#47: That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• President Obama needed advice from a Stimulus Package Expert.
    • I will watch with Clay on it. And TIVO it, and wat it multi-times, and in freeze frame.
    • Let's celebrate what's good about him, his music, his philanthropy, his good looks, his great voice, his everything!
    • He was just a singer on a stupid reality show and would disappear like Kaiser Sose!
    • This guy is worth all the love we can bestow on him!
    • What a joy it was to sit right there and watch "naked" Clay singing "naked" songs.
    • Clay is Wicked Awesome!
    • Two words: Aiken Fog.
    • ...phone book...mumble...mumble...
    • Clay Aiken has wicked game
    • 6 years and counting and he's still curling toes.
    • My game is wicked...
    • No matter what Clay says or does, SOMEBODY will get their panties in a wad.
    • He's Clay Aiken. He sneezes in style.
    • Clay Aiken=Me fan Squared to the nth degree for life!
    • He is...therefore I fan.
    • The perfect mix of voice, comedy, and just plain humanity.
    • I never said I wasn't crazy. I just said that I wasn't a Claymate.

Hello, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Thank you for the calendars, cindilu2. Requesting the versions without dates, too. I've been checking your Yuku page off and on all day. :clap:

July and August would be good too! Reed could sing backup!!!!

:cryingwlaughter: wonder if he plays sax :hysterical:

Don't know -- but I do! :lol:

Have a great weekend, all! :imgtongue:

Caro listen.gif

Surrrre, but can you do the WDC mambo? :whistling-1:

Well, cindilu I certainly respect and appreciate your banner and wallpaper, et al, talents...but I'll have to just uh :unsure: bypass this particular banner when logging in....So many beautiful shots of Clay I enjoy looking at more. I'm happy that he's happy and having a good time with a honey, but oy...I'm just not lovin' the Orville Popcorn King look... :cryingwlaughter:

So hubby's off to Seattle for a few days, older daughter's at a friend's b-day party and younger daughter just woke up from a 4 hour nap after playing a double header softball game! Dinner? :huh: well...uh...I pointed Carrie to the Bagel Bites in the freezer and I'm having some ice cream. :cocktail:

That puppy is adorable, as is the cute guy in the banner.

I have a question about some old clack that I heard about long time ago. It was from when Clay was still on AI and he was being interviewed and he said something about being a sex symbol and then about not quoting him, I think. But then he ended with "I'm screwed" and I think you hear Kim L. laughing. I had audio of it at one time but had read that there was video but only a few people had it and that was before I knew anybody. Does anyone here know what clip I'm talking about, and better yet, does anyone here know how to find it?

Clayzy, I feel for you. I actually had to stop being around my 3 sisters because of the way they were treating me because I liked Clay. It didn't have to do with homophobia in my case but it was about respect, which was sorely lacking in my family to begin with. I had to make the choice of breaking away or continuing to be treated like I was a mental case, so for my sanity and peace of mind, I chose to break away. Luckily, I have two great kids and some friends who do respect me, and all of you wonderful people here. And some crazy people at NNHB and the shed. Hey canfly :hello: .

For me; this has always been a fun little hobby that I do for myself. My family thinks I am a little nuts at times but I have to say my hubby has been pretty understanding. The first concert I went to was the IT in Chicago. I took my daughter (who was a fan at the time) and one of her friends.

Now, there was no way I was going to drive to the city, so my husband, who works nights and usually is in bed by 6:00...drove us down; waited for two hours in the car until the concert was over and then drove us home. Then he went to work on about 2 hours sleep. It was the sweetest thing and this was before I had found the boards and my Clay friends to go to concerts with.

I am not really public with my fandom to others outside my immediate family...my sisters know, but I don't talk about him when we are together. People at work know, but I don't have wallpapers on my computer here or at work. I did have his calendar up in the kitchen the year it came out...but to tell the truth; it made me very uncomfortable having it in my husband's face everytime he walked into the kitchen. I felt like it was sort of an affront to him...I did leave it up all year, but I was kind of relieved when the year was over and I could take it down.

And yet, the other day when my best Clay buddy called my husband answered the phone and knowing it was her from the caller ID, answered "Clay Aiken Fan Club"...he really does get a kick out of the two of us together.

I figure this is just like his NASCAR hobby, I figure he has that to keep him busy and I have this.

It makes me happy and I can't imagine my life without it.

Kim

:teehee:

Winter makes me tired and cranky.

:word:

double :word:

I love the new banner!! :wub:

I just went to the Pharmacy PO to pick up mail that I got PO cards for (parcels to big for the mailbox) and...

My pictures that I ordered from the Zenfolio site that night when I was making screencaps came!!!

I am impressed.

If I knew then, what I know now, I'd have ordered a few more copies of the full Spam pages.

I ordered a 4X6 and an 8X10 of Clay giving Reed the finger and a 4X6 and an 8X10 of Clay grabbing Merle's boobies and a 10 X 13 copy of each of the full Spam pages with all 6 pix.

They were extremely well packaged and protected. The large pix were taped to cardboard and the smaller ones in sleeves with a layer of thin foam and sandwiched between 2 layers of corregated cardboard, professionally sealed with plastic and the whole shebang in a hard cardboard express mail thingie and requiring a signature to receive.

I should have gotten a few more for friends and might have ordered a bigger size than I did but it was $50 plus S&H for those 6 things.

Quality is very good though! :laola0:

I don't know if anybody else ordered anything that night before the site made the code go bye-bye and we couldn't access the site any longer.

I know I am the only one who made large screencaps. I just may have been the only fan to get copies direct from negs from the website.

:lilredani:

FINALLY! WHo do you have to know around here to get something done. :cryingwlaughter: Muski you can thank me for the decorations cuz I've been begging for the banner since I saw the photos. It took me this long to corrupt Cindilu2 so she would get over her reluctance to do one with these whoknowshowwegotourhandsonthem photos. :cryingwlaughter:

Aikim..your husband sounds like a doll. Reminds me of my brother in law who is so sweet and tooki off a few days to "babysit" my mom right after she had her stroke and when I called to check on her he answered the phone "daddy day care."

Fortunately I don't have anyone that I need to be paying attention to so can pretty much do what I want but even so..those first two years I devoted so much time to him that I ignored a lot of other folks that I normally did things with. I made a correction during year 3. I can't even imagine having a family or husband back then or it would have been divorce court for me.

Speaking of court.. I need to find a job fast because I may not be hooked on soaps anymore but I found a station that has court shows on all day...just one after the other. It's only background noise cuz I am usually doing my sitonmyass job but still... I love some of those judges.

I have the audio of that clip and I will look for it.

Thanks merrieee, I lost a bunch of stuff when my old computer died. I replaced most of the concert clack and tv shows, but some of that early stuff I couldn't even remember what they were to be able to look for them.

And cindilu, I don't think it was a radio interview because some fans said they had video of it. I never saw it though.

:teehee:

Winter makes me tired and cranky.

:word:

double :word:

I love the new banner!! :wub:

I just went to the Pharmacy PO to pick up mail that I got PO cards for (parcels to big for the mailbox) and...

My pictures that I ordered from the Zenfolio site that night when I was making screencaps came!!!

I am impressed. If I knew then, what I know now, I'd have ordered a few more copies of the full Spam pages.

I ordered a 4X6 and an 8X10 of Clay giving Reed the finger and a 4X6 and an 8X10 of Clay grabbing Merle's boobies and a 10 X 13 copy of each of the full Spam pages with all 6 pix.I should have gotten a few more for friends and might have ordered a bigger size than I did but it was $50 plus S&H for those 6 things.

Quality is very good though! :laola0:

I don't know if anybody else ordered anything that night before the site made the code go bye-bye and we couldn't access the site any longer.

I know I am the only one who made large screencaps. I just may have been the only fan to get copies direct from negs from the website.

:lilredani:

Canfly

with all your talents couldn't you just have used the pictures that were posted on here?

just wondering. That seems like a lot of money to me.

and all of you wonderful people here. And some crazy people at NNHB and the shed. Hey canfly .

She just called me crazy didn't she?

:dan:

Sure did. :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks merrieee, I lost a bunch of stuff when my old computer died. I replaced most of the concert clack and tv shows, but some of that early stuff I couldn't even remember what they were to be able to look for them.

And cindilu, I don't think it was a radio interview because some fans said they had video of it. I never saw it though.

Sendspace of interview

I don't know where it came from - but this is the audio of it (the 'I'm screwed' comes at the very end). I've been here since the beginning and don't recall there ever being video of it. Love to see it if it exists.

with all your talents couldn't you just have used the pictures that were posted on here?

just wondering. That seems like a lot of money to me.

With all my WHAT talents, lol???

I know how to take clack. I know how to cap clack.

I know how to crop the tail-end off of a vid if I let the tape run too long and it goes past the end of the song.

I know how to upload to sendspace.

I know how to screencap. I know how to save and crop pix in Paint.

I know how to right click and save as. I know how to upload pix to PB.

That would be the full extent of my "talents".

I don't have photoshop.

I have no clue how to make a montage, other than I've watched Goldarngirl editing montages and had NO clue what she was doing.

I don't even own one of those thingies that you can print your own pictures on, lol. I gotta get me one of dem things. All of my pictures exist soley on my computer screen, lol.

:shrug:

Sendspace of interview

I don't know where it came from - but this is the audio of it (the 'I'm screwed' comes at the very end). I've been here since the beginning and don't recall there ever being video of it. Love to see it if it exists.

Thanks. I'll listen too and see if it's familiar or not...