#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Three or four times??!!! I listened to the short snippets once when they first were released. That's it. You slut! (says the whore.)

I've only listened once as well! :26: Not for trying - I couldn't find the dang things again on Amazon either. I'm sorta glad to read that others haven't been abel to find them - I thought I was going crazy!

Glad you're having such a good time, Couchie! And you haven't even been Spammed yet!! SingKnight.gif

oh no she didn't! and it was damn GOOD chicken! and we (at least a representative have been up since six! SOMEBODY WAS SUPPOSED TO CALL US!

and frankly, for the topic of the day a little while back, I am not planning on hiding any publicly accessible materials or any discussion about such materials. There is a reason that Clay and his team released and there is only so much catering to a personal choice that others are required to do. The onus is on those who do not wish to be exposed to it. Spoiler tags are not required, and there is nothing wrong with not using them.

Man, this has been GOOD! I will tell y'all all about it Monday - especially about Clay's serious oral talents. Serious oral talents. SERIOUS.

And the Lady of the Lakes and I had a boob battle. But I'll tell y'all later - gotta go into the city now!

Ah, the meeting of great minds in NYC. If you make it there, you can make it anywhere!

I saw rewind yesterday, horrible chopped up version of what wasa great 2 sjhows. I really can't believethey didn't showthe judges number, but maybe the idea was to pay for as little songs as possible. unlike most people, i loved the finale, allthe great songs, best show ever and yet not shown. At least they cut the video between Simon and Paula - ick.

All of this crap is why, for the first time, I'm not watching Idol this year. At least half of the contestants (or so it seemed even before the top 12) have been professional singers/entertainers in some form or another. Not very successfully, but nevertheless. I want to watch someone develop who wouldn't have a chance except for Idol. These guys have already had their chance and ho hum.

I know AI gets around this sort of thing thru saying they don't have a current contract, but I don't think they should ever have had a contract. JMO.

But Ai has been doing this to a degree for a while.

Jordan had been groomed for a career for years and had appeared on some kids show

Blake was in a band before or something (there was something, can't remember what)

Melinda and Brandon were professional back up singers for a decade trying for a chance to star

Taylor just madethe age limit and had been a professional performer for 10 years working in clubs.

Elliott has sung back up on some albums (but you just always hear that he was not a singer and this was just something he decided to start doing) and he was a DJ for a number of years

Carrie had a BMG record contract, but they released her after a feew years and no album, even though it was recorded (Kristy like)

Bo and his band had toured Europe as an opening act to a major band. They were being groomed and somehow didn't make it.

I don't think we will ever know exactly how Mario was so the chosen one entering that year. But he was supposed to be ready to go and was to get exposure on AI.

Season 3, Diana had TV experience on some kid show, did commercials and performed on tour since she was a kid and an uncle with a record label. She was working while the show was in the US, so auditioned in Hawaii.

LaToya and Jennifer Hudson supporteed themselves singing.

Fantasia was on a family album (not a big deal) but had an odd audition story.

We know Ruben did wait on line because he was caught in the line video, but he was in negotiations iwth a small label for a record contract before the show.

Kim Caldwell was on some kids show and on Pop Stars

Carmen's father was connected to Nigel somehow.

Kelly was in negotiations with labels, supposedly turned down offers, but not sure what exactly the real issue was vs the rumored one. (She would not record the music the label wanted and she would not lose weight. Seems definitive decisions for an 18 year old)

Someone else won making the band, and there was other stuff, can't remember it all.

On TWOP there were stories of people being told to come back the next year because this was not a girls/guys year. There were stories of people being recruited to go on the show years ago. It is a TV show and they want entertainment. It seems they just stepped it up a bit this year since it worked so well with Carrie. Most people do believe she came from the farm and those who do know her experience did not seem outraged.

I was going to come to meet y'all bearing presents today but managed to destroy my printer driver my printer last week when trying to adjust the colors and lost my drivers, I can't seem to reload the driver and, hence, can't print. Duh. the other printer is ou of ink, so, no album cover magnets. Sorry. maybe I will fix it some day and be able to mail them out.

Not you know you wanna that I'm trying to tempt you know you wanna anybody you know you wanna but here is the direct link to the Amazon mp3 snippets you know you wanna

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Snippets

en·a·ble, noun

1. to make able; give power, means, competence, or ability to; authorize

2. to make possible or easy

3. to make ready; equip

Spent the day with my Mom yesterday. It was my Mom's 87th birthday on Friday, so it was just me and her. Her request from me for a birthday present for me to work up some of the pieces I played on piano when I was in high school, and so I did and gave her a private mini-concert. I hardly ever touch the piano anymore (which is probably a bad idea), but it was fun to do, and I was pleased that I could pull out a Chopin prelude and play it pretty well! Anyway, we had a great time just talking and such.

On the car trip to visit her, I pulled out MOAM and ATDW. Blast from the past. Loved every minute of it. On the car trip back, I listened to the Merrillville CITH show. Loved every minute of that too. And to think...in just over 8 days *pets pretty countdown clock*, we'll have new music in our hands. That I will love every minute of (probably).

Don't have any backyard pictures, but I do have a picture of my house. I'm sure I posted it before....this was the day I was SUPPOSED to go to Waukegan for the Christmas 2006 show. Instead....well, you can see...

DSC01568.jpg

We could probably fit another of our house in our "technical" back yard, and that's about it. However, you can see that we have a nice wooded area behind our house (not our property, sadly). It allows us to watch nature very nicely.

I think I'm somewhere between second and third base as far as my virginal status goes. I did listen to the Amazon clips -- maybe 3 or 4 times tops. At this point, though, I'm back to reclaiming my virginity. If I remember correctly, I did the same thing with ATDW as well. I'm expecting the full album to be leaked sometimes this week -- and in that case, I will refuse.

Actually, I'm much more interested in seeing the booklet that comes with the album. That I will study thoroughly! I think a good idea for that is to post a link to pictures of it -- that way, those not interested right away can skip the link.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE couchie and all the various FCAers...have FUN!!!

Hope y'all can keep in touch and let us know about your adventures....NOW what kind of Chicken was that????

Play...I really think its realistic to expect AI to get singers that have zero experience. If they stuck to that I wonder if they will get singers that could carry a show. What I can;t stand are the manufactures stories of selling horses, girls that never left the farms or changing names to hide the fact that people had albums released by major labels. Just be upfront about getting second chances.

For some reason I forgot about AIRewind last night...I guess missing the finals is not such a big deal for me. But will they have a where are they now show? or was that it for this season? I seem to remember AIR 1 was on for much longer.

eta; HEEE I laugh at all those claiming to be technical virgins or almost virgins...is there any REAL virgins left...who haven;t heards a single track on the CD????

For those who are interested in the lyrics, they're here. Clay said that Natalie rewrote some the lyrics for him - I'm very curious to see how they were rewritten. The chorus already has 'reveal' instead of 'unveil.' There are probably some other changes, too.

Thanks Gibby, for the information, which I also find very interesting. I liked his comment about her "being kind enough to rewrite" some of the lyrics for him. I suspect (with little basis!) that Clay rewrote the lyrics, and got her blessing on them. I think he is an exceptionally good lyricist/poet, and notice he often changes things (deliberately, as opposed to the random lyric generator we all know and love).

First off, let me thank everyone for sharing their beautiful backyard/sunset/sunrise pictures, even the snow ones. They fed my soul! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Me too!! My backyard faces west/northwest, and at this time of year in particular I find myself at the window with the camera almost every night.

For those that haven't participated before...we listen to a song and give our impressions reactions critiques at the same time then we move on to the next one...its pretty fun to read how people react to each song. We will be organizing an OMWH listening party in the weekend right after the CD release.

What a great idea! I'm looking forward to it. Still not listening to the snippets. Claygasm, we might be the only snippet virgins standing at the end.

Nope. Just OMWH for me. No snippets. None. No other singers.

Not you know you wanna that I'm trying to tempt you know you wanna anybody you know you wanna but here is the direct link to the Amazon mp3 snippets you know you wanna

Snippets

:tongue09: Couldn't find the emoticon I REALLY wanted, so just visualize me thumbing my nose at you! I know you can do it!!

Off to do my taxes today for the (3rd?) time.....as my company has changed its mind A-GAIN~!! about my expense deductions! :angry:

Ah, the meeting of great minds in NYC. If you make it there, you can make it anywhere!

I saw rewind yesterday, horrible chopped up version of what wasa great 2 sjhows. I really can't believethey didn't showthe judges number, but maybe the idea was to pay for as little songs as possible. unlike most people, i loved the finale, allthe great songs, best show ever and yet not shown. At least they cut the video between Simon and Paula - ick.

All of this crap is why, for the first time, I'm not watching Idol this year. At least half of the contestants (or so it seemed even before the top 12) have been professional singers/entertainers in some form or another. Not very successfully, but nevertheless. I want to watch someone develop who wouldn't have a chance except for Idol. These guys have already had their chance and ho hum.

I know AI gets around this sort of thing thru saying they don't have a current contract, but I don't think they should ever have had a contract. JMO.

But Ai has been doing this to a degree for a while.

Jordan had been groomed for a career for years and had appeared on some kids show

Blake was in a band before or something (there was something, can't remember what)

Melinda and Brandon were professional back up singers for a decade trying for a chance to star

Taylor just madethe age limit and had been a professional performer for 10 years working in clubs.

Elliott has sung back up on some albums (but you just always hear that he was not a singer and this was just something he decided to start doing) and he was a DJ for a number of years

Carrie had a BMG record contract, but they released her after a feew years and no album, even though it was recorded (Kristy like)

Bo and his band had toured Europe as an opening act to a major band. They were being groomed and somehow didn't make it.

I don't think we will ever know exactly how Mario was so the chosen one entering that year. But he was supposed to be ready to go and was to get exposure on AI.

Season 3, Diana had TV experience on some kid show, did commercials and performed on tour since she was a kid and an uncle with a record label. She was working while the show was in the US, so auditioned in Hawaii.

LaToya and Jennifer Hudson supporteed themselves singing.

Fantasia was on a family album (not a big deal) but had an odd audition story.

We know Ruben did wait on line because he was caught in the line video, but he was in negotiations iwth a small label for a record contract before the show.

Kim Caldwell was on some kids show and on Pop Stars

Carmen's father was connected to Nigel somehow.

Kelly was in negotiations with labels, supposedly turned down offers, but not sure what exactly the real issue was vs the rumored one. (She would not record the music the label wanted and she would not lose weight. Seems definitive decisions for an 18 year old)

Someone else won making the band, and there was other stuff, can't remember it all.

On TWOP there were stories of people being told to come back the next year because this was not a girls/guys year. There were stories of people being recruited to go on the show years ago. It is a TV show and they want entertainment. It seems they just stepped it up a bit this year since it worked so well with Carrie. Most people do believe she came from the farm and those who do know her experience did not seem outraged.

I was going to come to meet y'all bearing presents today but managed to destroy my printer driver my printer last week when trying to adjust the colors and lost my drivers, I can't seem to reload the driver and, hence, can't print. Duh. the other printer is ou of ink, so, no album cover magnets. Sorry. maybe I will fix it some day and be able to mail them out.

Play... I don't mind people singing backup or supporting themselves with their singing or winning competitions when they were young or singing in bars. I just don't think anyone who has had a contract and released an album here or abroad should be on there. JMHO.

Post-whoring, and still haven't gone back to the taxes! :imgtongue:

I see elsewhere there is a Billboard interview mentioned that I seem to have missed. Anyone know anything about that, or where I could find it?

TIA!!

here you go! :)

Billboard

6 Questions with Clay Aiken

May 03, 2008

CHUCK TAYLOR

During its six previous seasons, TV juggernaut "American Idol" has launched countless music careers—but the caveat is maintaining staying power. Season-two runner-up Clay Aiken continues to trump the odds. His third RCA album, "On My Way Here," due May 6, follows his 2003 double-platinum debut, "Measure of a Man"; 2004's platinum "Merry Christmas With Love"; and 2006 gold covers album "A Thousand Different Ways." In May, he'll wrap a five-month Broadway stint in the Tony Award-lauded musical comedy "Spamalot."

On the new album, his first of original material since "Measure," Aiken worked with Grammy Award-winning producer Kipper (Sting, Chris Botti). The singer talks about the road ahead and his journey to this point.

You call "On My Way Here" a thematic reflection on life lessons, a sort of road map of your last five years. What do you hope listeners will take from the collection?

When [executive producer] Jaymes Foster and I came across the song "On My Way Here," written by OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder, I really connected to it lyrically. It sums up how the experiences we go through make us who we are. As I'm knocking on the door to 30—and it's knocking hard—this decade has been about figuring out who I am. That set the tone for the album; they're all about things I've learned or universal lessons.

Once we had that road map and knew what we were looking for, the songs started falling in our laps. In the past, I'd sing about dog food and sunshine, as long as it was catchy and had a great melody, so it's the first time I've paid close attention to lyrics. I'm not Alicia Keys or Norah Jones when it comes to artistic lyrics, but I like what these songs are saying—and they're still pretty.

Knowing that we probably weren't going to get radio made the process even easier, so we just made an album that is me—songs written for me or whose meaning I connected with, and songs that I sing well.

"The Real Me" was written by Natalie Grant, who comes from the Christian world but is popular at AC. Her songs tend to explore life's challenges and offer a positive spin.

We first looked at that song as one of four originals on the last album. The thing I love so much about "The Real Me" is that when I listened to it, I thought, "It's about God." Jaymes heard a romantic song. Other people think it's about their mom. Everyone is able to take their own message. Natalie was kind enough to change a little bit of the lyric so that it fits my life even better.

You've managed to achieve success, as you noted, without a lot of radio support. You have 32,000 friends on MySpace. What vehicles are you looking at to help get the word out, particularly in the digital frontier?

The record label surprised me by saying they think this record is radio-friendly. Maybe that came as a result of not trying so hard, but we don't count on it. Look, some people that come from "Idol" are meant for radio—Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry. I think they'd have been successful at some point without the show. I'm a TV star. That's where I came from, so that's where I look to spread the word. I do blog in places and we've got the Web site, but a lot of the digital thing is aimed at teenagers. TV is just as big as digital, and it's always been my best vehicle.

Will you tour again to support the record?

I haven't had two days off since October, so I'm just not going to worry about a tour right now. This time, we're going to let things sit, see how the album does and put it together when and if it's right.

"Spamalot" is pretty silly. Your public persona is not. Why did you choose to make your Broadway debut with this show? And are you funny?

That's pretty much the very reason. We had offers from other shows and I'd looked at doing Broadway for years, but I wanted something totally different. I was drawn to this because it was a way to branch out. And [director] Mike Nichols—who is so talented and another reason I wanted to do "Spamalot"—made it pretty clear to me at the start: "Clay is not funny. The script is funny." So I play it pretty dry and it seems to have worked. I've had a great time and worked with a lot of really talented people, who have become my family in New York.

You probably knew this was coming: Even though you're onstage at night, have you caught any of this season's "American Idol"?

I watched the season with Carrie Underwood, but I haven't seen a lot of the show since. Listen, I am emphatic that I will always be appreciative of "Idol"—it gave me this opportunity, I know that—but I kind of equate it to high school. Just because I went to high school doesn't mean I still go back to watch the team's football games.

:imgtongue:FromClaygary I love you too! (you KNOW you wanna)

Are the true virgins gonna stay away from QVC tomorrow too? Gah - I don't think there's anything that could make me stay that strong short of leg irons, earplugs and a blindfold.

Am I imagining things or did I read somewhere(s) that there was supposed to be another press release of some kind on Friday? Did I miss it?

Thanks Gibby, for the information, which I also find very interesting. I liked his comment about her "being kind enough to rewrite" some of the lyrics for him. I suspect (with little basis!) that Clay rewrote the lyrics, and got her blessing on them. I think he is an exceptionally good lyricist/poet, and notice he often changes things (deliberately, as opposed to the random lyric generator we all know and love).

Uh huh, and there are some artists for whom that would mean taking writing credits *coughcoughcough* Clay's such a good guy when it comes to things like this. On that Billy Bush interview, Billy practically forces him to stop saying he didn't write the songs, lol.

Since people are bragging about their yards, here's mine in the way it will look in a month or two.

June06BackPath.jpg

I basically just let it grow and mow paths so I can walk the dog. In the fall, if I feel like it, I cut it all down.

The shiny thing you can just see on the right side is the chimney on my house.

:imgtongue:FromClaygary I love you too! (you KNOW you wanna)

Are the true virgins gonna stay away from QVC tomorrow too? Gah - I don't think there's anything that could make me stay that strong short of leg irons, earplugs and a blindfold.

Oh, let's not go crazy here! :cryingwlaughter: I'm not THAT much of a virgin!!

Am I imagining things or did I read somewhere(s) that there was supposed to be another press release of some kind on Friday? Did I miss it?

Uh huh, and there are some artists for whom that would mean taking writing credits *coughcoughcough* Clay's such a good guy when it comes to things like this. On that Billy Bush interview, Billy practically forces him to stop saying he didn't write the songs, lol.

Exactly.

OK, somebody make me step away from QVC online (just practising!) I'm about this close to buying something.....and it ain't a Clay Aiken CD!

Here's something I've been wondering since hearing the snippets.

maybe Clay will sing it tomorrow... or one of us can call QVC (remember they take calls during the show??? :D)... and ask

Anyway, I wondered if the song "Grace of God" sounds to anyone else like Clay may have written the lyrics. Could it be the song he promised to write after his visit to Uganda?

lyrics spoiler:

>>>It just don't seem right that I sleep safe tonight

there's gotta be some rhyme or reason why

we turn away and we close our eyes

we gotta find some way that we can justify....

<<<
It just sounds to me like something he could have written. I couldn't find anything accredited to the composer on the web.

This page needs some more pretty pictures!!

croppedkmart200.jpg

th_profile-sunset.jpg

(clickable)

OMWH-sunset-WSs.jpg

cha cha...I agree that they sound like he could've written those, but I could swear that I read somewhere earlier that this song was written by some guy and the lyrics are online somewhere...I think the guy's version is out there somewhere (I mean, the actual singing of it)..

cha cha...I agree that they sound like he could've written those, but I could swear that I read somewhere earlier that this song was written by some guy and the lyrics are online somewhere...I think the guy's version is out there somewhere (I mean, the actual singing of it)..

I'm sure you're right muski. I believe it was playing on the writer's MySpace. Sorry I can't remember who wrote it. Anyone notice that there are quite a few songs on this CD that are over 4 minutes long?

Hideeehoe......it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Idj - that's how my house looked for about 2 months this year. I bought a new refrigerator and had to wait over a month because I have a steep driveway and it had 2 ft of snow on itl

Everyone's yards and houses look so nice!!!!

No time to catch up - going to a jazz festival today.

Bye for now. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm sure you're right muski. I believe it was playing on the writer's MySpace. Sorry I can't remember who wrote it. Anyone notice that there are quite a few songs on this CD that are over 4 minutes long?

Hmm...we really shouldn't be surprised, should we, that anything Clay gives us will be long? :whistling-1:

Hmm...we really shouldn't be surprised, should we, that anything Clay gives us will be long? :whistling-1:

I remember hearing about some sng writtena nd sung by another that was on Clay's album, but I don't remember it being "Grace of God".

When I google the song title I get nothing close to it being a song. All I get is an album (by someone else) a group called GOG and a TV show (Medium) with that name.

I'd be interested in anyone else's results if they find where it was before!!

Intermission report for today's matinee from ClaysFayevorite at CV:

Tiggy just called all excited. The whole cast is there and they are ON!!!! There are many, many fans there.

Clay is very funny. He has added a deep voice to parts of the tower scene.

When Fred said "...I'll be your musician" , Clay said "OK!"

In the Camelot scene he was standing on the die again dancing.

He was kicking at the door of the castle.

When the monk and nun were dancing, he said "be careful!"

When he chased the dancing girl around he had his tongue hanging out...Tiggy's sure he is going to "catch" her before this is over...he's coming very close!!! He was saying "shake it!" and bending REAL low to look up her skirt.

The dismount was really big.

During the slomo horse ride Galahad was holding his hair up like it was blowing in the wind.

During "Run Away" the girl was spanking him ( ummm,,,bet she didn't even have to "bid" for that!) She was holding on to his belt and pulling him back,

Act 3...umm...2! was about to begin. She'll be back....

Anybody know anything about this "Spamalot Score" Autographed by "Clay Ale"???? :cryingwlaughter:

It's up to $4,000 now! :D

Part of the Spamalot fundraising for BC/EFA...it was added later than the others, possibly to have time to get it framed (?) or maybe just because Clay went a-ha!! I know!! after remembering the success of the scores at the BAF gala. :cryingwlaughter:

Glad to see it really getting up there! Ends tonight.

ETA: so...I got the taxes fixed based on the latest info from my employer <_< ...and it printed the enclosures page and then ran out of ink! :blink:

Good God....will this thing go on forever???