#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

I also found this interview. Download the MP3 - it's worth it. He's in his jammies getting his hair cut and talking on the phone.

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/sha...th_to_your.html

I don't see a download link on this page - where should I look??? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

If it's not there - is it somewhere else? The vaults? Sendspace??

:thankyou:

I also found this interview. Download the MP3 - it's worth it. He's in his jammies getting his hair cut and talking on the phone.

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/sha...th_to_your.html

I don't see a download link on this page - where should I look??? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

If it's not there - is it somewhere else? The vaults? Sendspace??

:thankyou:

It's near the bottom of the article.

Extract FROM: http://www.fanbolt.com/musicinterview.php?id=69&page=1

Your fans miss the "Tug."! So I have to ask since we all love it so much, do you intend to use it again?

Oh Lord, no. That has its mark. If I sing that song again, I'll do it again if I'm in the mood. That was actually an accident that happened, it... it became a phenomenon! So when I do it, I do it for the fans and not naturally. We kind of joke around backstage sometimes when I'm about to sing "Invisible", and I'm like, "Oh crap where am I supposed to do that?" I can never remember where it's supposed to be [laughs], so we do it on purpose now. I think that has its place.

What's the tug?

Hee. Your questions made me grin too, mostly because it made my mind create a little montage of it's own. Thanks for that. I see you have all your answers too. The St. Paul Invisible YouTube is classic (thanks for the link, LadyJ!). It's the very first time we saw Clay off AI do something we had no idea he was gonna do. He continues to surprise us still.

Thanks Muski....curtsie.gif.........but after much searching, I found the interview....blissysmile9lm9cm.gif....not the montage I had..but the important parts are here!

Claytonic....this is a funny interview, from Aug '03, that covers the basics of "The Tug"

The Tug

Heh, and just for the sake of nostalgia, here's the post that was read to him (from TTC):

Gwynhwyfyr

(7/31/03 7:56 am)

not to be taken overly seriously--all in good fun*

Okay, being in a state of hormonal overload lately, I decided to undertake a little research on the important matter of the shirt tug. So I very carefully perused the available video evidence, did my own field research, and pondered it at mind-numbing length (hey, it was tough, but someone had to do it). Here's what I came up with:

There are really three different moves going on here:

1. The Clutch--This one is more like a caress of the torso, causing jersey/shirt to be pushed askew.

2. The Tug--This is probably everyone's fav, involving a moment of deep feeling on the part of Clay which results in him grabbing aforementioned jersey/shirt. There is some pulling of the garment involved, but it is more gentle than . . .

3. The Yank--This is the one that is emerging most these days. This is that aggressive pulling that causes untucking, unbuttoning, and someday, God willing, total annihilation of the garment itself.

One cannot discount the significance of other variables such as:

1. jersey vs. button-down shirt

2. tucked in vs. worn out

3. planned vs. spontaneous

I have also noticed in the course of my research that a number of Clay's public feel that the planned events "lose something" over the earlier spontaneous ones. My conclusions on this phenomenon are as follows:

Clay is no longer our collective boyfriend, ladies. We have consummated the relationship. We have made our oaths and pledges, we have committed ourselves and delivered Clay's platinum record as a gift of devotion. And now, we have taken our relationship to the next level. Clay has become our collective lover and, being clearly skilled in this department, stumbled, quite by accident, on a move that drove his paramours wild. And, being generous, as well as skilled, he has demonstrated an intent to please. Those little planned gestures are all for us, our gift of love from Clay. So, it may never be like the first time, but, hmm, it's working for me.

(It's official, I've sunk to an all-time low on the maturity scale).

Tune in next week for our discussion of Clay: Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?

~Gwyn

That one little post sparked a 200 page long (at the time, that was HUGE) thread, that got us kicked off TTC for being too racy (bwah!!), so we started the WMS (now getclayaiken.com) ezBoard. LOL!

Thanks for sparkin' the memories. :)

I love kim's countdown, but it's handy for me to have dates on things!

So I went to the calendar and made this handy-dandy little list:

Apr 28 - QVC (7-8) - CD Debut!

May 1 - VH1 Top 20 Countdown

May 6 - CD Release

May 7 - GMA

May 8 - The View

May 12 - Leno (Tonight Show)

May 17 - Jimmy Kimmel (Friday 5/16 midnight)

May 19 - Craig Ferguson

and I just want to add.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!1!!!!!@21!!!111

I edited this part -- can someone tell me if this is correct now??

May 17 - Jimmy Kimmel (Friday 5/16 midnight)

I have posted it on my webpage and I need it to be correct!!!

PS - thanks for the help on downloading the interview - I got it!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

another pretty..........

clayAI2toOMWH.gif

Yep, I'm glad he's planning on taking some time off, too. I can't imagine how anybody could begrudge him that after the whirlwind of goodies he's given us over the past months...I mean, REALLY! We've had something new to ooh and ahh about almost every day for a hellaciously long time! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

This man just tickles me to no end! He's so freaking intriguing and fascinating and enigmatic and all those other synonyms...tour/no tour/maybe tour/soon/not now/some day...BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

And of course we have the HAIR to discuss! :lmaosmiley-1: OMG! Since he was in RALEIGH getting his hair cut, does that mean Jamie is going to slaughter his tresses for the QVC show? Heeee! The man is always worth a squee, ain't he? :DoClay:

OMG.............Please just say no to Jamie and her scissors. But he won't....Sigh...........Important TV appearance and he will go on looking like anything but the hot sexy man on the CD cover..........I can see it now........

]"She said, 'He is the Savior,'" recounts the snitch.

Yes, as in Jesus Christ.

Oh God, how embarrasing for Clay.................Why do some of his fans (nice or not) have to be so OTT? :cryingwlaughter:

I doubt that with the 93? million viewers who watch QVC that they won't press enoughCDs to cover all orders. I can't imagine them getting him booked on this show to target his demographic and not be prepared. They want to make money, so I think they will print enough CDS. As for his online fanbase, I think ticket sales are a good indication of how many there are. I'd say around 3-5 thousand.

I agree with Ansamcw and Jenna. I don't think he will tour, with this CD, until they see what kind of legs it will get. If ticket sales are going to be more than what he got last tour? He is trying to enlarge his fanbase with new fans. QVC and Spamalot are great vehicles for that. :clap: I think they want to wait and see if OMWH will be accepted on radio. To see how successful his CD sales are going to be. To see if the demand for him increases. Remember? He said venues have to call and request to book him. Not the other way around. I'm sure he will want to tour for us fans, but I think he also wants to book in venues that hold more than 2-3 thousand people. I know that is what I'd like for him again. JMHO though. I hope he does a 2009 Summer Tour when school is out. Not in the Fall when you only have weekend dates to plan around for going to a show. I am going to pass on any Christmas Tours. I kind of suspect he won't do one this year anyway, but I'm sure he will make a liar out of me. :cryingwlaughter:

Does TTC still exist?

It does. Our thread was deleted (after we were given time to save it to our hard drives) and then the infamous ezBoard hackerfucker came and wiped out most of the ezBoards, including most all of the TTC history. WMS was spared, fortunately, but many boards really suffered the loss of their archives. I saved some of the old concert threads a long time ago and some others, but it's sad that it's mostly gone. The board is still there, but it's a very small board now, and all the original admins are gone. I'm sure they are listed on the FCA website -- as That's The Clay.

Chach, that's correct, but I'd list it as 5/16 (with the note that it's on at midnight 5/17) as that's the day it tapes and that's how they reference it on the web (i.e., Rock On TV).

Clayzor...pretty much WORD to your post re: his touring...I actually WANT him to wait until this CD has a chance to reach beyond his core fan base. I actually WANT him to sing in bigger venues to lots of people who haven't seen him yet in concert. I actually WANT him to put real thought and planning into this tour--as in maybe even announce it with the whole freaking schedule of venues and dates all there to look at and plan around! And I actually WANT him to have a private, personal life for a while and enjoy the fruits of his many labors...he needs to recharge in Raleigh, I think. Doesn't mean he has to go into hibernation or has to eschew proper promotion of himself or his music...

