#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

I love Clay Aiken!!!!!!

He put his arm around me, he asked me my name, he thanked me for coming, he looked me in the eye, he stuck his tongue out at me on stage and all for the low low price of $250 not including shipping!!!!

Had a blast last night in front row center!!!!

Before he was acting and now he is the actor!!! Does that make any sense? He has improved so much that I cannot believe it!

I will have to write more when I can digest it all. Meanwhile it is just ......gah!!!!!!!

My signature says it all...one of those moments!

I'll EEEEEEEEEEE vicariously through you, merrieeee! Your post just helped me relive last Saturday. Congrats! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, congradulations to Clay. I cliced on yahoo to get my mail and was faced with the 10 cheesiest singers - Cher and Mainlow were on the list, and Buble headed it, but no Clay. Guess he is not that important to yahoo. heh.

When did Cher become cheesy??? Wow! :cryingwlaughter:

Gibby - to answer your question about which mountains I live in ......I'm about 75 miles from Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Foothills....aka "gold country!" My house is at about 4000 feet in elevation and I do get snow. It's absolutely beautiful. This is the view off my back deck and from my bedroom, living room and dining room!

024_21A.jpg

Iseeme... gorgeous! I love Lake Tahoe! I have a friend who is a fireman up there.

Hey!! anybody want to see a pic of my backyard?? :D

IMG_7481.jpg

I took that a couple of years ago.... but this one I took yesterday!

DSC00627.jpg

cha cha... That's so beautiful! I have a balcony, but don't use it much cause of all the kids playing around the complex. One day, tho, I'm gonna live somewhere beautiful!

Speaking of staying off the boards, I will probably be scarce this weekend, as it is crimsonice's birthday weekend, and we will be doing some celebrating the big 2-3! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Yeah, it sure makes me feel old..........

luckiest... try having a daughter who is turning 40 the end of May. Then you'll feel old! :cryingwlaughter:

"The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken." Can we use that as a thread title just for next week (his last week in the show, sob)?

ldyj... I second this request! It would be so fitting!

Off to teach an all day class, so I won't be around. Have FUN!!!

When I was stuck in the JFK airport for 7 hours last time I was in NYC, I noticed that they have free wireless there, too. Way cool! Except I didn't have my laptop with me. Figures, eh?

Pittsburgh.......youngest son is heading there mid-May for 3 days, with the music department from his high school. They will be focusing on fun attractions and ethnic neighbourhoods. Not a place I ever had the desire to visit from a tourist point of view, but he is quite excited about it. It will be his first overnight trip without parents. How fast they grow up........

About Clay's response to the tour question, I have read on other boards that some people think he is just keeping things "close to the vest" etc, because they are convinced that a fall tour is in the works. I've never got that impression, I think he really is going to wait and see how things play out before planning a tour around OMWH. I totally think there will be one, but I'm not convinced it will be this year. I hope we at least get a Christmas tour, and then maybe a spring OMWH tour next year. That would work out fine for me. I need time to save up some $$ after all this Spamtasic stuff in 2007. I am definitely planning on taking a trip to Raleigh in October, though, for the BAF gala. It's cool that it's timed with the State Fair, because I wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity for another fried Twinkie! :cryingwlaughter:

I do agree that he is waiting to see how the sales of OMWH goes. I also think they are waiting to see how radio play goes...if this song connects to the audience andclimbs the chart...if OMWH has good sales for several weeks...I wouldn;t be surprised if they go for a Fall tour. If OMWH does not chart...I can see them waiting if other songs would do it before going out and touring. If this happens then I think it will be 2009 before he tours for this CD.

Thanks for the clips, Thankful.

Chach and Iseeme - what beautiful backyards! My backyard at home is nice, but not spectacular by any means. But we go to my parent's vacation house sometimes for a break, and here is the view from that deck:

706ContinentalDivideatDusk2.jpg

And here is a pic of a nearby meadow, taken in the fall:

1006MeadowinAutumn.jpg

These pics were taken with my old camera. I'm so looking forward to going to the mountains again with my new camera! It will take better pictures. And now, I'm off to play piano for another contest; the last one of the school year. Yay!!! Once all these contests are over I'll have more time for fun in the mountains!

