#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Sadness. *sniff*

Anyone else a Motown freak? I absolutely loved The Four Tops, The Temptations, The Miracles and, of course, The Supremes.

:PickMe-1: ooo ME! ME!

My DD and I just watched the Temps' movie ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164292/ ) on ION last night. Okay so we've already seen it a bajillion-diggety times. But whose counting? Hee. Actually I just love old-school R&B. Adore the Philly-Sound, Gamble & Huff, Holland/Dozier/Holland ...all that.

Right now I'm crushin' on Jerry Butler :flirtysmile3: He stole me away from Sam Cooke.

My DD just "discovered" Marvin Gaye. Isn't she precious? *g*

---

So it's finally Gala day? :wub: I'll be looking forward to reports. And pictures. Of course.

As I said before...I really expected the Spamalot closing when we heard Clay was going back. Don't know why ... it all just makes sense for both the production and him. I do hate the idea that it seems that the comedies aren't lasting as long.

Oooooo....Motown. cover your eyes, kf!

The Beatles...they were alright. The Stones...eh. But Motown rocked my (and the entire) world.

Still my favorite part of the JBT....

I'm trying to decide if the freedom from pain is worth the crazy of hydrocodone...decisions, decisions. Dammit, if Clay was on frickin' tour now like last year, I could ignore the pain!

Though I wonder...does anyone think that sorta semi running on my foot during the DCAT might have something to do with having the exact same surgery a little more than a year later?

Naaaaaaaah!

Such a pretty day outside... I wonder if Bojangles serves breakfast?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

The Beatles...they were alright. The Stones...eh. But Motown rocked my (and the entire) world.

Oh but keepingfaith loves Motown too, as a matter of fact I still owe her some clips of .... *oops! nothing to see here!*

Along with everyone, I'll sorely miss that JBT jacket though...

I'm trying to decide if the freedom from pain is worth the crazy of hydrocodone...decisions, decisions. Dammit, if Clay was on frickin' tour now like last year, I could ignore the pain!

Though I wonder...does anyone think that sorta semi running on my foot during the DCAT might have something to do with having the exact same surgery a little more than a year later?

Naaaaaaaah!

Frisco was worth it!!! And it was just the length of a soccer field anywas! ((((KAndre))))

My DD and I just watched the
Temps'
movie (
) on ION last night. Okay so we've already seen it a bajillion-diggety times. But whose counting? Hee. Actually I just love old-school R&B. Adore the Philly-Sound, Gamble & Huff, Holland/Dozier/Holland ...all that.

Oooooo I haven't seen that movie! That's the trouble with living outside the USA!! I just checked it out and ... did you know the role of Maxine was played by Rhonda Ross Kendrick, Diana Ross' first child. Rhonda's father is Berry Gordy.... really, Motown's child... since she is the progeny of the most prominent male and female of the Motown era. I note Smokey Robinson's plays himself! I gotta get this movie somehow... cuz only recently I spent an entire evening looking at the old Motown vids on YouTube... especially Florence Ballard's.... she really had a beautiful voice. I tell ya who's a hottie... Diana Ross' youngest child, Evan. Here's a vid on the family http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtf7lJLL40Q...feature=related

but Evan is now 20 and really getting some good work in the business as an actor. He has the looks of a movie star.

did you know the role of Maxine was played by Rhonda Ross Kendrick, Diana Ross' first child. Rhonda's father is Berry Gordy.... really, Motown's child... since she is the progeny of the most prominent male and female of the Motown era. I note Smokey Robinson's plays himself! I gotta get this movie somehow... cuz only recently I spent an entire evening looking at the old Motown vids on YouTube... especially Florence Ballard's.... she really had a beautiful voice. I tell ya who's a hottie... Diana Ross' youngest child, Evan. Here's a vid on the family http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtf7lJLL40Q...feature=related

but Evan is now 20 and really getting some good work in the business as an actor. He has the looks of a movie star.

