#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

YSRN...it IS very cute, even if Clay DOES look like a blonde Alfafa with that hair style. Not my fave for him...too one-layer and limp. I'm not a fan of 'limp' being a descriptor of Clay in any way. And yep, I know that for some this hairstyle is 'current' and 'hip', etc. It might be, but I still don't care for it--whether it's on Clay or some other 'hip' guy. :kiss:

Actually, I'd really like to know what this whole 'which song do you want me to sing' poll is all about...'coss I'd rather hear him sing a NEW song on any tv show, you know? NOT a cover of anybody else, no matter how it might rock. I want him to sing a CLAY AIKEN green-eyed soul song, not somebody else's soul song (even though he'd sing the schiznitz out of it, as we already know) So never mind what I said about singing WAMLAW on AI...I want him to sing a catchy tune from his new CD there.

And since he always does what I want, I guess THAT particular topic can now be closed. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm a kitty cat!

And I dance, dance, dance!

Dance, dance, dance!

I feel good!

I knew that I would!

I feeeeeeeeel good!

I knew that I would!

So good! So good!

I got yooooooou!

Just cause!

As for covers - I have never worried about any other artist I liked singing covers (and most of 'em I like do) and ain't gonna start now. I tend to play them on my personal mixes one right after the other because each artist I like is unique and brings something new to the table, even if it is a song that's been done a million times. I need that, because if I like ya, I'm gonna listen to you a million times. My only requirement for Clay is that he sings well. And in the 5 years I have enjoyed the man, he has seriously messed up once...I'm good!

Hee. Looks like his SCC shirt. I love that frugal guy. I'm not ready to let go of the pretty B&W banner yet, *whimpers, please* :F_05BL17blowkiss: but I do think he looks really good in that ad, (and banner) Little Dutch Boy hair and all....and the back of the CD reminds me of Clay 5 years ago...the AI kid...for some reason, I don't know why.

Isn't that the outfit he wore at the Golfing For Inclusion Dinner?

*that's it, I officially have no life*

cha cha, I think we ought to use that banner for Monday only! Hee.

Wheeeee! I'm on top!

I took some more screen shots and I have a banner suggestion....... :D

QVCbanner1.jpg

Too cute!!! cha cha thanks...we need banners so keep em coming. Just put it in your gallery so I know where to get it...

promo and marketing plans...I know fans have their idea of the perfect plan for Clay and in a perfect world it probably can happen. But we know that there are limitations out there that we don't know about so we have to expect disappointments or not getting everything we want or we want for Clay. Right now as much as I hope he gets an AI appearance, I am not getting my hopes up. If it happens...it happens. I am just happy that we will hear some of these songs and see Clay sing in less than a week!

laughn...don;t worry you have a week to enjoy our current banner...

that is one cheap frugal man... :cryingwlaughter:

SCC concert...

sccband.jpg

one year later at the GFI outing...

BAFgolfPicture40.jpg

Actually, if I have a piece of clothing I like, I hang on to that sucker forever! Maybe he's the same.

cha cha, I think we ought to use that banner for Monday only! Hee.

Wheeeee! I'm on top!

Next Monday works for me!!! I'm easy!

I just programmed my DVR to record Clay for next Monday - LOOK!!!snoopy.gif

QVCprogram.jpg

eta: yes I still have an analog tv................. but I'm workin on it!

maybe since Clay isn't touring this summer I can finally afford a flat screen!

notdeatyet.gif

For us spoiler ho's, from CH:

Virgins please scroll by:

As Long As We Are Here - I put together the clip of Clay working with Eman with the Slovakian snippet.

As Long As We're Here 2006 and 2008

I just got home and had the chance to watch the QVC promo. Cool! I really, really hope the live stream from the site works, cuz I'm so excited for this performance! And I wanna order one, too. *g*

How cute, the Tyra girl jsut posted at the OFC and she is just so cute and so bubbly. She doesn't want her post copied too much though.

Where play? On the message board, I assume, but which thread/forum?

nevermind, "Found it!" (tm Sir Robin) It was in Anything Clay > In the Press

I got a lovely e-mail from iTunes offering me the opportunity to pre-order Clay Aiken's new album, On My Way Here. Why, yes I would like to pre-order it, thank you very much! Clickity-click and done! It pays to procrastinate.

I also got an e-mail last week from Ticketmaster titled: "Get all your favorite Idol alumni albums at one great price" that had iTunes links to Idol albums, including ATDW. I wasn't aware that Ticketmaster was somehow all wrapped up in the iTunes / American Idol web, so it was a bit of a surprise.

Saw this at CV (yes I was there avoiding finishing up my work for the day....)

Reviewof OMWH from Reality TV Magazine

Sleepy But Smooth: A Review of Clay Aiken’s New CD, On My Way Here…

Having grown up and branched out, American Idol’s superstar runner-up Clay Aiken has been hanging out in the recording studio again, and his new CD, On My Way Here, is set to hit stores May 6th.

So what can listeners expect out of their velvet-voiced Idol baby? Clay definitely had something to say in this CD. He’s taken some heat for turning out some cliche lyrics; and indeed the theme of growing up, finding himself and finding his way is pretty in-your-face. It’s empowering, yes, but is very… mature. Doubtless Clay’s devotees in the adult contemporary crowd will rejoice with each song; but it’s doubtful he’s going to make much of a splash with the younger crowds based on this music.

This is not to say the music is bad. How could it be? Clay’s voice is richer and fuller than ever and all but flawless. Tracks like Sacrificial Love and Lover All Alone practically cradle the listener and others, such as Something About Us, are just screaming to be background music for a romantic date. And, yeah, the whole album is good for a sleepy afternoon in (think good book, sangria, hammock, and Clay’s pipes in the background… yeah, baby!).

If you’re looking for a real toe-tapper, you’re not going to find it here (Falling and Weight of the World try valiantly, but neither really gets there) . But Clay Aiken fans probably already know that and aren’t looking for something to dance to anyway. If you’re out for a buttery voice and a great message (who cares if it’s cliche?!) that will leave you feeling relaxed and empowered, Clay will not leave you disappointed.

Regardless, it’s easy to see how Clay made it so far in the American Idol competition. And his continued success is a definite argument against those who say the show can’t turn out a real talent.

I can live with this......

Yup, that review is a keeper! It acknowledges Clay's talent, the message of the album and the quality of the music. I do think it's too bad that reviewers tend to use top 40 as their measuring stick, cuz not everyone belongs there or wants to be there. If Clay can get radio play on AC or Hot AC, I'm all for it!

ETA:

From jojoct at the CH:

Well, I had a nice chat with Jerome last week and came away with a very clear impression that I had not asked for enough vacation time for what sounded like a busy week for Clay in NYC after Spamalot closed. No, I don't have any specfics, but I really really wish I wasn't flying home on the 6th.

(think good book, sangria, hammock, and Clay’s pipes in the background… yeah, baby!).

Why yes, thank you...I think I will! (might substitute cabernet for the sangria, but whatever) :clap: Although I might just fall out of the hammock when I start boppin' along to

"Turn around and seeeeeeee...what love's done to meee---e----e----eeeeeeeee!" :cryingwlaughter: or..."I'm fallin', yes, I'm FAAAAllling.."

Cool. I'll take it and agree with Gibby ( :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) re: using the top 40 as a measuring stick for 'good' music. Recently while using a rental car, the XFM stations preset were the various decades of music (50's through 90's), then one called "Top 20" and one called "Mix" Every single time I pushed the "Top 20" button, all I heard was that omnipresent dance beat, a bunch of electronic noise and interchangeable voices. I have no idea what any of the songs were because I didn't want to hang around there long enough to find out. Being the fuddy duddy that I am, I mostly listened to the Classic Rock of the 70's and the Mix, which seemed to be a...uh...mix of classic rock, pop and hot adult contemporary.

Hey, admins! Will FCA have a place collecting all the reviews of OMWH? :lilredani:

ETA:

indeed the theme of growing up, finding himself and finding his way is pretty in-your-face. It’s empowering, yes, but is very… mature. Doubtless Clay’s devotees in the adult contemporary crowd will rejoice with each song; but it’s doubtful he’s going to make much of a splash with the younger crowds based on this music.

This tickles me sorta...Uh, excuse me, but what lyrics in the Top 40 songs these days are supposed to make a 'splash' with the 'younger crowds'? (...runs off to find some inane lyrics of popular radio 'hits' to prove point...)

muski, just speaking for myself, I'll be including all the reviews in the Fast Forward News section. Plus, they will be part of the "Clay Articles" section of FCA proper.

...which means I'd better take that one over there PDQ!

here's a pic of the CD back:

CDback.jpg

I'll try to make it a little bigger.

CDback-lgr.jpg

it looks like the same jacket as the CD cover, doesn't it?

wow... I really like this picture !! :hubbahubba:

I listened to the snippets and was so happy to hear the tempo of the songs. A nice mix. His voice sounds so good. I can't wait to hear it all.... can't wait !! :fca:

I'll take the review. Not bad at all. :)

It is so hard to keep up with all that is happening !!!!! :lilredani:

that is one cheap frugal man... :cryingwlaughter:

SCC concert...

sccband.jpg

*throws self protectively in front of the shirt and while trying to rub against it at the same time*

Hey, I love that shirt just as much as the Miami clingy so he can wear it anytime for me!

Gulp! Choices, choices: Hallelujah, WAMLAW or Amazing Grace? *dies* If I had had time to log my 3 choices these would have been the very ones!!! *swoons while imagining him singing each one* I can't vote for all three this time because I'll just cancel myself out so I guess I'll have to pick one. What to do?!! Oh ok, "Amazing Grace" just because.

KAndre, just funerals? Remember Orb's wedding, the closing scene from "Being a Green Mother".

Just 2 more sleeps!!!

Could someone here please explain Hallelujah to me? Somewhere along the way, when people were discussing their lists of "songs I want to hear Clay sing", this song kept popping up over and over again. I had never heard of it, so started clicking on the links that were provided, of many different artists singing this song. None of them did anything for me at all. Am I all alone on this one? Am I missing something important in the lyrics? I really don't get the attraction, but I'm open to other's interpretations, and why this song seems to resonate with so many.

I got a lovely e-mail from iTunes offering me the opportunity to pre-order Clay Aiken's new album, On My Way Here. Why, yes I would like to pre-order it, thank you very much! Clickity-click and done! It pays to procrastinate.

I also got an e-mail last week from Ticketmaster titled: "Get all your favorite Idol alumni albums at one great price" that had iTunes links to Idol albums, including ATDW. I wasn't aware that Ticketmaster was somehow all wrapped up in the iTunes / American Idol web, so it was a bit of a surprise.

I got that too! And I think I will!

But I really liked what it said..... Well, except for the "Claymates" part.......

Claymates, rejoice! American Idol alumnus Clay Aiken will soon release his fourth studio album, produced by UK-based Kipper (Sting, Chris Botti). A delicious combination of upbeat pop and R&B, On My Way Here brings together 12 tracks that reflect how Aiken has matured over the past five years and found himself. The 29-year-old multi-platinum pop superstar joined forces with OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder to write the title track and first single, a song about the lessons we learn as we grow up.

Delicious. Yup. I would most certainly call Clay delicious!!!!!

So, Sunday is my lurker friend's birthday. For some crazy reason she had a hankering to go to NYC to see "Spamalot" for her birthday! And you know what? Telecharge gave her a really, really nice birthday present that I get to share! Front row center seats!!!! Woo hoo!!! He'll be coming right at is during the bottle dance!!!

Now that's what I call a birthday present!!!

Telecharge gave her a really, really nice birthday present that I get to share! Front row center seats!!!! Woo hoo!!! He'll be coming right at is during the bottle dance!!!

:clap:

Ooooh! Please give lurker girl a big hug and kiss from me! And then make sure she takes her drool cloth with her, 'kay? :lilredani: That's great, CG! :nana: