#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

I think Clay was very proud of the work he did on ATDW but I also think he was ready to move on to the next thing as soon as the promotion was over...I noticed that as soon as he was done with Kimmel, etc. he started letting his grow out and I have always thought that the long mane of the 2006 JNT was sort of his declaration of independence from the turmoil of ATDW and all the other stuff of 2006...just Clay going back to being himself and not some stylized popstar.

Kim

but I think this next CD will be much more creative and personal because he went through those hard times. I am one who believes challenging experiences happen for a reason and how we deal with those challenges determines much of our future. I watch the process with Clay and I am in awe of how this relatively young man has handled his public life over the last 5 years. Titanium indeed!

I so agree with this. And you know what..IMO Faye taught him this - how not to let bad things destroy you. Some people would have never recovered or would need therapy for the rest of their lives. It's hard for some to believe he could get through that without it...but she's a tough bird and she passed that along to her son. Again IMO.

In NYC - between streeets is a 10th of a mile. Between Avenues is 1/4 of a mile.

Penn station is between 8th and 9th avenues at 32rd street. Shubert is between 7th and 8th avenue at 44 st,

I think she said Grand Central?? Which is closer to 42nd Street but I am not sure which avenues.

eta: 6th & 7th maybe?

In NYC - between streeets is a 10th of a mile. Between Avenues is 1/4 of a mile.

Penn station is between 8th and 9th avenues at 32rd street. Shubert is between 7th and 8th avenue at 44 st,

I think she said Grand Central?? Which is closer to 42nd Street but I am not sure which avenue.

When I was in New York I used the bus a lot...it was pretty easy to figure out IMO.

Well, this was the first picture that came to my mind :hubbahubba:

Talking about crotch pictures, I recall seeing one on this board of Clay sitting on a stool, I believe in brown or gray slacks, which left very little to one's imagination. hubba hubba. Does anyone remember this one and can someone post it again if they know which one I am talking about? Do you have this one Muskie? :hubbahubba:

I'm not muski, but I hope this will do.....you can never have too many Clay crotch shots I always say. heh

Thanks, Treenuts. Yep, that is the one I was talking about.

Talking about crotch pictures, I recall seeing one on this board of Clay sitting on a stool, I believe in brown or gray slacks, which left very little to one's imagination. hubba hubba. Does anyone remember this one and can someone post it again if they know which one I am talking about? Do you have this one Muskie? :hubbahubba:

I'm not muski, but I hope this will do.....you can never have too many Clay crotch shots I always say. heh

Is my board screwed up?? Cause I can't see this picture or link or anything!! :cry4:

btw - I fixed the first quote in this post!

Is my board screwed up?? Cause I can't see this picture or link or anything!! :cry4:

Cha Cha,

The picture is up thread. Go back a few pages. You can't miss it. :hubbahubba:

OK, Grand Central is betwen 42 & 43rd streets and between 5th ave and park? I think, so less than a mile.

I guess my train of thought went -- Claygasm --- Philly -- that train goes to Penn Station.

Good train of thought, Play! I do come into Penn Station when I go, but I found a really rate at a hotel near Grand Central for next weekend and my lurker friend sometimes comes into Grand Central so I was wondering if it were walkable. I like walking in NY much better than subways, buses or trains.

Of course I don't have Spamalot tickets for next weekend, but that's a mere technicality!

ETA: From CB via the CH:

This is cool ... Look who's on the cover!

New York City Guide

So who's going to pick up several hundred copies for everyone??

goldarngirl and luckiest1 - I'm downloading your "Best of Canandaiqua" series right now, and hopefully I'll have time to watch it over the week-end. Thanks. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Even though I still wish you had picked a venue with a name I could actually spell. :imgtongue:

RochesterDCATTongue.jpg

Hmmm believe me, it is not easy, the first few vids were entitled Candanaigua. I was set straight but it's still a struggle.

I have been laughing my head off (the ass is hopelessly fixed in place) because there is one of those gain wealth websites using Clay as a person who dared take a chance. Well, I know they watn hits, but I'll be damned (tm not CHA) before I will ggive them hits. OK, it does not take much to amuse me anymore.

I finally got a chance to watch the long version of the Behind the Scenes video from WRAL.

I read some blogs and mentions of Clay in Spamalot that acknowledge (sometimes reluctantly) how well he's captured the stage on Broadway.

I see a new playbill with him on the cover and a page article with another picture inside.

I hear the first notes of new music and can feel HIS excitement (heh) when he talks about it. I can't wait.

Dare we dream of a summer tour?

What a wonderful year so far! I'm so damned proud of Clay I can't stand it. He's...when I see his picture or listen to him talk or sing...when I think of who he is....

I FEEL HAPPY!

Ah, my bad! Right...the new NYC Visitors' Guide! WOW! The article and picture are INSIDE the current playbill, right? Or am I still cornfused?

I just want to give Clay a big ole' hug. And then perhaps a kiss on the cheek. Before I suck in his right earlobe. And then nibble the little pokey hairs in the hollow of his throat. As I connect the freckles on his tummy with a finger....to be followed by my...

But I digress.

The article and picture are INSIDE the current playbill, right?

Yes, the article and picture are inside the new Playbill.

Playbills always have a graphic for the play that you're seeing on the front.

So, two different forms of excellent publicity.

You are making your avatar blush becomingly.

the Playbill...click it twice

th_080301_Playbill_O.jpg

Wow, nice write up! And is this the first mention we've heard of the possibility of a summer tour? The part about maybe working at a Mcdonalds in 10 years cracked me up. Yeah, right, Clay. :P

I spent last evening driving in snow/sleet/ice. What a mess, what normally is a 3 hour round trip turned into 5. But I have so much audio on my iPod, I don't even think I scratched the surface in all that time! It was Beatles-only on the way there, but after I dropped my son off with his dad, it was Clay-only all the way home. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

the Playbill...click it twice

th_080301_Playbill_O.jpg

I just read that .... and noticed the mention of 2 being Clay"s lucky number.

By coincidence, this crossed my mind a couple days ago about Clay and the Number 2.

He auditioned in 2002

He had to audition TWICE, because he was 'cut' in Charlotte

He had to perform TWICE for the TV audience, before he was accepted into the Top 12.

He came 2nd to Ruben's win

It took TWO viewings of Spamalot before he was convinced to do it.

He has two backup singers (ok, this one's a bit lame.....nothing unusual about it)

He was raised by two grandmothers - although one wasn't related by blood

He had two Dads, although neither could be considered remotely adequate as fathers

He has two brothers, one step-brother and one half-brother

He has two sisters, one step-sister and one half-sister (now passed)

He now has two dogs

He has two 'careers', one as an entertainer and one as a humanitarian

The phone number to vote for him at the Final was 02

When Ryan announced the phone number to vote for him after the Final performance, Clay held up two fingers

Am I wrong about any of the above?