#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

aikim, I also believe in personal responsibility and accountability. One of my best friends from high school - when she and her husband divorced (he had the affair with the next door neighbour), she raised 3 young children on her own, the youngest was a new-born. She made up her mind to never date AT ALL until the little one was 12 years old. She said that the kids came first and she made no exceptions. When her youngest was around 12, she agreed to date a doctor she had been friendly with at the hospital where they both worked. The youngest child went with them, and bonded with the man who was to become her step-father. That would be a perfect ending for most single mothers but my friend was fortunate in that she had the intelligence to sort out what she needed to do and the strength to carry it out and never allow anything or anyone to get in the way. Her youngest wrote her the most beautiful letter for Mother's Day, she read it to me over the phone and it brought tears to my eyes. Her kids are all adults now and very successful in their chosen fields. So I agree about personal responsibility but my friend had the ability to turn her life around and she also had good relatives to help her as obviously things weren't always a bed of roses.

One reason why I try to not blame too much is because years ago, I worked in an industry where I attended a lot of events that turned into a haven for drug and alcohol abuse. I was a smoker (not anymore) and that gave me an understanding of what it was like to be addicted to a substance. I was surrounded by people who over-indulged but the fact that I passed on drugs and alcohol was because I didn't like the stuff and didn't like what it did to people, it wasn't because I was such an overly responsible person. I have come across really GOOD, decent people who have a genetic predisposition to alcohol abuse, they can't just drink one glass, it has to be a whole bottle or more then loathe themselves for it. I also have a friend who hates desserts, cookies, and anything that is sweetened. (Yeah I hate her too!) Yet people who don't really know her think she is highly disciplined. Not so at all because she smoked more than I did and for longer than I did. Am I making sense?

I am honestly not making excuses for appalling behavior, the examples I gave above are simple and just scratch the surface - many people have serious disorders and when a bad genetic predisposition collides with a bad environment, the result can be tragic.

liney, kudos to you for turning your life around, you're an inspiration and a shining example of hope. I wonder if something or someone in your life triggered your determination to rise above the cycle of abuse? One of my greatest inspirations is Oprah, she rose above a childhood of abject poverty and the most dreadful abuse but despite her mind-boggling success. she still has issues - which are manifested in a life-long battle with her weight. We, as a species, are very vulnerable.

Glowsticks - fundraiser for Bubel/Aiken Foundation - Clay Aiken

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hPx7yHxihFc

These are the battery operated Glowsticks that are being sold for the benefit of The Bubel/Aiken Foundation. This is a charity dedicated to help all people with disabilities. This Charity was started by Clay Aiken

Send an email to Georgiaclayfan@aol.com if you are interested in purchasing some of these.

They are being held by the Sir Robin bears made by a Clay Aiken fan in remembrance of Spamalot.

Calling kandre!!!!

http://www.mirasolclub.com/clubHouse.asp

It's a ritzy CC in Florida or as 00lsee says :cryingwlaughter:

Heh...I thought of KAndre, too....I was also musing to myself that some Clay fans I know are pretty well set on all things battery-powered. And some other things that aren't, but which make a pleasant, musical tone when jostled.

*smirk*

http://www.musicianwages.com/musician-prof...ed-on-broadway/

This is an interview with Ben Cohn, who played the piano for Clay at the gala and also during the OMWH TV promo that he did back in May. Its a good article and talks about how a musician in a broadway show is responsible for training "subs" for when he is unable to perform due to illness, time off or other gigs. I found this part very interesting:

I am also Clay Aiken’s pianist and we have a gig coming up in Florida [this] week. I’m sure I’ll be subbing out a bunch in the coming weeks… Hope my subs are available!!

I am not surprised he is at GFI since he did the gala BUT what does I’m sure I’ll be subbing out a bunch in the coming weeks… Hope my subs are available!! mean? Or more to the point, can one assume hope since it follows mention of the GFI event with Clay that the need for subs in the coming weeks could be Clay-related????? Just maybe???

If so... EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I see Scarlett and merrieeee online down there! Do you have an update for us on the CUTE singerman? :flirtysmile3:

Thanks for all the well-wishes!!! :BlowKiss:

aikim... :cryingwlaughter: Thanks for the non-Clay countdown. I had no idea the time change was so close.

That's because it was moved without taking the time to make sure everyone was informed and that the impact on applications everywhere (from databases to embedded systems in appliances to getting consensus among different countries) was considered and that adequate time (hee!) was provided for people to put the changes in place smoothly. The first year it was moved to March, I was handling this for our servers and it was a nightmare. Some places in other countries didn't move their DST initially, or probably didn't have time to react and so we had to send updates with rules like (if you're in the Central time zone but not in such-and-such areas of these countries), and then as we were rolling out updates, the local governments in other areas decided to shift DST too, and that triggered yet another round of updates, rinse & repeat, it was just a nightmare.

Bella, I thought Clay was a horse...in the Chinese horoscope (down smutters!) :hahaha:

Have you guy seen this? Very, very cool. It has a lot of info. and music on it. From ChP.

http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/

Wow! How could I have been a fan for 2 1/2 years and never have seen this guest appearance of Clay's on Ed?? Thanks for the link to CNN. It's a great way to start my day.

help! How do I get rid of a raggedy ass sofa -- the love seat is actually pretty good - without spending an arm and a leg.

ETA: clay is cute heee.

Craig's List?

ETA: Yes he is!!! Eeeeeeee!!! I'm counting the hours...

From the CB:

The girls talked to a photographer who is there and were told that a piece for educational TV will be shown in a couple of weeks. They also saw someone with a video camera, but don't know if it is a fan or not. They will try to find out. Considering the economic slump right now, they are very pleased to have only 1 team less than last year. The teams teed off 45 minutes ago.

Just as last year, the breakfast was phenomenal with made to order selections. Jerry and Diane are there and they chatted with Diane for a bit. She said that the BBQ and concert was a sell-out and they had to set up extra tables to handle the reservations. It was for club members and guests only. Hopefully, Sally will give me a call when Clay heads out on the course to "hunt gators" again.

Great pictures!!!

A :flirtysmile3: for the pics and a :hello: to diamondjake!