#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

He will never get 100% so I'm just happy for the ones who have come around. And I hope that this fandom will breathe some new air.

Amen, couchie - and that ^ ^ ^ was my last word about it. (At least I promise to try *g*)

Now about that tour, Clay. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

He will never get 100% so I'm just happy for the ones who have come around. And I hope that this fandom will breathe some new air.

The deserters are few--basically the same ones who've been saying the same thing all week. They're just sticking around to spew hate.

Lovely Christians that they are.

The deserters are few--basically the same ones who've been saying the same thing all week. They're just sticking around to spew hate.

It's getting really old now. It was about them and it still is about them! No compassion whatsoever.

My DH called me today to say he saw People and was it true? I told him it was and we had this great conversation about the whole thing. I was telling him about some of the posters and their disgusting posts. You'd have thought he had been reading this board! He mentioned how it was all about them, how some must have been too deep into fantasies and a lot of other things we have said here. He is not a Clay fan, does not follow him at all but he said the guy should just live his life and never apologize! He has nothing to apologize for!

Seriously. I was just reading in the "support" thread.

Good grief.

If you don't believe that Clay is "following a path" that you can't support, then GO!

But stop trying to justify.

I still think some folks just want to be begged to stay. They really NEED to be there and are looking for a reason. IMO

I just can't see how someone could read Clay's blog - really read it - and not see his humility and Grace.

How many times does he have to shout from the rooftops that he loves his fans? That blog was filled with love.

More love for some folks than I have to give, that's for sure.

Could we all go get some giant salmon and go on a Fish-Schlapping spree???

:hysterical:

J/K

But I admit I'm tempted!

Now . . .

When's the TOUR, damnit!

Could we all go get some giant salmon and go on a Fish-Schlapping spree???

Hee years ago Catholics could only eat fish etc and no meat on Fridays. Well they changed the rules and it was ok except during Lent. It was a sin and they had to go to confession. I asked a priest if the new law was retroactive. He was really not happy with me!

annabear, I love your mom too. Does she want another daughter?

I'm working so I couldn't get on here but as soon as I read he blogged, I rushed right over. And then my damn computer froze up on me. Managed to get on long enough to read the blog and then had to head out but I loved his blog. And I loved that he said he was proud of who he was and makes no apologies for it. I don't think I could be the kind of person he is if I lived to be 100.

Also haven't had a chance to go to the OFC and since its midterm week I won't be able to check it out for awhile, but has anyone been over to see if any heads have exploded. I'm sure some of those people who bitched for the past week and a half about the lying are probably having a cow. And hopefully now that the gay bashing has been kibboshed, some of those bible quoters will go find a Pat Boone type to follow around.

I went over to check out the last few pages of the "Support" thread and pretty much the same people that have been bitching for the last week that he lied and mislead are still bitching because he won't apologize and take responsibility (apparently reading comprehension is not a strong suit among those folks). And I love the people who say they are leaving and then keep posting. I wish people would quit talking to them and trying to defend Clay...just let it go!

Kim

I finally read over there again and totally agree with wandacleo. It's just a few people. For one, it seems particularly clear that it's not about CLay anymore but not being run off. What gets to me is the list - that proves his heterosexuality. Don't know why it exists in the first place - it's ridiculous and obnoxious and it was created to run around the internet to prove he was straight. I think that's why some feel so silly now because those same people they gave grief too get to laugh at them. And they care that they are laughing.

I hope the one thing this fandom has learned is just to stop being mama bears. He doesn't need it. But I think it's a habit now. I've already seen the new causes that people have taken up for clay and I wish they would just stop. Just enjoy the man. Don't turn your fandom into a job. It isn't. Just have fun!

And yeah I have to say the comprehension is a tad scary. When did clay say we should have known. People holding on to something as flimsy as that just can't be reasoned with so there's no point trying.

I'm' just looking forward to what's next. But I'm not looking too far ahead. Just going to enjoy the present.

I just got a Google alert where the blog is posted in full. They started out with the Gayken has a lot to say! Can anyone tell me why an online mag. in Dublin Ireland really cares about Clay Aiken?

Hee couchie if only he was cool!

I hope time and perspective helps those who are truly struggling.

I hope the few posters spewing vile things lose their audience. It's no fun to rant in an empty room.

Me? I celebrating the return of the HOODIE! I even dug one out this morning to wear in Clay's honor. (Okay, maybe it also had something to do with the fact that if was 40 degrees out and I was going to the farmers' market, but still..)

Spam1003_5.jpg

Spam921E_1.jpg

Spam920E_1.jpg

Spam919_5.jpg

GMA6.jpg

Spam050408Day.jpg

Spam031808_1.jpg

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to all!

Friends, I have to tell you this. This past Monday we had to put our dear dog, Shadow, to sleep forever. It has been an emotional week, for sure. I saw Clay's People cover on the computer as I gathered my things for a business trip that had me away from home Wed-Sat night. After working through all the emotions of the unraveling news that week and trying to stay focused on my meetings, I got home to find out that Shadow had been acting increasingly lethargic, wouldn't eat, could hardly walk, needed help getting off the sofa, etc.

Sunday I couldn't stand it anymore as I saw him struggling to breathe...so we took him to the emergency vets. (After our toilet overflowed and spilled its contents everywhere, of course.)...There, after 3 hours the vet was able to tell us that his heart was in congestive failure AND that he had a bleeding tumor on it. The fluids from the tumor had leaked into the chamber around Shadow's heart, making the valves misfire so that fluid was flowing into the chest and abdomen. She tapped some fluid to relieve the pressure and we took him home for a last night with us. I slept downstairs with him. (after two more plumbing spillovers and cleanups)

We let the girls stay home from school and I stayed home from work on Monday and we just sat with him and petted him until it was too selfish of us to keep him with us anymore---it was just getting too hard for him to breathe. So my husband took him to our vet's and now he's gone. We got him when Alex was 8 and Carrie was 4. When I told Carrie what we were going to have to do, she said, "But Mom, he's my BEST friend!" God.

I miss him. So much. But we gave him a good life. (We 'saved' him from euthanasia at the animal shelter nine years ago after someone dropped him in the night drop.) And he loved us 'unconditionally'.

I just had to get all this out. WHile all this turmoil has been churning on the boards and we've been dealing either with our own feelings or with trying to understand others', there's been a nagging burning in my heart--a real feeling of loss. I really do miss Shadow. It's so odd now at home sometimes---like a surprise over and over again when I realize he's not here.

Anyway...I don't post this to bring anybody down...but I'm not very good at being a 'silent sufferer'...I know that many of you here are real animal lovers and have pets, too, so I know that I'm not being silly when I ask you to think good thoughts for a really wonderful dog with a beautiful soul. And please indulge me as I post these pics. The first one was taken a couple of years ago when we thought we'd lost him but then saw this posted at our nearby grocery store. We were soooo happy to find him. The last two are ones I accidently found last night on my computer. I'm not sure when they were taken but pretty recently, I think. Carrie evidently played around with the camera on my laptop one night. Thanks, everybody. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ShadowFound.jpg

Shadow2_2.jpg

Shadow4_2.jpg

And now I want to hear about a Clay Aiken tour! ;)

ETA: Want to leave this post on an upbeat... :yahoo:

withclay-1.jpg

{{{{{Muski family & Shadow}}}}}

Annabear

[small whiny voice] I wanna go to the gala! [/smv] :cry:

Pssst...there is an extra Gala ticket, and if I'm not mistaken, it's a seat at our table. Spur of the moment trips can be fabulous...just sayin.'

BTW I want in the "I love Annabear's momma" line too. She's something, and just as kind as she is frank.

That OFC "support" thread has turned into a farce. Unfortunately, I know one of the players...and at this point, I just want to slap her upside the head. Some of those "Christians" are making this Christian have very unChristian thoughts and feelings. As Clay would say "Oh crap."

What.

{{{Muskifest}}} I'm so sorry about Shadow-loved the photos.

Awww!

Rest in green fields of Peace, Shadow.

God has a special place for dogs who love us.

Damnit. Now I'm getting teary again.

Muski, we have been through it.

Golden Retriever - Jasmine - DH and DS and I sat on the couch and bawled our eyes out when we got the call from the vet that she had gone into respiratory failure and died.

Bonnie = shi tzu

Nu Nu - shi tzu

Lao Lao - shi tzu

Penny - shi tuz - Mama's dog who became Daddy's dog for 4 years after Mama died, who then joined our family.

Bonnie we took home with us when my sis separated from her husband. She had Nu and Lao (and 2 other pups in the litter - we kept 2).

When Nu Nu died, every time we took Lao outside she stopped and looked longingly and puzzled for her life long buddy. She became so despondent we had to buy the food in a tube and practically force feed her. Nobody can tell me dogs don't have feelings as much as humans!

Sorry. We love our 4-legged children.

Now, our shelter doggie, Droopy, rules the roost! :)

Major hugs for you and your family. It is as hard as losing human friends. It just is.

{{{{{Muski family & Shadow}}}}}

muski... thanks for sharing Shadow with us! They are members of our family and it hurts when we lose them... which is why I have had no pets for the last 10 years. My heart had enough loss. You had quite a week!!! Double hugs!!!

I'm proud to love a man I'm proud of.

ETA: I just noticed in the "he blogged" thread at OFC, there is a statement saying that Clay has directed no bashing of Clay or his family is allowed and no homophobic discussion. THANK YOU,JESUS!!!!! (In my best fanning myself Clay imitation). Enough is enough.

wanda... AMEN!!! I really like that thread title up there... hint, hint!

Here's a link to Claybella's bio on the OFC:

http://forums.clayonline.com/showthread.php?t=14481

You must be signed in to view. Scroll down.

merrieee... Claybella's bio is very very good! Just the right tone and ties in with Spam very nicely!

Yes, I really do still love Clay Aiken even though he didn't pick my Spama-bio entry as the winner... -_- But congrats to Claybella! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Perhaps I went a wee bit overboard with the Spam-isms... :blush:

CA_Spam_Bio_annabear091008-1.jpg

Any other FCA'ers willing to share their entries? :lilredani:

anna... I liked your bio! I'm sure you were a close runner-up! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I was taken out to lunch for my birthday by four of my friends. [rant] We got to discussing religion and one of them had a book about it that sited all the places in the Old Testament where God rewarded violence against women. It boggles my mind that Bible people can ignore the obviously wrong stuff written in the bible hundreds of years ago in a male dominated society and yet stick to the one point about one issue as "it's in the bible, so it is God's word". If Christians would study and live Jesus' words and nothing else, this world would be a more loving, accepting place. [/rant]

Oh, poor Shadow.

:(

I have two dogs myself and they're both getting on up there... been having nightmares about that day.

So sorry, muski. I know what that's like.

I did see three spelling errors, Liney - I can't help it, I do it all the time at work. <g> The ones I saw were all right at the end, so I wonder if he added that AFTER Jaymes or Jerome edited him. Heh. I so agree with the person who said there were probably multiple drafts - he's such a smart man, after all, and smart men know to get a proof reader for the big, splashy posts. <g> I would so do him.

Don't forget the third paragraph: "judgment", not "judgement" (*tries to be as educational as KAndre was in prompting me to look up "polyamory"*)

I would like to be adopted by mama annabear too, and "sis" did a great OFC bio (too bad no runner-up prize!) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:hug: to muski and dentist survivor aikim.

:cake: Happy Birthday to Liney!

Don't forget the third paragraph: "judgment", not "judgement" (*tries to be as educational as KAndre was in prompting me to look up "polyamory"*)

Isn't judgement an acceptable alternative spelling to the more common judgment? I always leave the 'e' in as I prefer it that way, and it fits the rules of spelling in the English language. I've looked it up before to be sure it was accurate. I wonder what I found out and if I just chose to ignore it?

I thought I caught a thats for that's. It's the former teacher in me that causes those things to pop out, and I couldn't care less about them. What's odd is that I now make errors of that type and I never did before. I think it's age-related attentional lapses. Scary.

{{muski}}

Gala folks -

While pondering a get together Sunday after the gala, Armadillo Grill would not have brunch food, more "Amer-exican" tacos, burritos and the like so it'd be more like lunch food. Its pretty affordable though and if enough people have cars we could carpool over there from the hotel. Its an order at the counter type of place as well. I love their cheese sauce on the nachos!!! For sight seeing, I think there is a menu on the wall that Clay signed too. hee

fromclaygary will also post some hotel brunch info (I think) for consideration.

Oh and all the comments about the support thread -- just a big ole WORD! Nuff said. Won't let that crap spoil my joy anymore.

I simply adore him!!!

I thought 'judgement' was the British spelling and 'judgment' was the American spelling. But I frequently don't know shit.

{{muski}} I'm so sorry about Shadow. I just got my very first dog, at the ripe old age of 54, a couple of months ago. I would never have believed I could love an 'animal' this much.

" If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”