#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

but I think he went a bit heavy on the guyliner.

NOT FUNNY!!!! :naughtywag:

Are you trying to give me a heart attack??? (Don't answer that!)

bwah..now I can't wait for the photos... I like guyliner

ETA: well crap..just got to merrieee's post...how dare she keed. heee

NCGurrrl..I hope he never apologizes either because good comes from the foundation. I wish I had the money to dig deep.

Merrieee..thanks for buying something although you didn't even really want it. That's what it should be all about.. just loving the work that they do.

Speaking of which... Playbiller came up with a good idea for a FCA fundraiser for TBAF so.. maybe I'll add a thread tomorrow and we can help figure out the logistics. If you do VIEW NEW POSTS you'll find it. :hahaha:

I think the new Album is going to be all covers and its title will be "Only Sad Songs for Me." I am a bit unimpressed with tonight's selection of songs. I am a bit disappointed that Clay not only sang "Sorry ..." but forgot some of the words to it. Out of all the songs he knows he picked a downer that he does not like enough to remember the words to. The whole entertainment section felt out of kilter.

I know if I had been at this event I would have reveled in seeing Clay and hearing him sing. I will enjoy the clack especially This is the Moment. Cellcert connections never really do the voice justice as the sound is not balanced.

Clay should never, let me repeat, NEVER apologize for soliciting donations for his foundation. He needs to tell the story of the foundation and give people the opportunity to dig deep.

I didn't have time to lighten up the clip (the lighting was very dark, just like at the Gala in October) and this is mpg (DVD-quality) but here's a link:

I've sent it to geekette so it will be on CH, CV and CU but this is for those who waited up to see it...

This Is The Moment (mpg)

I didn't have time to lighten up the clip (the lighting was very dark, just like at the Gala in October) and this is mpg (DVD-quality) but here's a link:

I've sent it to geekette so it will be on CH, CV and CU but this is for those who waited up to see it...

This Is The Moment (mpg)

Thank you!!! It's going to take about 36 minutes to download, which should be just about the time I finish my paper. *muah* :BlowKiss:

Scarlett....thank you SOOOOO much for your intrepid, awesome Clack Gathering! God, what a different experience this whole Clay fandom would be without you and others who always bring it home to us. :giantpopcorn:

Thank you.

:BlowKiss::woman:

And although I don't always hear perfection or personally approve of every.single.thing.that.Clay.says.or.sings.

I cannot and don't even want to think of the void in my life without Clay and his music in it. I'll always look forward to him and his talent. (even though I might reeelly, reeeeely dislike the song he chooses to sing or prefer one accompanist over another that he hires to play for him! :P ----it doesn't have to be all or nothin', folks....)

:hello:jazzgirl :hug:

As much as I loved Spam & Sir Robin, I was thrilled to hear Clay singing again tonight. I honestly didn't even notice the piano. His voice is just pure magic.

Scarlett... THANK YOU!!! TITM is fantasticly videoed. GAH!!! Unfortunately, the piano is so close that I couldn't hear some of the words, but that didn't matter cause I just wanted to see him. Every expression on that gorgeous face was captured wonderfully by our own Clack Goddess extraordinaire. I've already watched it three times... :cryingwlaughter:

Hopefully, someone will find the best audio and marry it to this awesome video so we can both watch and hear Clay in the manner to which we have become accustomed. LOL

Jazzgirl... where did you get that picture of those gorgeous tigers in your avi. I love tigers, oh my!

21d0shc.jpg

I'm a kitty cat!!! And I dance, dance, dance, YEAAHHHH!!!

I wub the kitty! :clap:

I only wish that Clay had sung something that kitty coulda jammed to!

I'm having a sudden revisiting of the feelings I had after I found out that the next CD is going to be a covers CD. :(

I'm with Muski and ncgurrl re: the song selection. So, I'll leave it at that before Cindilu2 wants to smack me.

I'm hoping that Scarlett's clack will pull me out of this "slow songs/covers funk" that I'm suddenly finding myself in. :please:

Thanks for the link Scarlett. :BlowKiss:

Showing 1hr 10min. Guess I'll be watchin' in the am.

As much as I loved Spam & Sir Robin, I was thrilled to hear Clay singing again tonight. I honestly didn't even notice the piano. His voice is just pure magic.

*waves back at annabear* Hee! What piano? I didn't notice a piano either. Good luck on your paper!

Jazzgirl... where did you get that picture of those gorgeous tigers in your avi. I love tigers, oh my!

Thank you! I just googled "tiger" images and lucked out with two gorgeous tigers. I like animal print clothing too (*when I'm an old lady, I will likely still be wearing my animal prints*).

For me, "This is the Moment" put a giant smile on my face. I would love a Broadway album (maybe I could retire my Mandy Patinkin one then *imagines Scarlett groaning at Mandy Patinkin and Clay in same sentence*). My Linda Eder Broadway album needs a companion.

