#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

he's so CUTE.

Especially with stubble! (And really tight pants!)

*giggles snickers*

I hope that was appropriate.

What???? We're supposed to be appropriate around here?? Who knew?!? I sure didn't. And I don't wanna be, either. Heh.

:naughty2:

You know, for being a gay man, Clay sure is frisky with the womenfolk, isn't he? Gives us prurient types something to cling to. :sleezy:

Yup, I've noticed that, too. He seems to enjoy boobies. Wonder why? I think I'll need to do some research to find out. I'll volunteer for the 'boob hold' shot when I get my pic taken with him next time.

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

he's so CUTE.

Especially with stubble! (And really tight pants!)

*giggles snickers*

I hope that was appropriate.

What???? We're supposed to be appropriate around here?? Who knew?!? I sure didn't. And I don't wanna be, either. Heh.

:naughty2:

You know, for being a gay man, Clay sure is frisky with the womenfolk, isn't he? Gives us prurient types something to cling to. :sleezy:

Yup, I've noticed that, too. He seems to enjoy boobies. Wonder why? I think I'll need to do some research to find out. I'll volunteer for the 'boob hold' shot when I get my pic taken with him next time.

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

You'll have some competition there. :hahaha: But that just gave me the delightful mental image of Clay saying, "OK, what kind of pose for your picture?"

"Can you grab my boobs?"

:lol:

Bwah!

Oh, and I have a trademark random question! (Not so random, I'm finally getting around to downloading all of the CFC gala clack...) Does anyone know the order the songs were in?

I've always said that if I ever got a photo with Clay and he asked which pose I'd like, I'd say "The missionary position". That was before I knew what I know.....but now, I'd ask him the same thing anyway, because he'd probably laugh twice as hard. :hahaha:

dirty-mind-terrible-to-waste.gif

Smutters of the Claynation, Unite?

:lol:

Oh, and I have a trademark random question! (Not so random, I'm finally getting around to downloading all of the CFC gala clack...) Does anyone know the order the songs were in?

clayzy... I believe it is:

When I See You Smile (nice start)

Where I Draw the Line (He flubbed the lines at the beginning and said how sad that we knew that)

Everything I Don't Need (massive screams at the "well, well")

OMWH (everyone sang along at the lines about "faith...")

Right Here Waiting (at which time kleenex stock went up tremendously) :cryingwlaughter:

Does that help???

It does indeed! Thanks, liney23! :BlowKiss:

Well we are back in the hotel room. No we couldn't round up enough pennies to buy a one night membership....do they even have those ? I think not!

We consoled ourselves with some of the best seafood we have had in years! Mussels, Oysters, Clams, macadamia encrusted dolphin, bouillabase, seared tuna and the most wonderful creamiest goat cheese evah! Followed by Key Lime cheesecake, Key Lime pie and carrot cake a mile high. We are stuffed!

Not as good as listening to Clay admittedly but what are girls going to do?

Oh...Clay Matron. Yes. That does make more sense.

I was saying it clayMAtron. Like some cyborg/robot/thingy.

She gets that a lot. I thought that at first too.

You know, for being a gay man, Clay sure is frisky with the womenfolk, isn't he?

That's what kept me from believing that he could be gay...that and dayum...the man loves hims some boobies.

Gives us prurient types something to cling to.

Had to google that one. Prurient is CF's new word of the day.

Hmmm....and I thought Claymatron was such a clever play on words, but alas... you guys are not alone. Many people have looked at me blankly when I said my name, and then you could see "the penny drop". I guess I never thought of that when I chose the name. But to me a Claymatron could be a huge machine...just producing perfect clones of the man.

Well, I'd never thought of THAT, lol. I always thought that it was Claymahtron...until you "enlightened me".

I guess that it could be Claymate-ron. :hahaha:

But in reality it's Clay-matron, which means "OldbroadwiththehotsforClay" :cryingwlaughter:

Seeeeee...

I've always said that if I ever got a photo with Clay and he asked which pose I'd like, I'd say "The missionary position". That was before I knew what I know.....but now, I'd ask him the same thing anyway, because he'd probably laugh twice as hard.

:smack:

:cryingwlaughter:

But in reality it's Clay-matron, which means "OldbroadwiththehotsforClay" :cryingwlaughter:

Seeeeee...

I've always said that if I ever got a photo with Clay and he asked which pose I'd like, I'd say "The missionary position". That was before I knew what I know.....but now, I'd ask him the same thing anyway, because he'd probably laugh twice as hard.

:smack:

:cryingwlaughter:

Which is why I always carry a dog eared copy of the Kama Sutra in my purse.....

I was doing a little dangerous living and thinking, since Clay approved the design and sale of thong underwear so we could all become more intimately familiar with his name, would it be much of a stretch (not unlike getting into that thong) to imagine he could market bras embellished with strategically placed hand prints?

A sleep shirt?

Anything?

No, I want a bra..... :D

:da_best: Just wanted to thank everyone again for your comments and suggestions regarding our "problem." There were several things mentioned which I had not thought of-such as shelters- and they may be very beneficial. The good news is that, thanks in part to some of your posts which I shared with her, she is now convinced that she must report this and take whatever legal action is possible. Also, over the weekend my brother was able to reach a friend who used to be an Asst. DA here, and he will be meeting with my sister ASAP. Plus it turns out another employee, an older gentleman, witnessed some of what was happening, was afraid to get involved as this is a scary dude, but now wants to make a statement and testify if necessary. Not sure when we'll feel safe again, but at least there is some movement.

I'll never forget the kindness and support. {{{FCA}}} :BlowKiss:

And now...bring on more GFI reports! Here's hoping that by this time tomorrow we'll have fresh clack. Just the possibility makes me wanna EEEEEEEEEE. :confetti2:

georgiesmybaby, that is great .. the ball is at least starting to roll and in the right direction! Seems to me he's not a novice at extortion and intimidation so these actions will save other potential victims.

So ausdon ... did you do any wild flag-waving today? Afraid I am not at all patriotic! Years ago, there never was the kind of enthusiasm for Australia Day as I am seeing now. I can't believe the number of cars I've seen with flags attached to them. It is a non-event for me because I am very sympathetic to the Aboriginal cause, why would they want to celebrate or be reminded of the day their land was invaded? I am hoping the date will be changed to something that is acceptable to the original inhabitants of this land. It is what the Aborigines have been asking for - I think it is a great idea and our current PM is possibly the man to do it. It's also the anniversary of my sister's passing so another date would suit me fine!!

<snip>I'm bolding the part that hit me square between the eyes and do you know what I was thinking? Jennifer Hudson's family. She lost her mom and her brother AND her little nephew because that asswipe was allowed to roam the streets. Your brother confronting this guy instead of going to the police could be disastrous. I'd think that gatherering what evidence you can to take to them along with threats that he's made would be the way to go.

Actually, the same thing crossed my mind although the difference is that in the Hudson case, the offender wasn't a "stranger" but someone who had once been a member of the family through marriage.

While I would agree the man should not have been on the street; I lay the majority of the blame on Jennifer's sister...she let the man into her family's lives and more importantly she let him into her son's life. I truly cannot understand any mother thinking that man would be a good person to have in her son's life...was she that desperate for someone to love her that she was willing to put her son at risk?

I don't get it at all and it makes me very sad that so many children are at risk because their mothers make such stupid decisions that could be avoided if they would just think about what they are doing.Kim

At first I thought... if I were Jennifer, I'd move far away and have little to do with that sister again. But then... I don't know the life they had led except for reports that they live in a high-crime location. I imagine that is what they are used to, and perhaps many of the people they associate with have been involved in crime in some way, and so it becomes a "comfort zone".

When Jennifer started to make some serious money, she tried to get her mother to move out of the area but the mom wanted to stay in the neighborhood that she was familiar with. I read up a bit on the suspect's history and the guy has some massive issues - his own father locked up for a long time for murder, and he didn't feel wanted by his mom, who apparently could not control him. The problem is that people are having kids when they themselves are so troubled with horrendous issues, and so the kids have almost zero chance in life.

The Hudson case is perhaps a worst-scenario situation but there are many circumstances in families where at least one parent is dangerously inadequate. Kids don't listen to their parents but they tend to still end up imitating them. I dare not even try to imagine how Jennifer and her sister must be feeling and thank my lucky stars that I am not in their shoes and so I honestly can't even blame Julia. Rather, I blame society and the authorities for not caring enough. Mind you, things aren't black and white, we hear of cases where supposedly affluent and well-educated kids go off the rails as teens or young adults and murder the parents. Sometimes mental health issues are at the root of family tragedies but imagine if there are mental health issues PLUS dangerously inadequate parenting. The kid has little chance.

ETA:

This was uploaded to YouTube yesterday.

Glowsticks - fundraiser for Bubel/Aiken Foundation - Clay Aiken

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hPx7yHxihFc

These are the battery operated Glowsticks that are being sold for the benefit of The Bubel/Aiken Foundation. This is a charity dedicated to help all people with disabilities. This Charity was started by Clay Aiken

Send an email to Georgiaclayfan@aol.com if you are interested in purchasing some of these.

They are being held by the Sir Robin bears made by a Clay Aiken fan in remembrance of Spamalot.

Good Morning Everyone,

Everyone have a great time at GFI, can't wait for the clack!

