#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

And most of those years deflecting interest in his private life was pre-coming out...if he was still that concerned we wouldn't know about Reed...I think the only part of his private life that is off limits is Parker.

Well, we sure don't know about Reed because Clay told us anything. *g* I still think he's going to live his life. I just don't expect him to write and sell a book about it. I also don't think that his being in the closet was what it was all about. I really think he meant it when he said he was taking his life back.

As with most things Clay...time will tell.

I don't doubt that the offers are out there for him to write a book. So if he wants to he will. If he doesn't he won't. I've been wrong before. Today even.

---

eta...yeah Luther's part of the et. al. Sorry couchie *mwah*

[

<---- loves old school R&B! :wub: From the 60's to the 80's!

Jerry Butler, Sam Cooke, The Temps, The 4 tops, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, The O'Jay's, The Spinners, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Ashford & Simpson, James Ingram, Jeffrey Osbourne, Peabo Bryson, et.al.

And don't forget Luther. I really miss him.

Me too! I'll add the Platters and the Drifters to that list.

[

<---- loves old school R&B! :wub: From the 60's to the 80's!

Jerry Butler, Sam Cooke, The Temps, The 4 tops, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, The O'Jay's, The Spinners, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Ashford & Simpson, James Ingram, Jeffrey Osbourne, Peabo Bryson, et.al.

And don't forget Luther. I really miss him.

Me too! I'll add the Platters and the Drifters to that list.

Augh....how could I forget the PLATTERS!?!!

*hangs head in shame*

Gadz would I love to hear Clay sing Twilight Time.

Ok I was thinking. I know some of you Clay encyclopedias can help me. Remember when Clay did the Billboard radio interview/countdown back in 2003/04 and they played his favorite song at the end. And it was some unheard of R&B duet? I can't remember the artists..I think Patti Austin and James Ingram or it could be Peobo Bryson and Anita Baker heh. Anyway, if it's James Ingram I just have to laugh. Really, although a great singer he is not all that well known. The majority of his hits came as a result of his work with Quincy Jones. Q has a stable of singers he calls up for stuff and James is one of them. Clay and I are probably one of the couple of folks that actually bought James Ingrams's solo debut album. I don't think it did well and don't think he's had many since then...at least I don't think so. The man can sang though. I love his duets with Patti Auston -- Baby Come to Me and How do you keep the music playing.

ETA: And let me make this clear..Clay would have had to buy the album at a garage sell since he was probably 3 when it came out. :hahaha:

It's James Ingram & Anita Baker, "When You Love Someone". :)

I don't know styles and how to differentiate between them, but was Superstar and Always and Forever considered R&B? Because if he would sing the full versions of them, and songs like them, I would love it. Especially Superstar because when they showed that on Rewind, I realized why they didn't show it the first time. He blew them all out of the water with that. I really love deep voice Clay.

I don't know styles and how to differentiate between them, but was Superstar and Always and Forever considered R&B? Because if he would sing the full versions of them, and songs like them, I would love it. Especially Superstar because when they showed that on Rewind, I realized why they didn't show it the first time. He blew them all out of the water with that. I really love deep voice Clay.

Luther Vandross was the ultimate cover lover.

Superstar was a Carpenters song.

Always and Forever was a Heatwave Song

And my second favorite Luther album is a covers album.

I miss him.

Jamar loved your list. I also loved Jeffrey Osborne and the Whispers - if you just say yes... I will do the rest...ahemm..excuse me

I wanna soak into you like rain

Make love until my energy drains

And as lust erases all shame

You'll scream my name out of pleasure, not pain

. :hahaha:don't think clay will ever sing that song. :hahaha:

Clay really did a wonderful job on all the R&B stuff he did during JBT..whether it was in the motwon 60s section or even stuff like End of the Road.

Small rooms sometimes need smaller songs.

and smaller pianos

Or if it's a grand piano, the lid can be put down and the piano won't drown out the singer. :)

muski, where do I sign up to get that book, and how soon will it be out? And I expect pics because I'm one of those visual people so I need it to get into the story and all.

Hey! I need pics, too! Of all of that 'talking.' Heh.

There's quite the contrast between Clays' look last night, and at GFI last year!

GFI_D.jpgIMG_9509crop-1.jpg

GFI_D.jpg

I really like this... he looks fabulous.

I like this look too. He looks so much younger here and I got a thing for younger men. Especially this younger man.

I loved the Motown section of the JBT and End of the Road was one of my favorites from that tour.

BWAH! His hair in that pic makes me think of Cameron Diaz in "Something About Mary"... :hahaha::cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, that's certainly the most flattering pic I've seen of Clay lately....I'm tellin' ya'---he looks so much better with dark colors near his face, IMO. Love that smile. :wub:

Oh justclay! I loved End of the Road, too! When I listen to that now I always think..."Hmmm...Jacob sounds pretty danged good...and then.....THEN...the VOX enters and immediately it's like "Jacob Who?" :huh: Gah...I love his voice doing soul and R&B and Motown stuff...Talk about some exploding heads if he ever decided to record an R&B covers cd. :blink:

Oh! Wouldn't that be GREAT if that's what he was talking about in that "Talk Back" session when he said the next cd was going to be covers?!!?!?!?!??!?! :Thud:

Interesting...David Cook is starting a tour in February---all on college campuses for $5 a ticket! :blink:

The 37-show spring tour kicks off at Florida State University on Feb. 13. The crooner will rock and roll his way through the South, Midwest and the East Coast of the U.S.—but no stops in California or at his alma mater, University of Central Missouri—singing tracks from his recent, eponymous album

And David Archuleta is doing a solo tour, too.

The 20-city road trip kicks off Feb. 24 in Virginia Beach, Va., and will keep Archuleta's pipes engaged at theaters and other midsize venues such as the storied House of Blues until March 21.

Two strategies, it would seem---one to appeal to a young crowd at a very affordable price and the other to play small/medium venues...

Oh well....

muski starts singing, "One day he'll come I love...the man I love...."

Every time Clay changes his hair, I think he looks great.

I like that he keeps changing his looks--gives us something to look forward to and chat about.

It's that face I really love.

Chain of Fools was originally by Aretha (at least that's the first version I heard), so yeah, definitely R&B. R&B covers would rule my world!

Al Green is my main R&B/soul man...

Chain of Fools was originally by Aretha (at least that's the first version I heard), so yeah, definitely R&B. R&B covers would rule my world!

Al Green is my main R&B/soul man...

How could we forget Al???

I'm so in love with you. Whatever you want to do is alright with me 'Cause you make me feel, so brand new... :music-smiley-023:

I think the new Album is going to be all covers and its title will be "Only Sad Songs for Me." I am a bit unimpressed with tonight's selection of songs. I am a bit disappointed that Clay not only sang "Sorry ..." but forgot some of the words to it. Out of all the songs he knows he picked a downer that he does not like enough to remember the words to. The whole entertainment section felt out of kilter.

I know if I had been at this event I would have reveled in seeing Clay and hearing him sing. I will enjoy the clack especially This is the Moment. Cellcert connections never really do the voice justice as the sound is not balanced.

Clay should never, let me repeat, NEVER apologize for soliciting donations for his foundation. He needs to tell the story of the foundation and give people the opportunity to dig deep.

What's that old saying in this fandom, you're never alone. For the first time in my life, I downloaded the audio and shut it down after a couple of songs. Maybe it would have been different if I had been there, who knows, as I downloaded the videos today and felt differently about the songs when I could see him singing them. If he gets support for covers and it is a hugely successful, I will swallow my disappointment as I want success for him. He deserves it and, unfortunately, he doesn't have the power right now to be making demands.