#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Aw, I like his ass and most of his other parts, too! :lmaosmiley-1:

There was actually quite a lot of info in that little interview. The writer was either a board member somewhere, or she did a ton of research. Good for her!

There are a finite number of CDs and if by any weird chance they were to sell out before the show airs and if they couldn't get more from RCA, they could cancel the show. The first item number is the first shipment they have. In anticipation of more orders than product, they have arranged with RCA to have more to ship at a later date. It is possible they could do that again, but if not, no Clay. If they run out of both lots and can't get more 15 minutes into the show, that's all of Clay we'll get. He is on to sell the CD and if there are no more to sell, no more Clay!

I can totally understand not waiting, but I HOPE people will pace themselves, Maybe if you are planning on ordering multiples, save some for later? I would hate for him to have his appearance cut short or - worse yet - canceled!

Now I must hop in the shower and get to work early so I can leave early and go see my boyfriend at QVC!!!! So please, don't let it be canceled!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I am so excited! My boyfriend will be singing to me today!!!!!!!! :04:

Good Morning Everyone!

2 Days until Tyra and E.T.!

3 Days until VH1 Countdown!

6 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

8 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

9 Days until Clay is on GMA!

10 Days until Clay is on The View!

14 Days until Clay is on Leno!

18 Days until The Climmel!

21 Days until Craig Ferguson!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Plus there is always the niggling little fear that you might miss out. There are fans who will order a lot more than one, so buying now is just a safeguard. Many times people miss out on something because it was passed around behind the scenes, and was gone before they even knew about it. Paranoia abounds!

The extra shipping for Canada likely does not benefit Clay at all.

Well, I still think it's better to wait until he is actually, you know, on the show promoting the product, before ordering. I understand the whole "what if I miss out?" thought process (been there myself), but sometimes I think certain appearances are about more than feeding the current fanbase's insatiable need for all things Clay. This time, I think it is meant to bring in new customers (both to QVC and to Clay). I just figure we should give them (aka not just us) a chance to get the bonus CD, too, you know? Instead of ordering up all the stock beforehand. I won't wait until the last 5 minutes or anything (hee), but I've decided that I'll wait to order until after 7 pm. Now, I just hope that the live streaming doesn't get overwhelmed and become all choppy! I'm soooooo looking forward to the performances tonight.

ITA about the Canadian shipping costs, that's something that, unfortunately, we as Canadians are hit with all the time, so we're pretty used to it. Nothing to do with Clay, obviously.

Clay made the Gatecrasher in the New York Daily News today:

She's a big Clay Aiken fan

At least one fan thinks Clay Aiken is just divine in "Spamalot."

A source tells me that cast members have grown used to one woman who has seen the show more than 40 times. She often waits by the stage door for her former "American Idol" idol.

Finally, one of the other actors asked her why she was so devoted to the carrot-topped crooner.

"She said, 'He is the Savior,'" recounts the snitch.

Yes, as in Jesus Christ.

"She is at the stage door from 9:30 in the morning, waiting all day to talk to people as they come in," laughs the source. "She says talking to the other actors, she feels a step closer to Clay."

"I am not familiar with this devoted fan, but I know there are many of them," said a rep for the show.

Gosh [tmKingArthur]

All the great stuff surrounding Clay during Spam and that's what they need to print. Sigh.

Oh well...moving on. I am psyched for QVC tonight. I watched the web-tv for a couple hours last night and the stream was amazingly good. These people love them some product! *g* ETA: I think I will wait to order when he's on. I don't believe that they won't re-stock (for the second shipment) if they sell out. So if I have to wait for a while to get it, no biggie.

Aw, I like his ass and most of his other parts, too! :lmaosmiley-1:

There was actually quite a lot of info in that little interview. The writer was either a board member somewhere, or she did a ton of research. Good for her!

This gal actually joined and then started a thread on the Clayboard and asked for questions. Hee, luckiest1, I like your theory about his 'ass' - but I don't think so. :whistling-1: I too would love to hear the audio of it though. LMAO!

*waves* to Couchie down there. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you are having a blast in NYC. Heheh, 'I am not dead yet' will never ever leave your brain.

Can't vouch for this as I haven't checked myself but...from CH:

CLAY STO wrote:

You don't suppose they will sell out of his CD at QVC before he's on tomorrow night? eek. I want him on for the full hour and then some, if possible -- maybe singing six of his songs. yes, I'm piggish that way

That could happen.....F05428 (the number for earlier delivery) is already gone from the QVC site, I had to order using F05386 for delivery after May 15th.

And now I am off to CPR training. Have a good day!

Great interview. He's such a good interview especially when the writer is really engaged.

He is the savior? alighty then. Sad part is that I believe it this person exists.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Happy Monday

HI COUCHIE!!!!!

Hey we are in the same time zone finally...hee

Loved your report last night...hope you have a great time with your friend today...and big hi to the rest of the FCAers in NYC!!!

Loved that interview..I just had a feeling he wasn't going to sing in AI but that feature they had of him was pretty good too. I see that So You Think You Can dance is starting...I am hoping we see him there.

Good question about the video. I knew that the expense of a video was a deciding factor for him. I think the problem is he will have to pay for a video at this point out of his pocket. If this CD ends up selling well and gets some more hits...then its possible that the cost of the CD woudln;t be as prohibitive. But really that lovely in studio video works very well for on line sites so they are being smart about where they put their promo money at this point.

And I hope fans will be satisfied that they will go out and tour for this CD..we just don;t know when. Touring is one of the ways Clay make money so I;m sure he will be going out again and I bet he will do so this year...either for OMWH or a christmas tour.

I am so amused about all the QVC excitement. I am hoping he sells out but I really doubt they will suddenly kick Clay out of the studios when he can still sing some songs and they can get orders for later date. But I am not surprised that the fandom is already ordering. But I do believe this is one instance that he can;t just depend on the internet fans so I don;t think we have to worry too much about Clay selling out before the show.

I'm home today, with a bit of stomach bug. Maybe it's just nerves over Clay's QVC appearance? *g*

Yes, I was a reflex orderer this morning. I understand what you are saying luckiest, but I just can't help it. And, as far as that goes -- if I understand correctly, they WILL reorder if there is a waitlist created during the show. They'll just be shipped later in the month....which will add to later in the month sales reports....which will help give the album legs. That's cool for me.

Saw this posted at the CH and really liked it!

From the blogs, he appears to be a comic book artist in town attending a Comics Convention:

While in NY we managed to get discount tickets for a Saturday night performance of Spamalot! Marvelous production! Even more over than the top than I could have imagined. I think I like the play better than I ever did the movie (which admittedly has that oh-so-strange ending).

This was the run that included Clay Aiken of American Idol infamy as Sir Robin. Never having been a fan of the Idol franchise, I must admit I was prepared to hate, but he was terrific in the role and I've had to reassess my biases.

I've seen a few reports yesterday of a few fans saying "they didn't think Spamalot did all that much for him, career wise." After reading this little blog mention, I would say it succeeded. IMO if ONE person changed their opinion about Clay Aiken, it was successful. And I think more than ONE person has done so....

Thanks for posting that article, Iseeme. There were lots of good questions, and great answers from Clay. I find this part particularly funny:

I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry [laughs].

:cryingwlaughter:

He's so silly. It took me a minute to come to luckiest's conclusion about what exactly he's talking about though....hee.

I'm cool with it too, Gibby. It's new music from Clay!!! I think WINY must be from about the same era (that is, recorded around the same time) as IYDKMBN, which is one of my favorites from ADTW, and that was a bonus too.

Yes, I'm really looking forward to WINY. I was thinking that was originally rumored to be recorded for MOAM, though. Are you saying, jmh, that you thought IYDKMBY was also possibly recorded in that time frame?

Well, I certainly love the 'love my ass' comment, but my favorite is:

You mentioned in one of the earlier interviews, I'm not sure who it was with, but you mentioned using an "out of tune" piano.

Oh did I? Did I mention that? Who did I say that to?

A sound that you liked that Kipper was able to reproduce for you?

Yeah, I can't believe I said that to someone, but okay. It's true, so I guess I must have.

Your fans want to know what song uses that as accompaniment?

Well I'm not going to tell them. Let them figure it out. It is true, it's in at least one, it might actually be in two, but it's in at least one. Let them guess! I can't believe I told that... I do love that sound. We decided to get an upright piano, and do it that way, and when I heard it I was like," HOLY CRAP! That's it!"

So it's in there. Let's see how good their ears are [laughs]!

God, he LOVES to mess with us...and I LOVE that he loves to mess with us...

Yep. I think he really enjoys playing with his fandom's heads frequently. If I knew him in real life, I'd probably tell him to knock it off. Since he's just my pretend boyfriend, I find it charming and irresistible and funny.

A source tells me that cast members have grown used to one woman who has seen the show more than 40 times. She often waits by the stage door for her former "American Idol" idol.

Finally, one of the other actors asked her why she was so devoted to the carrot-topped crooner.

Yes, as in Jesus Christ.

"She is at the stage door from 9:30 in the morning, waiting all day to talk to people as they come in," laughs the source. "She says talking to the other actors, she feels a step closer to Clay."

"I am not familiar with this devoted fan, but I know there are many of them," said a rep for the show.

So, if this is possibly FBM....OMG. That means there's been more immaculate conceptions!

Extract FROM: http://www.fanbolt.com/musicinterview.php?id=69&page=1

Your fans miss the "Tug."! So I have to ask since we all love it so much, do you intend to use it again?

Oh Lord, no. That has its mark. If I sing that song again, I'll do it again if I'm in the mood. That was actually an accident that happened, it... it became a phenomenon! So when I do it, I do it for the fans and not naturally. We kind of joke around backstage sometimes when I'm about to sing "Invisible", and I'm like, "Oh crap where am I supposed to do that?" I can never remember where it's supposed to be [laughs], so we do it on purpose now. I think that has its place.

What's the tug?

Good morning. Got a Google alert on the top AOL Hot Searches and thought this was worth posting - bolding is mine:

Yet again AOL Clay Aiken still manages to make the top ten listings for the billion’th month on the run.

The AOL Hot Search Terms are based on AOL user searches.

1) Wesley Snipes - Gets a three-year jail tersentance

2) Cameron Diaz - Her Publicist denies hospitalisation rumors

3) QVC - Clay Aiken will appear on 4/28 with his new album

4) Kenneth Keith Kallenbach - Comedian dies in jail?

5) NASCAR - Racing at Talladega this weekend

6) Jonas Brothers - Find out which brother has a crush on Emma Watson

7) Amy Winehouse - Facing police questions for slap claims

8) ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ - The news from the popular show

9) Jenna Bush - Who wil she vote for?

10) Horoscopes - Whats in the stars?

But this is the quote from ldyjocelyn that just cracked me up:

So, if this is possibly FBM....OMG. That means there's been more immaculate conceptions!

I THINK the "lady" in question is kind of tall and has really, really bushy dark hair! She's the one that had Seat A101 for quite a few shows in a row, was seen laying over one of the garbage recepticals in the lobby napping, and the Friday night I was there she was behind me at the stage door and was literally laying across my back to get her Playbill where Clay could sign it. I must admit I yelled at her to get off my back and then elbowed her. Didn't work. Yuck. I think one of my travelmates knows her screen name..... FBM and her crew always arrive just before the show starts, make a fuss getting to their seats, and then proceed to do marathon texting and talk and sing throughout the show.

Iseeme, while I had not heard about the sleeping business, I've met the same woman, and many of us here know her as well. She posts at the CH with regularity, and I don't think she's had over 40 shows. I know she's had quite a few (and yes, many in seat A101 -- where she was chastised soundly on many boards, not here), but not THAT many. I met her during my trip to NYC a month ago, and thought she was OK. I can't speak to her feelings on if Clay is the second coming, though. *g*

Well I can tell you with firsthand knowledge - she's heavy when she's laying across your back.....blechhh!

I also found this interview. Download the MP3 - it's worth it. He's in his jammies getting his hair cut and talking on the phone.

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/sha...th_to_your.html

You are probably talking about RVZ lady and, no, I don't believe she thinks he is god. She is just very enthusiastic and goes the extra mile to see him. I meet her all the time at concerts and she is always friendly. She is just very enthusiastic, which is probably why she was pushing you. Considering one guy knocked me out of his way trying to get an autograph, I can probably match you on rude. he didn't even like Clay!

Yes, as in Jesus Christ.

Ok, that is just scary!

Can't vouch for this as I haven't checked myself but...from CH:

CLAY STO wrote:

You don't suppose they will sell out of his CD at QVC before he's on tomorrow night? eek. I want him on for the full hour and then some, if possible -- maybe singing six of his songs. yes, I'm piggish that way

That could happen.....F05428 (the number for earlier delivery) is already gone from the QVC site, I had to order using F05386 for delivery after May 15th.

And now I am off to CPR training. Have a good day!

YIKES!!!!!!!

PLEASE EVERYONE OUT THERE!!! DON'T SELL HIM OUT BEFORE THE SHOW!!!! HE'LL GET CANCELED!!!! :cry4:

Claytonic --

Ever since then, he's pretty much added a shirt tug to every performance of the song. By the JBT, IMO, he was doing it more just to tease the fans!

Iseeme, playbiller is right -- I think she's just enthusiastic. And, from my experience, the SD always gets "pushy." It amazed me when he came out how the crush suddenly became more intense, and I had to literally stand my ground to stay in my position. I probably inadvertently used my elbows a few times too (if anyone who is reading this was there that night and I elbowed you, my apologies).

I just checked QVC

In Stock:

F05386

Clay Aiken "On My Way Here" CD w/Bonus Enhanced5 Track CD/DVD

Gift Option Price Quantity S&H Subtotal

Options $19.

That number isn't gone!!!! And I'm pretty sure that's the early delivery. ETA: (it is......I pretended I was ordering again and carried it through to estimated delivery times......)

Checkin briefly on bathroom break....

What's the tug?

You have no idea how much that made me smile. I love it when newbies to the fandom ask such innocent questions! As others have said, watch some videos of the live "Invisible". Can someone else link to the first tug? It was such a memorable moment... WHAT IS THAT MOVE? :lol:

I also found this interview. Download the MP3 - it's worth it. He's in his jammies getting his hair cut and talking on the phone.

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/sha...th_to_your.html

Thanks for the link! I have forwarded it home so I don't forget...can't wait for this evening! So much to look forward to.

Bwah! I'm listening to that interview and he sounds really distracted...lots of 'ums' and 'uhs' and well, if he's in his jammies getting his hair cut, I think he's thinking, "God...can't they even let me get my hair cut without asking the same freakin' questions!"

:cryingwlaughter:

On another front...(Clay's? :hubbahubba: )...re: the QVC ordering; I gotta say that I'd love to JUST once see how an appearance of Clay might fare without his hardcore, die hard fanbase 'shoring' it up with their dialing and ordering fingers. Sure, we want the merchandise (and how! :hubbahubba: ) but in a way, knowing how people might be pre-ordering multiple copies even before the show airs sorta makes

(BWAH....Clay just yawned while he was answering a question! :cryingwlaughter: )

me feel uncomfortable. My problem, I know, and I'm not trying to shame anybody for ordering---I'd just really like Clay to have the chance to actually reach a larger audience when he obviously is using avenues to do that this time around.

Of course, even if the danged CD sells out during the show, I'm aware that people who are watching--seeing him, listening to him talk, hearing that voice when he sings, observing him charming everyone he's in contact with---will be unable to resist going out to a store to get a 'regular' cd and so in that way he will succeed anyway. (I mean, c'mon, we all know resistance is futile!)...

Oh well, my issue. Since I can't get home in time to watch the QVC show live, I asked my hubby to tape it for me. I'm sure it will be available via CLACK channels for download, but I wanna see and hear him on the big screen and through the home theater speakers, y'know? :lilredani:

EEEEEEEEEEEee for KAndre!

For those who can't listen to the link Iseeme posted above, here's the article that accompanies it:

From Clay Aiken’s mouth to your ears

By Gary Dinges | Monday, April 28, 2008, 08:27 AM

Picture this: Clay Aiken, in his jammies, getting a haircut and chatting with little ol’ us on the phone from his Raleigh, N.C., home.

Try not to be too jealous, Claymates.

In our brief conversation we learned more about “On My Way Here,” his upcoming CD — and a variety of other things.

“It’s the first time we’ve done new stuff in five years, so I’m excited,” Clay told us. “It’s stuff that’s mine.”

The album’s not out until May 6, but you can hear the title track, in its entirety, right now on Amazon.com. And, if you’re so inclined, you can scoop it up for half price. Not bad at all.

This CD clearly comes straight from Clay’s heart. Each song has a deeply personal meaning for him, but he’s quick to point out they’ll likely mean something entirely different to his many fans out there. And that’s perfectly fine.

Take “The Real Me,” for instance.

“Sometimes I feel like people know who I am because of what they see on TV or what they’ve heard or what they’ve read or this, that and the other … and it’s not really who I am,” he told us.

See, Clay’s a complex guy.

Anyway, many of you were eager to find out if there will be a tour to accompany the CD’s release. Well, we’ve got some good — and bad — news. You’ll get your tour … but it won’t be any time soon. Following the CD’s debut, and the obligatory media tour, he’s looking forward to taking a breather.

“It’ll be the first time I’ve had some time off — two days in a row off — since October, I think,” Clay said.

He’s anxious to chill this summer at his Raleigh home, but he’s “sure we’ll tour eventually.”

So there.

And what about starring in a movie or TV series someday?

“We try to stay open to every single thing, every opportunity that comes along,” he said.

But …

“I’m not seeking out a movie, no”

There you have it, Claymates. We didn’t get to ask every question you lobbed our way, but we darn sure tried. Hear the entire interview — all 10 or so minutes — by clicking here.

Then let us know what you think. We’ll be waiting.

Yeah, definitely listen to the audio attached to the austin360 article. Nothing new as far as content really, but you get to hear Clay yawn as he's talking about halfway through. I also enjoy listening to the writer ask the questions. The author seemed to be into the conversation, even if he did try to waste his last minute of time on an American Idol question.

For those who can't listen to the link Iseeme posted above, here's the article that accompanies it:

Thank you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Can't wait 'til you've had your sleep and can give us the rundown on your Spam-venture, KAndre!

Thanks for filling us in on your trip so far, Couchie - glad you're having a good time! How could you not?!

Claytonic --
Ever since then, he's pretty much added a shirt tug to every performance of the song. By the JBT, IMO, he was doing it more just to tease the fans!

Thanks ldyjocelyn

And while I was at YouTube, I stumbled across this one

What a prediction from Clay about making it to at least #2!

And I also like the comment from the person called gingertea, "Clay has done pop, Clay has done tours, Clay has done comedy one his tours, and now he sings, dances, and does comedy - sometimes all at the same time! Simon, wherever you are - give it up to Clay. As one song goes, "If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere, here's to you New York, New York"! lol"

It's just amazing - 5 years later, people are still watching this audition and posting their comments.