#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Clayzedover said:

If Jaymes did this at her age, she must have wanted a child very badly.

Yes. This fact seems to be lost in all the other noise. Whoever the father is.....she DID have to want a baby pretty badly. Carrying a child for 9 months can be joyous and fulfilling but it's also alot of work. There are many things I couldn't do at 50 that were very easy for me to do at 20 or even 30. Your body is just not the same. Whatever, however, whoever....Jaymes is actually pretty brave to embark on motherhood at this stage of her life.

Not lost to me--it's exactly why I don't buy the suggestion that she is doing this just for him, like a vessel.

Most gay people look and act like everybody else probably because they ARE just like everybody else in all ways but maybe one or two....it's only the truly swishy ones that make it their focus to let other people know they're gay! And that's purposeful.

Amen! And there have been many tests of this. In addition to scientific tests, there was a short running TV show called "gay, straight, or taken" or something like that where women hung out with each man for a period of time before deciding, and I never saw one accurately identify the gay guy.

but also this would take a huge committment.........

You can't just count back 7 months and say Clay was busy doing this or that.

IF this is Clay's baby, they would have had to plan, the procedures alone would take preparation and time. At any given time in the past year and a half, Clay could have had sperm frozen anywhere in the US or Canada. The procedure may not have 'taken' the first time.

No, you can't just count back. But if he were all about having this baby, if she were doing it just for him, I would think he'd want to be around to be supportive during the pregnancy. It could be the timing just sucked and it couldn't be helped, that after however many months or years or trying, it just happened to work right before this hugely busy time in his life, and he felt like his career was too important to cut back just because his baby mama finally got pregnant, or it could be that he is, IIT, at most, a friend helping her out, and happy to take part in the child-raising process, but not the one who is the primary force behind it.

Wasn't Jaymes there for the whole recording process in NYC? Maybe they were living together then. No one actually dicovered where Clay was staying did they? Makes me wonder if Kipper or any of the others at the studio knew Jaymes was PG. (If she is!)

Totally OT, but I listen to one of the music channels on my TV cable service. They're playing "Blowin Kisses In The Wind" by Paula Abdul and it is HORRIBLE. She sounds like she's singing through her nose with a really high voice. It's really bad.

:cryingwlaughter:

Okay Play, I tried to add OMWH to the list for voting purposes. It will let me add it but when I try to drag it it won't take. What am I doing wrong?

when I dragged it, it looked like a red card meaning "Wild Card" - were you saying that Clay's picture didn't appear? There was no picture of Clay. After that, I just clicked submit.

Hmmmmm....it sounds to me as if Kate Hudson has taken lessons from the Clay Aiken School of Media Relations:

Kate on Lance: "Let People Sepculate" (from E! Online)

Kate's keeping mum on the rumored romance, telling Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM show today, "The No. 1 thing I’ve learned is to discuss those things only causes more problems.

"Everything's always misconstrued, so it's better to just let people speculate."

Yeah, but it has to be more than just us, like bring it to the CB and CV and all the little private boards that are around. I guess I should not have put a hot link there, we should probably cut and paste.

Playbiller if you pull together a list for me I can post it on FCA main page.

Ok, right after we get together and build a barn to put on our show! - actually, that is me mocking me for taking things so seriously. I will do it when I get back, it is cooler now, so we are going out for a while.

Iseeme, is that the same song she did one night on AI? It may have been a video, can't remember, but I thought she looked and sounded ridiculous. It was like she was trying to act like these 12 year olds that Clay was talking about being his "peers".

And I want to word almost all the posts on here today, but where were you guys this weekend when I had to work and was bored out of my mind?

And I have a question for playbiller. When did Tyra give an interview about Clay's sexuality? I remember Kelly commenting on it one time after they had toured, and I remember reading stuff from his friends pre-AI, but I hadn't seen any of the others comment. I'm interested in that because I'm one who hasn't seen anything to disprove what Clay had initially stated about not being gay, and I like reading about his friends defending him.

I also cannot imagine saying anything to either Clay or Clay's mom because I'd be lucky if anything at all came out of my mouth, but it certainly wouldn't be referencing his sexuality. I actually got close to his mom opening night, and even though she's been sweet with fans, I didn't feel right just going up to her. And with Clay, forget about it. I actually got front row at the stage door one night and all I could do was stare. When the others came out, I could say good job, etc. With Clay, nothing. Part of that though is that while I can compliment people on a great performance, how do I actually say everything that I want to say to him. He has brought so much into my life that I don't even know where to start. Maybe its that pedestal thing, but my pedestal isn't as apparently inflexible as others. From everything that he has presented to us, as well as the fact that there are a lot of people in his life who apparently think he is a great guy, warts and all, it shows to me that he is a man who can be respected. And I personally feel that my adoration of this man is well founded.

I think the one Pauler slaughtered on AI was her duet with Randy Jackson - this was a different song. Her voice was high and reedy and teeny-bopperie! Like something you'd hear from the Hannah Montana types. (don't know what Hannah sounds like but I meant that age group with that target audience!)

Suffice to say it didn't encourage me to run out and buy her CD....blechh!

cha cha, I never talked with Faye about Clay coming out of the closet. This is what I said.

I am okay with what I believe and I don't feel the need to be ashamed or worried what other fans think of me for it.. I have already expressed to his mother, a long time ago, that I love Clay and if he were gay it would make not one bit of difference to me. I don't judge people by that and I am here because I enjoy his talent, and I will always support him in some small way, the best I can.

This is not even in the same paragraph where I was expressing if Clay asked me for advice, of which he hasn't and won't.

Oh I believe that Jaymes also wants a baby. However, I still believe Clay asked her to do this for him, first. IMO She agreed because she would like to have a child too. Personaly I don't care how it went down because it is his business if he wants to do this. He doesn't owe me an explantaion and I haven't once said he should comment on it. If others have a problem with his religious beliefs or think he has misrepresented his morals that's their problem. I wish they would move on, if they can't deal, or he has hurt them beyond their tolerance level.

There are lots of gays that don't show their feminism, just as there are lots of them that do. Clay shows a tremendous amount of feminine qualities. He has stated so himself. If he didn't then there wouldn't be all this speculation from everyone except his die-hard internet fans. They (generally speaking) are the only ones who don't think he is. I don't make up all this perception.

Anyway, I'm moving on from this topic.

Thanks gibby for the explanation.

Listen to the words in this song..........

Falling Lyrics sung by Clay Aiken:

’Silence

Long lost friend

You’ve come to me again

Night comes closing in

And the loneliness within

I’m older

Should be wiser

Still I never seem to learn

I’m closer than ever

To the edge

[Chorus]

And I’m falling

I’m falling

From the world I used to know

Been trying to hold on

To something for so long

Now this never-ending dream won’t let go

I am falling...

Restless

I lie awake

And try to escape

[ Falling song text brought to you by LyricsYouLove ]

Memories that never sleep

A taste of bitter sweet

I’ll hold on to forever

Still I’m stuck in yesterday

I’m closer than ever

To the edge

[Chorus]

And I’m falling

I’m falling

From the world I used to know

Been trying to hold on

To something for so long

Now this never-ending dream won’t let go

I am falling...

Come back and wake me up again

I can’t face this world alone

Cause in my dream

I return and then

I’m falling, I’m falling’

The man is lonely. He wants to have love in his life. He keeps singing about lonely nights. How hard it is to remain true to himself and how he tries so hard. How he thinks of leaving it all and going back to the way it was. He keeps waiting for the story to end so he can have his dreams come true.

Wasn't Jaymes there for the whole recording process in NYC? Maybe they were living together then. No one actually dicovered where Clay was staying did they? Makes me wonder if Kipper or any of the others at the studio knew Jaymes was PG. (If she is!)

Who knows? Wouldn't affect my point, which is that he was crazy busy the whole time. I think you keep forgetting the "if this is something that Clay wanted from Jaymes and she is just a vessel" preface to what I'm saying. The tabloids (and a few posters) are painting a picture of a man desperate to have a child, unable to find anyone willing to carry that child but Jaymes, who is doing this as a favor to him. To me, this doesn't resonate with his work schedule from November through May, even if she were living with him. JMO and YMMV and all that.

Ummm...sheesh. To many things to comment on.

1. Die-hard internet fans are NOT the only ones who think Clay isn't gay! This is a pretty broad statement without evidence to back it up. It's presented as more than just an opinion.

2. WHY would a 29 year old ask a 50 year old woman to have a baby for him. Why would he be soooo desperate to have a baby that he would do that? It's not like he's going to be sterile in the next 20 years or so. So not sure where this thought came from. IIT I think there is ALOT more to it than Clay's desire to be a father. He could adopt VERY easily. VERY easily if he only wanted to be a father. I'm sorry but this is just one theory that doesn't fly for me. I can see it the other way around - Jaymes' clock is not only ticking slowly but almost ready to stop. She wants to be a mother. She looks around for someone with all the qualities she admires in a man and would love to have in her child. She has a best friend that just happens to fit that template.....etc.etc.

3. Showing feministic traits or not showing them doesn't mean diddly squat!!!! Unless, of course, you're looking for an excuse to put a label on someone.

4. Saying Clay is lonely because of the songs he sings is like saying he really soils his jeans in real life because of doing it in a part he played. He has said repeatedly that these songs are not necessarily about him but some people keep trying to make OMWH biographical!!! He loves good lyrics. All these songs have good lyrics (IMO) and he has quite easily interpreted them. He sells songs. We know that. He sells them very well. But I don't think that necessarily means they're about him.

I'm really curious as to why you're so adamant about him being gay! I mean it seems to be a recurring theme.

Bottle - bwaahaha!!!

This hose talk is giving me the giggles. :cryingwlaughter:

I've had a couple of dreams in which Clay is weilding a hose of one sort or another. Never that hose, though.

----

As for the rest of the converstation - I'm just done with it. Not thinking about it. Not wondering. Not waiting for any kind of announcement or explanation. Just being a Clay fan, listening to the music, supporting the CD, following the numbers. smling at pictures, and waiting for the day Clay steps back into the limelight. And...hoping that there's some exciting career news on the horizon.

:clap:

I don't think the song choice says as much about Clay's emotional state as it does about where "love songs" come from.

Poetry and lyrics, to me, have always skewed toward the "struggles of the heart", not the roses and security of love.

I think poets and lyricists write more about breaking hearts or questioning ones place in relationships. I just think that's the nature of the need to express.

There's a stronger drive to express when you are struggling than when everything is right.

*shrug*

JMO

I have always been a poet. Have always written more when grappling with life.

And I'd sure prefer reading or listening to the lyrics to OMWH than "Milkshake" or any of that claptrap.

Although I did love "I got a brand new pair of rollerskates, you got a brand new key"! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm confused... :blink:

So, should I scratch "Nice hose, dude!" off the list of appropriate things to scream at Clay when he's on-stage / in the bus line / at another stage door or not?

Screaming it at him? No. But you could text him....

So, should I scratch "Nice hose, dude!" off the list of appropriate things to scream at Clay when he's on-stage / in the bus line / at another stage door or not?

First, BWAH! :lol:

Second, you didn't get that memo either? :huh:

Let's see, bottle...I'm thinking maybe you could get away with it in the bus line, but I'd steer away from saying anything while he's on stage. You might affect the appearance/disappearance of said hose and then you'd have ME to answer to. B)

Although I did love "I got a brand new pair of rollerskates, you got a brand new key"!
Cotton! OMG...I used to have SUCH fun singing this song! :cryingwlaughter:

"it's exactly why I don't buy the suggestion that she is doing this just for him, like a vessel."

Oooh, you mean there was a boat??

Was it sort of like a dinner cruise?????????

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1:

"it's exactly why I don't buy the suggestion that she is doing this just for him, like a vessel."

Wait...so does this mean that, as King Arthur said, the hose is withIN us? And if anybody asks if somebody swallowed it?

:PickMe-1: :lipstick:

:cryingwlaughter: <- - I resemble that emotie today!

Wait...so does this mean that, as King Arthur said, the hose is withIN us? And if anybody asks if somebody swallowed it?

:PickMe-1: :lipstick:

Well, swallowing won't get you pregnant!

:cryingwlaughter: to all the above. You guys are on a roll.

And Iseeme, I agree with everything you said in your last post. Also agree with the Paula noise. Not pretty.

I am okay with what I believe and I don't feel the need to be ashamed or worried what other fans think of me for it.. I have already expressed to his mother, a long time ago, that I love Clay and if he were gay it would make not one bit of difference to me. I don't judge people by that and I am here because I enjoy his talent, and I will always support him in some small way, the best I can.

Clayzorback, I don't have an issue with what you believe, that would be kind of silly, your beliefs are what they are.

I think, by now, most people just don't feel any need to discuss this issue - and to me, none of your "proofs" mean much of anything at all. I guess if you start with the idea that he is gay, it is easy to view things through that filter. Same with the belief he is straight. I don't really care what any other fan believes, I do feel distaste for people asking him about it, putting notes in his pocket, demanding that his possible gayness be discussed. I also think it squicky and hilarious that some fans immediately ship him with any female he comes into contact with, or insist that any women around him MUST be lusting after him, it seems odd, really.

Remarks to Faye - for myself, expressing that you love Clay, to Faye, is one thing, expressing to Faye that you would love Clay even if he was gay is quite another. To me, yeah, of course you seem perfectly willing to say things to his face, that just seems rude and tasteless, not daring or honest or whatever. He has had many people ask or say things to his face on that subject - he finds it rude, I believe that is what he said.

Also just absolutely don't think he would ask a 50 year old woman who has never been able to conceive to have a baby for him. If he just wanted a "vessel" there are many other options, all of which are less dangerous to someone who he has said he loves.

Besides, vessel - boat - water - he wouldn't even GO there, I have been assured! :-)

Song lyrics? He did say that he knew people would try and apply them to him, but it was not really the case - I guess he is conveniently lying about that too?

A few years ago I found an article online somewhere about Lucinda Williams (I love her) - some of her fans were outraged to find out that a lot of her songs did not actually come from personal heartbreak and loss, they were just songs she wrote. Her manager said, hey, that is why she is called an artist, she makes you believe the lyrics. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Paul Simon said it was written for a friend who was distraught over her first grey hairs. But that he was happy that people read so much great message into the lyrics, that is what songs are for.

Not saying you are wrong, just saying what you think of as definitive clues just don't cut it for a lot of people. And a lot of people really don't care either way. You post that you will be piled on and argued with, I don't think that is happening, people just are kinda over the whole thing, at least they seem to be here at FCA.