladder).

Been lurking due to tax return hell, but enjoying Clay's videos when I can and reading your comments. They have decided to extend our volunteer time to the end of April due to the tax incentive rebates, so my other Spamalot visit seems to be fading away. :cry4:

Sorry about your aunt, Cotton.

Loved the Robin bears. Loved the pictures and banners.

The little girl I tutor ran up to me and hugged me for the first time yesterday. It's a good sign that she doesn't just think of her mom all the time. She's also starting to work more intensely. Makes me feel really good. The little things in life.

clay looked so cute in that last video, and he seemed pretty proud of the fact that he was ripping the crotch area of his tights. i think thats adorable. and i'm hoping to get a close-up next month when i go and hopefully they will not have been repaired. i think i'm going to have to invest in a good pair of binoculars.

and playbiller, i would love one of those robot vacuums but i'm afraid my dog would try to play with it and destroy it. he's only medium sized but he can do a lot of damage. suprisingly though, he is good with his toys, unlike my other dog that would rip the stuffing or tear open every toy within 5 minutes. but my new doggie likes anything that is hard, cd's, pens, containers. so that vacuum would be history.

on a serious note, i just want to say that clay impresses me more every day. the way he went back out on that stage last night when he still seemed to be feeling pretty rough speaks so much about not only his work ethic, but also his love for his fans. i love him more everyday and lord, i wish there were more like him, especially one who is in his 40's, lives near me, and is available. pray for me people.

I've been in lurk only mode here of late, but felt obligated to respond to Gibby's camera question.

I love Panasonics. LOVE them. I've had 3 in a row, buying my latest one this fall. In fact, I got a Canon S5 and ended up never using it and giving it to my husband as a gift. He loves it, and that let me upgrade my Panasonic.

My current camera is a Panasonic Lumix FZ8. It's 8 megapixels and has an 18x zoom, which is just awesome. The color is very "true" with this camera, and I have to do very little color correction. Not only does it take great Clay concert pictures indoors, but got amazing pictures in Hawaii when we were there for my son's wedding.

It has a Leica lens which is awesome, and is considered to have the fastest focus around, which is VERY helpful.

As a side note, Karen Eh & dc4clay both upgraded to this camera in November as well. A sample:

242161773_9rnsn-XL.jpg

Good luck.

Thank you soooo much for the reply, Perma! That Panasonic sounds like an awesome camera. I'm starting to do some research on it!

RUN TO WRAL!!!

the spamalot behind the scenes is up

click on little picture of Clay on the right side

he is soooo cute...so funny...great clip of Idol of my age...

Clay is CUTE, CUTE, CUTE in this video!! Heeee, rips in the croch - and just why would that be, Clay???? :cryingwlaughter:

Hooray for all of the fantastic clack we've gotten lately.

Looks like I'm going to have to rebuild my laptop. :cry4: It's being extremely funky, and I can barely make it work. It has no viruses, but the icons just won't show up.

Dogs are not particularly fod of the roombas, mine "runs away! Runs away!" it is very heavy plastic and weighs enough to bear down on the rug, hence not easy for a dog to mess with, especially when they are being chased. My dog sits on the couch and watches it run around the room and barks at it, but willnot get near it.

Fear, the key to not being ignored is not to interupt smut. just a tip. I will call you later while I am biding my time for my test. I actually entered you number, now I have to enter a few hundred others.

There's a new 7 minute video on the WRAL website, "Backstage at Spamalot." I've only just started watching, but he takes us into the costume room. And crap, I've got to leave now!!!!

CRAP!!!

But I did see where he talks about "needing more room" in his costume....heh.

But I did see where he talks about "needing more room" in his costume....heh.

Well, he didn't exactly say THAT, ldyjocelyn...he said "modifications"...but WE all know what he meant. *wink wink* :)

He said crotch in the video I saw, luckiest...where are you hearing about underwear and tunics? Is there MORE footage? I mean, what am I saying...of course there's more footage, hence the problem, but is there more video? ETA: never mind. I see there's MORE VIDEO!!!! *zoom*

ETA AGAIN: OMG, now that is funny. Thanks for alerting me to this additional stuff! Whee!

Don't y'all just love it how Clay Aiken has not changed...He still appreciates and points out the supporting players. LOVE it that he knew the costumer's name.

Clay is so darn CUTE!!!

As for one of those Roomba thingies...I could never buy one, firstly because I know I'd trip over it and break an ankle and secondly because of this SNL parody I happened to see on tv one late night (may offend some). Ruined it for me. lol