#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Aww... Thanks so much for the nice welcome. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Wow, awesome, I walk into a random penis conversation. *settles in, sighs a little* I think I'll fit in here.

:013085001176249046:

merrieeee

We now have over 2000 members? Wow

Couch Tomato

well we do if you include the 1000 bots that registered hee.

Couchie What is a bot? And how do you know if a bot's a bot?

:confetti2::welcome:clazycoffin :confetti2:

HE BLOGGED OMG I love that man!!

From dancermom2 at CH one of a number of delicious photos from tonights SD 10-3-08Spamalot8tag.jpg

Can someone PM me the blog. I swear I only see the one from 9/19 and I'm not clearing cache or anything like that to lose all my paswords cuz ya'll know how I am about that kind of thing.

never mind I'll just read it on the message board.

Is this on the official fan club site?

liney23 :bday2: :nana: :laola0:

Will you still need me,

Will you still feed me,

When I'm sixty-four?

LENNON and McCARTNEY, 1967

How foolish was my hope and vain

That age would conquer sin.

CHARLES WESLEY
(at age 64)

"
In Advancing Age
", 1772

][/indent][/indent][/indent]

Well it's pouring down rain and something is causing my power to go off and on. I don't want to get any sort of surge to fry my laptop. But shoot had to come back on and makes some comments.

I loved his blog. Everything about it. He didn't say anything that I didn't instinctively know already but still it felt good to hear him say things. I'm glad he didn't apologize for coming out in his own time. The one thing I've gotten from Clay since he came out is that he is proud of who he is and has been for awhile. I think that was part of the problem for some people. They were grappling with something and he was so past that stage. He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour. :cryingwlaughter:

Happy birthday Liney!!

I couldn't sleep. I came on to catch up on the board. I read CLAY BLOGGED and squeeeeeed. I am sitting here with tears running down my face after reading it. What a man. Good for him. It needed to be said, and badly. I love him so much and I swear one of these weekends I may just get in my car and drive 10 hours to Spam on a whim. Screw the kids and the bills! ;) I don't think I am going to make it until December 11th without it. *breathes* *chants "gala, gala, gala, gala"*

Welcome clazycoffin! Do you have an OFC (official fan club) membership yet? The url is http://www.clayonline.com/join. I know this because I helped my daughter sign up again last week! For me, it's worth joining just for the blogs. :wub:

Do come join us jmh.

But when? Where? I looked in the thread and didn't see anything. I thought I'd caught up on all the posts. Help!

I don't think that has been determined yet. Can one of the Raleigh locals help us find a place? Please?

Happy Birthday liney23!

ETA: Is it just me, or is there no spot to comment on that new blog? I want to say thank you!

Wheeeeeeee! Look at these pics from last night courtesy of dancerdad (dancermom2's hubby) at CH:

Stage Door tonight...

The crooky smile pic is my favorite!!!!! Gawd I love Clay! dancerdad too. He is a keeper.

3 more...he didn't want to post these...but I made him tag it!

One more...

Clickable...

th_10-3-08Spamalot14tag.jpg

Spam reports via CH:

clayngel at CB wrote:Tonight's Spam-adventure was totally unplanned!

I was supposed to get out of work at 8:30 but my boss let me go at 6 so I ran home to change and got on a 6:47 train with literally a minute to spare! I ran to the theater and bought my standing room ticket and finally caught my breath.

The show was amazing. Jackie posted most of the important Clay parts that I texted her. He was so cute at the Stage Door! And I spoke to him!!! I have seen the show sooo many times but never actually said anything to him at the SD. I usually just stand there grinning or say "Great job tonight" if I'm really brave. But tonight we had a little conversation! I'm still in shock!

Here is my SD video from tonight!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rnbkhd

5230fan at CB wrote:I'm in two of the pics too! Yes, that's Sherry from the Invisible video. When Clay recognized who she was he gave her a big hug and posed for a picture with her. He said something like "you don't wear (or have) the necklace anymore?" during his conversation with her. I didn't hear the first part of it, in my excitement I went deaf too . . . lol. I was on the other side of the guy who was on her right and so I heard and saw portions of what went on. A lot of people were able to have their pictures taken with him. I did too. He was really being generous tonight. My first shot with him didn't come out and so when he came back (from the end of the line), he agreed to pose with me again when I said that the first shot didn't come out. That totally surprised me. However, just my luck, the top of his head was cut off in the shot! (It's okay Lynn!! I'm really not complaining! )

I was able to give Jerome a printout of the "Thank you Jerome . . ." thread. I gave it to him while Clay was signing and so I was not able to have a conversation with him since he was focused on watching Clay. I told him that it was a printout of a thread on the Clayboard of people expressing their appreciation of him. He gave a laugh and the biggest smile and said thank you. He looked pleased to get it.

The orchestra seemed full and a friend who sat on the balcony said that it was 3/4 full, and mezzanine was the same. It looked pretty good overall.

I haven't seen any of the reports upthread so this might have already been reported. Here are some little things: Did the swallow thing in a sing-song manner; Camelot scene - girl who gave the drinks gave him a peck on the cheek; he caught one of the LOL's arm armor; did the "Find Your Grail" song in a real expressive way, different from last May; majority of the audience were NJUs and so no major cheers and clapping like before. His parts were received well though.

That's all folks! Its 3:09 am and time to hit the sack.

ETA: Wish I had read his blog before the SD tonight! Way to go, Clay!

Clay Aiken Still Make My Knees Wobbly - Friday, 10/3

Long story, but I managed to catch the show tonight. However, I did not get in until 8:30, during the LOTL scene. This would be the first time I'd see Clay in person since he came out. The Knights of the Round Table walked out one by one. There was Clay/Sir Robin with his chicken. I was surprised by my reaction. My heart was filling up with pride for this brave, extraordinary man. Yeah, when I signed on 5 years ago, there would be no turning back.

Observations:

- A good, receptive audience, although no standing ovations until the very end when the confetti falls. Clay was warmly received and got lots of laughs.

- 99% of the audience seemed to be NJUs. But quite a full house, 95% full in orchestra, and I was told 2/3 full in the balcony.

- A new line has been added to "Idol of My Age" (this may have been reported before) and he did not hit the highest note because of it

The Stage Door:

- Yes, you could watch the entire show and the confetti fall, and still get a space at the barricade--and only 3 barricades used. Felt weird.

- Probably less than 50 fans, but all very enthusiastic

- Practically everyone who asked got a pic with Clay. Be ready with your camera, tho', he moves fast!

- I got video of most of it, but with lots of stops and starts, as I was trying to take photos of other fans with Clay

- Even with all the picture taking, it still goes by quickly. I had to sit down and process this latest phenomenon of the smaller crowds/more accessible Clay. Whoever can make it here, enjoy it now, as it may not be possible again!

- Clay Aiken is still totally thud-able.

- Sherry from the "Invisible" video was at the barricade. Clay instantly recognized her (but couldn't remember her name), gave her a hug, and then introduced her to Jerome:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/lin.../Picture1-1.png

from dancermom at CV...

Okay guys...someone said...are you dancerdad to DH and now he is embarrassed half to death!!!!!!!!

LOL, that was me! Dancerdad is our new Clack God!

Why was I wide awake at 5:30 when I am sooo tired...why was I pulled to go to the computer that early in the morning....but WHY did I resist for another hour????

HE BLOGGED!!!!

and what a perfect blog that was. IMO just the right tone ....and great idea...close up that thread, its enough.

What a great explanation of that Rolling Stone article...that's exactly what I thought.

And this guy is only going on 30? So wise!!!!

I will be out for the whole day today...have fun discussing this great blog!!!

Welcome clazycoffin

:bday2:

liney23

Now that was a LONG blog, but just perfect in tone. I've never understood why anyone thought Clay should apologize for "lying" to his fans. What he said was to a reporter who surprised him by asking something he shouldn't have. Clay was young, inexperienced and NOT READY to come out. At that point he hadn't even told his family, so it's kind of strange to think he would have acknowledged being gay to a strange reporter who was going to print what he said in a national magazine.

Way to go Clay! Just want to give him a big ol hug. :thbighug-1:

Forget the blog. OMG what happened to our colors! They must have upgraded. Is it me..or has our colors changed LOL. Oh the horror. LOL And Ansa's gone for the day. eek

I love that everyone will wake up to the blog. So happy I was up last ngiht when he posted it..hell it was late even for me.

Oh god no!!!!! No thad thong!!!!

But Merieee Thad thongs thound tho goood.......

Its getting a bit late here, so if someone could direct me to the fleet of penises I'll be on my way........

What a great blog!

I love any writing that neatly answers questions and gently but firmly closes doors.

There is nothing else, IMO, that Clay needs to say.

I do love how he has asked us to not define him by his sexuality.

IMO there is a fine line between being supportive, and making Clay's orientation a focus, and I think some are vaulting right over that line. Making him the poster boy or something. JMO.

He just looks sensual.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/issue...6030526,00.html

I was at the People.com site and did a search on Clay Aiken and it brought up that page (above). It shows the People cover in May 2003, with Clay, Kim and Ruben. I realize this is very, VERy old for most of you but does anyone have a scanned copy filed away and easy to access or know of any site that has compiled scans of press articles?

What a great blog!

I love any writing that neatly answers questions and gently but firmly closes doors.

There is nothing else, IMO, that Clay needs to say.

I do love how he has asked us to not define him by his sexuality.

IMO there is a fine line between being supportive, and making Clay's orientation a focus, and I think some are vaulting right over that line. Making him the poster boy or something. JMO.

He just looks sensual.

People will figure things out. Give them time. Why wouldn't it bea focus this week of all weeks. I think we're doing fine here - the last days could have been done a week ago or two weeks ago. I liked how things quickly got back to the voice, the hair, the fugly as it should be. But this is Clay Aiken board and the things we talked about before will have a different slant now. The new normal should be that THAT makes noboldy blink.

Forget the blog. OMG what happened to our colors! They must have upgraded. Is it me..or has our colors changed LOL. Oh the horror. LOL And Ansa's gone for the day. eek

Hee! Glad it wasn't just me, cuz I woke up and wondered WTF? Where'd the green go? Not that I don't like the blue, it's ok too.

Yep, Clay said it all. Hopefully that'll be his last word on the subject, because there's nothing else that needs to be said. Sexuality is but a small piece of the puzzle that makes up the person. Any person.

eyes crazycoffin with interest because of her simply WONDERFUL taste in music...

What are your feelings on a, um, benign dictatorship?

ausdon, your line made me laugh loud enough to startle the cat...heh!

Clay makes me so freakin' HOT, y'all! OK, this is my delusion: I understand Clay. From the top of his long, chestnut hair to the ends of his long toes covered in delightful black boots. That is a MAN. He says things that I agree with, and he says them in a way that if I were up for marriage, I'd chase his ass down, gay or not. We wouldn't agree on everything, but he is reasonable and intelligent and nicer than me while occasionally being sarcastic and biting that the occasional disagreements? Hell, I'd let him have his way sometimes. (with me, and with whatever we were disagreeing about). The man could make me believe in polyamory. And I frickin' LOVE 98% of everything he's sung to me, performed in, or done. And 1.5% of what's left I think is OK. And the 0.5% of what's left, I don't actually hate, just don't listen to or watch.

He makes me happy.

Ooooookay, I don't know what luckiest and couchie are talking about - it's still green for me...dammit, y'all were supposed to drink the RED Kool-aid, not the PURPLE!

CLAY BLOGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER, I mean NEVER cry about or due to Clay Aiken.

I'm not one to get "schmoopie".

But I haven't even finished reading his blog and I'm having a hard time reading because there's something in my eye.

God, what a MAN!

~~~

I dreamed about him last night so I should have gone straight to OFC!

I don't know where we were, but he was in a white dress shirt with a light charcoal corduroy sport coat! Gorgeous. And I asked him if I could hug him and we hugged and I got to tell him just a smidgin of how I felt. That I thought he was a brave, brave man.

~~~

And that he is.

I LOVE that he is NOT apologizing!!!

Titanium!