#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Clay's whole 30 minute segment is up on the QVC site!

Click on the 'Videos' tab for his on-air presentation. Unfortunately, it still cuts off TRM for the gadgets... <_<

Okay - I've watched it again twice and want to make some comments. I think as beautiful as the songs were they're still a bit "raw!" I think as he performs them more "live" they're going to be absolutely incredible!!! NOW - this is not a criticism - just a comment!!! Clay is always so expressive when he sings and I just think he hasn't sung those songs from beginning to end very much...don't you do stuff over and over when recording but maybe not end to end?

Does anyone else see what I'm saying or am I way off base?? I just know that when Clay tours the songs keep getting better and better the more he sings them and he puts more emotion into each of them.

Saw Carly Smithson on Ellen today. She's actually kind of cute without all that makeup.

Nope, Iseeme...I feel the same way. WHen I was talking with CG, I said that he seemed uncomfortable on the stage, even maybe a bit nervous...but mostly just (ahem) stiff. Just not his usual self. His lips were horribly chapped, poor baby. Seemed low on energy...most likely verrra, verrra tired (see wonky eye)...I just listened to the tape of the tv broadcast..the sound was more blatantly unbalanced than it sounded on my computer. And he sounded 'Raw' yep, his voice is tired, too. My heart broke when his voice broke on the word "kiss"...

But other body parts did other things when he sang other things. :hubbahubba: AND I was fascinated by all the ways his long fingers caressed and manipulated the mic stand. :Thud:....and I think that since he knew he was tired and couldn't really move all around, he decided to make up for that with continual, sustained eyefucks.

Worked for me.

From gerwhisp at the CB..... :hubbahubba:

qvc_hair.gif

Okay - I've watched it again twice and want to make some comments. I think as beautiful as the songs were they're still a bit "raw!" I think as he performs them more "live" they're going to be absolutely incredible!!! NOW - this is not a criticism - just a comment!!! Clay is always so expressive when he sings and I just think he hasn't sung those songs from beginning to end very much...don't you do stuff over and over when recording but maybe not end to end?

Does anyone else see what I'm saying or am I way off base?? I just know that when Clay tours the songs keep getting better and better the more he sings them and he puts more emotion into each of them.

I agree. The songs on QVC, while really beautiful, were pretty pared down and basic. I expect as Clay sings the new stuff in concert and has Quiana and Angela to riff off of, the songs will increase in richness and nuance. And I think Jesse's jazzy piano playing would be a great complement to the songs Clay sang tonight.

ETA: annabear, I was hoping all during the show that Clay'd do the fingers-through-the-hair move. :hubbahubba:

Had to watch it again before I could get my thoughts together; DD#3 was here watching with me and it was kind of hard to concentrate; kept looking over to see her reactions and whether I was getting any eyerolls, etc.

So she finally left with her boyfriend and I was able to watch.

Everything I Don't Need: I really like it and would love to see him really let loose on it; he seemed a little restrained.

Something About Us: Very 40's and Big Band; I could so hear Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra singing this song...even Harry Connick, Jr. I think my hubby will love this song as he really likes smooth jazz and this song is very much what he listens to.

I Draw The Line: (still hearing I Walk The Line in my head, LOL). Going to have to listen to this one again, but another song, I would really like to see him let loose on.

The Real Me: I like what I heard tonight better than the snippet during the Billy Bush Interview, wish I could have heard the whole song, but I liked what I heard.

Overall, I thought the band was too loud and I heard some voice cracks, but it was good and I am really looking forward to hearing the whole CD and really turning it up loud!

Kim

Well if he can sing like that his first time performing them live - then it's probably good he won't tour right away. I would like to survive the summer. Heheh, I'm sure I must just have different hearing than everybody else. Goes with my rose coloured glasses I guess :cryingwlaughter:

Off to watch a few hundred times more.

Well, bottle, he couldn't risk killing off all of the ordering public too early in the 30 minute slot... ;)

I was waiting for him to let loose a little bit, especially on EIDN, but overall I *loved* him!

And with that, I think I'm going to call it a night. Must be up early tomorrow. I could use some prayers and/or positive thoughts, if you're so inclined. I've got a doctor's appointment for something that's most likely nothing, but the slight possibility of it being something is freaking me out a bit tonight. Thanks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

LOVED the songs....

I actually was very impressed with this performance cos its the first time he sang these songs live. He was great!!!

I LOOOOVE EIDN...and all of them actually.

Saw Carly Smithson on Ellen today. She's actually kind of cute without all that makeup.

I don't think you're off base. I got the feeling that he wasn't completely comfortable with the songs, too. Course, when would he have rehearsed? He's been super busy with Spamalot and album promotion. And I, too, thought his voice sounded a little tired. I think he will knock these songs out of the ballpark once he's had a change to rehearse them more, and sings them on tour.

Even so, I LOVED the performances, and will enjoy watching them over and over! Especially Everything I Don't Need.

annabear, I'm sending some prayers your way!

I don't think you're off base. I got the feeling that he wasn't completely comfortable with the songs, too. Course, when would he have rehearsed? He's been super busy with Spamalot and album promotion. And I, too, thought his voice sounded a little tired. I think he will knock these songs out of the ballpark once he's had a change to rehearse them more, and sings them on tour.

Even so, I LOVED the performances, and will enjoy watching them over and over! Especially Everything I Don't Need.

You've said what I wanted to say. I think he did great....but I think he was nervous. There WAS a little roughness, IMO (not much, just a little), and the wonky eye was in full force. Made me want to give him a big hug, actually. I also think that these songs will grow organically in concert, a la ISY. He was definitely fantastic, and I'm totally satisfied. But I think we'll get so much more in the future.

{{{{{{{{{{{{annabear}}}}}}

I also think that these songs will grow organically in concert, a la ISY. He was definitely fantastic, and I'm totally satisfied. But I think we'll get so much more in the future.

After I posted I thought "holy crap!" I didn't want to sound like I was being too overly critical. It just comes from knowing that the more comfortable he gets with a song the more he sells it. Clay's performance today is far and above what the majority of singers out there can produce....didnt mean to take anything away from him. And we did get a glory note!!! (sigh!)

I also wonder if it was different for him to have "the 4th wall" gone. He's been so used to NOT interacting with the audience for the past 14 weeks or so. Just a thought!!! And Cindilu- there's absolutely nothing wrong with your hearing! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You know, when you buy a CD there's always some songs you like and some you don't. I will readily admit there are several on both MOAM and ATDW that I sometimes will skip through (but I ain't telling you which ones!) So far on OMWH I havent' heard anything I will want to skip!!!!

I love it when Clay talks about these songs and gets almost visceral in his descriptions. You can tell he really did handpick every one of them. And how funny he found a song messing around on MySpace! What a guy.

I would think it is situational...Clay rarely comes across the same on TV as he does in concert . After all how does one get "in the mood" when there is blocking and lighting and sound checks and that damn camera to follow with those constant and mind blowing EFs. I mean seriously a good EF requires a lot of energy...

If anything I find myself being the one stiff...LOL While intently watching I was nervous and anxious for him, for sales for EVERYTHING...

*breath clayanne*.

...I didn't even know all the words since I haven't visited the lyric thread....baaaad Clayfan.

I think EIDN is going to kill live....God help the unsuspecting NJU peeps who might find their way to a show.

I think the live concert with this songs is gonna be a real winner. He's going to make each one kill us. And I'm going to enjoy watching both the vocals and the dramatic interpretation of EIDN evolve with each performance, as we KNOW they will. And the softly sung songs? Gah. What a voice.

I say, "Clay, honey...you get yourself a rest and a recharge in Raleigh for however long you need. Have some fun with family and friends. Watch some silly movies while lounging in your jammies on your love sac. :hubbahubba: "

And for every concert, however anyone styles your hair, just be sure to run your fingers through it a couple of times right before you show up on stage and all will be well. :cryingwlaughter:

And with that, I think I'm going to call it a night. Must be up early tomorrow. I could use some prayers and/or positive thoughts, if you're so inclined. I've got a doctor's appointment for something that's most likely nothing, but the slight possibility of it being something is freaking me out a bit tonight. Thanks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You got 'em. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I was busy imagining the album and what it's going to sound like. From the small group of musicians he had there and the tracks TC had added into the mix, and his vocals, I got enough of an impression to believe that is going to be a complex album, musically and stylistically. I love the dissonance of EIDN, the melodic grace of SOU. Where I Draw the Line is very catchy and fun, and yet complicated as well. These are great, great songs he has found, and they all suit his voice so well. Kipper is good, really, really good. I cannot wait--one more week and I'll be headed to Walmart in the middle of the night. Maybe, or maybe just to iTunes. LOL.

Is it Tuesday yet? I want that album in my hands like...yesterday!!

I think he sings the songs unbelievably well especially in that setting, which is not the most conducive, with not so good acoustics!

By the way if anyone is in Houston, Monday night, The eHP will be having a genteel soiree to welcome in the new issue from one Mr. Clay Aiken. Tea & Crumpets will not be served

Wow, it took me forever to catch up. Anything going on? heee

This will get lost in all he fun but as LdyJ and Play told ya'll Clay is scheduled to sing The Prayer tomorrow at the Broadway Cares event. The show will be identical to the one today except Clay and of course tomorrow we will get the totals. I may not be on Jerome's list but I sure am on the Broadway Cares list. They had tables set out and about 4 people were passing out the tickets. Well when I said my name the guy supervising goes... oh you're going tomorrow BWAH. I'm like, uh yeah. Now I know why he looked at me so strangely because it is the exact same show. heee. He said my name was unusual. Whatever, just have my ticket ready tomorrow because I'll get to hear my boyfriend sing The Prayer along with my new girl crush. Hopefully there will be some clack taking fans there -- I saw cameras tonight and it wasn't a Clay crowd IMO... and 3 different people asked me if I had an extra ticket to sell. What I look like, a scalper? Anyway it was a great 2 1/2 hours of entertainment...A lot of it went over my head since I don't follow Broadway but there were a lot of shows represented. I'll scan the program when I get a chance if nobody else does.

Other than that I did the New York City skyride at the Empire State Building and visited a friend in the Village. Despite the rain it was another good day.

I would think it is situational...Clay rarely comes across the same on TV as he does in concert . After all how does one get "in the mood" when there is blocking and lighting and sound checks and that damn camera to follow with those constant and mind blowing EFs. I mean seriously a good EF requires a lot of energy...

If anything I find myself being the one stiff...LOL While intently watching I was nervous and anxious for him, for sales for EVERYTHING...

*breath clayanne*.

...I didn't even know all the words since I haven't visited the lyric thread....baaaad Clayfan.

I think EIDN is going to kill live....God help the unsuspecting NJU peeps who might find their way to a show.

Yep, a big fat WORD to all of this. Totally in love with EIDN. Can't wait to hear this live in concert someday. :Thud:

I love the man.

Seriously.

Just loooooooooooooooooove him.

I think he was a tad tired too (to me, the wonky eye speaks volumes, god know I am, and I only did this weekend. He needs some down time.

Ya know the only thing I didn't like? The freakin' dead ass audience. I'm sorry, if you enjoy the man, move a little dammit! No, the standing O is not enough - he is a performer that feeds off the energy of his audience - and the majority seemed to just sit and stare - and that happened on the last couple of tours too, not counting the Xmas tours. Once you get past the first row, it doesn't look like the music moves them in any way - they can't even sway a little? Feh. But that's my issue. When I say the music moves me, I do mean physically. And the tempo doesn't matter.

