#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

How do we know Jaymes had a c-section...neither Faye nor Clay mentioned it...or is it just an assumption because of her age.

Kim

For me, it's mostly the time of the birth. It's not likely that the baby was born at 8:08 on 08/08/08 without being planned. Timing a vaginal delivery for that time would be difficult.

I don't think we do know for sure, but based on the birth time and her age, I think it was a c-section.

ETA: I'm glad some of you liked my post whoring today. I just switched from full-time to part-time, so I actually had some time to post today. It usually takes me all evening to catch up and I don't have time to post.

Nice to see those amazon numbers. Hope the whole world goes out and buys his music while we are all celebrating.

What time did Clay blog this morning? If the baby was born at 8:08 and it was only an hour or two later, he was probably thinking of us right from the hospital room! How sweet is that!!

I bet he hasn't left the room all day.

I am loving this for him - it is just so nice.

How do we know Jaymes had a c-section...neither Faye nor Clay mentioned it...or is it just an assumption because of her age.

Kim

Yes, I'm wondering this too. I see it being stated as fact but I dunno. Would be considered prudent because of Jaymes' age and so to not cause any undue risk to the baby? Obviously I was much younger when I had my son and C-section wasn't on my radar unless there would have been a problem during labor/delivery so I don't know how it really works... I'm curious.

Kim

As far as I know no one is saying that...just relating stories about our experiences. Someone just mentioned their C section and I responded.

We do not know how she gave birth. If they are worried about complications...there is a higher probability for a C section. I think the discussion just evolved from wondering if Clay changed dirty diaper yet.

Nice to see those amazon numbers. Hope the whole world goes out and buys his music while we are all celebrating.

What time did Clay blog this morning? If the baby was born at 8:08 and it was only an hour or two later, he was probably thinking of us right from the hospital room! How sweet is that!!

I bet he hasn't left the room all day.

I am loving this for him - it is just so nice.

I've been reading the congratulations/blog thread over at OFC and it looks like he blogged about 10:45 eastern time. So, just over two hours after the birth.

I'm just not seeing ANY doctor planning to do a C-section to correspond with a particular "good luck" time. I sure wouldn't trust a doctor that would do something so irresponsible. I don't think that just being 50 means a woman can't have a vaginal delivery

I'm just not seeing ANY doctor planning to do a C-section to correspond with a particular "good luck" time. I sure wouldn't trust a doctor that would do something so irresponsible. I don't think that just being 50 means a woman can't have a vaginal delivery

This happens all the time. Brittney Spears picked when she wanted her kids born. She was afraid to go through labor, so she had a planned c-section before her due date (or so I heard). Many women and doctors plan deliveries based on their schedules. They give you a time frame in which it is safe to deliver the baby and you pick the date and schedule the OR.

I thought I read somewhere earlier that she had a C-section. Doesn't matter though, either way I bet Clay has changed a diaper. I bet he is eager to participate in anyway he can. I think he will be a very involved parent and I am so happy for him and Jaymes. He must be on Cloud 9 today.

A poster at the CH mentioned that the time would be related to when the cord was cut...I never heard of a baby's birth time based on when the cord was cut...but I guess if that is true they could have waited until 8:08, cut the cord and then recorded his birth.

Kim

Well if its C section I can see the date being planned cos I was given a choice of dates for my second and third baby, (the first was emergency C section)..within a certain time frame of course. But the timing...that was just luck. They certainly couldn't have planned to have the baby that exact time.

eta: I agree.

Even if the delivery were c-section and planned, I doubt they would pick the exact minute and second to birth the child. jmo.

I also see no reason why Jaymes could not have delivered this child naturally. Many, many women deliver naturally at her age. Her Doctor would know what kind of physical shape she is in. Maybe she goes to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and is in excellent shape.

I just don't think she would chance having a c-section unless it were absolutely necessary.

Also, someone who wants a baby as badly as she appears to have wanted one, may really want the experience of a normal, vaginal birth if possible. I would.

Regardless, all appears to be well and I am just thrilled for them. We may never see Clay again! :cryingwlaughter:

eta: thank you thankful4clay for telling me the blog time. Yup, I am betting he was still with baby and has been there all this time. How sweet of him to tell us so quickly.

Unless Clay and Jaymes show up on an episode of A Baby Story (can you imagine!), I guess we will never know! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

This happens all the time. Brittney Spears picked when she wanted her kids born. She was afraid to go through labor, so she had a planned c-section before her due date (or so I heard). Many women and doctors plan deliveries based on their schedules. They give you a time frame in which it is safe to deliver the baby and you pick the date and schedule the OR.

Oh a lot of doctors are used to requests like those. Check out the birth rate in Hong Kong today compared to yesterday. If it's going to be a scheduled CS anyway, there's nothing wrong with picking a good date -- it's a gift of choice.

My mom was an ob-gyn in a Catholic Asian country and in August, she was always busy on the 8th and the 15th (The Feast of the Assumption of Mother Mary).

Well yes...they could've planned the baby for 7:30 or 8... but there are several factors to consider when you have the baby. My two scheduled C section were scheduled the same time but the actual birth time was still different cos there are factors to consider like the anesthesia...and just how fast or slow the procedure would be based on the condition of the mother and the baby.

hmmm not sure when they timed my babies birth...all I know is they told us the time. If its the cutting of the cord I don;t think they would wait too long to do it. It would still have to be pretty close so 8:08.

Do you remember Permaswoon's post about InVitro, and . it seems to me,she said that most babies concieved this way are born by C-section. That for this type of High Risk Pregnancy, there was less risk with a C-section.

I work in s Hospital and I don't think any OB/GYN would have a problem scheduling a specific time for a planned C-Section. If it wasn't planned to do one, that is a different story. I would imagine it would be difficult to get it down to exactly 8:08...so if it occurred that way they got lucky.

Oh a lot of doctors are used to requests like those. Check out the birth rate in Hong Kong today compared to yesterday. If it's going to be a scheduled CS anyway, there's nothing wrong with picking a good date -- it's a gift of choice.

My mom was an ob-gyn in a Catholic Asian country and in August, she was always busy on the 8th and the 15th (The Feast of the Assumption of Mother Mary).

yeah my mom scheduled my birth to coincide with a holiday. Unfortunately after I was born they stopped making it a non working holiday..hee

Unless Clay and Jaymes show up on an episode of A Baby Story (can you imagine!), I guess we will never know! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

oh I bet this birth will be a topic of discussion the next time he appears on a talk show. I am looking forward to hearing some funny baby stories.

I would bet someone like Jimmy would ask him about this date.

I was born (C-section) on Daddy's birthday - doc asked Mama when she wanted to have the baby - Daddy's bday was "in the window", so she picked that day.

I'm sure she had nothing to do with the time - probably doc and OR decision.

I can't see them "aiming" for that time.

But - I don't know nuttin!

There could be some other reason for the date choice. But I feel sure the choice was between Mama, Daddy and DOC!

I was also thinking - now with hindsight - any of those folks who were griping about Clay not being included in some kind of Olympic music thingy - well, he might have been offered and declined cuz he knew he'd be a busy around this time! :)

I don't even remember what it was.

I hope they are all resting well about now. Especially Jaymes!!!

If it was a c-section; today's date makes perfect sense...having the baby on the first day of The Olympics guarantees a minimum of coverage...the baby news was on all the entertainment shows today but with the Olympics starting...there will be wall to wall coverage on all news outlets and the baby news will be a non-issue. I think Clay had this all planned out perfectly from giving Linda the scoop from his Mother, to the blog and the date...makes for as little fuss as possible and Clay and Jaymes get all the privacy they need.

Kim

I bet Clay had the blog written - with the exception of a few blanks that had to be filled in today.

Or maybe not! *g* Since he doesn't like to tempt Fate!

I'm headed to bed, y'all!

Have a good night!

Thank goodness for a healthy baby and healthy Mama!!!

:nightienight:

I remember Perma talking about it probably being a C-section too, I guess I just didn't take that to mean it would necessarily have to happen that way. Best laid plans and all that jazz. And I totally get the picking the date for a C-section - I know others who have had them and yes, the day was planned. And I understand the hour - surgeries have times assigned, so I get that. You gotta start somewhere or when do you show up at the hospital... It's the 8:08 that's escaping me... I guess I just see that as being lucky... causing him to say "wow"... cuz if it's planned down to the minute, not so wow to me... :8:

I was very pleased, like many others, that they got the announcement out their own way, scooping everyone and it appears for the most part that the news outlets are treating this respectfully. :yess: