#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Aw Gibby totally agree with your comments...I am looking forward to doing the CD listening party and I hope you can be there.

For those that haven't participated before...we listen to a song and give our impressions reactions critiques at the same time then we move on to the next one...its pretty fun to read how people react to each song. We will be organizing an OMWH listening party in the weekend right after the CD release.

Can't wait!! The one we had for ATDW was a lot of fun!

I also can't wait for tomorrow and Monday. Tomorrow Spamalot - front row center baby - and I get to meet up with couchie and who knows who else!

And Monday my boyfriend will be singing pretty new songs to meeeeeeeeeeeee in person at QVC!

Can.Not.Wait!!!

First off, let me thank everyone for sharing their beautiful backyard/sunset/sunrise pictures, even the snow ones. They fed my soul! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am on a friends computer and cannot find the snippets. It's late in a good portion of the U.S., but if anyone is awake and can direct me, I'd appreciate it muchly! I went to amazon, to MP3 section, Clay Aiken and all they have is the snippet of OMWH. I want them all!

I think the heartbreaking way he started TRM in the BB interview was very similiar to that new song he sang on the CITH tour last year and that touched me sooo much! I cannot wait to hear the whole cd cause the snippets are wonderful! I'm so happy to get some new up-tempo songs that I know I will be blasting them over and over when I get them. I love him singing ballads, but I like to grove! SSD, COF, Rosanna are my faves from the NAT and I want MORE and it looks like I'm going to get it, finally! :clap:

liney, can you download to your friend's computer? If so, the snippets are in the various vaults. You can also download from Thankful's post, which has sendspaces for a couple of snippet blends:

Morning.

I did two blends from the clips.

The first one is Ashes:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k52chx

The second one is Everything I Don't Need:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/694z9j

Enjoy!

Paulette

Whoa...read this about David Cook and his CD that's already available for download!

Fox Newsonline

It's interesting especially, IMO, for the bolded parts:

How much of a ringer is "American Idol" contestant David Cook? His self-released album, "David Cook," is on the charts and the current season isn’t even over.

Cook’s 2006 CD, “Analog Heart,” was the No. 1 downloaded album all weekend on Amazon’s MP3 service. It even beat Mariah Carey’s "E=MC2."

Back when Cook auditioned in Omaha for "American Idol," he was identified as a bartender who happened to be a friend of Chris Daughtry, a now wildly successful post-"Idol" graduate.

It sure didn’t seem like Cook had a big career already — albeit regionally. He’d already appeared on a couple albums with a local group, and there was some vague mention of a solo album that he’d made himself.

But if "Analog Heart" is now being offered officially to proper downloading services — and not on just mysterious indie platforms — then Cook has to be behind it. That’s a first: an album out from an "Idol" contestant before the contest has concluded. What if he doesn’t win?

More importantly, what happened to "American Idol" simply being a competition for totally unknown or undiscovered artists? What fueled the fantasy for the audience was the concept that anyone — the waitress down the street who had a nice voice — could suddenly become a superstar. It was one thing when Carly Smithson (nee Hennessey) was revealed to have released an album five years ago. But for Cook to have one out now, I think, disqualifies him as a true competitor.

And P.S.: Isn’t this some strange way to get around the "American Idol" contract for management and a recording contract? In the past, "Idol" contestants had to agree to be managed by 19 Entertainment and give BMG first right of refusal for their albums. But a digitally available album made before the show and released before the winner is known? Hmmm…Seems like that bartender from Omaha was smarter even than wily Simon Cowell.

Muskifest, go to the CH and see the responses to your post there. It's old news and much discussed. This is a perfect example of how the press can spin something as negative that really isn't. See: Presidential election. As yourself why you are reacting to this the way you have, when three contestants have released albums from major labels and actually changed their names on Idol to try to avoid discovery of that fact (Carly, Michael Johns, and Kristy Lee Cook), and five contestants have albums currently for sale on Amazon (those three, David--whose album was pulled after this column--and Brooke). Also, consider the source (Roger Friedman), a nasty old gossip who was always hanging around the swamp and trying to get dirt on Clay.

But they left out the both Michael Johns and Carly have big label albums out there for sale. Cooks is an indie album. Whilethey are at it, pick on Jason for being on a television series and David for his career pre-AI. it is unfair to write ab out just one contestant. Oh and add Carries record contract from season 4 whioch was similar to Kisty's this season. I forget what Brooke did before, but it was something.

That was jsut a stupid excerscise in idiocy. It helpedthat the album got pulled from Amazon, but not from from smaller sites. Guess they didn't want that album to rack up big numbers before the finale.

ETA - not fast enough.

Ithinkthe only reason they wanted to get rid of Cooks was because it was charting.

Agreed, playbiller. It was charting on the mp3 download only chart, no biggie--but it was starting to attract attention and the word was getting out, which might expose the Idol machine at work. No wrong-doing on Cook's part that I can see. He put the album out two years ago.

All of this crap is why, for the first time, I'm not watching Idol this year. At least half of the contestants (or so it seemed even before the top 12) have been professional singers/entertainers in some form or another. Not very successfully, but nevertheless. I want to watch someone develop who wouldn't have a chance except for Idol. These guys have already had their chance and ho hum.

I know AI gets around this sort of thing thru saying they don't have a current contract, but I don't think they should ever have had a contract. JMO.

Wow, yesterday must have really been a slow day! You'd think Clay wasn't on stage last night, and that there was no AI Rewind to watch. :cryingwlaughter:

Off to find some reviews..........

OK I found some, but can't differentiate if they are matinee or evening performance, necessarily.

From Brightstar at CV

Back at my SIL's house after a day in NY. Posting on her slow-even-for-dialup connection.

We drove to Trenton and took the train to NY. That was quite a nice trip. The train was very clean and bright and pleasant.

We saw the matinee, and it was fabulous! So glad all the cast was there, and they all were in fine form. Clay was amazing, and he was really playing it for laughs. His slow-mo horse riding was full of extreme expressions and funny faces. All the knights were hamming it up even more than the last time I saw it.

Clay looked up the girl's skirt in Camelot and was extra lecherous, chasing, reaching, and trying to grab. He brightened up every time he saw another scantily clad female. I do believe Camelot was heaven to Sir Robin.

His pants soiling had definitely "evolved" from when I saw it in March. Others have described it at length, so I'll just say oooo, ick, and well done!

Clay's expressions throughout the show were hilarious, and several times he got a laugh from the audience with his expression alone. There was a lot of tongue action in a scene that I don't remember being described as having tongue action before, but now I can't remember which one... His tongue hung out on one side, then the other, then back. Okay, I've read back, and maybe it was the bottle dance. Brain cells find it hard to survive after that!

He definitely beamed with pride after YWSOB and encouraged more cheers, but trembled, a lot, when he realized his place before the king.

The guard scene was also milked for extra laughs. Clay's portrayal was hilarious, and the braiding of the ribbons was a hoot and more! The coconut clapping was done to perfection, very seductive and sexy.

I think most of the cast were adding expressions and playing for more laughs. The Knight who said Ni was quiet for a long time before he started giving his new name, then ever-so-softly meowed. Then another soft meow, and another, a little louder. It got more and more laughs, and the King and Patsy were especially broken up. Prince Herbert, in his castle scene, was even more expressive, outrageous, and hilarious than last time, and he was cracking up cast and crowd.

All in all, a wonderful performance, much enjoyed by the audience. Clay definitely received the most applause, and I saw Hannah "concede."

The peasant moment was especially touching, and I think the cast and audience alike felt it. The applause afterward was enormous.

I didn't get a picture--$300 was just too much--but I enjoyed watching the others. I would estimate the number getting pictures to be 45-55, but I wasn't counting. I did buy an autographed Playbill, being sold by one of the dancers.

So--another wonderful memory, which will be my last of Spamalot. I'll be at home rooting on those of you going next week. Think of us at home while you're there, and try to bring us with you in your hearts and spirit.

(If someone wants to post this at the CH, that would be fine. I can't get in there from here.)

Flying home tomorrow. See you then!

Marilyn at CV:

SPAMMIN' IS A HARD HABIT TO BREAK!!

Recap of 4/26/08 Matinee

I traveled into NY City by train with my eldest son and his girlfriend. We sat in facing seats which were three seats wide. After a while, a very pretty woman with a young girl and a baby boy got on and sat next to me. She heard us talking about the Shubert and asked us what show we were seeing and we told her Spamalot. She said that she had wanted to see it because she heard it was funny.She had traveled down from Rochester (upstate NY) to Long Island on her husbands business, so she was sightseeing in the city. I told her she should go when Clay Aiken was in it because he was excellent in the part and next week was his last week.

She responded that she liked Clay Aiken- that she and her husband had ridden on a roller coaster with him!! Turns out she was at Darien Lake when Clay was there for the tour, and they rode next to each other. She told me he was wearing silk pyjamas!! (I am pretty sure he would have worn the flannel pants, but that comment sort of surprised me!!). I would have loved to see that!! She also said one of her relatives is a good friend of Clay’s cousin. I didn’t push her for any further information- not my business.

When we got to the Shubert, we picked up SRO tickets. Then we went to Juniors for brunch. We met up with a couple of other people as we had planned-then visited the Hershey Store and M&M store. Didn’t buy anything at the former but indulged myself at the latter. Picked up some “Indiana Jones mint crisp M&M’s” Taste pretty good! I also found mint 3 Musketeers (tastes like a peppermint patty) and dark chocolate M&M’s, along with Snickers with ALMONDS-good good good. (But I made sure I did not touch the chocolates or almonds with my hands just in case I came in contact with Clay -(WOW!! That just made me all kinds of tingly) and I had a goodly supply of Cinammon Altoids on hand!

Show time- we got to the Shubert and found our “spots”. We were on the right hand side of the theater, so were able to see most of Clays face in the tower scene, but his helmet was cut off a bit. My son is 6’5” and had to stoop a bit!!

What can I say about the show? It was wonderful!!-Still had lots of belly laughs-the audience was screaming when Clay came out both in the tower and with his chicken…and Idol of my age got VERY loud cheers.

I am still flabbergasted that Dennis G. has almost like an American accent in the beginning of his scenes. Believe me, no Englishman talks like that!!-and don’t forget America has not yet been discovered!!

The show seemed to fly along!! I love the dancing and Clay was on top of the dice again-but he jumped down and grabbed the dancer from the other dice and shimmied a bit with her. Intermission came fast and we went and sat downstairs in the couch by the bar. The line to the ladies room was snaking all the way across the room. The bartender yelled out “There’s no lines here at the bar, ladies!!” He got laughs for that.

Brave Sir Robin got lots of laughs for the expressions on his face-and he was very forceful in stopping the tambourine. The elimination from his bowels was the most artistic I have ever seen in my life- and a process I wish at no time to ever witness again (kidding)

He was verra verra good. YWSOB-pure wonderfulness!! The tunic got caught up a bit tonight- but he fixed it and afforded the drooling masses a glimpse of the well rounded chain mail covered posterior. I love the expressions on his face when he prepares to stomp for the beginning of the bottle dance. This bit garnered many cheers, whistles and screams (what? I tried not to WOO WOO WOO too loud) He got several ovations- right before the piano playing, at Papa Can you hear me, the end of the song, and when he danced over to Arthur, only to notice his liege waiting patiently for him to complete his foray into “Broadway performance perfection”.

Oh, the guard scene- I LOVE this so much. His hiccups, his incomprehension of his duties, the vacant look on his face as he absorbs the thrill of braiding the ribbons- sheer perfection. Clay has improved this scene exceedingly, and between the guards and Prince Herbert, who really gave Lancelot some fodder for laugher, I almost split my seams!!Lancelot even added a sentence to the bit- I think it was "Interesting fellow"

The peasant was adorable- and I loved the way she stated unequivocally that she was a Clay fan. Everyone was so sweet to her and I don’t think they did the “blowing on the peasants hair” bit today. Clay actually came closer- it looks like he definitely wanted to shake her hand, but she turned away. The picture was taken from the right side facing the stage- it usually is done from the other side.

From where I stood, I saw her waving at Clay from the audience, and he was reciprocating the waves.

Clay definitely got the most cheers tonight, and some standing ovations. Did I detect a little smile at Hannah?

After they all took their bows Clay made the speech about Broadway cares and being tired of losing- told them if they go to other shows they shouldn’t give them money and to come back to the Shubert to donate. The King then said that Clay was wonderful to have pics, taken with donations.

Now, a fairy godperson assisted me tonight and I went and got my picture taken with Clay. He had been asking everyone their name and thanking them. When I walked over, he went “HI!!! How are you!!” I think he remembered me from the readings. I was afraid to ask if he remembered my name, though!! He then thanked me, and I responded Thank YOU! And it was over.

While in the lobby Jerome was talking to some fans and he thought my son’s girlfriend was their mother!!! So she said no, and took my arm and said she was with me. So I said Hi Jerome and he asked me how I was doing. I introduced my son and Jerome said “Tell me something- what did she have to do for you to get you to come to the show?? So my son responded that he came voluntarily- for the second time. Then my son said “Now, I am not 100% a fan but I like Clay and some of his music and his Spamalot acting” My son is a rock musician, so I guess that’s a compliment.

Jerome said that was fine as long as we bought an CD a week from Tuesday. I told him I had it covered because I was ordering 5!!. Then we got ushered out of the lobby.

I forgot to say that while we were standing at our designated leaning areas, Jerome came in with a lovely little lady and a large bag. Turns out it was his mother!! I would say she is little more than half his size!! It was so cute that she came to see Spamalot and perhaps some of the big city.

So-my aching knees and feet hustled back onto the Long Island Railroad and along with my companions we headed off into the sunset to Suffolk County Long Island.

What a wonderful experience! And the picture wasn’t too bad, either! I actually remembered to lean in to Clay and we were cheek to cheek. What a special guy!!

sweet carolina girl at CV:

Mama and I sat on the back row of the orchestra section. That's where the wheelchair seats are located. I could see just fine and could see very well the slo-mo tongue that Suz mentioned.

Someone asked above -- I think it was Liandra -- about the sing-songy part of the tower guard line. I will try to describe it. Remember the childhood game 'olly olly oxen free'? Well, say that little chant and then throw in a 'neener, neener, neener.' Now say it like a petulant child who is halfway sticking out his tongue and saying something like 'come and get me.' It's hard to describe, but every single one of you have hears someone else use that exact tone and have most likely used it youself. It sort of says, 'I'm smarter than you are and you can't do anything about it.' Wish I had a better example. He uses the line when he says, "so it couldn't have carried a coconut anyway."

Lot so folks had their pictures made tonight -- more than one in a wheelchair. The guy helping asked me if Mama and I minded waiting. Heck, no! When they had finished with all the others, except for one other person in a wheelchair, Jerome asked everyone sitting in the first several rows to leave. Then Clay came down off the stage and asked Mama how she was doing and told her that he was glad that she was able to come all the way to New York. Then he looked up at me and asked, 'and how are you?' I have absolutely no idea what I said, but I hope it was somethinglike 'great' or 'wonderful' or something. Then he got down next to the wheelchair to pose. I asked what I should do, stand or what? He said to kneel down and 'get in here' or something like that. I didn't know what that meant, but the only place I could 'get in there' was between Mama's face and his, and I asked something line 'you mean here?' and he said yes. So I stuck my head between theirs and my cheek was almost against his. Oh, wow! Holy handgrenade, people! The photog guy said something or other and started to take the picture. I didn't even pay any attention to the camera, as I was looking at you-know-who! Well, the flash didn't go off right or something, and Clay said, 'oh, I broke the camera.' Just then it flashed. So I knew we'd have to do it again. Clay said something like 'he's a bad photographer' and 'this happens a lot.' The second time I decided to actually look at the camera. At one point, I don't remember when (fog, you know) he asked us -- are you ready for this? -- if we are planning to go to the next tour. We both said, "oh, yes" and "of course" and stuff like that. So from that remark, I think a tour is very much on his mind!

After we were finished and Clay was talking to someone else about something, Mama reached out and got his hand and told him she wanted to tell him how good he was in the play. The photog guy gave me both shots -- said the 'bad' one was funny and maybe I'd like to have it. Well, the bad one had me looking at Clay and not at the camera. Clay, however, in spite of thinking he was talking, looked perfect. Then I had to pull the chair back up the aisle to make room for the other wheelchair person, and no one even asked me for my money. So I had to tell the girl that was helping and she got the guy who was collecting the money, and I paid him. By that time, all the door except the side handicapped door were locked. Liked to never found out way out.

All signed Playbill -- except for those signed just by Clay -- were gone, but salesman dude said he hoped for more tomorrow. So those of you whom I promised signed Playbills and posters -- tomorrow is the day.

SmartyPantsSuz at CV:

Clay has a verra verra nice tongue and he knows how to use it! The slow-mo was off the chain! During the grail dance, he mimicked the location of his leg with his tongue. When he put his leg out, he stuck his tongue out in the middle a little and then slid it to the side of his mouth as the leg moved to the side.

Tom had Rick fighting to keep composure during the rescue scene.

During the final sing-a-long of Always Look on the Bright Side Tom was hilarious! He was moving his head around so his headdress cloth was covering up his face and was cracking everyone up. Clay finally looked over to see what was going on.

During his soiling right before YWSOB, he put his leg up on a tree stump on stage and did a hilarious little shake of his leg and butt.

When the rabbit was on stage and they were all walking off Clay pointed to the rabbit and said "STAY!"

He mentioned "Whoring himself out" again. He had Hannah intro the pictures and she called him something like "rediculously handsome and sexy." She did this thigh rubbing thing at him and he said, 'You get your picture for free!" He also said something like, "I know you didn't vote for me." to the audience and totally had the cast cracking up. I really love the comraderie (sp?) that they clearly share.

I did 2 pics today. One by myself after the matinee and one with Posh after the evening show. When I went up there the first time, he was asking names but when I went up he said, "Hi! I haven't seen you for awhile." I think I answered something extremely witty like "Nope!" We took the pic and that was that. Then tonight Posh went up first . He asked her name and she told him. Then he reached out his hand and I don't remember the first thing he said, but I looked at him and said, "Do you remember me?" He said "I do! I remember your voice, and your story." So, my name has not sunken in yet. I told him my name and then said, "I'm the speed-talker from Witchita." He said "Oh yeah!" smiled at me and said, "It's all good." I lurve him!

I loved watching Patsy up close. If I was inclined to a second crush, it would probably be him.

Seriously.........was AI Rewind on? I was out celebrating my daughter's birthday, and I forgot to set up the DVR. So far, I haven't seen a mention of it, and nothing in View New Posts either for that thread. :P

Seriously.........was AI Rewind on? I was out celebrating my daughter's birthday, and I forgot to set up the DVR. So far, I haven't seen a mention of it, and nothing in View New Posts either for that thread. :P

I watched it. Did you know Clay saw the card? :blink:

And Ruben still won.

:(

Seeing Clay next to Ruben for much of the show reminds me of why people think Clay is small. He did look small compared to Ruben.

double-clickable

th_AIFinale.jpg

Good Morning Everyone,

1 Days until Clay is on QVC!

3 Days until Clay is on Tyra/E.T.!

4 Days until Clay is on VH1 Countdown!

7 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

9 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

10 Days until Clay is on GMA!

11 Days until Clay is on The View!

15 Days until Clay is on Leno!

19 Days until The Climmel!

22 Days until Clay is on Craig Ferguson!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

For those that haven't participated before...we listen to a song and give our impressions reactions critiques at the same time then we move on to the next one...its pretty fun to read how people react to each song. We will be organizing an OMWH listening party in the weekend right after the CD release.

What a great idea! I'm looking forward to it. Still not listening to the snippets. Claygasm, we might be the only snippet virgins standing at the end.

I have tried going from Amazon main page through the steps to find the OMWH snippets, (mp3 Downloads, then search Clay) but when I get to that page only 'On My Way Here' is there. The only way I've ever found them is through the direct link posted on the Clayboard. What's up with that?

I haven been trying not to listen to them more than once at a sitting, but yesterday I was listening in AIM with my NC buddy, and just had to keep repeating Ashes and Everything I Don't Need. I know we've discussed various single words and notes that 'get' us in the past. There are just oh so many of them on this CD. The first one that comes to mind is the word 'alone' (if you've listened, I bet you know which song I mean) Methinks I'm going to be listening to it for a very long time. *le sigh*

What a great idea! I'm looking forward to it. Still not listening to the snippets. Claygasm, we might be the only snippet virgins standing at the end.

Well I consider myself a psuedo-virgin as I've only listened to them about 3 or 4 times.

I mean...you know...comparatively...

:cryingwlaughter:

Well I consider myself a psuedo-virgin as I've only listened to them about 3 or 4 times.

Three or four times??!!! I listened to the short snippets once when they first were released. That's it. You slut! (says the whore.)

Haven't listened to the snippets at all except for the bit of The Real Me in the Billy Bush interview.

Kim

I'm proud of you. But I might be only a teensy bitty virgin after QVC because I will be in the audience and somehow I don't think they would appreciate it if I stuck my fingers in my ears and loudly went 'LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA" so as not to hear him sing!

But that doesn't really count because its not like I will willingly be listening to the snippets or anything.......

Doesn't count!

Three or four times??!!! I listened to the short snippets once when they first were released. That's it. You slut! (says the whore.)

That's a bit closer. I guess its like you only went to 3rd base!

Haven't listened to the snippets at all except for the bit of The Real Me in the Billy Bush interview.

Kim

Ok, Maybe you have only made it to 2nd base!

Now I have to get moving or I will miss my train to NYC to see my boyfriend sing and dance - often at the same time!!! :00000442:

AND, I'll be meeting up with couchie after!! :00000442:

Good day ahead!!

:lilredani:

Comparatively a virgin..... I don't know if there is such a thing :noidea: . It only takes once.......... for a song to get stuck in your head, that is :songstuckinhead:.

So, JaMar and Bookwhore, forget it :P

Kim qualifies. (I have to say that because I had the same experience). :29:

Wow, that's a lot of smilies for a puny post.

ETA: I think I'll be losing my virginity on QVC night, too, claygasm. Oh, well. It will be worth it. I can't think of any better way to hear the music for the first time than by watching/hearing Clay sing it live.

Has anyone made an mp3 of just the song snippet from this interview? Just wondering, else I'll make one myself. Virgin I am definitely not!

I know all the media outlets are picking up the CD release story, but I can't help but wonder if possibly Clay paid a little more for including the part I bolded. :cryingwlaughter:

SoulShine

Clay Aiken to release record in May

"American Idol" runner up Clay Aiken will release On My Way Here this May via RCA Records. The album will be the 19 year old pop singer's fourth studio release and feature 12 new songs. It was produced by Marc "Kipper" Eldridge and executive produced by Jaymes Foster. The first single will be the disc's title track, "On My Way Here", which was written by Ryan Tedder of One Republic, Chris Faulk and Hunter Davis.

I know all the media outlets are picking up the CD release story, but I can't help but wonder if possibly Clay paid a little more for including the part I bolded. :cryingwlaughter:

SoulShine

"American Idol" runner up Clay Aiken will release On My Way Here this May via RCA Records. The album will be the 19 year old pop singer's fourth studio release and feature 12 new songs. It was produced by Marc "Kipper" Eldridge and executive produced by Jaymes Foster. The first single will be the disc's title track, "On My Way Here", which was written by Ryan Tedder of One Republic, Chris Faulk and Hunter Davis.

Heheh, I'd email them and point it out, but I'm skeered of that Aiken dude! :cryingwlaughter: guess that blonde hair's working out for him.

SoulShine

laughn... BWAH! That is hysterical! Wonder if it will get him any new teenage fans if they think he is one of them??? :cryingwlaughter:

cindilu... glad you are posting again. Last night I had the same experience with Amazon. I wonder if they did that in preparation for the single release. Someone reminded me about CU and I downloaded them for my nightly fix. LOL

bookie...

I have tried to restrict myself to listening a couple times a day only. I burned the On Demand versions and listened to them non-stop last time and it significantly depressed my reaction on hearing the whole cd. So, that's what I'm going to be a virgin on if they do that again. I think it was about a week before the cd came out that they appeared.

Well Im up and waiting for my call from the eHP to say they're up :cryingwlaughter: Thanks for keeping the home fires burning ya'll beause it seems so many of us are here in NYC.

Wow I loved looking at all the beautiful yards if you want to call them yards rather than parks. Ansa, really got a feel for where you are with those pictures. Really really beautiful. And when I get home Ill be sure to share a picture of my patio :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

So yesterday my friend (OK she is a member here, S.O.L.) and I met up with Heidi, 00Lsee, Keeping Faith, ShelleyC, and Merrieee at the Shubert after the matinee. What a bunch of happy people, I wonder why. heee. OK so my friend SOL is not really into the fandom anymore but I keep her up to date...and let me tell you she can squeeee with the best of us. He can always draw her in. The first time she was SO over him was before JBT and then she went to Tom's River, I think that' it, and let me tell you...the "ooooh Couchie, he was so great, he is so beautiful" 2 minute message she left on my answering machine was wonder blackmail material for a good 2 years. She went from saying she was going to ONE concert to traveling with me from Boston to Vermont to Atlantic City for the two final shows of JBT. So she's at that point again and every word about his part in Spamalot seemed to intrigue her more and more. Can't wait for the full blast of Clay to get her tonight.

TONIGHT! Toight I get to see Clay eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So it was so fun to meeting everyone. OK well Heidi and I have slept together when she took me in for Nasville JNT05 heee. I met 00Lsee before somewhere south...was it the Atlanta JNT05? It was such a treat to meet them again. Merrieee if I met you before it doesn't count because now I really know you. I loved teasing her in person about the Snowflake picture LOL and I really really got the impression that she really likes some blond actor/pop singr/phlanthropist guy :cryingwlaughter: . I got to tease ShelleyC who was an OM (orignal mod hee) back when we had more mods than members. We've known each other for a long long time but it was the first time we've ever met I swear the next time Clay goes to Toronto I'm going! And I got to meet Keeping Faith yay. She was the only one that I toally pictured differently. It's so funny. Don't ask me wh but I pictured her as more reserve and often wondered how on earth she fit in so great with those whacky eHP women. heee. I will wonder that no more.

So we were going to go to Carmines but there was a wait just to get on the waitng list and a full bar so we left and went restaurant searching. We actually made a great choice and jsut had a wonderful time chatting and laughing and chowing down. A funny thing is that ShelleyC left her cell phone in the bathroom in the restaurant and it was turned in. When she realized it was missing I believe it was Heidi or 00lsee that knew someone else had found it in the bathroom and probably turned it in. They just ddn't know it was hers. When Shelley went to retrieve it, the maitre'd had already called the first 3 people in her phone book heee. So in short time her dad called from Canada to make sure she was alright. And the funny thing I guess one of those friends was a Clay friend because when I got back home and checked my emals I had a message from someone trying to reach Shelley because she had left her phone at the restaurant. Anyway, reluctantly I didn't get talked into going to see the show last night...it WAS hard...instead SOL and I walked ohhhh about 16 blocks to Billy's bakery where she claims they make the best cakes and cookies in the world. OK yeah I know I now..but I just had a lemon bar, and a peanut butter cookie hee and I had to walk 32 blocks (there and back to port authority) so there had to be some benefit right?

Now who I want to hear from is the other half of the eHP who apparantly went all the way to Philadephia in search of chicken. Chicken? Not authentic Philly Cheese steaks but chicken. They are a riot, especially their little ring leader. heee. I can't wait to hear about this chicken today..it must be the tastiest chicken in the world. Did I say they rode the bus to get that chicken? heee

OK I'm off to job hunt LOL before I leave for the city. I'm giving them 20 minutes before I start waking people up. unless they just forgot about me :cry4:

Oooh Jerome was looking GOOD yesterday. HIs mama is the cutest thing. They were outside the theater. OK I think that's it for now.

Tonight's the night! I'm going to see my 19 year old boyfriend eeeeeeeeeeeee.

But, but, but Couchie... are ya having a good time? I can't tell!!

Wheeee! it sounds like a blast, and you are sure making the most of your time. Awesome! I can't WAIT til next weeked to share in it!