#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Fleeting penis.

There's another kind???

Hello?? There sure as hell is. <g>

eyes crazycoffin with interest because of her simply WONDERFUL taste in music...

What are your feelings on a, um, benign dictatorship?

Don't answer that clayzycoffin. Trust me.

Clay makes me so freakin' HOT, y'all! OK, this is my delusion: I understand Clay. From the top of his long, chestnut hair to the ends of his long toes covered in delightful black boots. That is a MAN. He says things that I agree with, and he says them in a way that if I were up for marriage, I'd chase his ass down, gay or not. We wouldn't agree on everything, but he is reasonable and intelligent and nicer than me while occasionally being sarcastic and biting that the occasional disagreements? Hell, I'd let him have his way sometimes. (with me, and with whatever we were disagreeing about). The man could make me believe in polyamory. And I frickin' LOVE 98% of everything he's sung to me, performed in, or done. And 1.5% of what's left I think is OK. And the 0.5% of what's left, I don't actually hate, just don't listen to or watch.

He makes me happy.

:::sigh::: You are me. I adore smart, funny men.

I like the BLUE!!

As soon as I read the words....He Blogged my stomach just turned over. It didn't when I read the People headline but I so wanted this to be "right". I'm not to good at explaining myself but I didn't want whining, apologies or pity me. He doesn't owe me any thing, least of all his heart and soul on a plate to dissect. I should have trusted him. It was in fact.....right.

I know exactly what you mean!! It was the perfect blog - everything I would have hoped for, actually. I was pretty confident, after all this time, that it would be like that.

I did see three spelling errors, Liney - I can't help it, I do it all the time at work. <g> The ones I saw were all right at the end, so I wonder if he added that AFTER Jaymes or Jerome edited him. Heh. I so agree with the person who said there were probably multiple drafts - he's such a smart man, after all, and smart men know to get a proof reader for the big, splashy posts. <g> I would so do him.

I'm proud to love a man I'm proud of.

ETA: I just noticed in the "he blogged" thread at OFC, there is a statement saying that Clay has directed no bashing of Clay or his family is allowed and no homophobic discussion. THANK YOU,JESUS!!!!! (In my best fanning myself Clay imitation). Enough is enough.

I'm proud to love a man I'm proud of.

thread title

and does this blog mean the days of long winded wandacleo are over? heeee

Over and done.

It's not just you, and I believe it's deliberate~AND the right thing to do. Re a place~I'm sure the hotel will have a restaurant....would that work? Often the Marriotts have a buffet brunch; don't know if this one does offhand but I'm sure I could find out.

And/Or I can check with Cheri if you like, and you check with Donna...

Hi this is Cheri aka Claylove.... heard I was referenced here! lol j/k I am local so I would be glad to help plan/coordinate a brunch on Sunday if you like. I haven't posted here much (if at all) but think maybe its time I check it out!

Also--have a friend who needs to sell a gala tix so yes if there is interest it can most likely be done!

As for how I feel about Clay and his blog -- I simply adore him!!!

Much love :-)

It's not just you, and I believe it's deliberate~AND the right thing to do. Re a place~I'm sure the hotel will have a restaurant....would that work? Often the Marriotts have a buffet brunch; don't know if this one does offhand but I'm sure I could find out.

And/Or I can check with Cheri if you like, and you check with Donna...

Hi this is Cheri aka Claylove.... heard I was referenced here! lol j/k I am local so I would be glad to help plan/coordinate a brunch on Sunday if you like. I haven't posted here much (if at all) but think maybe its time I check it out!

Also--have a friend who needs to sell a gala tix so yes if there is interest it can most likely be done!

As for how I feel about Clay and his blog -- I simply adore him!!!

Much love :-)

:hello: Good to see you here!!....and now I don't have to email you :lol:. Yes, any thoughts as to a good place? Probably downtown would be best bet; I know I wont' have a car and likely many won't.

Here's a link to Claybella's bio on the OFC:

http://forums.clayonline.com/showthread.php?t=14481

You must be signed in to view. Scroll down.

OK, am I blind? All I see is her post saying she can't find it.

Are you the Claylove that helped plan the JNT05 Oakland show? If so I still have your raffle tickets.... somewhere around here. :cryingwlaughter:

claytonic

I was at the People.com site and did a search on Clay Aiken and it brought up that page (above). It shows the People cover in May 2003, with Clay, Kim and Ruben. I realize this is very, VERy old for most of you but does anyone have a scanned copy filed away and easy to access or know of a site that have compiled scans of press articles?

Clack Unlimited has a whole section called Scans. It contains most of the early articles and photos from magazines.

luckiest1

Why do the stage door pictures since he came out look especially hott? Is it because we always want most what we can't have? Not that I could have had him before, but....damn, he's looking mighty fine.

Oh yes he looks so fine and the new hair style IMO contributes mightily to that.

Maybe he's looking hott because he looks so relaxed and happy and feels free to give fans hugs and have photos taken with them.

Keep on scrolling it is quite a way down. Post # 25

This may not be the exact one I sent it but it's close:

Irritatingly well done! :hysterical:

Iyamnotjellus that I didn't win.

Oh, yeah, that's right. I only wrote mine inside my head! :lol2:

She did a great job!

:clap:

I always have trouble with succinct!

Are you the Claylove that helped plan the JNT05 Oakland show? If so I still have your raffle tickets.... somewhere around here. :cryingwlaughter:

The one in the same! I used to live in Northern California. And no worries about the raffle tickets. lmao

Let me think on the restaurant thing. I work downtown and I am pretty familiar with the options but mostly for lunch. I also want to see what is in walking distance from the Mariott. The hotel may very well be the best option.

I am going out in just a few to shop for gala dresses so I will post back later on.

I love Clay very much and appreciate his stand on maintaining privacy in his personal life. And I promise, after this post, to do my best to respect that line.

But I saw something on CV that I'd just love to ask Clay about:

Clay, dude, are you really, really, really sure about staying committed to the gay thing? Because

DAH-YUM! Hannah1001.jpg

Seriously, still no girls? Okay. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I can't help mourning the loss of the purely hypothethical Clannah.

claytonic
I was at the People.com site and did a search on Clay Aiken and it brought up that page (above). It shows the People cover in May 2003, with Clay, Kim and Ruben. I realize this is very, VERy old for most of you but does anyone have a scanned copy filed away and easy to access or know of a site that have compiled scans of press articles?

Clack Unlimited has a whole section called Scans. It contains most of the early articles and photos from magazines.

Obviously, you 've scrolled past me yet again :lol:....the article and the whole magazine are available at the link that was orignally posted, in a .pdf file!

Keep on scrolling it is quite a way down. Post # 25

Thanks so much!! It's EX-cellent! Hits all the high points with humor and just the kind of snarky attitude Clay would use. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I was awake last night when he blogged, so I left a text message for a friend thinking she would receive it first thing this morning. But no, I woke her at 2AM. Don't you think everyone should have a friend like me? :whistling-1: Ooops... sorry Cheri. I *think* that she still loves me. Well, maybe. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

As for Clay's blog itself, I thought it was honest and heartfelt, and beautifully crafted. And I admire that amazing man more today than I did yesterday or yesteryear.

Bookwhore said:

Oh crap...if Clay's killing elephants PETA's going to be all over his ass again. :cryingwlaughter:

ROFL!! Literally.

Ummmm... Fear...I had arranged a ride back to Greensboro after the Gala, but the person is leaving very early Sunday morning. If you stay for the brunch, could I bum a ride back with you? I would love to get together with everyone.

Ummmm... Fear...I had arranged a ride back to Greensboro after the Gala, but the person is leaving very early Sunday morning. If you stay for the brunch, could I bum a ride back with you? I would love to get together with everyone.

If you're staying overnight, I can take you back the next day....would love to have the time to spend with you at the brunch! I have to change hotels Sunday, and pick up the rental vehicle but you could stay at the hotel while I do that.

ETA: it's MONday I'm changing hotels :lol: ....so, if you want to stay over Sunday night?...or, go back with fear :lol: In any case, we'll get you home.

Do come join us jmh.

But when? Where? I looked in the thread and didn't see anything. I thought I'd caught up on all the posts. Help!

I guess we really haven't planned it other than brunch on Sunday.

I'll be heading back so if it doesn't work with Fromclaygary I'll be glad to drive you home.

Happy Birthday Liney

:cake::fest06: :EmoticonRingAround: :748: :09:

Clay's blog was most amazing. I can't wait to read his next memoirs. Admiration is my word of the day.

I feel bad that we had to go through that anger phase and were forced to observe how some fans we may have been acquainted with had such hate in their hearts. Some were just confused. I hope they can feel in their hearts why Clay did things as he did and just join in the fun again. In the end it all works out.

I had arranged a ride back to Greensboro after the Gala, but the person is leaving very early Sunday morning. If you stay for the brunch, could I bum a ride back with you? I would love to get together with everyone.

georgiesmybaby Is Georgie a shi tzu perchance???

FromClaygary

Obviously, you 've scrolled past me yet again laugh.gif....the article and the whole magazine are available at the link that was orignally posted, in a .pdf file!

I did read your post and thanks for that link. :bloomingflowers:

Sorry for any previous scrollings past...sometimes I take so darn long to compose a post that by the time I've posted it, the information is already on the board.

Anyway, In this case, I just wanted to pass on the information that all the early articles are available.

Well, after that blog I'm more pissed than ever that I'll never have a chance with that man.

Gawd. What an exceptional human being. I'm....humbled to love him.

And DAYUM is right re: Hannah's picture. Really, now....if she couldn't make Clay think twice, hell....I guess it's really true...

psst... :unsure: ..... :ph34r: Clay's gay.

And so am I. I am so wonderfully happy for him. :wub::yahoo:

Uh...would this be too much?

:14:

heh.

luckiest1
Why do the stage door pictures since he came out look especially hott? Is it because we always want most what we can't have? Not that I could have had him before, but....damn, he's looking mighty fine.

Oh yes he looks so fine and the new hair style IMO contributes mightily to that.

Maybe he's looking hott because he looks so relaxed and happy and feels free to give fans hugs and have photos taken with them.

Hee, I am not the one who said that original quote that is attribued to me, but that's ok, cuz I agree with it! ;)

Ok I am being far too domestic today. A date nut loaf, a banana bread, and I washed the kitchen floor. Someone take my temperature.

FromClaygary (or anyone else who wants to step up the plate to arrange a post-gala brunch) the hotel restaurant is fine with me. :F_05BL17blowkiss: