#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

luckiest1

Hee, I am not the one who said that original quote that is attribued to me, but that's ok, cuz I agree with it! wink.gif

:lol: Ok, that's it! I'm obviously going blind from spending so much time reading the boards...off to do some housework.

[small whiny voice] I wanna go to the gala! [/smv] :cry:

Cotton:

georgiesmybaby Is Georgie a shi tzu perchance???

He certainly is. As is his new brother Jamie. :)

I was pretty sure we'd met, but I wasn't sure.

I can NEVER trust my memory!!

So - you're going to the gala! Yay!

Please come up and speak to CottonTop, cuz there's no guarantee I'll be able to pick you out without Georgie attached! hee

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

[small whiny voice] I wanna go to the gala! [/smv] :cry:

heee me to.

I actually had a ticket and sold it And looking at where I am right now financially -- I did the right thing. I will make up for it on my blow out trip to NYC. I'm glad so many FCAers are going ...don't forget those laptops!!

<snip> The one thing I've gotten from Clay since he came out is that he is proud of who he is and has been for awhile. I think that was part of the problem for some people. They were grappling with something and he was so past that stage. He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour. :cryingwlaughter:

Happy birthday Liney!!

That's my one 'revelation' from his blog, too, Couchie! He's been at peace with himself for a long time and that makes me verra, verra happy.

He is such a turn-on! He is articulate, intelligent, kind and assertive. That kind of man, whether gay or straight, is amazingly attractive to me.

Gawd, yes, Gibby! He's always been this kind of man and still is and forever will be-----CLAY! And I soooooo wanna do him. :Thud:

I, too, am very happy that

1. No replies were allowed after this blog entry and

2. He wants his blog to circulate. I was really hoping I could show this to people who I know are NOT members of the fan club board. Everyone needs to read it. I hope the media gets hold of it, actually. It's about time they talk about something he really says! :rolleyes:

And last, but not least! Happy Birthday, LINEY! woo hoo! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:7254: :partytime2: :00003653: :Pogo0: :fest30:

OMG, Bottle! Look! While you were posting, I was changing my avie to exactly the same gif you just posted! Whoa!

What a co-inkydink! And now...I will read Clay's blog again before beginning that ever-popular activity of cleaning house.

lovely.

ETA: Oh, and bottle? I just stole your version of that gif...mine had Clay giving a raspberry on speed! Manic, man! :cryingwlaughter:

Wishing you a verra :bday: liney!

I was so happy when I read his blog this morning. And surprised! I almost wondered if Clay was hanging out a Cracker Barrel just outside of Cincinnati yesterday afternoon! :o My mom came down to volunteer with the vision screenings and we stopped for lunch after leaving the school. I swear the conversation we had was part of his blog. She's not online, but when I visit her or she visits me she reads some of what's going on in the Clay Nation. She read a post somewhere that was saying Clay "should" have adopted or had a surrogate mother if he wanted a child so badly. She was completely perplexed by that statement, among others. <_< She said she would have replied, "No, he could have done those things. He should have done what he wanted to do, which is what he did. Not being a close personal friend or family member, you should mind your own damn business." I love my mom!

Ummmm... Fear...I had arranged a ride back to Greensboro after the Gala, but the person is leaving very early Sunday morning. If you stay for the brunch, could I bum a ride back with you? I would love to get together with everyone.

If you're staying overnight, I can take you back the next day....would love to have the time to spend with you at the brunch! I have to change hotels Sunday, and pick up the rental vehicle but you could stay at the hotel while I do that.

ETA: it's MONday I'm changing hotels :lol: ....so, if you want to stay over Sunday night?...or, go back with fear :lol: In any case, we'll get you home.

I look forward to hearing what you found out because the more I think about what is around, the more I think the hotel is our best option for a brunch. I really love the idea of getting together! :00000441:

From Claygary and Fear... thx so much for helping georgiesmybaby with the transportation! I would be so sad if she could not come!

I was awake last night when he blogged, so I left a text message for a friend thinking she would receive it first thing this morning. But no, I woke her at 2AM. Don't you think everyone should have a friend like me? :whistling-1: Ooops... sorry Cheri. I *think* that she still loves me. Well, maybe. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just for the record... I am GLAD that you woke me up! Never to hesitate waking me when Clay blogs! hee

Armadillo Grill.

Just sayin'

:lilredani:

ya think???? I thought that was an awfully far walk for people who don't have a car???

annabear, I love your mom too. Does she want another daughter?

I'm working so I couldn't get on here but as soon as I read he blogged, I rushed right over. And then my damn computer froze up on me. Managed to get on long enough to read the blog and then had to head out but I loved his blog. And I loved that he said he was proud of who he was and makes no apologies for it. I don't think I could be the kind of person he is if I lived to be 100.

Also haven't had a chance to go to the OFC and since its midterm week I won't be able to check it out for awhile, but has anyone been over to see if any heads have exploded. I'm sure some of those people who bitched for the past week and a half about the lying are probably having a cow. And hopefully now that the gay bashing has been kibboshed, some of those bible quoters will go find a Pat Boone type to follow around.

And hopefully now that the gay bashing has been kibboshed, some of those bible quoters will go find a Pat Boone type to follow around.

It is devoutly to be hoped.

Same old same old and same old shit.

Yes, I really do still love Clay Aiken even though he didn't pick my Spama-bio entry as the winner... -_- But congrats to Claybella! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Perhaps I went a wee bit overboard with the Spam-isms... :blush:

CA_Spam_Bio_annabear091008-1.jpg

Any other FCA'ers willing to share their entries? :lilredani:

And hopefully now that the gay bashing has been kibboshed, some of those bible quoters will go find a Pat Boone type to follow around.

It is devoutly to be hoped.

Same old same old and same old shit.

When I was there earlier it seemed to be mostly supportive? I saw the same few people posting the same tired shit - but the majority seemed to be really happy about the blog. It seems like the same few are stuck on the self-important 'he lied about the lie and he needs to beg my forgiveness' train - but for me, his blog just completely takes away any small amount credibility they ever had. His honesty in telling us how he approached things and why is stunning - and to still insist upon more at this point - well that just shows the true colours of those posting. It says far more about them than it does about Clay. I'm still baffled as to why it's so important to them to take others along with them as they 'leave' - but it sure does seem to be a mission. *shrug* I have begun to laugh (at, not with) those who have 'trust issues'. He's a singer and entertainer, not your husband or lover or even your friend. Do you 'trust' Jack Nicholson before you buy a movie ticket? Do you 'have faith' in Rob Thomas? I'm sorry - it's beyond ridiculous to me. I'm sorry if that sounds judgemental or harsh. Oh wait.. no, I'm not. Clay deserves better.

annabear, really cute bio.

I'll have a car and can fit three others in it and From Claygary sounds like she'll have one so maybe we'll have enough people movers for the brunch. :8:

I'll be driving home after the gala and coming back the next day.

On my way out to a bonfire tonight, it should be around 40 degrees by 8pm. They better have some hot drinks also, I am taking my Irish Cream to add to coffee.

Was over at the OFC. Still can not believe the individuals who think he still owes them an apology. His blog was perfect. They do not see the hurt he went through and the need to say what he did. I just wish they would leave and let the rest of us who love him enjoy him for the wonderful person he is. I want them to STFU. This is coming from someone who big swear word is shit. I can not wait to see what the future holds for him. I may never see Spam but I am still trying very hard, but I will be there when he tours.

I have been discussing with my hubby about going to Spam. I am trying to work out something. Not real successful yet. My husband who has been with the same company for 38 years is going to be separated as on Dec. 1. That is a real financial blow. I am still working and we are lucky we have everyone through college. I keep teasing him he will drive me nuts being home all the time. I am involved in alot of things and use to coming and going. It will feel strange to say I am leaving in the morning and will be gone most of the day. I told him he needs to find other things to do.When he started working from home last year I told him there was four rules. 1.Do not ask me in the morning what am I doing today. 2.When I say I am going to lunch with friends I do not want any comments. 3.When I come home from shopping with bags he is not to ask what is in them. 4. Do not ask me what is for lunch at 12 noon everday. Of course I was really kidding when I told him these. But it has worked. He comes down from his office and does make his own lunch.

Well, I knew that a few people would never 'accept' anything Clay offered to address the entire situation. He could've gotten down on his knees and begged their forgiveness and I'm sure there would've been a couple who would just berate him for refusing to give himself 100 lashes with a knotted whip.

Of course, had he begged forgiveness, I would've whupped his cute little ass myself...but I digress.

Whatever. I have read some posts that make me smile---people who've been struggling, but who have found a way to reconcile any personal, religious, societal concerns with their love and admiration of a remarkable man. And to them I say BRAVA! good for you! I'm glad you're still a part of the fandom. For those who cannot or will not now, after Clay has tried to be candid and has always been caring, support him? I say "Your arguments and reasons have been heard. If you can no longer support Clay, please leave. Please stop using his fan message board as a place to rant and spew hatefulness. For Clay and his fans, this latest 'crisis' has passed and we're ready to move forward, ready to let Clay do what he does best---entertain and spread love. Goodbye."

:huh: Oh Lord, OTT....Just got a call from the daughter of my mom's boyfriend at the senior residence. They're moving him back to S. Cal. Mom doesn't know....Oh, Lord.

Now THIS, my friends, is what I call a REAL 'crisis'. :Ahh: