#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

{{{Muski}}} I am so glad Carrie was found safe and sound. That's the most important thing. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You mean to tell me my Muppet song was the song of the day and I almost missed it?????????

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!! He MUST sing it in concert so we can all sway with our Bic lighters!!!!!! His voice is amazing on it and its just a feel good, uplifting song.

And his voice is amazing on it.

And I just LOVE it!!!!!!!!! Not really even sure why. I just do. A lot!!!

CG!! I'm glad you weighed in on IIEOOU! Hey, you're a lyrics person - how would you sum up the meaning of this song? I'd love to hear more from you about it.

this is a great harmony song! I can't listen to it without singing harmony. Apparently Clay had the same dilemma, because you can hear him singing a descant in the background on the last verse. I love it when Clay sings with himself!

Oh, is that what we're calling it now, Gibby? :sleezy::whistling-1:

Heeeee! I knew you'd pick up on that!

ETA: Thanks for sharing Andrew Johnston's youtube videos, Claytonic. I watched the audition awhile back, and thought it was amazing. I enjoyed seeing the other two, as well. Too bad he didn't win.

FromClaygary, the jewelry you made was fantastic. Didn't you also make those fabulous quilts? I'm envious of your talent.

I sure can relate to middle of the road music. My favorite singers have been Johnny Mathis, Bobby Darin and James Taylor. Not to mention my favoritist one now, Clay. Not exactly indie music but very feel good.

I have no idea what the name of today's song is other than the muppet song. Whatever happened to short song titles? Have they all been used already?

I like the muppet song but it doesn't stand out on the cd. I wasn't familiar with it before but I think it's very simple and sweet. Clay sings it real good.

Ooops...a squeal from upstairs---must mean the movie started. She's singing, Couchie, and now she's squealing again while stomping her feet in pure, unbridled teenaged lust over the cute guys. oy.

Sounds familiar if you ask me - squealing, stomping feet in pure unbridled middle-aged lust over the CUTE guy.... :whistling-1:

CG!! I'm glad you weighed in on IIEOOU! Hey, you're a lyrics person - how would you sum up the meaning of this song? I'd love to hear more from you about it.

Well, I think it speaks to learning one HUGE lesson - that we can either sleepwalk through life or open our eyes and realize that each of us can make a difference, in the world or in the lives of others - and by doing so we make a difference in ourselves. Its sort of the ultimate lesson in life.

At least that's what I get from the lyrics.

Posted by iadoreclay at CV:

I just bought Clay's music pass tonight at Target in Indiana and Walmart doesn't have any music passes of anyone. I didn't think this was suppose to come out till Tuesday but it's out.

The bonuses are:

Invisible video

The Way video

A Thousand Days video

Digital booklet

No new song.

I had never realized how much fun youtube can be! Usually when someone posts a link, I watch the one video and then back right out again. But with everyone posting links to favorite songs and whatnot, I started exploring some of my (other) favorite singers a bit more, and I am amazed that you can find so much old stuff on there- stuff that I liked back when I was a teen. My Eric Carmen wanderings took me back to some of his stuff when he sang lead for the Raspberries- a GREAT early 70's band! Loved them!

Thanks to everyone for all of the recommendations and reminiscences!

And I forgot to add earlier- those orange shirt pictures of Clay? YUMMMMMMMMMMMMY :hubbahubba:

Okay. I just went to the Youtube of Paul Potts. Had not seen that.

So - is there any question now of any show SC is involved with it scripted?

I had no idea that the Neil Boyd audition was a recreation of a BGT event.

Wow!

ETA:

Even to where they stopped the song and the audience gave the standing O.

And yeah, the regular guy working a regular job.

Uh. College student? Turning in "a performance like that?"

Hmm. Did that ever happen before???

Grr. That's why I hate that I love watching some of these SYTYCD,etc., cuz Simon's got his hand in the pot$ in so many of these!

I didn't see the Boyd audition--am surprised that they even used the same words. Sheesh!