I, too, can believe in a "wait and see" approach to touring. It seems like a smart decision, to me. Tour now, and you're basically selling to the same crowd (probably in the same type of venues and regions). If the album gets a little buzz, or if he can build up his public profile a bit more, it's possible that the touring opportunities will be be considerably better. Besides, as Spamalot limited his ability to pre-promote the album, perhaps it's best that he be able to spend time promoting it after its release.

I would not be surprised if he has other interesting summer plans, ones that have not yet been revealed. It may not be anything as monumental as a movie role or his own show. However, it could be enough to keep up his visibility and please his fans.

As it is, I continue to be impressed by the fact that he can continue to get major bookings. Leno for the fourth time? Not many can say that.

Beautiful views, y'all!

I think it's wait and see. I think they're going to have a long promo period and than figure out whether it's big vennies, medium vennies, or small vennies. I think he wants to wait and see how much sponsorship he can drum up when people see the amazing sales. Crossing fingers and toes. I think when he tours this album,. he's going to really tour this album. No halfway stuff.

Thanks, Thankful! :clap:

Clay told everyone about the contest and that he was sick and tired of not winning! Then he made Hannah talk about the photos and she called him "the very handome Sir Clay of Aiken" and called him handsome several other times. We ran into her heading into a building after the show and she said he made her do that!

Hmmmm..... and just how did "The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken" make Hannah do that??? :whistling-1:

I third that for a thread title!

Hurumph! I only have a well developed suburb backyard, not too impressive, but the flowers I plant bloom from AprilCrocus through November mums. Things are in transit right now - the daffodils have died out, the apple blossoms and scarlet quince blooms have faded, the tulips are attacked by squirrels and the hyacinth have kind of wilted due to lack of rain (which I missed fixing by being distracted by the beautiful weather to be over this weekend). But the azaleas will be out soon, followed by the rhodedendrons and the mountain laurel, the iris, the daylilies, then the annuals will be planted and bloom......And the lawn will be mowed and the..... I like my back yard, shady and quiet, with neighbors all insulated in their central air houses with the lawns bare of trees they have all cut down, while I go sit outside in the shade of all my trees with lemonade, or go to the beach, heh.

Well, there should be lots of Clay news from matinees now. Can't wait.

Sponsorship would be good, Clay started off with lots of sponsors and they sort of disappeared. He deserves good sponsors.

I didn't respond the last time you and Clayzor attacked me personally, Claygasm, and I won't this time either. If my presence sucks the fun out of things for you - well you are the only one who can change that.

And my last word on the subject is, that is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

About Clay's response to the tour question, I have read on other boards that some people think he is just keeping things "close to the vest" etc, because they are convinced that a fall tour is in the works. I've never got that impression, I think he really is going to wait and see how things play out before planning a tour around OMWH. I totally think there will be one, but I'm not convinced it will be this year. I hope we at least get a Christmas tour, and then maybe a spring OMWH tour next year. That would work out fine for me. I need time to save up some $$ after all this Spamtasic stuff in 2007. I am definitely planning on taking a trip to Raleigh in October, though, for the BAF gala. It's cool that it's timed with the State Fair, because I wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity for another fried Twinkie! :cryingwlaughter:

Just catching up......re my bolding above....Cooooooll!!! I totally didn't catch that Gala time will also be State Fair time. Good catch, and yee-hoo! for fried Twinkies and dill pickles! :cryingwlaughter:

Not going to beat a dead horse, just want to say how happy I am to see my friend cindilu2 back!

Backyard pictures:

SSNov5.jpg

I have a vacant lot behind my house that, in years without drought, has a fairly large pond in it. I absolutely love it as it attracts birds and other wildlife and beautifully reflects the city lights and sky above and beyond it. My yard is just grass (I'm SO not a gardener) but the pond....is awesome.

ETA:....hmmm...not sure how to get rid of the thumbnail, which did not show in the preview so I thought it didn't attach. Oh well.....enjoy twice!! :cryingwlaughter:

ETA2: There....did it!

I didn't respond the last time you and Clayzor attacked me personally, Claygasm, and I won't this time either.

Wasn't going to :Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius: but just need to say that there are all kinds of ways to respond to perceived attacks---ranging from frank public words to declarations of martyrdom to passive-aggressive silent actions---and I daresay all most some a few of us have employed shades of that range of behavior from time to time. So lest anybody feel self righteous about any freaking thing, let's ALL agree to own our own words and actions, and then do whatever we need to do in order to move on---be it continuing discussions in PM or being absolutely intolerably loquacious as Bookwhore was in her post. (That woman is way too chatty for MY tastes, you know, :rolleyes: being the shy, retiring sort myself. :kiss: )

Well, I'm Fallin', yeah I'm FALLIN'....er...I'm REALLY tempted to forego my VirginityRedux and just listen to the damned clips again (and again)...I think my hesitation is because last time I listened to ATDW clips over and over and over, all the while proudly supporting the "It's NOT better to wait" philosophical approach, but then I found myself a bit underwhelmed when the actual full versions were available. Maybe that was because they were covers? :blink:

To be a semi virgin or not, that is the question! Should I let him all the way in? :whistling-1:

Whoa - everyone's backyards are beeooooteeeous!!! I used to wonder if I had a view would I ever get tired of it - NOPE!!!! Every morning I open the blinds and am thankful!!!!

Love the white Dogwood. We have white and pink here and it's in full bloom right now.

I'm off to spend the day with friends in Columbia - a little pioneer gold town with a great Tea Shoppe and fun stores to cruise through.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

I bet the very handsome Sir Robin is in countdown mode. I think next weekend will be poignant for him.....

From GBB at CH:

Pre-show report from Ficus. She and Ficadood ran into Jerome and his mom at Juniors.

Me: Let me guess. She's tiny.

Ficus: Yup.

Aww, Jerome's mama is in town. :)

From GBB at CH:

Pre-show report from Ficus. She and Ficadood ran into Jerome and his mom at Juniors.

Me: Let me guess. She's tiny.

Ficus: Yup.

Aww, Jerome's mama is in town. :)

Ha!! would've bet money on that one. :cryingwlaughter:

I may live in the boondocks but I have to say our property is beautiful in the summer. This used to be a farm but when my husbands Grandfather had an accident and lost the use of his arm he turned most of his fields to this beautiful lawn and garden which is pretty tough to maintain in the summer...

post-2-1209232346_thumb.jpg

post-2-1209232550_thumb.jpg

I'm loving everyone's yard pics. Ansa, that first one reminds me of a scene out of Anne of Green Gables!

Ok, someone please stop me from pricing airfare to NYC for next weekend!! I found a couple of good deals, but then I'd have to look for show tickets & a hotel room..... :fca:

Play, I'm sure Shadow would be very gracious to Holly! :D C'mon down!

Yards...well, since I live in a townhome development, we have a courtyard out front that is maintained by the Homeowner's Association (and our monthly dues <_< ) but it is pretty. The back? Just a patio that leads to the garage...When I was growing up outside of Richmond, VA, we had a yard on a corner lot that had banks to the ditches and I just remember using the hand lawn mower on those ^#)@$ banks while my stepfather used the power mower on the flat lawn. :whatacrock: Finally, he took my advice and grew some ground cover on those banks--flox--and no more mowing! Well, except then he made me do the mowing of the flat part. :angry22:

Beauteous day here--gonna be in the low 80s, supposedly. A FINE day to sit out and watch Alex's soccer game! Hubby will be coaching Carrie's softball game at the same time, so I have to miss that one. Definitely one of the times I wish I could be in two places at once.

Speaking of which...I'd surely love to be at the soccer game, the softball game AND Clay's Sir Robin turn in Spamalot at the same time! :lilredani::DoClay:

I will try to add my backyard pictures (it usually teakes me two or three tries to figure out the process):

garden

garden2

garden2-1.jpg

garden-1.jpg

eta I give up. I can't figure out how to make the pictures show up--but here are links.

I'm electronically challenged.

I brought them out for you they are lovely!!! ansa

My friend periodically sends me pictures from her garden in the desert--basically rocks. There's something to be said for that. LOL.