My little trip to NY:

Thursday night: Keeping Faith arrives at my office to pick me up ... from which I have run off because my boss is a great big whiny baby. We head to my house, and immediately plop ourselves in my living room to watch clack on the HD monitor with serious surround sound. Y'all can have your good headphones - I want my boyfriend's voice coming straight at me from my center channel that I have planted myself in front of (and no, just because I had a guest doesn't mean I would, like, move. Though KF had a pretty damn good seat. Solo now has competition for my cat's love, but Solo's still ahead on bites sharp demonstrations of cat love.) My lord, KF had been DEPRIVED. We eventually stopped watching clack after about three hours (I know, I know, barely touching on the highlights, but some things she made me play over and over and over. And since I'm a good host, I obliged) and discussed everything under the sun and went to the House of Pies for dinner. We both noticed it was WAY different at 8 pm than 2 am. Don't ask us how we know this...memories may be faintly hazy. So we come back to my place, and think about what to do next. We came up with watching more clack. Originality is occasionally overrated, people. Well, anyhoo, she decided to go to bed at around midnight. At about 12:15, somebody in here posted about NEW snippets! So I woke her up. And we listened to snippets until 2 a.m. This will become a theme. We think about the fact we have a 6:40 a.m. flight and think going to bed might be a good idea. "Cause you know 2 hours of sleep will make ALL the difference in the world! We decide we can leave at 5 a.m. because I have been known to get to the airport excessively early, and so we will arise at 4:30 a.m. because we are swift and sure and strong! Yeah, that's the ticket! We crawl into bed (and when I say we, I gotta say I was only mildly shocked that KF was so willing to sleep with a strange male just because he liked rubbing her feet). I get up an hour and 45 minutes later. I wouldn't call it exactly refreshing, but I was ready to boogie! But it occurred to me at 4:50 a.m. that filling up an 8 GB flash drive was a necessity right then. Hey, we had new snippets! As I was watching my downloads, I noticed KF like surreptitiously check her watch, then me, then the clock, then caress the doorknob. I have no idea why. So we leave at 5:20 a.m. (which, technically, is really close to 5 a.m. Really. And I only have about 40 miles to go. So I don't really even have to speed! Yay me!) I toss my new GPS on the dashboard - and sort of spend another five minutes trying to make it stick. Happily it's dark, so if there was any eye-rolling from the passenger side, I couldn't see it! KF seems to like my new GPS better than Elvira, as Rod was so proud of us finding our way to the Park 'n Fly, he declared his intentions of making love to us. I really like my new GPS. We arrive at the Park 'n Fly at about 5:50 a.m. Not driving fast at all. No, really. Just going with the flow of traffic. Especially since the cops were nowhere to be seen. We hop on the shuttle - arrive at the correct terminal - and get a call from other members of our posse (that for some UNKNOWN reason, were AMAZED that we were already at the airport, merrieee being especially vocal in her amazement. 00lsee waited until she saw us as she is seriously talented at that nonverbal amazement.) We whisk our way through security and arrive at the gate and THEY WEREN'T EVEN BOARDING YET. So just because we got there a teensy bit afterward they claimed they start boarding, Continental LIED so we were technically EARLY. Of course, the other eHP members, who for some reason simply accept anything Continental tells them, tell that they called me for an upgrade a bit ago. So it all worked out. Everyone hops on the plane and off we go, into the wild blue yonder!

Landing in Newark, we fetcha the checked luggage and take a cab to our hotel (happily merrieee actually had the address, because frankly I know perfectly well that eventually on the posse will have the answer to everything). We hop in the cab and entertain the cab driver on the way to the hotel. In case you were wondering, the cabbie agreed that many men find breasts interesting. I can't remember why we solicited his opinion on that, but he was very firm that it was a fact. He also seemed to think that we were some sort of party girls, and gave us advice as to where the action was. The cab gets us to the hotel without incident but of course as I am paying the cab the money simply blows away, and as me and the cabbie are chasing it down the driveway, Solo and Scarlett show up. The cabbie recognized them too, and is now really convinced we are just party animals. We troop up to the 6th floor and are discussing where PerusingOne and HeidoHo might be, when PerusingOne stuck her head out the door. Heidi claimed something about being able to hear us through the walls, but honestly, isn't a better explanation is that Perusing is just psychic? Why deny the girl her talent?

After much greeting and squealing, 00lsee and KF and merrieeee and Heidi claim to be hungry and run off to get food, and abandon me and Scarlett and Solo to our whims. And we whimsically decide to go to Coney Island. Solo looks up the subway schedule but doesn't actually pay attention to it as she directs us to get on the Q train because she said it was the express and we would be there in about 15 minutes. After about 45 minutes of stopping at every wide spot on the tracks, we finally get to Coney Island and it is freakin' freezing. Haven't those people in NY even heard of spring??!?!? So in our quest to find the best food in America, we go to Nathan's. And soon learn why it is NOT a national franchise. I swear, that has GOT to be the most inefficiently run "fast" food joint I've been too. Still better than White Castly, but man! We did get one side dish with a grand total of 1,363 calories. Yes, I said a side dish. A medium order of bacon cheese fries. We did split it amongst ourselves/ I have every faith that the corn dogs, chili cheese dogs, bacon cheese dogs, and corn on the cob had negative calories to make up for it. As we were consuming our nutritional sound lunch (hey, one of those even thought about getting a Sprite Zero! I admit, she didn't actually DO it, but I swear she thought about it!), we overheard a conversation between two "small" boys behind us. The older of the boys (with enough of a Jersey accent that I felt like I fell into an episode of the Sopranos) was explained to the younger that he had to tell this chick he was trying to pick up that he was 25 as she was 22, and he didn't think she would go for an 11 year old. The younger one (who appeared to be about 8) agreed with this observation and proceeding to give the 11 years helpful hints about picking up the ladies. I though we were gonna DIE. They were perfectly serious. Their mother eventually appeared and took them away. Our entertainment having left, we then proceeding to the roller coaster. Which turned out to be wooden. And missing parts. and OLD! My psychotic friends decided to ride the thing anyway. I held the purses. Including a backpack from Scarlett which contained about 17 weeks worth of clothes as she couldn't decide exactly what to wear to the concert. So she decided to take it all with her. Scarlett of course rode the damn thing twice. We then head in the general direction of the Schubert (riding the N train this time, which still stopped at each wide point in the tracts, but happily there were fewer wide spots) but for some reason, stop in Borders. Considering the fact how often we exit the 33rd street station, we (Han can't quite remember in what direction we actually need to head). We find Borders (for some reason, somebody wanted to go. And so we did. And bought stuff.) After looking futilely for a place to sit, Perusing and Solo get me moving again with the bribes of pretty bathrooms in the Marriott Millennium, right across from the Schubert. We are very fond of pretty and comfortable bathrooms. They are vitally important to the welfare of the eHP. We get to the hotel, fake like we belong there and head up to the lounge. We eat an overpriced pizza, drink overpriced drinks, and all of us completely change outfits. Because that's the way we roll. And we were too lazy to go back to the hotel. We all even through on some heels (except Perusing who was still complaining about how uncomfortable sneakers were - see, she's the craziest of us all! BWAH! Ooh, don't let me forget - she wants me to hit her were an admin note. What can I say, the girl has issues - but GREAT tickets!). We catch up with the rest of the posse, because for some reason, merrieeee was a tad antsy since we had her ticket. On the front row. Almost directly in front of much Clay action. And I say almost directly in front of much Clay action because she was sitting next to me - and I was DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF MUCH DELIGHTFULLY PERVY CLAY ACTION! BWAH HA HA HA HAH!

Great seats totally rock people!