From MOAM- Run To ME. My favorite live version- in Syracuse- my cousin, friend and friend's husband were all there together. At the end of the first chorus, Clay was looking over in our direction, and the reaction was PHYSICAL! Thank God it was the last song of the first half of the concert, because when it ended, the three of us went down like dominoes, while our friend's hubby was left wondering WTH was wrong with us! Unfortunately, the video that does exist from this venue is not great.

From ATDW- Lover All Alone- I remember downloading the CD at midnight, and going straight to this song first to hear it- playing it over...and over... and over- and literally sobbing. It still tears my heart out, and the lyrics fascinate me. My favorite version- Canandaigua. It was raining, and the gentle sound of the rain hitting the roof of the venue, and the absolute stillness of the audience, in rapt attention, was stunning. Again, unfortunately, the downloads don't do it justice.

I was there--it was unforgettable.

I was in Syracuse too, but not close to the front, and although I remember that it was rare for him to do RTM back then, I can't remember much about that performance now.

Ooh! Ooh!

Lyrics!

May I?

I don't see why not.

From moonhead at the CH:

"On My Way Here" - 06/19/08

The 7 day period ending 06/19/08 saw 121 Mainstream AC spins for "On My Way Here". "On My Way Here" is currently #26 on the Mainstream AC Chart with 121 spins. It is #17 on the Mainstream AC Jump chart with +22 spins and 24 stations playing. It is #8 on the Mainstream AC Taking Off chart with 1 new station playing 11 new spins. There is one station returning to Format Starter status, KKMY (Beaumont).

Quickcut Spins

W/E-------AC----Hot AC----Alt----Total----Total +/- ---Aud Imp.

06/18/08---125-------0-------0------125-------2--------0.252

* beginning on 06/02/08 you will see a discrepancy in spins between the Quickcut Spins in the above chart and the weekly spins in the Mainstream AC chart below. This is because the Quickcut spins above are based on the full panel of Mainstream AC Mediabase stations whereas the Mainstream AC chart below is based on a smaller panel of Mainstream AC Mediabase stations. There is a new Format Starter, WLNP (Wilkes-Barre), that is not part of the smaller AC panel of stations so it's spins will only be reflected in the Quickcut spins above but not the AC chart below.

Mainstream AC Chart:

Rank LW---Rank TW---Artist-----------------Title---------------Spins TW--Spins LW-- Move--Aud./Mill.

27-------26----CLAY AIKEN--"On My Way Here"------121---------100-----------21--------0.253

Mainstream AC Jump chart:

Rank---------Artist-------------------------Title-----------------Move-----Stations Playing

17----Clay Aiken------------------"On My Way Here"-----------------+22------------------24

Mainstream AC Taking Off chart:

Rank---------Artist-------------------------Title-----------------New Stations-----New Spins

8-----------Clay Aiken------------------"On My Way Here"-------------------1--------------------11

Mainstream AC Format Starters: *green denotes new

Station---Market--Format--TW---LW---Diff.---ovn--am--mid--pm--eve--aud/mill

WCDV-FM Baton Rouge AC 11 0 11 3 2 2 1 3 0.018

Mainstream AC Format Leaders: *green denotes new

Station---Market--Format--TW---LW---Diff.---ovn--am--mid--pm--eve--aud/mill

WCDV-FM Baton Rouge AC 11 0 11 3 2 2 1 3 0.018

KMGA-FM Albuquerque AC 11 5 6 8 0 0 0 3 0.007

KUMU-FM Honolulu AC 10 10 0 8 0 1 1 0 0.019

WRAL-FM Raleigh AC 8 9 -1 4 0 3 1 0 0.044

KBEZ-FM Tulsa AC 7 5 2 6 0 1 0 0 0.013

KKMY-FM Beaumont, TX AC 7 5 2 6 1 0 0 0 0.005

WHLG-FM Ft. Pierce, FL AC 7 6 1 3 0 1 0 3 0.004

OMWH is really hanging in there. I think this is a wee bit farther than either WY or ATD got in spins per week. The highest number of spins I see for WY is 119. I see it reached #24 though, so we aren't quite there yet. Still, it's a steady rising right now. I think it can, I think it can, I think it can.

Well, I think it speaks to learning one HUGE lesson - that we can either sleepwalk through life or open our eyes and realize that each of us can make a difference, in the world or in the lives of others - and by doing so we make a difference in ourselves. Its sort of the ultimate lesson in life.

At least that's what I get from the lyrics.

I knew you could sum it up. I really like your interpretation! Wow, that IS the ultimate lesson in life, isn't it?

Go for it, Cotton!

Well, it's a bit of

Find Your Grail

and

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

isn't it?

Not everything that happens to us is in our power.

But how we deal with it is.

The singer, to me, says . . .

Wow! If only I'd realized before - that it's up to ME!

To take LIFE and LIVE IT!

Being Wise - is not being smart, or intelligent - it's spending your life wisely! You're HERE! Take it all in!

This wonderful world we live in!

Yes, life has some bad moments.

But -

We can know everything - we can know what's important, Love, the People around us, the Amazing things our bodies can do - dance (I hope you Dance!), sing, breathe, bend, heal!

Without ever knowing Why!

Well, that's the one that's hard for me. I'm a WHY person.

And if you have FAITH, you don't always need to know WHY!

(I'm not saying I grasp this. I think I'm saying maybe I wish I did! I have spent too much of my life trying to figure out WHY that boss was mean to me, or WHY I didn't get that job, etc, instead of must moving on and Living the next chapter and forgetting/forgiving the person I feel wronged me.)

A cast of Thousands!

There are so many people who are invisible to us. Especially in the US. We spend so much time watching celebrities. What about the grandma down the street. Or the Children of Uganda. Or the shy quiet person in the office who might be really interesting if we gave them more than a cursory good morning each day.

It's in Every One of Us to learn about life - and maybe we will by and by. Eventually. As we grow spiritually. Not Religiously. Spiritually.

(Actually Clay has helped me there a little. I'm much less standoffish of people with special needs than I was pre-Clay. I learned to not be so afraid of doing/saying the wrong thing and just accept. I'm still not there. )

I'm not aware as I can be

But my seeing's better

And By and By - reminds me of The Sweet By and By!

This is so pretty!

And our spirits shall sorrow no more in the Sweet By and By.

ETA:

See?

Claygasm said so much more succinctly!

Nobody ever accused me of being succinct!

:cryingwlaughter:

EATA:

Here is another version, more rousing , less pretty - with MERYL STREEP and Prairie Home Companion -

And another by Bird Youmans

OMWH is really hanging in there. I think this is a wee bit farther than either WY or ATD got in spins per week. The highest number of spins I see for WY is 119. I see it reached #24 though, so we aren't quite there yet. Still, it's a steady rising right now. I think it can, I think it can, I think it can.

I thought WY peaked at #30, and only held that spot for one day. 1000 Days had a few days at #30, but I don't think either song broke into the 20's.

OMWH is chugging along. I think it can, too.

I think it can I think it can I think it can !

Youtube can be the spawn of the devil, but it can also be full of fun!

I'm sitting here toe-tapping to bird Youmans. Who the heck is Bird Youmans? I'd have never heard this if we hadn't been talking about Clay music!!

How crazy is that?!

Beautiful Star of Bethlehem, indeed!

ETA:

Oh my goodness!

I was thinking about Daddy and Uncle Horace and Red River Valley and found

lovely dulcimer/harmonica version!

I usually think of this as a vocal - but this is very good old time - think Clay's way-back NC mountain relatives who are in the Library of Congress - spare, pared down traditional music. This particular one is from Louisiana, not NC, but I'll forgive 'em that!

Perma you might like the photography in this one.

Oops!

Forgot to tell you which one!

ETA: Thanks for sharing Andrew Johnston's youtube videos, Claytonic. I watched the audition awhile back, and thought it was amazing. I enjoyed seeing the other two, as well. Too bad he didn't win.

Gibby, so glad you like it!

BTW I posted the wrong link for the final, well, not the wrong one but this is the better one, it gives a better intro and judges' comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es-43w8pAek...feature=related

Welp, just came from my neices first dance production... Not an ounce of stage fright for a five year old dancing before 500 people for the first time. It was some sort of Wizard of Oz/The Wiz combination and she just had 2 big dances.. she was part of the cowardly lion possee and then part of the big closing number. She did great and she really enjoyed it. So I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot of these over the next something something years. I think she really likes the dressing up and dancing LOL.

I absolutely love orange shirt JBT Clay. That's so his color. I loved that no fuss no muss hair. I just loved that tour..3 hours of Clay singing, shooting the breeze and making funny. I love to watch his mind work and those stump the bands were just pure genius. Can't wait for the next tour. I miss touring Clay..I know it's only been 6 months so I'll be patient.

Good night FCA!

:fca:

I just made the mistake of turing the tv to the last few minutes of Jimmy Kimmel.

He introduced L'il Wayne and I started hearing that lollipop - um - song.

:o

I heard the first few words, and, unfortunately, saw a little of the choreography before I could click out of there!

ETA:

G'Night, Y'all!

What is it with this board? Almost every time I change the page or hit the add post button, it logs me out! Usually, it keeps me logged in for days!!! (copying this post before I hit the add reply button!)

Some people have had this problem for awhile. I have a friend who can't post at all because every time she hits post she gets logged out. Are you on the same computer, same internet connection, same everything, and this just started happening? Information like that might help the board TPTB figure out what the problem is.

Yep - this is the same computer, same everything. But one thing I did a couple days ago, was I installed one of those programs that cleans up your register. When I did the trial scan it said I had 1100 errors. So I bought the damn thing. I am wondering if that has had anything to do with it. I wanted to check my cookies enabler, but I don't know where it is!!

muski!! TG you found your daughter!! That is so scary when stuff like that happens, no matter what age they are!

perma - thanks for the Aretha link. I had never heard that, I'm not an opera fan so probably wouldn't have paid a lot of attention to it before. It was GREAT!!

I copied the link over to the youtube links thread. (Even tho I keep getting logged out every time I hit the Add Reply button!! ARGGGHHH!)

Claytonic, the mind boggles at cases like the one in Bris with the twins. How can someone not have any concerns about those parents abilities or mental health or sobriety? There is help out there, the community health nurses are free and a godsend and full of info re: extra help etc. I have found myself thinking about those kids quite a bit the last few days....

This brought to mind a book a read many years ago.

Death in White Bear Lake by Siegal.

Any of you ever read this? Chilling.

I just did a search on Death in White Bear Lake ..... how unbelievable that they were allowed to adopt MORE children!!

In the case of the 18 month old twins in Brisbane, they were the youngest in a biological family of 6 kids and 2 parents. I don't care how mentally ill the mother was, she was able to get herself out of bed each day and go out to buy food to feed herself. Presumably. the other kids were old enough to find food for themselves (which apparently included asking the neighbors for food). The grandmother is evidently now caring for the remaining 4 kids while the parents are locked up for murder and torture. Where was this grandmother for the last 6 months? The mind boggles.

I think it is a sad, SAD reflection on society where people either don't care enough about the welfare of others, or do care and are too afraid to interfere. For me, it's almost as unbelievable as the story about that Austrian* man who locked his daughter in a basement for 24 years and fathered her 7 kids.

* Please note, AUSTRIAN is not Australia - believe it or not, there are tons of people that don't know the difference.

I have always heard RUN TO ME as a song about a man falling in love with a woman in or recovering from an abusive relationship. I may be alone in that. I have loved it from the first snippet. Remember those 5 snippets?!

I never got the snippets, because I didn't get involved online until after MOAM was released, but I do agree with you that I have always thought RTM was about that very same theme. I always loved it too, and wished he hadn't taken it out of the concert list!

I also got goose bumps in Charlotte when he came down those stairs (right near me!) singing "Kyrie"!! Good times!!

I just converted Aretha's Nessun Dorma to a wmv. The youtube wasn't great quality, so the wmv isn't great, but it's not bad.

I am wondering how to do that? I can download it, but it's a flash video. Can you convert those? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It's so, so tragic that the Brisbane twins were allowed to starve to death. How absolutely horrible!

One of my jobs at the hospital is to report child abuse and neglect. Some people ask how I stand it. It's a whole lot better than the alternative, which is to let the kids suffer and possibly die.

Okay, here's something a bit more uplifting. Earlier people were posting delectable pictures of orange shirt Clay. Yup, he looked fantastic in it! But he also looked mighty delicious in this black leather jacket, too. The pants aren't bad, either!

074.jpg

ac2-10.jpg

toolthumbs.jpg

clay100605-7.jpg

clay100405-8.jpg

Thanks for the link Perma. Amazing. And that's coming from someone who is not a fan of Aretha... weird for such a big soul lover like myself. I just don't like her voice. But I thought she was brilliant there.

Ahhhh JBT picts..thanks Gibby! What a way to end the day.

I just converted Aretha's Nessun Dorma to a wmv. The youtube wasn't great quality, so the wmv isn't great, but it's not bad.

I am wondering how to do that? I can download it, but it's a flash video. Can you convert those? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

chach - I've used a couple of different programs to convert from flv. The creators of the free conversion programs don't seem to keep them current, so they stop working after awhile, and then I have to find a new program.

Anyway, the program I'm using right now to download and convert from flv is Media Converter. I've only tried it with youtube, and it seems to be working fine for that purpose. You download the youtube clip to the website, tell the website what format you want, and then download the converted clip to your computer.

chacha, only JUST got your PM ... it's Saturday afternoon here and I've been outside most of the time, only checking the PC now and then as I was waiting for an email to arrive.

Anyway, I don't know why that link didn't work, the same thing happened when I posted that Ken Lee link the first time... even though I tested it.

I've updated the link you were trying to access. Sorry I got you so intrigued.. a friend sent me that link. It's mainly just for a hoot:

ETA

and now for something completely different...

chacha, only JUST got your PM ... it's Saturday afternoon here and I've been outside most of the time, only checking the PC now and then as I was waiting for an email to arrive.

Anyway, I don't know why that link didn't work, the same thing happened when I posted that Ken Lee link the first time... even though I tested it.

I've updated the link you were trying to access. Sorry I got you so intrigued.. a friend sent me that link. It's mainly just for a hoot:

ETA

and now for something completely different...

Best song in the world worst rendition!!! Thanks for the laugh!!

btw - I only sent the pm 30 minutes ago!!

Thanks for the link Perma. Amazing. And that's coming from someone who is not a fan of Aretha... weird for such a big soul lover like myself. I just don't like her voice. But I thought she was brilliant there.

Although I am a fan (albeit not huge) of Aretha, I liked (not loved) it enough to send to a friend of mine in Oz who sends me anything she comes across about Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson as we both lurve those two. Anyway, I warned her that it wasn't the standard of Paul Potts BUT thought she'd at least find it interesting but to my astonishment, she replied she couldn't even watch it right through; she felt Aretha's accent was all wrong!! As far as I know, she's not an opera purist. Maybe it was the quality of that YT vid but I wasn't expecting such a response from her.

Speaking of JHud, have you seen this:

On The Set Of Jennifer Hudson's New Music Video

http://www.news4jax.com/entertainmenttonig...218/detail.html

(Her video at the bottom)

This is for KAndre ...

This 14 year old won Britain's Got Talent 2008 as a dancer.

What do you think? One of the comments posted at YT "There are about a million black guys and kids in the US that can dance better than this him. Did he win cause hes white and girls think hes 'cute'?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-gk7Cid_cM&

Personally I prefer the runners-up

or Andrew Johnston who came 3rd.