Muski, I think all of us enjoy Clay in our own way. I don't like Mandy. Frankly it cracks me up but that's about the only thing (sticks tongue out at Kandre and puts on Sailin') and even that just made me laugh, especially the timing of my convo with Cindilu last night. So you're right it doesn't have to be all or nothing but ALL is ok too. I can't help it. :hahaha:

Hi Jazzgirl - you know I'm going to have have to listen to Mandy Patinkin. I just know him as an actor.

Annabear -- me too. I just really missed his singing.

Ok fun is over I'm going to work.

I met the golfers that various people sponsored today. There was a 12 year old boy who was the cutest thing. His team shot 5 under! We high fived on that one.

There was a girl who didn't tell me her age but she said her team shot 5 over. I told her it was a lot better than I could do. Their teaching instructor was an ex LPGA player. We talked for quite while and the teacher could not thank me enough for us sponsoring them. They were thrilled that we would do such a thing and said how generous it was of us.

They had a wonderful day out on the course and Clay stopped by to have his picture taken with them. The little girl had no idea who he was but at the end of the dinner they were standing at the back of the room taking pictures.

As they left they again said thank you to the fans who had enabled them to play. It is an experience these kids will never forget.

I took them ball caps and they liked them.

I did not get any pics because they are very protective of the kids pics on the internet. However if they are posted on the First Tee website I can then give you the link. I know they would like to do that as it is quite a newsworthy item for them.

Hi Jazzgirl - you know I'm going to have have to listen to Mandy Patinkin. I just know him as an actor.

couchie, here's one of my favorites: Mandy Patinkin singing Sondheim's "Loving You" from Passion and "If I Loved You" from Carousel. I like to imagine Clay singing these.

The "This is the Moment" clack is great! Scarlett, you done good!

damn I had an instant flashback to 2003 or 2004 when I saw that second picture.

ETA: thanks for all the getting rid of sofa tips. See if I was like some people where I live I'd just go dump it by the garbage can in the dark of night.

If we have any health insurance experts around here can you pm me. I need assurance that I can't beat the enormous sums of money I have to pay to keep my insurance through cobra which of course is a must for me.

Yay for GFI! Yay for the lovely lovely clack-gatherers and all their lovely lovely clack!

I haven't watched any yet, just caught up, but I can't wait.

Hmmm. Is a mini concert defined by the number of people allowed to attend or the number of songs sung?

I think it's the size of the people attending.

Well we are back in the hotel room. No we couldn't round up enough pennies to buy a one night membership....do they even have those ? I think not!

We consoled ourselves with some of the best seafood we have had in years! Mussels, Oysters, Clams, macadamia encrusted dolphin, bouillabase, seared tuna and the most wonderful creamiest goat cheese evah! Followed by Key Lime cheesecake, Key Lime pie and carrot cake a mile high. We are stuffed!

Not as good as listening to Clay admittedly but what are girls going to do?

Is it a pay-by -the-hour sort of establishment? :lilredani:

Do they really serve dolphin ? :o

georgiesmybaby, that is great .. the ball is at least starting to roll and in the right direction! Seems to me he's not a novice at extortion and intimidation so these actions will save other potential victims.

So ausdon ... did you do any wild flag-waving today? Afraid I am not at all patriotic! Years ago, there never was the kind of enthusiasm for Australia Day as I am seeing now. I can't believe the number of cars I've seen with flags attached to them. It is a non-event for me because I am very sympathetic to the Aboriginal cause, why would they want to celebrate or be reminded of the day their land was invaded? I am hoping the date will be changed to something that is acceptable to the original inhabitants of this land. It is what the Aborigines have been asking for - I think it is a great idea and our current PM is possibly the man to do it. It's also the anniversary of my sister's passing so another date would suit me fine!!

Hey Claytonic, I think they gave those flags away with a newspaper. I must say I felt a bit slack since I don't own a flag but I was wearing my aus flag thongs (umm flip-flops to the USA peeps!). Also we couldn't remember many words to "We are Australian" I was surprised at that since the kids seem to sing it ( all 150 verses :) ) at nearly every school concert. When they start singing it in preschool there isn't a dry eye in the house but by grade seven it's strained smiles and polite applause!!

We had a couple friends round for a BBQ and I made a green and gold salad and a pav with peppermint crisp and violet crumble lollies smashed up on top of it for the green and gold. (Yes, health food!)

I too would be happy if they changed the date since it holds a bad vibe for so many. I am also very happy to celebrate, not so much the settlement but the nation we are today. Of course we have our problems and some past wrongs to be acknowledged and redressed but there is much to be proud of. There are many worse places to live and I am thankful to be here. :wub:

Bella19...If Clay is an "Ox"...then all the better...I'm a "Snake" (shutup) and according to that horoscope info:

Snake and Ox are joining signs

Oh, yeah, baby.... :tasty:

Hey Muski I am also a "snake"......... ummmm ......snakes unite? :hahaha:

Thank you Scarlett and goldarngirl for uploading that Clack so quickly.

It was such a pleasure to see him performing after hearing it, even if I'm not exactly OTM about the song choices.

*waves back at annabear* Hee! What piano? I didn't notice a piano either. Good luck on your paper!

Thank you! I just googled "tiger" images and lucked out with two gorgeous tigers. I like animal print clothing too (*when I'm an old lady, I will likely still be wearing my animal prints*).

For me, "This is the Moment" put a giant smile on my face. I would love a Broadway album (maybe I could retire my Mandy Patinkin one then *imagines Scarlett groaning at Mandy Patinkin and Clay in same sentence*). My Linda Eder Broadway album needs a companion.

Oh, I loved to hear him sing tonight! It's been much too long since we heard anything like this. With apologies to Ben who's amazing especially with the way he quickly learned POYB, all I could hear was his voice.

Mandy? *reacts in the same manner that Sir Robin does to 'Andrew Lloyd Webber'* That album needs to be redone by Clay!

One more:

Proud of Your Boy (mpg)

Seriously hate to admit that I hate that song "This is the Moment," but I STILL liked hearing Clay sing it.

(....phone book....mumble mumble.....mumble)

TWIN!!!!! (Although I haven't listened to it yet...will wait for visual clack...)

OMG - I must be wasted - I was trying to figure out what song is TWIN!! :cryingwlaughter:

146.jpg

This is the Clay look that I love!

Hey
Claytonic
, I think they gave those flags away with a newspaper. I must say I felt a bit slack since I don't own a flag but I
was
wearing my aus flag thongs (umm flip-flops to the USA peeps!). Also we couldn't remember many words to "We are Australian" I was surprised at that since the kids seem to sing it ( all 150 verses
:)
) at nearly every school concert. When they start singing it in preschool there isn't a dry eye in the house but by grade seven it's strained smiles and polite applause!!

We had a couple friends round for a BBQ and I made a green and gold salad and a pav with peppermint crisp and violet crumble lollies smashed up on top of it for the green and gold. (Yes, health food!)

I too would be happy if they changed the date since it holds a bad vibe for so many. I am also very happy to celebrate, not so much the settlement but the nation we are today. Of course we have our problems and some past wrongs to be acknowledged and redressed but there is much to be proud of. There are many worse places to live and I am thankful to be here.
:wub:

WOW that is impressive, a green and gold pav! You're very creative to come up with that!

I have a couple of Aboriginal friends who are very sensitive about their situation and I hate seeing them upset about issues that mean so much to them. I also used to be good friends with one of Australia's best-known Aboriginal actresses and she taught me a lot about Australia from their perspective. She gave me her own copy of the book "Black Like Me", which means so much, especially now that cancer has robbed her of her life. There's been much progress since then but we still need to do a LOT more. My biggest problem with Australia is that we still pledge allegiance to the Queen and after what happened with PM Gough Whitlam, the day we cut loose from those apron-strings and have our own unique flag is the day I will wave the Aussie flag and truly celebrate my grown-up country. However, having said that, I agree with you... this is one of the best places in the world to live and I feel very fortunate to be here.

ETA:

Vote on the online poll. Should the date of Australia Day be changed?

I forgot to include this link which one of my Aboriginal friends sent me.
Ausdon,
please vote! I am putting this here rather than sending to you privately in case anyone else is interested to read about it. Australian politics isn't important enough for the super-powers but I know there will always be a few humanitarians who care about the plight of our Aborigines. The YES vote is dismal at this stage; it's sad that so few care that we are celebrating a historical date considered to be a day mourning for the Aborigines. They don't get it, they don't understand the power of symbolism. A change of date won't change history, but it will be a powerful symbol for reconciliation. We need a date that is INCLUSIVE of ALL Australians. (Love that word "inclusive", since it means everyone counts....)

aikim/liney
, re our conversation about accountability and personal responsibility. The Aborigines are accused of being lazy, 'bludgers' and drunks and told by white Australia to take personal responsibility and be accountable. The thing is, the ancestors of white Australia invaded their land in 1788 and tried to exterminate them. As recently as the late 1960s, they were considered to be part of flora and fauna, i.e. not counted as human inhabitants in the census. Basically, they've been "chopped off at the knees" and then expected to "pull up their socks" just because they've been handed a few "special privileges". Their life expectancy is drastically lower than the average non-Aboriginal Australian. It's not that simple to recover from generations of abuse and discrimination, particularly when the reminders are always there. This is basically what I mean about situations where the cycle is repeated because they don't know any other way. Education is really the only light at the end of the tunnel.

EATA:

I can't access any of those video links, but I've been checking constantly on YouTube and finally found a couple posted by mariedrummond1. The piano IS a bit loud but the voice shines through. How I would LOVE a whole album of Clay singing a capella. His voice is the only instrument that matters.