The show: Now I saw Clay's first performance and was interested to see how the performance has evolved - and in many ways, it's like night and day. In the performances in January, Clay was deadly seriously - he immersed all of "Clay Aiken, the concert performer" into "Clay Aiken, the totally professional Broadway performer" being Sir Robin, and he was incredible. He was amazingly good. The performance now are totally different - not better, just very, very different. There was much, much more "Clay Aiken, the Broadway performer who is wearing this role like a second skin and therefore can play with the role and the audience a lot" Clay's original Sir Robin was naive, sincere, very innocent - Clay's currently Sir Robin is much more self aware and looking out for his main chance. The first was unconsciously charming - the second is very, very knowingly charming. Both work WONDERS for me. Still say the man is not a dancer - but has learned this choreography really, really well - he is not a dancing improviser. He'll do different things but in general it's with someone else. But verbally? He can fly by the seat of his pants with the best of them. The pooping scenes? He has turned them into very, very, VERY broad parody. His big number? His character knows it's his big number and he milks that puppy for all it's worth.

OK, my charming, charming members of the eHP got me my tickets for this weekend. And were laughing hysterically as they gave me mine for Friday night. I found out why during the horse riding scene in Act 1. He was dead in front on me. His eyes met mine once just before the scene started, and I swear to God I could see the words "FRESH MEAT" scroll across his eyes. He mounted his horse, proceeding to squat gracefully, opened his mouth, stuck out his tongue, and proceeding to do things with his tongue that totally pushed Richard Gere out of my mental box labeled "Gigolo - worth every penny" and plopped himself in there. I was squirming in my seat and the more I squirmed, the raunchier the tongue got. If you combine the tongue action with the thigh motion, this scene along should have been rated triple XXX. I thought I was gonna DIE! And with a smile on my face the undertaker would be able to chisel off! Damn, the man was GOOD! I don't remember much of the show after that. But honestly, I love Tom and Rick almost as much Clay - Tom as Prince Herbert just rocks my world, and Rick at the French Taunter - I thought I would pee myself. I missed Chris Siebert as Galahad - the new guy is just missing something for me, but certainly parts (especially the grail/dinner cruise/lost cup thing) were excellent.

I loved the badgering of the audience for more money - the accusations of not actually voting for him and how we would have to make up for it now. How he wants to win - how we might as well give them all our money since the dollar's not worth anything anyhow. I was even entertained that the Lady of the Lake jiggled her tracts of land at me. It's possible that my tracts were also on display - you know crop rotation is an important thing and I want to make sure Clay has all his options!

We went to some Irish pub after the show and Shelly came along with us. We eventually found the PATH station on the second or third try (some people's sense of direction like totally sucks!), got back to our hotel about 2 in the morning, and prepared to arise at 4 to get to Philly and some magical chicken wings!

to be continued...

Recap from Queensmum at CV who went to QVC today:

Loved the songs -- All of them -- Quickie Recap:

"On My Way Here" sets the theme for the CD perfectly and the bridge was great to hear live.

"Everything I Don't Need" was one of my least favorites from the snippets ... not anymore -- HAWT song, wow!! Growls... yeah ...

"Something About Us" showcases Clay's jazzy voice and it's definitely a wedding song, I really liked it, very smooth.

"Where I Draw the Line" = HAWT but sad lyrics

"The Real Me" is stunningly beautiful, we got to hear the whole song ...

The sound system sucked, studio def. not built for acoustics, but Clay sounded really really good (a few little bobbles but heck, he's singing live!) and looked great (back to fighting weight) alltho' he did look a little tired to me ... perhaps a little bit tense at times, esp. right in the beginning ... but once he realized how into it the whole group was, he relaxed

These songs are grown up songs, not fluff -- they also show off Clay's range and ability to sing so many different genres without a ton of glory notes

There were 2 boom cameras and a couple of still cameras PLUS this guy walking around with a camera going practically up Clay's nose -- it was a tight fit on the stage and I think that's why he stayed put as much as he did ... I was so surprised to see how much was going on around him ... it would have driven me bonkers with everything whirring and turning (but dang! he knows RIGHT where the camera is at all times)

The hostess (Jaque?) was a doll and very sweet -- I honestly think she loved the songs, not just shilling it, she said how much she loved it off camera a few times -- she got way too many hugs

Clay running his hand through his hair gave me shivers (good ones)

when you hear about all the people on the stage, etc. it sheds some light on the performance...

I am finally home (my friend and I went out to dinner and then I had to drive her home and while I live close to QVC, she doesn't, and then she doesn't live all that close to me either!).

I would like to KILL whoever messed with his near perfect hair from this afternoon!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I do want to say he wasn't scheduled to sing TRM, The show host said she begged him to and he said they would if they had time. They didn't really, but I think he sang it mostly for her. She told us before it started she had listened to the whole CD (lucky bitch!) and she LOVED it, especially OMWH. TRM, SAU and WOTW and I think EIDN. She didn't even look at the CD for the titles and since there was at least one song he wasn't singing, I think she was genuine.

Muski did a great job recapping the afternoon event so I don't have to!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

As for tonight...... I think I need to sleep on it and watch the clack as the sound was TERRIBLE in the studio. Just not sure what to say.

I will say this. IMO Clay was off his game. I would bet it was because he was tired - maybe he bit off more than he could chew? He seemed to drag - not his usual sparkling personality and razor sharp wit. I thought the show host was great with him and he seemed to lean on her a lot (both fugitive and literally - lucky bitch!). Maybe he was tired. Maybe he had a headache. Maybe he hated what he saw out in the audience! I don't know. It was just kind of weird.

I am glad I didn't listen to the snippets beforehand because I think if I LOVED one of the snippets of the songs he sang I would have been very disappointed in person. But again, the sound was TERRIBLE in the studio, but I think his performance was a bit off too. First time, I know, and maybe too little rehearsal time. Makes me wonder about the wisdom of fitting this QVC appearance in now. Of the ones I heard tonight (including the ENTIRE TRM..) I definitely love SAU best!

Hey Twin, wasn't that your favorite based on the snippets?

I loved the jazzy feel to it and thought it was mucho sexy.

Not sure if this appearance does him any good in the long run. 12,000 CDs? The internet fandom alone could easily buy that many - especially when so many order multiples. I wish there was some data on who bought them - long time QVC shoppers or mostly new? I wish there was data on how many tuned in - more than usual for a Monday 7pm show, or less? I guess the appearance can't hurt him - just not sure it helped him and I wonder if anyone "new" saw him if they would even be impressed. He just wasn't himself.

And I won't even get into the eyeliner!!

Like I said, I think I need to sleep on this. I am left with an odd feeling - about the songs, the fandom and his future. I still love and adore Clay and this afternoon he looked FABULOUS - except for the eyeliner. But I need to mull everything over.

And watch the clack.

And I am too tired to do either now.

Like I said, I think I need to sleep on this. I am left with an odd feeling - about the songs, the fandom and his future

His future? Wow, that's pretty dire!

I think any exposure is a good thing. He only sold that many during the show but it doesn't mean there weren't more orders later. I doubt this appearance will have a negative effect on his future though.

Like I said, I think I need to sleep on this. I am left with an odd feeling - about the songs, the fandom and his future

His future? Wow, that's pretty dire!

I think any exposure is a good thing. He only sold that many during the show but it doesn't mean there weren't more orders later. I doubt this appearance will have a negative effect on his future though.

I did say the apearance couldn't hurt him. I wasn't exactly referring to his QVC appearance and I didn't mean for it to sound so dire.

Just an odd feeling I have.

Not sure why.

Hey, Clay was off his game probably because he was tired. Maybe that's what is affecting me too.

That's why I need to sleep on it. To digest it. To watch the clack, which HAS to sound better than the sound in the studio did. And to get the vision of the eyeliner - which I saw up VERY close - out of my mind!