#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Time out for one tiny poor.me.whine. I took my DH to the airport this morning. I helped him drag his duffels that held his clothes, a combat helmet, a flak jacket and a kevlar vest. Also his dental records. He's going to be on the other side of the world where bad things happen to Americans, and I won't see him again until November, at the earliest. So I was feeling kinda sad this morning.

Until I heard the big news!! I wish every joy to Clay and Jaymes, and little Parker. What a wonderful blessing for all of them.

I believe that all babies are miracles, but some births are a bit more miraculous than others. I know that Clay believes in Divine Providence, but in this case he must also believe that God helps those who help themselves. I am so thrilled that something they both obviously wanted very badly has had such a wonderful outcome.

You know, life takes some pretty unexpected twists and turns sometimes. Five years ago neither my husband nor I would have pictured him working in such a hostile environment and spending such long periods away from home. But life doesn't always go the way we plan.

Five years ago Clay probably did not envision that he would become a father in quite this way. But I am very happy for him that he was able to make that dream come true with someone so incredibly dear to him. Because he refused to comment when the news was leaked, I felt pretty sure that it was true. But I figured that he wasn't going to comment even if they held a gun to his head until that baby was safely born. Tempting fate indeed. I think having Faye call Linda Loveland was the perfect media contact. I think that Clay's blog was timely and perfect.

1. "My son was born today and these are the particulars"

2. "I couldn't say anything until the baby was safely born"

3. "I am the father of this baby, and I am proud and pleased to claim him."

4. "We are a family and all of our extended families are delighted today"

5. "I am not going to shut you all out from this wonderful part of my life".

It has quite a bit of a take-it-or-leave-it tone to it.....but done very nicely. He invited all the fans to share in his joy and excitement. If anyone didn't want to....their choice. But it was clear that he didn't plan to go into the why's and wherefore's. Good for him.

Perma-Here's hoping that hubby comes home soon!

And congrats to Jaymes and Clay!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful accomplishment for the two of them!!!!!!!!

{{{Perma}}}

and btw WORD to your post :F_05BL17blowkiss:

{{{{{{{{{{perma+hubby}}}}}}}}}}} God Speed to your hubby, give you strength to endure, and may the PTB keep him safe. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I agree with the posts saying that it isn't the disagreements that are so hard to take, it is the insult nature of them and outright rudeness. What seems to be forgotten is that many of us or our family members live lifestyles today very different from those expected in the 1950s. This is especially true of our children and their friends. It is a different world. I actually personally live a very conservative life but know many people who live differently today. I could tell you many stories about people with whom my husband or I worked, friends of my kids, and so on.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one seeing a new society and one that is quite different from when I was young, although I now believe there were things hidden in that old society. I have to say the few extremist posts I have seen don't insult only Clay but many fans as well.

I am so very not overly maternal - I'm vaguely happy for Clay and Jaymes - but have sort of lost interest. I really don't remember being that ecstatic when my son was born - mostly grateful that labor was over and he seemed to be fine...

Anyone being nasty about it is an ass though.

Hi all,

Back from the shower...I was a little apprehsensive about it because I was planning it with the groom's mother whom I had only met once and I wasn't sure what she had in mind. She had asked me to be there by 12:00 to set everything up; which I was...my husband's family was also there which I didn't expect...I told them we were doing set-up at 12:00 and the shower would start at 1:00 but for some reason they decided to come in early. They had a two hour drive and perhaps misjudged the time.

After we got them settled; I saw my apprehension was a bit justified. Diane (groom's mother) and her daughters began setting things up and I began to feel like an intruder...I had brought centerpieces for the tables, but she also brought flowers and had her's on the table before I had mine out of the bag...when I showed her what I brought; she just looked at them and said "I brought flowers". I said, well we can have both on the tables...they weren't big centerpieces and since I had spent time making them, I thought well, they are going to be used. I brought my punchbowl; they brought a punch fountain, so we ended up using my bowl to mix the punch in, and then poured it into the fountain.

So it went; them setting things up the way they wanted and me standing around like I was in the way. I guess I should have been more assertive as to what I wanted and how I wanted it, but that can be hard for me...especially with people I don't know well. There were just things I would have done differently if I had been doing it on my own. I just felt like as mother of the groom, she took over a lot of things that should have been mother of the bride territory.

Anyway, the food was very good and everyone enjoyed it. After we ate we played some shower games which went over well, except that I forgot to bring the answers for the bridal shower word scrabble game...don't know how I forgot that! That was good for a few laughs.

Emily and Mike received many wonderful gifts, a few duplicates and we had fun playing a bing game while they opened presents...you get a bingo card and fill in the squares with what you thought they got and when you get a bingo you get a prize.

I should have gotten a bigger cake as there was just enough for everyone, but it was very good.

So it was a good day, with some not so good moments and a learning experience...with three other daughters, I now know how I will approach future showers. I am just tired and glad it is over and wish I had stuck to my original idea of having a shower for just my family...I think smaller and intimate works better for me.

So 6 weeks from today is the wedding.

Kim

(((aikim)))

hope as you get to know the grooms family that things will get better for the wedding. But you are right...as the brides mom you should have a bigger role but it seems like this was not just a bridal shower but a shower for the couple.

Ivy...word...the world is such a different place right now. People should be more open minded specially when the situation really does not affect them.

Playbiller said:

O/T Heh, I just cruelly confused my dog. She was barking her head off for a while now, walked over and was barking in my ear, so I grabbed her head made her look at me and barked my head off for a minute, now she is wandering around, barking under her breath, unenthusiastically.

This cracked me up PLay! :lmaosmiley-1:

It reminded me of the time my SIL and I were taking 4yo nephew out in my car and he was throwing a massive tantrum in the back seat about not renting a new video ( he hadn't watched the ones he already had). SIL and I just looked at each other and both launched into our own screaming match. " I wanted a groooown uuups video!!!!" "I want peeeaaace aaaand quiet!!!" He just stopped and looked at us ,shocked and quiet. We still laugh about this 14 yrs later!

{{{Kim}}} It sounds like you have the right attitude, not making a fuss. And you will be an old hand when your other daughters get married. Maybe make sure bridal shower is held on your home turf?

Kim, the difference in you and me is that I'm such a lazy ass about things like showers that I would have been overjoyed that the co-hostess was controlling. I know I'm a sad case ... :3: but I'd be more than happy to kick back and be the Queen Bee Mother of the Bride and enjoy not doing the work.

:thsmilies-6728:

Age is putting things in perspective for me.

:thusedtocare:

and

:Iluvclaysbutt:

benihana.jpg

08GR.jpg

IMG_1568_EFN.jpg

54a3-2.jpg

115765602-M.jpg

Isn't he just the Bee's Knees!

Thanks everyone for the hugs; it really wasn't that bad of a day; just not what I envisioned for my first daughters wedding shower...but it really wasn't about me; it was about Emily and she had a great time. I remember my wedding and how controlling my mother was and I made a promise to myself that I would not be that way and I did not want to put Emily in the middle of an arguement between her MIL and myself; which is why I agreed to the joint shower. Some times you have to pick your battles and this was just one day.

Kim

I truly appreciate those among us who are high-minded and trying to understand those who are disappointed in Clay or think children should only be conceived the old-fashioned way by two married people (of opposite sexes).

I, however, admit only to thinking, "GOODBYE YOU BITCHES AND GOOD RIDDANCE!!!"

So shoot me.

Aikim, you are such a cool lady. :thbighug-1: I just wanted you to know that. This wedding is your daughter's and I think you were wonderful to back off and not make a fuss. Maybe the groom's mother doesn't have any daughters..or maybe she's just a control freak...but whatever, you were right not make a fuss and let her run the show, if it was that important to her. Now, the question is...is she paying for the wedding?? By the time you get to the last daughter's wedding you'll be an old hand at this...and you'll just naturally let the groom's mother do all the work. :hysterical:

I truly appreciate those among us who are high-minded and trying to understand those who are disappointed in Clay or think children should only be conceived the old-fashioned way by two married people (of opposite sexes).

So shoot me.

I guess they're going to have to shoot me too. I've always been a live-and-let-live person. I'm just over-the-moon happy for the man and his lady (whether friend or lover) and their beautiful "little man". I will never understand anyone who has a problem with that. It's HIS life, damnit!! If you don't like it, tough shit!!

Eeeep! I am caught up to the end of page 31 and I feel like I better just give in and post. May never catch up! :cryingwlaughter:

So, there I was, sitting in a shady spot, listening to my iPod and reading a good book, when I get this text out of the blue that says something like "Baby boy! Parker Foster Aiken!". And I was like "WTF?". I think maybe I went into shock or something, because I saw it, put it down and kept reading my book. A few minutes later I sat up and realized that maybe it hadn't been a daydream, and checked my phone again. OMG! So I texted back to ask if it was a joke. I figured someone here (you know who you are!) was pulling my leg. Then I got serious and called cindilu2, who was just walking in the door and logging on. She read me the blog over the phone and we both EEEEEEEEd and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEd and were completely giddy and blown away all at once. What amazing news! And how awesome that he blogged it to us. I just knew he would, I just knew he'd be such a proud papa that he wouldn't be able to keep it in for a minute! I wonder if he blogged from his iPhone? I just love him. I am so thrilled for both he and Jaymes. :wub:

IT!!!!!!

Yay!!!!!!!! I am so happy that I will never, ever have to type IIT again! :lmaosmiley-1:

What a blessing (hee - there are at least a couple people who will understand that choice of word from me) little Parker is. He will be loved.

Hee, I was floored with the choice of name. It's absolutely perfect. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I find that I don't much care about knowing their relationship. I know what I need to; that they are extremely close. Everything they are doing now can be explained away as being for the baby - and it's something they have worked out way in advance. I hope they have thought of every angle and I wish them the best. Traditional families ..how common are those anymore anyway.

Hear hear. I guess now that is where the focus is going to be......but you are so right, traditional families are not the be all and end all. What people do behind closed doors is no one else's business anyways. I just know that the baby will be raised in a loving household, and that is all that matters, to me.

Everytime I read where Clay wrote that the baby is loud "like his daddy," I just about break my face smiling. His referring to himself as "daddy" clutches at my heart.

Me too!

Mo Rocca announces the news :cryingwlaughter:

This was freaking hysterical!

I don't think it matters if Clay and Jaymes are friends or lovers. Both are good.

Plenty of people who can't stand each other have children.

:preachit:

More after the next 3 pages! :lilredani:

Just popping in to say how exciting the news is! JaMar and duckyvee and another Clay friend are here for the weekend.....we drank to the baby's health all day yesterday. And to Clay's health. And Jaymes' health. And Faye's...and the Olympics....and......

Oh well, you get the idea.

Yes I do and wish I were there with you three fabulous ladies.

Now, to you southern californians..how on earth do you deal with the freakin' traffic I was on a good pace to make it to Oceanside in record time and then I hit LA.

I am so very not overly maternal - I'm vaguely happy for Clay and Jaymes - but have sort of lost interest. I really don't remember being that ecstatic when my son was born - mostly grateful that labor was over and he seemed to be fine...

Anyone being nasty about it is an ass though.

Love you Kandre!!

wandacleo...you too.

The only thing I keep coming back to is that Clay needs to live his life for himself and he does not have to consult, inform, or get the approval of the fandom to do anything. Idol is over. We don't get a vote. Now you don't have to understand it but really I can't understand things I do or my family does..why would I expect to understand everything from essentially a sranger. Like I said when I heard about this... it could be complete true or totally false. It's true and I can so see it. Clay creates family everywhere he goes. And now he has a whole new one and I wish them all well.

Perma ..I enjoyed reading your post last night. Thank you for sharing.

LOl Luckiest

Parker Foster Aiken - I love that name..it has substance!!

Yay!!!!!!!! I am so happy that I will never, ever have to type IIT again!

OMG I laughed out loud at this!! It's Clay Aiken we are talking about! If past history is anything to go on there will always be "IIT" moments.

And talking of babies I want to marry wandacleo and have hers...oh wait I really am too old for that!

Claymatron :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Actually, Mike has three sisters, two which are already married. His mother does not work and loves to plan weddings; she had been helping Emily all along and yeah I think a bit of a control freak. Emily is pretty non-traditional; actually wanted to get married on a beach in Jamaica, but his family is pretty religious and wanted a big church wedding, so she agreed. So I think in a way, they think of this as Mike's wedding and that's how they are approaching it. Mike and Emily are paying for most of their wedding, but his parents are helping out. They are quite well to do and can afford to give them this kind of wedding; I have no problem with it, if this is the kind of wedding they want, they I think they should pay for it. Lord, knows I don't have $10,000 sitting in the bank, LOL!

And you know, Emily is quite aware of what her MIL is like and I think would prefer not cause problems, so kind of let her do what she wants in reason...Emily has put her foot down on somethings.

It is just we are different people from different backgrounds; but as long as Emily is happy and loved that is all that is important to me.

Kim

It's probably just me, but I am so thrilled that this baby is half American and half Canadian. I know we are neighbors (you'll note I spelled that the U.S. way) but this makes us kin, this makes us all "Aunties" in the North American sense of the word.

That just makes me twice as schmoopie! Thanks Clay and Jaymes! I love your little man already.

I just can't stop smiling! This has been a wonderful day....8:08 on 08/08/08! COOL!!

Awwwwwwwww, this is so me, too. I'm thrilled to death!

So, has anyone been in touch with Luckiest1 to tell her the news?

Hee, my phone was ringing off the hook! Thanks to everyone who thought to let me know...ldyjocelyn, cindilu2, FromClaygary, and even my son's gf texted me to tell me she heard it on the radio!

I have so much respect for Clay and Jaymes because they had the COURAGE to follow their dream and be unique, rather than follow stupid traditions. OMG, so many couples who start out with a nice white wedding end up hating each other and creating sheer hell for their kids, some of whom are totally screwed up because their father and mother have screamed the most hateful things about each other. People usually get married because they are in lust, not love. Lust, in almost all cases, has a used-by date. Love doesn't. Parker Foster Aiken was created out of love, not lust. What a lucky, lucky little boy.

Great post. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

luckiest1, hope you're camping somewhere it ISN'T raining!

Hee, we decided to check out early this evening, for a variety of reasons (tent zipper broke/storm clouds brewing/son has championship baseball game tomorrow morning). Luckily, we had no rain whatsoever, just sunshine with some pretty gusty winds thrown in for good measure. We swam every day, and it was a blast! It was so wavy I thought I was back in Wilmington NC, swimming in the ocean. Fun! Who would believe that there could be 4 foot white caps in Ontario? :huh:

So shoot me.

BWAH! I love your posts!

I guess they're going to have to shoot me too. I've always been a live-and-let-live person. I'm just over-the-moon happy for the man and his lady (whether friend or lover) and their beautiful "little man". I will never understand anyone who has a problem with that. It's HIS life, damnit!! If you don't like it, tough shit!!

And I love yours too!

As much as I enjoy camping, I have to admit I am v.v. much looking forward to sleeping in my comfy bed tonight. I don't think I have ever been as sore as I was Thursday night, after loading everything in the car and then unloading it all and setting it up at the site, with only ds #2 to help, as the older two were otherwise occupied. So it was quieter than usual, until they both showed up this morning, and we had a nice family day of it. However, I'm thinking that maybe my camping days are over. At least, until the grandchildren arrive. ;)

Backatcha, Kim... :F_05BL17blowkiss: Sometimes, it's just not about us. If Emily has made compromises and is OK with everything, I'm sure she'll be happy for you to just go with the flow, and not make waves. Weddings are so stressful! I know they're wonderful and a create a lot of beautiful memories, but to some they are so much more important than to others. Really, when you think about it, the most important thing is the marriage (that is, the relationship), not the wedding.

Best wishes to her, and Mike, for a lifetime of happiness.

luckiest1....EEEEEEEEEEEE!! Isn't this fantastic news!!!!! Glad to hear you're back home and didn't get too wet! :thbighug-1:

How many days to the Gala, Kim? Did you say 72? Yay!! I'm going to see Daddy, upclose and well, upclose. (I will always regret missing the March '07 Gala beard though....I mean I REALLY REGRET MISSING THE BEARD!)

Is it too soon to smut?

Apparently someone didn't read the countdown this morning, LOL!....70 Days until the Gala.

Kim

Apparently someone didn't read the countdown this morning, LOL!....70 Days until the Gala.

Kim

Oops, sorry, I've been working today and had to shut down my computer due to electrical storms in the area. Plus I'm getting old and the memory is failing! 70 days is even better though! LOL!

Is it too soon to smut.?..I'm getting old and I can't remember if I already asked that question.

:DoClay:

Nevermind, I'll chastize myself! :naughtywag:

I'm off the computer from Friday 4pm and all heck breaks loose... and such good heck!!!

I'm so happy for Clay and Jaymes and Parker... 8.8.08 at 8:08am Freakin' fantastic! I could believe the .8.8.08 was planned but not the 8:08. My kids were all c-sections and the surgery started at 7am and they were both born at 7:50am. Sounds like Jayme's southern obgyn was a little slower as befits the pace of life in the south... :cryingwlaughter: I can't get the ICG off my face!

Everytime I read where Clay wrote that the baby is loud "like his daddy," I just about break my face smiling.

His referring to himself as "daddy" clutches at my heart.

wanda... WORD!!!

It's a beautiful day in Clay's neighborhood....

Clay has a SON, y'all! EEEEEEEEE!!!

Happy birthday, also, to smilin and christelklein and a friendly wave to newest member SaintRain.

That's all I got for now. Love that Clay Aiken guy...and wish him the best, always, always.

00lsee.... so glad to see you!!! Miss you!!! Post again, will you??? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks everyone for the hugs; it really wasn't that bad of a day; just not what I envisioned for my first daughters wedding shower...but it really wasn't about me; it was about Emily and she had a great time. I remember my wedding and how controlling my mother was and I made a promise to myself that I would not be that way and I did not want to put Emily in the middle of an arguement between her MIL and myself; which is why I agreed to the joint shower. Some times you have to pick your battles and this was just one day.

Kim

aikim.... glad it went well enough! You are very wise. The stories I could tell you that made my daughter miserable around her wedding would curl your hair. Some people seem to forget that the wedding is for the two getting married and their happiness should be first. You did just right!

So shoot me.

Never!!!

I actually would like to have an emoticon that states: I'm down with whatever wandacleo says!

kf... I soooo agree! wanda... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Now, to you southern californians..how on earth do you deal with the freakin' traffic I was on a good pace to make it to Oceanside in record time and then I hit LA.

The only thing I keep coming back to is that Clay needs to live his life for himself and he does not have to consult, inform, or get the approval of the fandom to do anything. Idol is over. We don't get a vote. Now you don't have to understand it but really I can't understand things I do or my family does..why would I expect to understand everything from essentially a sranger. Like I said when I heard about this... it could be complete true or totally false. It's true and I can so see it. Clay creates family everywhere he goes. And now he has a whole new one and I wish them all well.

couchie... traffic is our cross to bear. We know which freeways are less crowded and what times to avoid the worse. Course if there is an accident, all bets are off. If you had told me you were acomin', I'd have given you a better way, cause if you were on the 5, it's very frequently a mess!

The bolded above would make a great thread, tho I tend to think our next one should just be:

Welcome to the world, Parker Foster Aiken!!!

Playbiller, just got back. Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.

Luckiest, kind of glad you decided to give it up, although I'm glad the time you had was good. It's not pretty out there!

What a crazy "summer" we've had. My heat came on tonight for cryin' out loud!