Hee. You sound just like me. :hysterical:

Seriously you must try to see this. Originally it was a mini-series broadcast on NBC. We ordered the VHS as soon as it was available but some of the scenes were cut. I know they run it on VH1 every once in awhile but they usually run the cut version. What we saw on ION last night was full & uncut. Incredible performances by Leon (David Ruffin) & Christian Payton (Paul Williams)

ETA.... YAY! Always glad to help a fellow fan. :)

---

:hysterical:K'andre

I actually chose NOT to go there (re: Beatles et. al.)

Found The Temptations movie at Amazon~ Thanks Jamar1700!!

You know, it's the 2nd DVD I will have bought. I don't usually buy them because I have so many lent to me or put on my HD that I haven't even watched. But anything to do with Motown I have to keep. I bought Dreamgirls, and although I loved it, mainly because of Jennifer Hudson, I feel it was too short to cover such a huge story. It really should be an extended mini-series. And it needs to be done while Berry Gordy is alive because he really is Mr Motown and should have some input.

Hey have you read Gordy's biog? What about Dreamgirls by Mary Wilson and Diana's biog which really left out a lot of stuff. Of course Smokey's was brilliant, and the rest!!

Frisco was worth it!!!

Yessss!!!!

And it was just the length of a soccer field anywas! ((((KAndre))))

Hee when it came to running down the field to see Clay who knew you had a gimpy foot?

Clay Aiken heals what ails you!

Scarlett said:

Such a pretty day outside... I wonder if Bojangles serves breakfast?

Damn! I was pretty successful at not feeling jellus until I read that!

I love Bojangles spicy fried chicken and their dirty rice. One of the things I still miss about living in N.C.

Well, okay, I miss the look of horror or pity or bewilderment I got when I asked for unsweetened iced tea.

Publix fried chicken is still the most excellent (to me) but I wish they could steal the Bojangles recipe for the spiciness.

I do love Motown, almost as much as the Stones. And I love the Philly sound, which was the precursor to Motown, in a way.

One of my favorite memories is when I was attending a Tandem Pathway school in D.C., only six guys and me in the class, we all went out every night, along with our instructor. One night we sorta over-indulged at a restaurant in Old Town Alexandria, beer and seafood, and we didn't want the fun to end, so we drove in circles in the hotel parking lot, around the fountain, singing all the Motown songs we could sorta remember the words to. Security finally requested that we stop the serenade, lovely as it was.

Have you seen her, something something, have you seen her??!!!

Motown is great - RIP Levi Stubbs. The Supremes were my favorites.... Loved the Supremes!!

But then the BEATLES came along and everything was ENGLISH. (sorry KAndre!)

THE BEATLES rocked MY world!!

Going to MD (almost to WV) to some friends' farm where they have an Oktoberfest every year.

The weather looks great! I guess I should get dressed if we are going to leave by noon!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:hello: to everyone at the GALA!! Can't wait to see pix and get the recaps!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! It's Gala Day!!!

:nanarow: :nana: :nanarow:

Can't wait for reports! And hopefully we will get some great pictures, and even a little video. *prays*

Have a fantastic time, all you FCAers in Raleigh!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Naaaaaaaah!

KAndre... ummmm... how do I put this???? Yup, I do think running on a bum foot may have had just a wee bit to do with your having the surgery again. I don't care if Clay strips, you do not run on that foot without a doctor's permission slip in your hand... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Ok, only you can decide if that is worth a third surgery! LOL

I love motown, too. I love Diana Ross, especially that wild hair of hers. Only she can pull that off and look totally glamorous at the same time. Clay... not so much! (massage hair from IT) :cryingwlaughter:

Going shopping this morning. Since my scale has gone down 30 lbs, I need a couple of things for work and a pair of jeans that actually fit right. And, I have a birthday present to exchange.

Those in Raleigh... have a great day/evening and I expect detailed accounts and clack!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: