#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Right now it is American, but it also has been Northwest, United and Delta. Some Hong Kong Airlines went out of business and Newark has been told they have the worst record of on time because they schedule too many flights and they have to cut the number scheduled.

Oooh, Oooh, I have clicked on sponsored links, specifically when looking for cheap flights - just to check a site out. Sometimes when looking for best procing sites for vacuums, etc. i.e. shopping.

muski, clayaikenpix had on their front page a few pics of the Clyra, but they've since taken them down. And I was a bad fan and neglected to save even the small links.

Here's a question. Who clicks on sponsored links? I know I never have.

I don't do it often, but I have done it in the past. I know I did it at least once in the past few months where I did some search for Clay and had the Spamalot web page come up as a sponsored link. I clicked on it....and I think I probably ended up with a ticket to the show. *g* I kind of figure that google has to pay their bills somehow, so once in a great while, I'll click on a link. *g*

I love how both claytonic and atinal came to basically the same conclusion about ATDW: "new music FROM Clay." I'm kind of in-between both of them in that I knew and loved some of the songs he picked, and knew and HATED some of the songs he picked. But, I kept my mind open, because it was new music FROM Clay. And I truly appreciated those people who listened to the album a few times, said "I can't get into this" and let it go. IMO, at least they tried. But the feeling I got from more than a few was that they didn't even TRY. This was pretty much the story from the critics (and actually I expected that), but also within the fandom itself. It really made me sad when this became apparent to me.

AND -- in 25 days, we'll get MORE new music FROM Clay. EEEEE!

OK, now I am pissed. I was alright about Clay losing Ai for years, sometimes even think it was better he lost, but now, NOW NOW I am pissed

'Idol' puts its stamp on postage

As part of the Idol Gives Back fundraising effort, stamps featuring the six Idols and this year's winner will be available to fans. If the limited editions — 100,000 20-stamp sheets for each Idol — sell out, Idol Gives Back would get about $7 million, Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe says.

Kelly Clarkson stamps are now available; each 20-stamp sheet has four images of the first Idol. The next five Idols — Ruben Studdard, Fantasia, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks and Jordin Sparks — will be released on the next five Tuesdays. Another set will come out when a new Idol is named in May.

I WANT MY CLAY AIKEN STAMPS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I do have the stealth Clay Aiken stamps though.

I'm making a Clay Mix CD for my van. I'm putting OMWH on it a few times and wanted to add some of my favorites. I'm listing to MOAM with my headphones (really nice ones) and I'm hearing things I never heard before in the instrumentation. I think I always focused on his voice. MOAM is my favorite song off of that CD. His voice soars on it and I like the message.

Thankful - I have always loved the little piano tinkle right at 2:30 that starts with Lift me Uu-u-u-up and ends with Eyessss.....

I wait for it. :D

There are more but that's the one that come to mind right now!!

I CANNOT believe I have actually registered for OVC for one Clay Aiken. I don't buy stuff off TV, not even that wonderful Pocket Fisherman or Ginsu knives or a Bass-o-matic!

mmmmmmmmmmm, that's tasty bass! :cryingwlaughter:

If I register for QVC, nobody can ever mention this to my family. Please! I have an aunt addicted to QVC - I think she has her own private number - and I've made the jokes at the family get-togethers for years. So mum's the word, okay?

KKHH ("Hot 95.7") is a mainstream Top 40 radio station in Houston, Texas, broadcasting at 95.7 MHz, under the ownership of CBS Radio. Previously a smooth jazz outlet as "95.7 The Wave", the station debuted its format on March 13, 2008. The format will use an interactive approach and has positioned its hit-flavored direction in-between KPTY, KBXX and KRBE. GM Laura Morris said, "We've built HOT 95-7 for the listener. We don't pick the hits; they do. Every hour, listeners can vote for the top hit of that hour and we'll play the song at the top of the next hour. We'll do that 24 hours a day... it's the first and only station we know of making listeners feel like they have that kind of control." KKHH OM/PD Jeff Garrison ... added, "HOT 95-7 is Houston's next generation of radio, blazing a big, bold hot radio station for Houston listeners. HOT 95-7 has multi-cultural pop appeal with a rhythmic spice to match Houston's diversity. We're about today's new music, celebrity artists, pop culture, lifestyle and trends ... whatever is HOT now.

This confuses me, do listeners actually have control, or are they just made to feel like they do? Anyway, radio has grown a long beard in the innovation department so maybe this is an attempt at a new paradigm. God know the old one wore itself out years ago. But I definitely like this page from their website when I searched Clay Aiken: http://hothitshouston.com/pages/1821444.ph...n=Search+Videos It's a one-stop shop for every Clay Aiken video I can think of --- it continues page after glorious page of Clay videos! :clap:

Personally, I would like a station that plays everything from AC - Hot AC - Top 40 - Rock, as in the olden days when radio mattered more than anything. But I just don't see a renaissance in the near future. The teens that I know today don't listen to radio unless they can't escape it! They listen to iPods and get new music from download sites that preview new releases weekly, or from MySpace sites. Things have changed. That's why there are some songs played regularly on the radio for a good long time that never sell well. Payola has become passe for radio. It's the bucks spend hyping at the cool sites on the net that grab attention so far in this millenium.

ooooo, ooooo, tomorrow will be TWO WEEKS until I see my boyfriend for the first time since Orlando last summer!

ETA: Tyra's got a tight hold on that thumb!! Oh, Lord!!!

KKHH ("Hot 95.7") is a mainstream Top 40 radio station in Houston, Texas, broadcasting at 95.7 MHz, under the ownership of CBS Radio. Previously a smooth jazz outlet as "95.7 The Wave", the station debuted its format on March 13, 2008. The format will use an interactive approach and has positioned its hit-flavored direction in-between KPTY, KBXX and KRBE. GM Laura Morris said, "We've built HOT 95-7 for the listener. We don't pick the hits; they do. Every hour, listeners can vote for the top hit of that hour and we'll play the song at the top of the next hour. We'll do that 24 hours a day... it's the first and only station we know of making listeners feel like they have that kind of control." KKHH OM/PD Jeff Garrison ... added, "HOT 95-7 is Houston's next generation of radio, blazing a big, bold hot radio station for Houston listeners. HOT 95-7 has multi-cultural pop appeal with a rhythmic spice to match Houston's diversity. We're about today's new music, celebrity artists, pop culture, lifestyle and trends ... whatever is HOT now.

OMG I know a Jeff Garrison who is in radio in Houston!!!! I shall have to do some investigatin!!!!

Gah.

Is anyone else absolutely :hubbahubba: over Clay's SHAPE in that first one? Gah. Broad shoulders, lean torso....Gah.

And could he LOOK any happier? :whistling-1:

Love how Tyra's got hold of his co...thumb. :imgtongue:

ETA: I'm kinda liking that poster behind them, too....heh. Looks like it could be on a cover for one of my stories, doesn't it? :cryingwlaughter:

I had a whole different outlook on ATDW than a lot of people did I guess. I had kind of checked out on "popular music" in the mid to late 70's. I listened more to country for a while. So, even though I'd heard some of the songs on ATDW, I hadn't heard them very much at all, and some of the covers were completely new to me. So, while it was considered a lowly covers cd by some, to me it was new music from Clay. The covers idea never bothered me, just like the JBT never bothered me, after all, I fell in love with Clay singing covers.

I will always look forward to new music from Clay, but I will also always cherish the "old" music we have from Clay going all the way back to the demo cds.

I told ldyj in a pm a while back that from time to time we get into a discussion on the board about, why Clay? what is it about him? I think it is this, that for those of us who saw it, we saw a multi talented multi dimensional guy who could do anything he set his mind to. One who would be willing to share so much with those who would let him in, and that I understand more as time goes on what (was it Amarillis) who said "You ain't seen nothing yet" Even with the time that has passed since she said that, I still believe it and......Lord help us.

I can relate to most of what you said. I kind dropped out and didn't listen to radio for many years so missed all the songs on ATDW. Because of that most were new to me. And for me too, it is the entertainer, with his huge talent and great sense of humor that attract me. I have never downloaded a picture though I have appreciated a few of them. I've never been fixated on him as someone attainable. He reminds me of the young men I grew up with and those I know now with their faith, family values and even their sense of humor. It is the entertainer, I continue to appreciate and whose career I follow. It is not his faith or his charity work that interest me though I think both make him more interesting. Since I never put him on a pedestal, he doesn't have one to fall off of. I truly cannot stand many of the artists today with their potty mouths, insult humor and how they badly they treat others. The same is true of TV. I'm sure there are good artists and shows but I don't watch much because of the crap, so don't know when the good shows are on any more.

Do you mean Soundscan? Yes, a sale is a sale is a sale. It all counts. QVC is a great opportunity for exposure to a very large number of people is a short period of time. Especially for an artist like Clay who may not get much play on radio. Hopefully he will get radio play, but with his single coming out so late and targeting AC radio, where songs can take some time to catch on, radio won't be much help towards first week sales. He needs all the exposure he can get.

Thanks Roseviolet,

Good information. I guess I have to add QVC to my OTWH shopping list. Do I have to register to buy or just call in?

clyra-tn.jpg

I want the big version of these!!! From CA pix...

*sigh*

LOVE THESE! God. I'm dead.

And I'm betting couchie is wishing she could change her avatar with one of these...

OOOH! Lookie! We get to choose what picture is on a MusicPass marketing tool for getting OMWH cds!

Choose one Pic--they'll all kill ya dead!

This is cool too! Love it that the tie picture is winning handily. *g*

stacialynn at getclayaiken is a MySpace friend of Sean McDaniels, and she received this bulletin from him today (posted with permission):

Hey!

Every year on Broadway all the shows collect money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Each April there is a competition between all the shows to see who can raise the most money. This year me, Clay and Spamalot really want to win.

You can research the project at bcefa.org.

If you would like to help please send checks of any amount made out to Broadway Cares to: Jerome Bell, Sam S. Shubert Theatre, 225 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036, USA.

Your donations can really make a difference for men, women, and children living with AIDS. Broadway Cares also supports the Phyllis Newman Women's Health Initiative which helps women suffering from Breast and Ovarian Cancer.

Thanks so much for your help!

Sean

Interesting that the checks go directly to Jerome. Hee.

wouldn't it be so verra verra cool if Tyra appeared in a verra verra sensual, thoughtful, hormone-inducing-yet-tasteful video for OMWH? :lipstick:

And does anyone else think of one of my Southern Heat chapters when looking at that coat Tyra's wearing that make her look as though she's not wearing anything underneath?

Hmmm? :whistling-1:

I'll leave that thought percolating while I go watch my daughter play softball. :lilredani:

Interesting that the checks go directly to Jerome. Hee.

Heee.... Thank god I'm out of the ones that have I love Clay Aiken right under my address. Wouldn't want to go on any sort of list. heh.

And LdyJ knows me so well..of course I want huggy kissy Clyra for my avator ... if someone will take pity on me or steal it from someone else :cryingwlaughter:

Intermission report from Educlaytionmajor - The audience is really great tonight and the cast is definitely feeding on it. They are enjoying their seats on the 2nd row on the left orch. She thought her seat last night was fantastic for seeing the whole show and a good view of Clay but tonight's are really good for Clay watching and getting to hear what he says off mic. Only issue that I heard is that sometimes they end up with only a view of King A's backside - definitely not the right one. A cute thing that she noticed (not sure if it is new or not) is that on the scene where they are going over the mountain that the second time when they are going back over the mountain that he puffs up his cheeks and acts like he is going to throw up. In the Camelot scene she was able to hear him say "Shake it for me baby" to the dancing girl that he was shimmying with. When the dancing girls are twirling the spiked ball things she could hear him say to Patsy "gosh that looks dangerous". She said Clay is doing great and is ADORABLE as usual.

Those Clyra pictures are awesome. They look so completely happy -- and Clay certainly likes to pucker up for that girl!!!

I wish I could see the biggie pictures. I registered at clayaikenpix.com last year, but I've forgotten my password and in the meantime my email address changed from roadrunner to comcast and they stopped forwarding on January 1, so I can't get the email to reset my password. But I can't even get upset about it because there's too much happy happy joy joy going on!

I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.

OOOH! Lookie! We get to choose what picture is on a MusicPass marketing tool for getting OMWH cds!

Choose one Pic--they'll all kill ya dead!

Um, isn't this the site set up by RCA??? You know, the ones who hate, want to ruin his career, never support him? You know that RCA??

The Clyra.... Now I know how people who don't like shipping feel! I LOVE shipping, but just can't get behind the Clyra. They're cute together in sort of a buddies/sibling type of way.

I know I am the ONLY one in this fandom who doesn't get the Clyra. But I don't.

Although I really did rather enjoy muski's story......