I'm surprised at myself but I actually don't NEED a summer tour.

I'm happy about the CD, his promotional appearances, his showing up here and there unexpectedly (which you KNOW will happen) and just BEING...until there's a big ole' tour announcement for superstar Clay Aiken, singing hits from his smash CD, On My Way Here! :clap:

OMG.............Please just say no to Jamie and her scissors. But he won't....Sigh...........Important TV appearance and he will go on looking like anything but the hot sexy man on the CD cover..........I can see it now........

I think I'm getting to the point where I feel sorry for whomever Clay's hairdresser is at that particular point in time. It sure seems to me that this person (whomever it is) gets grief constantly! For me, I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll look like. It may not be what I want, but I can take it. Besides, he's going to sing! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

]"She said, 'He is the Savior,'" recounts the snitch.

Yes, as in Jesus Christ.

Oh God, how embarrasing for Clay.................Why do some of his fans (nice or not) have to be so OTT? :cryingwlaughter:

Sadly, because there are just a LOT of OTT people in RL. There's ALWAYS someone in fandoms that are OTT. As a Star Trek fan, I distinctly remember the person who was selected for a jury trial somewhere....and she wore a Starfleet uniform every.single.day. This kind of thing happens all the time, unfortunately. And while I think that Clay may be totally embarrassed by this person...he usually turns this thing on its ear and makes it into a funny, funny joke. He seems to handle it pretty well.

As far as touring goes....I think he will, sometime, by the end of the year. I do think it will depend on the legs of the album though. I can see it happening in the fall -- bad time for me really, but I'll make it happen. And I do think he'll do Christmas tours until the cows come home -- he seems to need to do them, I think they recharge his batteries. Also, I think at this point, he's built a good reputation as a good Christmas draw with many of the theaters.

I will be more than shocked if there is no Christmas tour. It's something he's said on so many occasions now - he loves doing them, and they've been successful. Perhaps not everybody's definition of successful - but the ones I went to were pretty well attended and very well received. Who knows, maybe we'll even get MCWL redux! I still dream of another shot at A Clay Aiken Christmas, or at least a PBS airing of a live tour. Ahhhh, it's fun to daydream.

I'll stick by my holiday tour leading into late winter/early spring pop tour prediction.

This might sound silly - but in a way I'm glad there isn't a tour planned too, and not just from Clay's health point of view.... It will give me time to refill the travel coffers! :whistling-1: IF what Team Clay is doing is waiting to see how the CD does before booking venues - I think that makes a whole lot of sense! Why sell out small venues if you could have booked bigger venues, etc. etc. along that line of thought. Would love to see Clay in large venues again though.

Poor Jamie. When she first started doing his hair everyone was so grateful that it wasn't John. Now they don't like what she does. The thing about Clay's hair is, if you don't like it today it will probably change tomorrow anyway. I LOVED it at the charity golf tournament - like it a little longer with layers. But my all-time favorite hair is JBT hair!!!! Sooooooooooooooooo cute. Got hives over the dark hair with bangs - thought it made his face look skinny and hid too much of that beautiful face. But - he could be bald and I wouldn't kick him out of..........uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........I mean I wouldn't turn the TV off. Right. That's what I meant. :clay:

From CV:

We're back from the QVC studio tour! EEEEEE!! We went into the empty studio and watched them set up the stage for tonight! There is a piano and drums set up so far!! OMG!

The studio is very small and intimate!! OMG!!! The tour guide said that CLAY IS IN THE BUILDING!! OMG!! She said he will be greeting the employees in the atrium soon! They are all calling it a "Clay Aiken Concert"!

:bananacheer:

She's more than a little excited!!

And there's more album promo to come, from Lalate.

And Tyra info via CV:

Some info from GAD about the upcoming Tyra episode on Wednesday:

People looking to watch Clay on Tyra this Wednesday should tune in at the beginning of the show. He's the first celebrity guest in the show.

She's calls him "one of my really good friends" and later "one of my best friends in the world".

Backstage, he shows the LOTL wig. Tyra starts doing her strange warbling/singing thing that she does and wonders if she could get a part in Spamalot. Clay says that she could definitely play the LOTL. Tyra says "Really? I've got the boobs for it!"

Tyra says that Clay in Spamalot was "beyond amazing" and goes on to say "Clay, I don't know how to tell you this, but I didn't think you were going to be that good. You are fantastic!".

A starfleet uniform everyday? :cryingwlaughter: You're right of course ldyj. There are OTT people everywhere. In all fandoms. However they don't always get the same "special" attention by the media that Clay's fans get. Or maybe I just don't see or hear about it. :lmaosmiley-1:

You know it's all about the hair with Clay ldyj? :cryingwlaughter: We spend hours and days discussing it on the boards. I just want him to make a good hawt first impression, that's all. I hope he doesn't come out with short hair and an Andy Williams look to him. I know he is catering to an older audience, but really. You never get too old to look and lust. :hubbahubba:

Isn't the first single coming out tomorrow? Time to watch All Access and track it's climb. Here is a link if anyone wants it.

http://www.allaccess.com/

Think I'll go outdoors and finish planting my annuals.

Okay - I'm confuzzled. I thought I had all the appearances straight - but, is it THIS Wednesday that he's on Tyra's anniversary show? It's not in our countdowns or schedules..........

Yep.

From RockOnTV:

Show: The Tyra Banks Show

Episode: (#3097) - 2008/04/30

Network: (SYN) Syndicated

Date: Wednesday - April 30, 2008

Time: 9/8c AM

Duration: 1:00

About: The Tyra Banks Show: (#3097) - 2008/04/30

Tyra's 500th Episode Spectacular -- Tyra celebrates the 500th episode of her talk show by looking back at the first three seasons and giving back to New York, the city that welcomed her when the talk show moved there from Los Angeles. From her interviews with the presidential candidates, her life changing makeovers, undercover investigations and shows examining racial issues, Tyra highlights her favorite moments and welcomes back past guests whose lives were changed after appearing on the show. Tyra gives a Clay Aiken fan a surprise that makes her fall to the floor and then gifts the audience with a special something from Clay himself. Then, with the help of Jaslene, Claire and Saleisha from America's Next Top Model, Tyra helps New York City's Mayor Bloomberg plant a tree for his "Million Trees NYC" campaign and gives free Metrocards and fashion advice to local commuters in Union Square. Plus, Tyra's audience get to enjoy America’s favorite pastime when they receive Yankee tickets and Tyra gets surprise messages from Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator Barack Obama, Jimmy Kimmel and Debra Messing and Mayor Bloomberg proclaims April 30 as "The Tyra Banks Show" day. Tyra also shares backstage secrets with her audience and her most personal episodes to date.

Just heard from couchie. She's attending both days of the Broadway Cares Easter Bonnet competition shows. According to the program, Hannah will be part of today's show. AND -- according to the program -- CLAY will be part of the show tomorrow! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! And couchie will be there! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Oh I'm soooo happy for Couchie---she can be there for both of her crushes ---LOTL and Clay! :cryingwlaughter:

I just got a call from Claygasm...she and her buddy were leaving the studio? Hell, I'm not sure. I had to hang up when I saw the time! I had a conference called scheduled. I'll call her back now and report. I DID hear that he didn't sing while she was there but that he looked soooooo CUTE! :hubbahubba: (except he had on tons of makeup! :cryingwlaughter: )

Back when I get the real scoop!

Just read two things on the CH:

1) Clay will be performing with a band tonight.

2) TUNE IN EARLY -- at 5:10 p.m. EST. "Special surprise." Probably a cutaway, advertising his show in the next hour.

On the phone with CG right now...Hair was PERFEct! Parted on side, a little on the face, no bowl cut...lovely sideburns and stubble~~~~~~~straight but not stick straight...more natural straight, blow dried rather than flat ironed...

hair similar to the OMWH promo fuckme pic with the hair sorta over his forehead..

Had a mic stand, resting hand on top with this fingers in and out and in and out...

:hubbahubba: