#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Muski! I love this guy! Kolobok_Laie_haha.gif

I think of Clay the singer as a storyteller or an actor. I can enjoy music that expresses emotions not personal to me as well. Likewise movies, books and so forth. If I couldn't, I think I'd have a very limited life, given that the things that preoccupy most people (marriage, children) are not a part of my own life.

I think there are times when a singer sings from his life experience and times when he draws from his life to interpret, i.e. act the meaning and lyrics of a song.

I, personally, feel Clay is a fantastic interpreter.

I think of the time he sang on the soap ( I don't remember the name of it!) and he sang as a man singing to a woman, even introducing it to say this song is "from him to you". EIH, right?

I have always sensed a stubbornness on his part about Touch. I don't think it has anything to do with his views on anything. I think there is some conversation somewhere, sometime that we aren't/weren't privy to that put him off of Touch. Whether he was told it wouldn't make the cut for MOAM and it did. Or whether someone pushed him to sing it and he really didn't like it. I don't think we'll ever know.

Well, maybe when he writes that second book (If I live long enough to see that!) we'll get the story.

But I think there's more to it than lyrics he can't relate to. Because I think he can interpret almost any lyrics. Well, not ones about killing cops or MF'ing this or that, but you know what I mean!

'Course, as I've said many times before, I don't know JACK!

Kolobok_Laie_haha.gif

Damn, Cotton...there's that Jack guy again... :glare: C'mon. You KNOW something, don't you? Spill, woman! C'mon...I can keep a secret..... B)

ETA: Thanks, Bookwhore...a selfless gesture on your part, I'm sure. God knows we don't want Clay's hips to get rusty.....

There was a Meet & Greet last year where he said that he didn't care for music that was too "electronic" (not sure if that's the way he put it) and some people interpreted that as the reason why he didn't like Touch -- I wasn't there but maybe someone else can remember the exact words. It was the M&G at one of the Florida DCAT shows.

Doood. I've never liked Touch. But I also never really listened to the lyrics. When I went to look them up I was kind of surprised.

Hiiii! *waves for no apparent reason*

I can't help wondering where Bookwhore/Gibby's avatar comes from now... so I can go find the whole thing? :D

But I think there's more to it than lyrics he can't relate to. Because I think he can interpret almost any lyrics. Well, not ones about killing cops or MF'ing this or that, but you know what I mean!

Kolobok_Laie_haha.gif

BWAH

but he could probably sing about it if he didn't have to rap about it and somebody wrote about it in a nice melodic manner. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:that is a joke

Blue, is the ocean in your eyes,

Blue as cool September skies, as a lonely waterfall.

Red, is the fire in your heart,

for the passion and love that we make as the sunset is fading away.

Angel, heaven starts here tonight in your arms,

wanna drown in your body get lost in your charm.

Now that you're here, angel don't go, lets keep the move nice and slow

All I want is your touch, all I want is your heaven right here by my side, every night.

All I want is your touch, all I want is your tenderness here in my life, every morning and night.

Girl cause your touch is so right

Yes, I've been thinking about you.

I've imagined the feel of your body and how it will be when we move.

Darling, magic's alive tonight in your arms

wanna drown in this moment, get lost in your charm.

Now that you're here, don't move too fast lets make the moment last.

All I want is your touch, all I want is your heaven right here by my side, every night.

All I want is your touch, all I want is your tenderness here in my life, every morning and night.

I don't want nobody else and you see that my body is aching,

I'm hopelessly taken by you.

your touch is so right

right

your touch is so right.

Thought I'd post the lyrics. I haven't heard the song in years and couldn't even remember what they said exactly. I know there was a bunch of heavens and oceans and sunsets :cryingwlaughter: Anyway after reading them -- if I had only realized he said my name so many times I'd have listened to it more. :cryingwlaughter:

Ansa - yeah - it's kinda tough to break a 5 year pattern and really who wants to. I know I don't. I still find Clay fascinating after all this time - and still very surprising. My last words might be... in 50 years damnit - did you see that Clay Aiken's combover? :hysterical:

ALSO.... reading TWILIGHT. I can't seem to get away from it. I'm about halfway thru. The movie is coming out in November!!

Hey, chach, I recently started reading the Twilight series, too! And finished all four books within a week of starting the first book. Those books are thick, too! I enjoyed them a great deal. I wouldn't call them classic, great literature, but they sure are a fun read! I'm looking forward to the movie. I've seen the trailers, and it looks like it's going to be really good!

Twilight got me and my girls together this summer. Pretty much like the HP books. It was cute cos we read at different times...daughter 2 and I read it first so we had to keep some things from daughter 1 so we don;t ruin the books for her...It was fun when we all finally read the four books...great way to talk about different types of love.

It is interesting to talk about the different facets of Clay. I just really think there is a danger of over analyzing the guy right now. But I guess its inevitable...we have been doing that ever since AI2.

It is interesting to talk about the different facets of Clay. I just really think there is a danger of over analyzing the guy right now. But I guess its inevitable...we have been doing that ever since AI2.

That's because he's made of awesome.

I totally would have been obsessing about him for the last five years too, except I missed AI2. :cry4:

That's because he's made of awesome.

I totally would have been obsessing about him for the last five years too, except I missed AI2. :cry4:

Thread title?

And I just can't watch Rock Hudson movies in which he plays the romantic, hunky leading man. If he were playing a romantic, hunky leading man opposite another romantic hunky man, I could buy into it and have no problem watching it. I just can't suspend disbelief that far.

Yikes--so acting isn't possible in your book, or at least acting across sexual preference? Wow. I'm pretty shocked by that. Or maybe I'm not. I would guess that is why most actors who are gay do not come out, because their careers as leading men or women will be ruined. The guys in Brokeback Mountain were straight. Didn't seem to affect most people's reaction to that movie. I don't know your reaction, or even if you saw it, but would you expect people to find it not believeable for that reason? Or is it OK for straight people to play gay, but not vice versa? What about bisexual actors? Can they play either, or neither? These are serious questions, and I hope you won't take them as criticism. I'm just boggled a bit.

Hiiii! *waves for no apparent reason*

*waves back for no apparent reason* :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Oh, but making up for lost time is such fun! I envy you that.

to buy in to Clay singing, for example, My Girl...unless he has a baby daughter some day and is singing to her. :cryingwlaughter: The difference with Johnny Matthis singing love songs is that I didn't know he was gay. Thanks for spoiling them for me. :cryingwlaughter: And I just can't watch Rock Hudson movies in which he plays the romantic, hunky leading man. If he were playing a romantic, hunky leading man opposite another romantic hunky man, I could buy into it and have no problem watching it. I just can't suspend disbelief that far.

I guess there are really good reasons why actors and singers don't come out.

Sexuality does trump talent.

I hope you're being sarcastic... :(

*sudden thought*

If they ever made a movie out of Jewels of the Sun I would totally cast Clay as Shawn Gallagher, the hot singer dude. :lol:

Muski?

Are you still here?

I just wanted to say that I really, really admire your writing.

Who knew you could write non-smut stuff??!!

You expressed your opinion (pretty much mine, as well) so clearly and - how can I say this - kindly, reacting to some of the other posts.

You have a way of stating your opposing view without attacking or marginalizing their view. And yet you state clearly, but much nicer than I could - the 'maybe you should move on' without saying what I want to say - 'Don't let the door hit you on the butt as you leave'!

I know I'm not saying this very well. I just wanted to thank you for saying what I didn't know how to say. You and GBB and a few others - I think may have helped a few people who were there for help. Nobody's going to be able to help those who insist they can't support Clay but they've paid their OFC dues and are gonna stay come hell or high water!

But for those really grappling, you guys may have cracked a window and let in a little light. KWIM?

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

And huggles for Carrie and her teammates hugging her for Shadow today.

Sounds like friendship to me!

ETA:

I still love Rock Hudson and, for that matter, Tab Hunter!

Rock had the most wonderful smile.

I hope we truly see a day when people can be:

white/black/tan/young/old/gay/straight/Asian/Irish/Catholic/SBaptist/Methodist/short/tall/ or in a wheel chair and seen as the person first and the identifier second.

Clay taught me (although I still don't fully succeed) to see the person first and the wheelchair second.

Maybe in our children and grandchildren's lives.

Bookwhore...I know your avie isn't new....but I just sat here mesmerized by it for over a minute. :hubbahubba:

Um...actually that's Gibby's longtime avi. I'm just keeping him limbered up for her.

Aw, thanks so much, bookwhore! Yes, it's quite a selfless gesture. I still sometimes do a double-take when I see that avi, thinking that it's one of my posts! :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

ALSO.... reading TWILIGHT. I can't seem to get away from it. I'm about halfway thru. The movie is coming out in November!!

Hey, chach, I recently started reading the Twilight series, too! And finished all four books within a week of starting the first book. Those books are thick, too! I enjoyed them a great deal. I wouldn't call them classic, great literature, but they sure are a fun read! I'm looking forward to the movie. I've seen the trailers, and it looks like it's going to be really good!

Twilight got me and my girls together this summer. Pretty much like the HP books. It was cute cos we read at different times...daughter 2 and I read it first so we had to keep some things from daughter 1 so we don;t ruin the books for her...It was fun when we all finally read the four books...great way to talk about different types of love.

That's cool, Ansa! My older daughter and I both read all four books, too, and talked about them as we read them. She LOVED Jacob, whereas I thought Bella was better off with Edward because she loved him so (don't worry, I'm being careful not to give anything away for those who haven't finished the series!). Did you and your daughters have different ideas about how you thought the series should end?

Who me? I was being cute. I thought. Just glad to see you. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

No, no! I was talking to wandacleo.

:D

I'm glad to see you too!

Who me? I was being cute. I thought. Just glad to see you. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

No, no! I was talking to wandacleo.

:D

I'm glad to see you too!

What? What? What did I say????

D'oh! I never make myself clear.

I was hoping you were being sarcastic about sexuality trumping talent.

D'oh! I never make myself clear.

I was hoping you were being sarcastic about sexuality trumping talent.

Irony, my dear, irony.

I don't think sexuality should have anything to do with anything (except consensual sex with another adult).

OK, random comment brought on by the Sarah McLachlan being pumped into my head: Does anybody else think a Clay Aiken version of "Ordinary Miracle" be awesome?

ETA:

I still love Rock Hudson and, for that matter, Tab Hunter!

Rock had the most wonderful smile.

I hope we truly see a day when people can be:

white/black/tan/young/old/gay/straight/Asian/Irish/Catholic/SBaptist/Methodist/short/tall/ or in a wheel chair and seen as the person first and the identifier second.

Clay taught me (although I still don't fully succeed) to see the person first and the wheelchair second.

Maybe in our children and grandchildren's lives.

God, I hope we don't have to wait that long. Prejudice does seem to be so casual and pervasive. I don't think, however, it should ever be free of challenge.

As I've said many time time my favorite singer, other than Clay, is Luther Vandross. He went to his grave never saying whether he was gay, straight or bi. That's what he chose to do. Apparantly his friends and colleagues have begun "outing" him after his death. It seem so wrong to me.

But I found this sad -- the whole article is at out.com

Vandross built his career on projecting a romantic image. He often said that the film Love Story, with its passionate, doomed love affair, profoundly influenced his songwriting and delivery. "He fell into that very old tradition," says former Vibe editor Jonathan Van Meter, who is gay, "that because he was famous for sexy, romantic heterosexual music, it would have ruined the magic somehow."

It would not have ruined the magic for me. I think his songs were about love and lonliness and other universal emotions - it just would not have mattered to me if he is indeed gay and had come out.

Eta - and the thing is..going to see Luther was kinda of a family thing that we women did. And all of them just talked about Luther matter of factly as if he were gay. But that didn't stop them from squealing at the show. I noticed that his lady fans in that article were also considered "delusional." No, maybe they just didn't care. As I know we didn't in my family.

As I've said many time time my favorite singer, other than Clay, is Luther Vandross. He went to his grave never saying whether he was gay, straight or bi. That's what he chose to do. Apparantly his friends and colleagues have begun "outing" him after his death. It seem so wrong to me.

But I found this sad -- the whole article is at out.com.

Vandross built his career on projecting a romantic image. He often said that the film Love Story, with its passionate, doomed love affair, profoundly influenced his songwriting and delivery. “He fell into that very old tradition,” says former Vibe editor Jonathan Van Meter, who is gay, “that because he was famous for sexy, romantic heterosexual music, it would have ruined the magic somehow.”

It would not have ruined the magic for me. I think his songs were about love and lonliness and other universal emotions - it just would not have mattered to me if he is indeed gay and had come out.

Isn't it sad that he might have been right.

Luthor Vandross had such a beautiful voice. I can't imagine caring (but then I'm crazy about Rock Hudson and Doris Day movies, so what in the hell do I know.)