41 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

:yahoo:

53 Days until The First Day of Spring!

Hugs to all that need them!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hi all

What's Mirasol? A resort? I sure hope we hear something about his performance there. To me, it is quite promising to hear that he is performing a set there (mini concert, whatever) in addition to his performance tonight at GFI. Makes me think maybe he wants to get out and sing in front of some audiences again.......like maybe this summer? :please:

All is well in Toronto, my niece is gorgeous, and is dying to get out to play in the snow. However, the snow, deep as it is, isn't quite as alluring right now because it's dirty and gray in spots. She can't wait until it snows again, I think she wants to see it falling from the sky herself. I have learned one Mandarin phrase already......mai ta (no idea how to spell it), but it means "be quiet" and we've all been saying it to my brother this morning. God, someone shut the man up. I love my niece and SIL but can only tolerate my brother in small doses. Which is why I've escaped to the basement to check in with y'all. :cryingwlaughter:

Wheeeeeeeeee, GFI tonight! Hope to be online and check in for the reports and (hopefully) pictures or clack. Have fun, all you lucky people in Florida!

Claytonic I agree with you to a point; but I also believe in accountability and personal responsibility...sadly, in today's society being a victim has almost become a badge of honor...you see it all the time...from sports figures, to entertainment figures, to regular people...no one ever admits they were in the wrong...it is always someone else's fault. I agree that there is a cycle of abuse and neglect in society which has become generational and some never rise above that, but some do...you can make the decision to break the cycle.

As a mother I do feel for Julia...losing a child is horrendous; but the fact is she allowed a man into her life and her son's life that had issues..a man prone to violence...that was her decision...so I can't absolve her of any responsibility in this situation.

Kim

photoboothspamwithMerle1largercropp.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle2largercrop.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle3largercropp.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle4largercrop.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle5largercrop.jpg

photoboothspamwithMerle6largercrop.jpg

photoboothwithReed1largercropJPG.jpg

photoboothwithReed2largercrop.jpg

photoboothwithReed3largercropped.jpg

photoboothwithReed4largercrop.jpg

photoboothwithReed5largercropped.jpg

photoboothwithReed6largercropped.jpg

photoboothspamwithmerlelargercro-1.jpg

photoboothwithReedlargercroppedandf.jpg

just wanted to see them again without searching.

New page & all... again... ICG.gif

Welcome back, ldyj! :BlowKiss:

Enjoy your company, luckiest!

Glowsticks - fundraiser for Bubel/Aiken Foundation - Clay Aiken

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hPx7yHxihFc

These are the battery operated Glowsticks that are being sold for the benefit of The Bubel/Aiken Foundation. This is a charity dedicated to help all people with disabilities. This Charity was started by Clay Aiken

Send an email to Georgiaclayfan@aol.com if you are interested in purchasing some of these.

They are being held by the Sir Robin bears made by a Clay Aiken fan in remembrance of Spamalot.

Calling kandre!!!!

http://www.mirasolclub.com/clubHouse.asp

It's a ritzy CC in Florida or as 00lsee says :cryingwlaughter:

http://www.musicianwages.com/musician-prof...ed-on-broadway/

This is an interview with Ben Cohn, who played the piano for Clay at the gala and also during the OMWH TV promo that he did back in May. Its a good article and talks about how a musician in a broadway show is responsible for training "subs" for when he is unable to perform due to illness, time off or other gigs. I found this part very interesting:

I am also Clay Aiken’s pianist and we have a gig coming up in Florida [this] week. I’m sure I’ll be subbing out a bunch in the coming weeks… Hope my subs are available!!

I am not surprised he is at GFI since he did the gala BUT what does I’m sure I’ll be subbing out a bunch in the coming weeks… Hope my subs are available!! mean? Or more to the point, can one assume hope since it follows mention of the GFI event with Clay that the need for subs in the coming weeks could be Clay-related????? Just maybe???

Good Morning Everyone,

Everyone have a great time at GFI, can't wait for the clack!

41 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

53 Days until The First Day of Spring!

Hugs to all that need them!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

aikim... :cryingwlaughter: Thanks for the non-Clay countdown. I had no idea the time change was so close.

Claytonic I agree with you to a point; but I also believe in accountability and personal responsibility...sadly, in today's society being a victim has almost become a badge of honor...you see it all the time...from sports figures, to entertainment figures, to regular people...no one ever admits they were in the wrong...it is always someone else's fault. I agree that there is a cycle of abuse and neglect in society which has become generational and some never rise above that, but some do...you can make the decision to break the cycle.

As a mother I do feel for Julia...losing a child is horrendous; but the fact is she allowed a man into her life and her son's life that had issues..a man prone to violence...that was her decision...so I can't absolve her of any responsibility in this situation.

Kim

aikim... I agree with you totally. Blame does no good, except to keep the blamer from moving away from the situation. I grew up abused and my parents were abused... not sure before that. I knew I had problems and am still working on them, but was able to raise three children away from that cycle. Those who grow up abused know they have problems. They need to take responsibility for changing themselves and getting out, since you sure can't change the other persons involved. Easy... no. Doable... yes.

Kung Hei Fat Choy! Happy New Year to everyone celebrating today! :fest09: I love my Chinese horoscope, especially since Clay and I are the same sign!

Year of the Ox Horoscopes

Thanks to whoever posted the adorable pictures with Merle the first time - I was offline all weekend (pesky tendonitis again), so I missed them until this morning.